A different ending

A different ending

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

So.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/20w3zg/spoilers_how_the_living_story_ending_was_changed/

If we’re to believe this the original ending to the LS season 1 would be different but changes were made. Seems the talk would be more serious, at least the threat awareness? Also, Scarlet would explain everything. Why oh why did you make Braham stop her from telling us the entire plot? Argh.

A different ending

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Didn’t look like Scarlet explained anything there either.
Yeah, I like the current one better than that one, and wouldn’t of liked them killing off Jory. I think it’s also more interesting not mentioning Mord in the bar convo directly like that and being a little more secretive.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

A different ending

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

If they changed it kind of last minute it explains why some of the dialogue feels a bit forced.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

A different ending

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Scarlet must have explained something, otherwise the heroes wouldn’t know the name Mordremoth.

A different ending

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Would’ve preferred this ending.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

A different ending

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Didn’t look like Scarlet explained anything there either.
Yeah, I like the current one better than that one, and wouldn’t of liked them killing off Jory. I think it’s also more interesting not mentioning Mord in the bar convo directly like that and being a little more secretive.

Same here. I like the idea of them not mentioning the actual name of the dragon.

We do know it’s mordremoth mainly because of the name of one of the attacks in CoE, but they don’t really have no way to know that. I like the fact that all they know is that after the drill hit the leylines, a dragon cry was heard in the distance.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

A different ending

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

First. Never trust datamined stuff second, if this was the original ending than it was changed because some people just leaked datamined stuff of this a few weeks ago.

A different ending

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I think it’s good Scarlet didn’t get to explain. I think it’s good that there are so many unanswered questions. Life doesn’t answer all our questions. Also, all these questions give us something to talk about.

A different ending

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Directly referencing Mordy aside, I think I would have enjoyed that one better. After all the crap Scarlet put us through I felt it very anti climactic for her to limp away and be in a downed state when I got to her. If that’s all it took I should have been able to defeat her back during the Jubilee. Getting the chance to actually get in a fight with her with Kasmeer and having a character die would have been better. All the dialogue made a lot more sense too.

Having Braham explain things to Taimi seemed a little backwards, though. I much preferred Rox’s attitude toward the legions, being a gladium and Rytlock in that one, though. This whole, Rytlock could kill me, blah blah blah, that we actually got was dumb and a very poor representation of the character.

They made a big fuss about being willing to kill a character if it would work, but then when they had the opportunity to do just that they waffled and didn’t do it. That’s not impressive.

I think it’s good Scarlet didn’t get to explain. I think it’s good that there are so many unanswered questions. Life doesn’t answer all our questions. Also, all these questions give us something to talk about.

They also said, though, that they were going to sum the whole thing up, which means answering the big questions. They didn’t do that, which was uncool.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

A different ending

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

A different ending

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

Well the good news is that they can’t use the “romantic interest might be dead but really isn’t” cliche in the next season. They’ve spent that nickel. That said, I hope no one dies.

A different ending

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I liked the old end better. Kasmeer is more annoying than Scarlet.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

A different ending

Posted by: Justice.3608

Justice.3608

Really hope all of them die. None of these characters are remotely as interesting as the GW1 heroes, i.e. Mhenlo, Livia, Koss, Kormir, Jora, the list goes on.

A different ending

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Directly referencing Mordy aside, I think I would have enjoyed that one better. After all the crap Scarlet put us through I felt it very anti climactic for her to limp away and be in a downed state when I got to her. If that’s all it took I should have been able to defeat her back during the Jubilee. Getting the chance to actually get in a fight with her with Kasmeer and having a character die would have been better. All the dialogue made a lot more sense too.

Having Braham explain things to Taimi seemed a little backwards, though. I much preferred Rox’s attitude toward the legions, being a gladium and Rytlock in that one, though. This whole, Rytlock could kill me, blah blah blah, that we actually got was dumb and a very poor representation of the character.

They made a big fuss about being willing to kill a character if it would work, but then when they had the opportunity to do just that they waffled and didn’t do it. That’s not impressive.

They also said, though, that they were going to sum the whole thing up, which means answering the big questions. They didn’t do that, which was uncool.

TBH, the players doesn’t like/know these character enough for them to have an impact yet.

Taimi is the only one where nearly everyone likes. However it is way too early to kill her off.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

A different ending

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Wow Rox just said everything I knew before it went on paper between the choice of choosing Braham or Rhytlock’s Warband. Now that it is out on this soundfile I might as well spill it and I am pretty sure most knew it anyway.

The foreshadowing of Rox story is that this was her test to find her own warband on her adventures. Pretty much what Rhytlock did during his adventure days with Destiny Edge.

As for the alternate true ending I am glad it did not go that route. I am not a fan of Majory but I’ve gotten attached to her being as one of the core members of the living story.

Really hope all of them die. None of these characters are remotely as interesting as the GW1 heroes, i.e. Mhenlo, Livia, Koss, Kormir, Jora, the list goes on.

LOL sorry you feel that way about them, but noo I happen to like them..except Kasmeer.

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

A different ending

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Well…interesting. The sound file anyway.

From the text, the Invasive Weed really didn’t explain anything, so meh.

Also, killing off Marjory wouldn’t have made a better ending to me.

It would’ve just given the message “Oh, we’ll just kill these characters off as they become interesting, just like in the Personal Story!”, thus making me not care about them at all anymore. If you’re going to do that, just kill them all, save me the trouble of guessing who’ll be next.

If anything, Rox choosing them over the warband was a nice bit, as well as Kasmeer going out of Divinity’s Reach more, but other than that, the alternate ending still seems worse.

Also, while it’s nice to know the dragon is/was meant to be Mordremoth, where did Braham get the name from?

A different ending

Brutalistik.6473

Also, while it’s nice to know the dragon is/was meant to be Mordremoth, where did Braham get the name from?

I’ll assume it was us the players.

Pineapples

A different ending

Nilkemia.8507

I’ll assume it was us the players.

Good point…though, as the name was just from one attack name used by Subject Alpha, it’d be a bit odd to explain in-game where we (the players) would’ve found that info, although I guess we could’ve just said “We found a data terminal in the Crucible of Eternity referencing the name Mordremoth, connecting it to summoned husks and Nightmare hounds we fought in there.”

A different ending

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

ANET!!!! WHY?!! Jory could have been dead?! THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING!

That clip would have made the BEST ending.. why did you do this to us…. We could have ice cream but you gave us fish heads! Ugh!

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

A different ending

Nilkemia.8507

Mind explaining how? Might as well kill them all off then, as I mentioned.

Feel free to revisit the Personal Story where every character with potential dies/disappears 3 to 5 story missions after being introduced….oh wait.

A different ending

bokkieskitten.8023

Feel free to revisit the Personal Story where every character with potential dies/disappears 3 to 5 story missions after being introduced….oh wait.

Because I want to see Kas ripped apart emotionally, crying miserably for the love of her life. I want her crawling on the ground, sobbing uncontrollably.

And sure, let’s kill them all off. I do so enjoy the blood.

(Jory is not interesting or deep in anyway. I actually REALLY hate her. Such a stain on the necro profession… JUST LIKE TREEMAN)

EDIT:
Mister Buns Adds: Would have been so much more engaging and a better story overall.

(edited by bokkieskitten.8023)

A different ending

Brutalistik.6473

Because I want to see Kas ripped apart emotionally, crying miserably for the love of her life. I want her crawling on the ground, sobbing uncontrollably.

(Jory is not interesting or deep in anyway. I actually REALLY hate her. Such a stain on the necro profession… JUST LIKE TREEMAN)

EDIT:
Mister Buns Adds: Would have been so much more engaging and a better story overall.

That vision sucks I don’t see anything engaging about it.

Pineapples

A different ending

bokkieskitten.8023

EDIT:

That vision sucks I don’t see anything engaging about it.

Seeing her in great emotional agony sucks? My necro would have loved it! I rather enjoy entertaining the idea of it too. Oh well!

A different ending

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I am very happy Jory survived. She still needs to complete her investigation about Mendel

A different ending

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Marjory being killed would have been a minor saving grace so of course they scrapped the idea.

Not only is the Marjory + Kasmeer “relationship” completely contrived, but Marjory is arguably the weakest written character out of all of them — and I only say that because Kasmeer seemed like she could have been interesting back in her Southsun days before they dumbed her down to being ’Jory’s trophy girlfriend.

A different ending

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Argh, this would’ve been way better! Instead we got the mother of all cheesy endings and bad jokes.

A different ending

OmaiGodman.2098

I like the current ending because I didn’t want anyone to die, but I must say the dialogue for the original ending seems more well-written than the one we currently get at Dead End’s bar. It really feels like they changed it kind of last minute and had to write the new dialogue the morning the voice actors would come over to record their lines.

It’s a shame if that’s what happened but again, I’m still happy everyone lives.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

A different ending

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

All I can think of is, when do the devs learn not to put assets in a client datafile before the events actually happen?

They could save themselves so much trouble. Bandwidth issues? Oh come on this is 2014.

One – Piken Square

A different ending

Kal Spiro.9745

Now I’m even more disappointed that we didn’t get this one because it would have shut down the detective agency, which makes sense, and grouped them up as a proper guild instead of whatever they are right now.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

A different ending

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

This ending is more serious and more though through.
Character death would have aided greatly in feeling like something is at stake here, it would have added a feeling of dread and urgency. What do we have instead? NPC’s pub time “celebration” after we ultimately failed. Yes, failed. We killed Scarlet but did we actually achieve anything by it? Nope. Breachmaker went through, people died, LA was destroyed, a dragon woke, and due to the simpleton Bro-ham, we engaged Scarlet before she revealed her plan / plot points that are much needed.

Braham’s anger in that audio adds some character depth to him, much much much more than “uh-huh uh-huh”. It also suggests he had a reason to be absent from the fight. What is a broken leg to a hero? How many times did our characters get Cripple condi?!
Marjory truly dying is more logical than Rox saving her deus ex machina, without actually acknowledging she’s down in the earlier scene.
While Jory is a rarely interesting NPC, and I’d miss her in DE 2.0, her death would have given a lot of cause, both to us and other NPCs.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

A different ending

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

TBH, the players doesn’t like/know these character enough for them to have an impact yet.

Taimi is the only one where nearly everyone likes. However it is way too early to kill her off.

Personally, I’m glad that Marjory wasn’t killed off. I already have an attachment to the characters, and just listening to the alternative audio made me sad.

They also have a lot of unexplored territory that ANet can further explore story wise. Marjory is the only person to have physical contact with E. There’s the unresolved issue of the ghost boy, and she could potentially be the character to help remove a minister (likely Caudecus) from his position.

Would the alternate ending have made for a better one? Who knows. With the current one, there’s an air of anger (of Sylvari/Scarlet), loss (of loved ones in LA), but a spark of hope (we survived, and won, albeit the waking of a dragon). I get enough despair from Game of Thrones (in fact, I don’t even care much about them anymore, because he’s killed off so many). As much as character death can compel, it can create disinterest as well.

Some people were speculating that one of the current characters would die, myself included (I was betting on Kas or Jory). It was mimicking the original Destiny’s Edge too closely. Two of the same race, and one bites the dust. One character couldn’t be there for the battle (Braham/Logan). At least with this, they’re mildly different.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

(edited by Sera.6539)

A different ending

OmaiGodman.2098

Some people were speculating that one of the current characters would die, myself included (I was betting on Kas or Jory). It was mimicking the original Destiny’s Edge too closely. Two of the same race, and one bites the dust. One character couldn’t be there for the battle (Braham/Logan). At least with this, they’re mildly different.

On the other hand, a character dying was the reason DE split up, while in this case it would have been the thing that brings them together.

And who knows? Maybe they’re just saving the character death for the start of Season 2. Anything can happen.

A different ending

Kal Spiro.9745

On the other hand, a character dying was the reason DE split up, while in this case it would have been the thing that brings them together.

And who knows? Maybe they’re just saving the character death for the start of Season 2. Anything can happen.

By this point if a character is going to die it will be the hastily introduced sister, not Jory herself.