Awesome.

Awesome.

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: urbancat.5903

urbancat.5903

I didn’t expect to find LA in ruins, I mean , I hoped we would get a true aftermath of the battle , but this exceed my expectations, is awesome, I feel like my character really lived through a huge battle, now she stand silent looking over the ruined city, the pieces of the airship blast embedded in the ground, the huge hole where the drill cracked the earth..

Awesome, incredible, I love it. Good job!

Awesome.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

The visuals are great, but I hate the new vistas. They are much worse to get to than the original ones.

Awesome.

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Yeah, I did the bar story bit and thought, Well that was cool, I like these characters and we went through something together. But then I went back to LA, and… wow. I’m really impressed by the detail in how much has changed, and it feels like something enormous just happened. I know there are a lot of valid criticisms of this living story season one, but I’m really impressed by how it all ended up.

Awesome.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

but its empty

its just an empty map of nothing

Awesome.

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

but its empty

its just an empty map of nothing

They’ve changed the landscape, the way you can (and can’t) walk around the place and get the vistas, destroyed a lot of buildings and bridges and added the remains of the Breachmaker. A few new caves and things that used to be solid. There are quite a few NPCs that talk about what happened and how they’re coping. There are a couple of places with boards for notices saying who died and who’s missing, including one that thanks you specifically for killing Scarlet.

Awesome.

Posted by: urbancat.5903

urbancat.5903

Well I don’t know how to put it, but usually MMOs are pretty static places, some in the past did something similar, but this is the first time I was fully involved in something that really change an important location. And as silly at it sounds, I do feel now Lion’s Arch is a bit more “Mine” than it was before. Before it was a cool city in a cool game, now it is slightly more personal, I have seen it burning through the eyes of my character, we went around seeking refugees and helping them escape, then we battled in it, then now we can see it lay in ruins after the aftermath .

I know it does sound silly, but it make the place more alive for me, more “Real” and if the scars of the battles will show in a new Lion Arch, or if it remain in ruins, I can really say that the Living Story is very.. alive.

Awesome.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Well I don’t know how to put it, but usually MMOs are pretty static places, some in the past did something similar, but this is the first time I was fully involved in something that really change an important location. And as silly at it sounds, I do feel now Lion’s Arch is a bit more “Mine” than it was before. Before it was a cool city in a cool game, now it is slightly more personal, I have seen it burning through the eyes of my character, we went around seeking refugees and helping them escape, then we battled in it, then now we can see it lay in ruins after the aftermath .

I know it does sound silly, but it make the place more alive for me, more “Real” and if the scars of the battles will show in a new Lion Arch, or if it remain in ruins, I can really say that the Living Story is very.. alive.

I don’t think it’s silly. In fact, I think you’ve brought up an important point.

Awesome.

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

i like it, rolled out a new alt to explore and sight see all the areas. A nice Post Apocalyptic relexation spa. No sounds of war, no endless battles, just the sound of the wind, relaxing music and a mad maxian scenery. We will have enough jungle warfare coming to us in the near future.