Need for Stability in Maps Oppresses Necros

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Noble.3647

Noble.3647

First Skyhammer & now The Edge of the Mists – in both of those maps, you really Need Practical Stability to do well. Yet Anet (in its finite wisdom) has kept Necromancers from having Practical Stability. [Practical Stability being stability where you can also Heal, use Condition Removal, use Skills, etc.] Necros remain the ONLY profession in the entire game without Practical Stability (with the exception of the one cleanse, lich #5).
So, thank you Anet for making a whole map just to screw with Necros.

And, while I am on the Need for Stability – WHY are Necros the ONLY Profession with almost all of its interrupts being Fear??
Fear is not bad, Except for the fact that it is a CONDITION – the ONLY Interrupt that is a condition! And thus Fear is the ONLY interrupt that can be Cleansed/Gotten Rid of INSTANTLY! In fact, Fear is the ONLY Interrupt that can be ignored completely (not counting blocks) by some professions (e.g. Warrior with Shrug It Off [Tactics VII], Elementalist Diamond Skin, etc.).

What makes this fear problem worse is that NO Professions have a WORSE FEAR Duration than Necromancers!!! Most Necro Fears last ONE Second! Warriors can get a 3 Second Fear! And Thieves too!! Which is Ironic considering that the Thief fear is “stolen” from Necros – so WHY is the “stolen” skill 3x more powerful than the original?

Summary:

1) Necromancers are the Only Profession without Practical Stability.
2) Necromancers are the Only Profession forced to rely Heavily upon an easily cleansable/ignorable Condition [Fear] to Interrupt.
3) Necromancers have the worst fear of any profession.
4) Skyhammer & The Edge of the Mists are HELLISH locations for Necros as a result of these stated oppressions.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zombie.4197

Zombie.4197

ok, I main a necro and Skyhammer and EoTM is perfect for necromancers.
After reading through what you wrote all i got to say is no otherclass fears as much or as long as necromancer. this is a pretty pointless post, I’m going to help.

Set up your traits for increased duration.
Rare veggie pizza for increased duration
Runes increased duration.

Necros have a wide variety of fear skills:
Staff #5
Deathshroud #3
Wall of Fear
even when you are down hit 2

Do we need stability, sure who doesn’t but these maps are prime for the likes of necros.

Zombexx [RED] 80 Necromancer – NA SoS.
Necromancy is a way of life :).

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

1) Watch for your possion. :-P
2) Just dont use a single fear ;-) See also 4.
3) Learn what the other classes can / cannot do and plan your fear(s). While other have just one fear we have a lot of them.
4) While we have no stability we have various sources that can turn stability of the enemy in a condition. Do you know what condition stability becomes? Yeah it’s a fear. So dont cry, skill for fear+corruption and have fun! At least that’s what I have atm. May change when those pve players leave and stun warriors take over…. ^^

it was written…

in The Edge of the Mists

Noble.3647

@ Zombie
Why people keep suggesting to trait for Fear – Thieves do not trait for their 3s of Fear – Warrior do not trait for their 3s Fear – in BOTH cases, the THREE SECOND Fear is Part of their Skill/Professional Mechanic. It is Asinine for Necros to HAVE to trait for better fear – esp. when fear is the MAIN Interrupt that Necros have.

And I was pointing out that almost all Necro interrupts are fears, bot MOST of them are for ONE Second.

You still ignore the fact that Fear is a Condition, and it is the ONLY Interrupt that is a Condition.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

Necros remain the ONLY profession in the entire game without Practical Stability (with the exception of the one cleanse, lich #5).

so how does thief get practical stability? and dont say lyssa runes because you have that option to. you also have the option to trait for http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foot_in_the_Grave wich gives you 3 secconds of stability each time you enter DS, combined with boon duration you can have 60% stability uptime.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in The Edge of the Mists

Noble.3647

Necros remain the ONLY profession in the entire game without Practical Stability (with the exception of the one cleanse, lich #5).

so how does thief get practical stability? and dont say lyssa runes because you have that option to. you also have the option to trait for http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foot_in_the_Grave wich gives you 3 secconds of stability each time you enter DS, combined with boon duration you can have 60% stability uptime.

First, Thieves have INVISIBILITY so they do not really need Stability – as Invisibility is The Most Over-Powered effect in the game – and thieves have more stealth than anyone. Imagine Necros with Stealth. I think Thieves are the Only Profession that should have invisibility – it should be their Professional Mechanic (not the Stealing-bs); and mesmers most certainly should not have stealth as they have clones. That said, I see that you are only referencing my comment. So, Thieves have [Dagger Storm] & can exit out of it while keeping the EIGHT Seconds of Stability & doing whatever you like with it.

Again, you are talking about TRAITING for something that NO OTHER PROFESSION has to Trait for! It is asinine to trait for something that Every Profession gets just with Weapon Attacks/Skill Slots.

I am talking about The CORE of the Professions here, Weapons & Skills, NOT TRAITS which are for builds. Much the way that you do not want me to mention Lyssa Runes which would cramp YOUR Build. If you talk about traiting for a particular thing, then you are arguing that everyone in that profession should trait for that thing if they want it, and when other professions get the same benefits without traiting – it is blatantly unfair & oppressive to the profession that has to trait for it. What makes it worse is the Trait that you reference (FitG) is a GRANDMASTER Trait, so you waste a whole trait line to get it. If Traiting for a Grandmaster Stabilizing Trait were the ONLY way that ALL professions could get stability, then it would not be unfair or oppressive. But, as you describe, it is.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Guess the original poster has never heard of this utility skill “Well of Power” GG

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

It’s because they “Anet” want you to use Death Shroud.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

You’re making excuses. You can’t say “Necros remain the ONLY profession in the entire game without Practical Stability (with the exception of the one cleanse, lich #5).” and then backpedal when others point out that it’s simply not true. You have to trait for it, boohoo. It’s on demand with DS and doesn’t take up a utility slot. Compare that to warrior who has multiple stability skills but they all take up utility slots and have longish cooldowns.

Warrior fear has a 60s cooldown. Necro has multiple ways to fear and with lower cooldowns. Plus stability boon corruption is fear. Fear an enemy right off the cliff. It’s a great interrupt for this map. Also, condition or not, it can’t be cleansed with the likes of Cleansing Fire or Smite Condition because it requires a stun break.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

OP, try running well of power, if I’m not mistaken it has a stun break/stabililty or something similar (it’s been a while so sorry in advance if I’m mistaken.) Or if you are a minion master I do belive one of your minions offers it.

I play a power/wells build for my necro main and I love it on mists. Just as in sky hammer, you now have to have situational awareness when you are fighting to avoid being punted off the map. Mists is a differnt beast to the regular borderlands we are all used to playing is so it will take time and builds will be adjusted to compensate for the features the new map throws at us.

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

So we have to go 30 Soul reaping for 1 map when WvWvW you should rarely use that? Also well of power, 1 second stability on a long cooldown i do see we have many ways to gain stabilty

And no we can not go elite and then out for heal as our stability will be lost (unlike daggerstorm funnily enough).

These maps are cool and such but so far i’ve been knocked back 2 times far beyond 1200 range on places that aren’t even going down i just “bounce” untill i fall off the edge. Can’t do much against that.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

First, Thieves have INVISIBILITY so they do not really need Stability – as Invisibility is The Most Over-Powered effect in the game – and thieves have more stealth than anyone. Imagine Necros with Stealth. I think Thieves are the Only Profession that should have invisibility – it should be their Professional Mechanic (not the Stealing-bs);

I agree with this. Thieves shouldn’t be able to steal, that makes too much sense. Remove their one toolbar skill and replace it with venoms or easy to access stealths.

I bet you’re one of those necros that gets jumped by thieves and just sits there in your light armor thinking you shouldn’t have to pop your deathshroud just to soak up some backstab damage.

Also, on the new map, position yourself better so that you don’t get knocked off of bridges and what not. Even the classes that have easy access to stability won’t have it up 24/7, which means they have to worry about positioning at some point too. You’re creating a mountain out of a mole hill and you’re looking like a jerk while you do it.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Stability has always been important in WvW well before Skyhammer and EotM were released.

As far as necros having it unfair when dealing with stability, I suggest you look at what other classes have first.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Rangers and elementalists aren’t in great shape or stability either.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

“Practical Stability?” You just made that up.
An interrupt is an interrupt. Your array of Fears is far better than, say, Ele’s stupid Gust.
You’re also the only profession that has a 2nd life bar on top of an already huge life pool.
Be happy you have Fear. Most professions don’t even have it.

Now you whine about EotM as a Necro — when Necro is the one class that has the greatest ability to FEAR someone off the edge of the map.

You are one of the better classes to play EOTM with. If you aren’t able to do it — you’re doing it wrong.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Wait… are you saying that Anet designed this map to significantly favor heavy armor classes who have 3-4x the access to stability as other classes….

that can’t be right, Anet would never play favorites with Warrior and Guardian…

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Sounomi.8503

Sounomi.8503

Practical stability? Mesmers get two bursts of 2s stability through a mantra. Engineers have no stability outside of elites (which doesn’t fall into your definition of “practical”). Only heavies really have much in the way of “practical” stability.

@nekretaal: Elementalists have earth shield for decent stability.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Guess the original poster has never heard of this utility skill “Well of Power” GG

1 sec stability, 50 sec cd……

JQ Druid

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: shawshank.4906

shawshank.4906

3s of stability every 7s traited isnt ‘practical’ enough for you? Flash the DS(possibly giving you fury/retaliation/weakness on enemies) and continue doing whatever you are doing. It’s the best counter to knockdowns ever if you know your timing.
..it’s a whole other thing if you think every profession should have access to the same boons without giving up anything.
I’m also sorry you feel oppressed, must be hard playing a games that makes you feel oppressed.

Just my two cents., necro’s are going to be very strong in EOTM, Foot in the grave, multiple sources of fear and boon removal/corruption.. and most importantly fun. Just today some poor thief killed himself when he downed me and triggered Fear of Death while we were on a ledge.

(edited by shawshank.4906)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

1 sec stability, 50 sec cd……

It seems no one really knows in here about that 1 second… That stability is placed there to ensure that you can cast the kill, it’s not meant to be a resourceful source of the boon, just like the Warrior Stomp skill.

I don’t really see the complaining in here, with all the array of fears and + condi duration I’m having a blast with my necro on this map, there’s just so many ways to make someone fall (which has also happened to me >.>).

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Ok, as I’m sure other people have mentioned. Necros are fantastic here because they have all that fear, if they had more stability they’d be pretty broken.

in The Edge of the Mists

Azzer.8137

3s of stability every 7s traited isnt ‘practical’ enough for you? Flash the DS(possibly giving you fury/retaliation/weakness on enemies) and continue doing whatever you are doing. It’s the best counter to knockdowns ever if you know your timing.
..it’s a whole other thing if you think every profession should have access to the same boons without giving up anything.
I’m also sorry you feel oppressed, must be hard playing a games that makes you feel oppressed.

Just my two cents., necro’s are going to be very strong in EOTM, Foot in the grave, multiple sources of fear and boon removal/corruption.. and most importantly fun. Just today some poor thief killed himself when he downed me and triggered Fear of Death while we were on a ledge.

The fact that Soul Reaping is really bad for WvWvW just went over your head then?, Edge is for when you are queing for WvWvW and in why should we be the only to retrait if in Edge instead of the borderlands?, i don’t see it as a solution to anything and you should not either.

in The Edge of the Mists

Azzer.8137

Ok, as I’m sure other people have mentioned. Necros are fantastic here because they have all that fear, if they had more stability they’d be pretty broken.

Yeah but when they see a necro the have stability though withouth traiting 30 in a bad trait line for WvWvW. we don’t.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Yeah but when they see a necro the have stability though withouth traiting 30 in a bad trait line for WvWvW. we don’t.

Yeah that’s just a bad call, I mean, dhuumfire/terror all the way here.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: shawshank.4906

shawshank.4906

The fact that Soul Reaping is really bad for WvWvW just went over your head then?, Edge is for when you are queing for WvWvW and in why should we be the only to retrait if in Edge instead of the borderlands?, i don’t see it as a solution to anything and you should not either.

Soul reaping bad for WvW? What? Why?
Spectral armor on 50%hp is bad? More LF gain from multiple dead enemies bad? Stability on 7sec CD bad? Marks generate LF bad? Shorter spectral and DS cooldowns bad?
Are you kidding me, I’d run WvW only with Soul reaping traits if I could.

Edit: This may have come out a bit too aggressive. I’m just wondering why you think SR is a bad traitline for WvW.

(edited by shawshank.4906)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Positionning is key.
I run my ranger with no stability and/or break stuns, and my only real problem with getting pushed off the ledge on that map is longbow rangers and focus mesmers… and this too is only bad positioning on my part…
War and guard can’t push/stun me if they can’t reach me, fears can’t run me off if I don’t run from the ledge towards the center… I I don’t put myself between a ranger and the ledge, no pushed out of the map, If I stay out of focus skill, I should be safe enough…

Positioning and using dodges and evades correctly go a long way to make up for a lack of stability…

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

Anets response: “Hey this guys still playing a necro! Wow, I thought we got rid of those? Oh we didn’t? Just nerfed em into the ground? Outstanding!”

in The Edge of the Mists

Noble.3647

@Savoy.6824 “Well of Power” is a joke – for reasons stated by others here. Namely, you do not have enough time to get off a heal (much less another skill) before the stability runs out.

@Quells.2498 Death Shroud is not Stability.

@Seras.5702 Not backpedaling, just stating facts. No other profession has to TRAIT for Practical Stability. Necros should not have to either.
“It’s on demand with DS” – there you obviously do not understand how DS works. It is not “on demand” – you have to get Life Force First, and that can be very difficult (which is another topic). “Fear an enemy right off the cliff. It’s a great interrupt for this map” – One Second of fear is seldom enough fear to do that.

I bet you’re one of those necros that gets jumped by thieves and just sits there in your light armor thinking you shouldn’t have to pop your deathshroud just to soak up some backstab damage.

LOL Um, actually, if the thief does backstab as intended, you never see it coming, so you do not even have time to pop DS. But, no, DS is all we have as we have NO BLOCKS, NO EVASION, NO INVULNERABILITY, NO INVISIBILITY, so we have to use DS to stay alive.

@Ayrilana.1396 Looked at your stability page, and saw that it confirmed – I see Every other Profession there gets 4s-10s of practical stability. So I see your Stability, trump it, and raise you http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Block & /Invulnerability.

An interrupt is an interrupt.

No, Fear is the ONLY Interrupt that is a condition, so it is the ONLY interrupt that can be ignored/cleanses as such (before it even takes effect). (Diamond Skin et al.)

Be happy you have Fear. Most professions don’t even have it.

LOL Right, ALL OTHER Professions have BETTER Inerrupts, and most professions have MORE interrupts than Necros.

Mesmers get two bursts of 2s stability through a mantra.

Yeah, that makes 4s almost instantly.

Engineers have no stability outside of elites (which doesn’t fall into your definition of “practical”).

Actually it does. Elites are skills. Skills are practical. You can change them on the fly. You do not have to trait to get their benefits.
Besides “Toss Elixir B” is NOT an Elite, and it gives you FOUR Seconds of Practical Stability. Rumble’s stability seems about as useless as “Well of Power” though.

3s of stability every 7s traited isnt ‘practical’ enough for you?

DS is every 10 seconds, assuming you have the LF to use it. And, AGAIN, it is UNFAIR to force ONE Profession to trait for stability & not force others to do the same.

@Azzer.8137 I am not saying Soul Reaping is bad, I am just saying that Necros should not HAVE to Trait for Practical Stability when no other profession has to do that. Now, if FitG were an Adept (or better yet, at the 5 level) I would not be complaining so much. I could spare 5-10 to get stability, though it would still be unfair, it would not be unreasonable. To require us to get a Grandmaster Trait IS UNREASONABLE.

To all of you talking about better positioning, some of the bridges & isles are very narrow, not to mention many professions have Interrupts that Pull your foe – so that makes it harder to gain a position.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

First Skyhammer & now The Edge of the Mists – in both of those maps, you really Need Practical Stability to do well. Yet Anet (in its finite wisdom) has kept Necromancers from having Practical Stability. [Practical Stability being stability where you can also Heal, use Condition Removal, use Skills, etc.] Necros remain the ONLY profession in the entire game without Practical Stability (with the exception of the one cleanse, lich #5).
So, thank you Anet for making a whole map just to screw with Necros.

And, while I am on the Need for Stability – WHY are Necros the ONLY Profession with almost all of its interrupts being Fear??
Fear is not bad, Except for the fact that it is a CONDITION – the ONLY Interrupt that is a condition! And thus Fear is the ONLY interrupt that can be Cleansed/Gotten Rid of INSTANTLY! In fact, Fear is the ONLY Interrupt that can be ignored completely (not counting blocks) by some professions (e.g. Warrior with Shrug It Off [Tactics VII], Elementalist Diamond Skin, etc.).

What makes this fear problem worse is that NO Professions have a WORSE FEAR Duration than Necromancers!!! Most Necro Fears last ONE Second! Warriors can get a 3 Second Fear! And Thieves too!! Which is Ironic considering that the Thief fear is “stolen” from Necros – so WHY is the “stolen” skill 3x more powerful than the original?

Summary:

1) Necromancers are the Only Profession without Practical Stability.
2) Necromancers are the Only Profession forced to rely Heavily upon an easily cleansable/ignorable Condition [Fear] to Interrupt.
3) Necromancers have the worst fear of any profession.
4) Skyhammer & The Edge of the Mists are HELLISH locations for Necros as a result of these stated oppressions.

NOOOOO !!! LOL Leave it the way it is, it’s so much fun !!! Just don’t walk around ledges lol

Are you Shpongled?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

I’ll go ahead and tell you now that advocating for fair treatment of necros is good way to get yourself banned on these forums. That being said, I think stability itself needs to be removed from the game completely. It’s a crutch for lazy players and isn’t fairly or evenly distributed enough to all classes to warrant its use. All we should have are stun breaks. I’ve said this a thousand times, and I’ll say it a thousand more; immunities of any kind that require no more skill than to smash a single button should never be implemented. They do nothing more than create imbalance and lend to exploits, favoritism of classes, and sloppy/lazy gameplay. Oh and whoever said engis dont have reliable stability, you might want to read over engi skills and traits again.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

To all of you talking about better positioning, some of the bridges & isles are very narrow, not to mention many professions have Interrupts that Pull your foe – so that makes it harder to gain a position.

Do not fight there. That’s the positioning they are talking about.
The only areas that are dangerous are the bridges in the lower middle of the map. Everywhere else you can get to safety.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Fear doesn’t interrupt, it fears. yet on interrupt action.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Thayel.1236

Thayel.1236

I main an Engi in WvW, and while we do have some access to stability I never run with it. I rely on others to give it to me and do alright for the most part. That being said, the only times I have gone off a cliff in EotM was either because I threw myself off because I wasn’t paying attention to my location, or some necro feared me. Oh and there was that one mesmer that I got kitteny with and we shot each other off the edge. I got his loot bag at the respawn and he probably got mine too. (btw it was a good 3 minutes of us both trying to fling each other off the edge but we were both too good not to go over… until we both made a critical oops.) My own necro will hit 80 next time I play him and I can’t wait to get him into EotM. Fear city baby! It is very easy to not go over a cliff. Just pay attention to your location.

in The Edge of the Mists

Ayrilana.1396

I’ll go ahead and tell you now that advocating for fair treatment of necros is good way to get yourself banned on these forums. That being said, I think stability itself needs to be removed from the game completely. It’s a crutch for lazy players and isn’t fairly or evenly distributed enough to all classes to warrant its use. All we should have are stun breaks. I’ve said this a thousand times, and I’ll say it a thousand more; immunities of any kind that require no more skill than to smash a single button should never be implemented. They do nothing more than create imbalance and lend to exploits, favoritism of classes, and sloppy/lazy gameplay. Oh and whoever said engis dont have reliable stability, you might want to read over engi skills and traits again.

With that said, the following need to be removed as well since they’re not evenly distributed between classes.

• Fear/Terror
  • Stealth
  • Blink
  • Signets with 25% run speed
  • Knockdown skills
  • Daze skills
  • Invulnerable skills

There’s probably plenty more by just going with your criteria.

in The Edge of the Mists

Druss.6917

With that said, the following need to be removed as well since they’re not evenly distributed between classes.

• Fear/Terror
  • Stealth
  • Blink
  • Knockdown skills
  • Daze skills
  • Invulnerable skills

I’m fine with that, although other than the invulnerabilities, none of those constitute as “immunities” so you’re kinda shooting yourself in the foot on that one. I never said anything about CC skills, and stealth is a class mechanic for thieves, so it’s not really what I’m talking about either (I refuse to believe ‘steal’ is their class mechanic when it sucks so bad and stealth is so crucial to so many of their builds- but that’s another topic entirely). The main point is, and none of your argument addresses this at all, is that so much content is designed around needing ample amounts of stability- and yet only a handful of classes (and usually the most op ones) have access to that. Go run around this map on any class that normally can upkeep stab a large amount of time like warrior or guard, except without bringing stab, blocks, invulnerabilities, and tell me how that feels. Because that’s how it is for necros except we have no say in the matter.

(edited by Druss.6917)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

Um, necros can have 3 sec of stabo every 6 sec with unlimited uses.

WvW Necro

(edited by Thustlewhumber.7416)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Hi, I’m a Thief. What is Stability? :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in The Edge of the Mists

Ayrilana.1396

• Fear/Terror
  • Stealth
  • Blink
  • Knockdown skills
  • Daze skills
  • Invulnerable skills

I’m fine with that, although other than the invulnerabilities, none of those constitute as “immunities” so you’re kinda shooting yourself in the foot on that one. I never said anything about CC skills, and stealth is a class mechanic for thieves, so it’s not really what I’m talking about either (I refuse to believe ‘steal’ is their class mechanic when it sucks so bad and stealth is so crucial to so many of their builds- but that’s another topic entirely). The main point is, and none of your argument addresses this at all, is that so much content is designed around needing ample amounts of stability- and yet only a handful of classes (and usually the most op ones) have access to that. Go run around this map on any class that normally can upkeep stab a large amount of time like warrior or guard, except without bringing stab, blocks, invulnerabilities, and tell me how that feels. Because that’s how it is for necros except we have no say in the matter.

The point was that many classes have specialties and some utility skills will not be evenly distributed. Whether or not it’s an immunity is irrelevant. I also point that you should take a look at all classes to see which have access to stability.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stability

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stun_break

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in The Edge of the Mists

Druss.6917

Um, necros can have 3 sec of stabo every 6 sec with unlimited uses.

Not true, while it may be off cooldown when fully traited with reduced DS cd there’s no way you’ll be able to keep up enough LF to do it every 6 seconds on demand, and if you’re flashing DS that much, woe to you because that means you’ll rarely have access to your heals when needed thanks to the skill-lockout bug when exiting DS

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

But the original claim that Necro’s are the only ones who lack easy access to stability has been properly debunked.

Thieves dont have any, unless they steal from a Mesmer
Engineers have an Elixir, but they need to throw the elixir as a ground targeted ability with a cast time.
Rangers have to trait or pop an Elite.

Necro having to trait or pop an elite doesnt put them in an unusual disadvantage compared to all the other professions. Its more that 2 professions are exceptional outliers.

in The Edge of the Mists

Noble.3647

But the original claim that Necro’s are the only ones who lack easy access to stability has been properly debunked.

WRONG!!!

1)

Thieves have [Dagger Storm] & can exit out of it while keeping [at least] EIGHT Seconds of Stability & doing whatever you like with [stability].

That 8+s of Stability is Real, Practical Stability. And, as you say, they can steal 3s from Mesmers.

2)

Engineers have an Elixir

That stability lasts at least 4s.

but they need to throw the elixir as a ground targeted ability with a cast time.

O_o
Did you actually say that the fact that you have to use a professional mechanic skill for the skill to work means that you should not count that as a skill?

3)

Rangers have to trait or pop an Elite.

Yes, at that Elite (RaO) gives them 20+s of Real, Practical Stability – during which they can do anything, use any available skill, heal, whatever. I did not know about the traiting option, and would not count it if I did.

Necro having to trait or pop an elite doesnt put them in an unusual disadvantage compared to all the other professions.

Yes, yes actually it does. Name ONE OTHER Profession that HAS to TRAIT for Stability* to get Real, Practical Stability*! (*Stability that will allow you to use your Heal &/or other Skills & Attacks WHILE KEEPING STABILITY.) You cannot – because ALL OTHER PROFESSIONS GET STABILITY FROM SKILLS/Attacks.

And, again, for the gazillionth time, the 2 Necro Elites do not gives REAL, PRACTICAL STABILITY!!! Look at
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lich_Form
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plague
Notice, there is NO Stability Icon with either of those skills.
Why?
Because you do not get Real Stability with either of those skills. You are limited to just a few attacks with those elites and you get NO access to Any Skills (not even #6 Heal). All other professions can still access & use Skills ([Heal] & Weapon Attacks) while keeping stability.

Necromancers are the ONLY Profession without access to Real, Practical Stability.

It seems I broke the quotes feature. So to clarify, they all come from this thread.
Quote #1) Was stated by me previously. [Noble.3647]
All Quotes in #2) & #3) are from Terrahero.9358.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Did I just read that soul reaping is a bad trait line, and a bad trait line for PvP/WvW???

LOLLLLL!!!! Wow, my mind is blown, holy PvE players batman.

Foot in the grave, nuff said, it is one of the most reliable sources of stability in the game, right behind Last Stand.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

EotM actually seems like it was made for necros to me. I’ve been having a blast there with mine anyway. Fearing all the PvE invaders off of cliffs haha. Just don’t be a fool and stand near the edge like they do. I have yet to be knocked off the edge by anyone on that map while on my necro. You really don’t need stability there at all. Yes i would like a utility skill that gives me some stability for when i’m dealing with stun spam happy hammer warriors, i can think of a few useless ones i wouldn’t mind being changed for that very purpose. Spectral armor seems like a good one for that. My point is, you really don’t need stability on that map, just need to be aware of your surroundings. And i gotta agree with the guy above me. i don’t need to say any more than that, he hit the nail right on the head.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)