Epic Emotion in Lions Arc

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

Crude scrawls fill the paper. “I can’t find my mommy or daddy.”

RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

T___T

I started crying when I read that one. It feels worse when you realise you couldn’t save everyone in LA, and that maybe that child’s parents were among the ones you couldn’t save.

I’m not gonna lie, I had a strong urge to cry when I read it.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

The Lions Arch I loved was destroyed long ago, I never really liked the pirate themed mess that was parked on top of Lions Arch, to be honest I am glad to see it gone.

I might miss a couple of the ambient NPC’s and their idle chatter, though they will probably all come back when the place is rebuilt so I am not too sad about it. I am not heartless, I just had nothing that made me feel attached to the place or the people.

I do have a few places I would miss if they got destroyed, but I am not going to mention them in case Arena Net get some bad ideas.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Kima (My Main) have learned from history and stayed out of LA. Its a city likely to be a target. Mostly she’s doing her crafting, bank and buy/Selling in Black Citadel. Now and then she have visited LA to use the mystic forge and mingle around with some ppl she knows there… She knew it was a dangerous place. It has never been her home, and never will be.

The attack came….

She had figured it would come sonner or later. (if a single race had taken on the city earler, such as her own (Charr), why cannot an entire army of several Alliances do so lead by a Crazed Sylvari….?! She wasn’t there when the first hit came. When she Heard of the news she hurried there to help get the survivors out. After all – she have many good friends who call LA their home. Luckily her own mother and father are hidden in the Woods far North, away from all danger…. Her other 3 siblings are helping the citicens alongside her…. None of them lived in LA either.

After…

The city is in ruins and many have lost their lives… The silence, the ruins… so empty… the massive pieces of the giant drill that disturbed the ley-line.
What will become of this Place when it has suffered yet Another expected attack… Will the former inhabitants be stubborn enough to move in there yet once more, only to wait for the next attack?

Kima & Co

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I’m the only one and I walk Lions Arch alone..

Posted by: tributepandus.6304

tributepandus.6304

After going through LA, it was moving on all accounts….the walls naming the missing and dead, the wall saying you’re a hero, but still feeling like it was a total defeat. I finally felt completely helpless in Lion’s Arch when I saw the looters running around, and I couldn’t arrest them nor stop them; as well as hearing the people blame all Sylvari for Scarlett’s crimes (even though she was being used as a pawn too). The only light that made me smile was finding the little Human girl and Charr cub who played together behind the bank alive and well…Lion’s Arch will rise again!

The best rifleman comes not from raising the rifle out of fear, but pulling the trigger despite it.

Posted by: medusa.3091

medusa.3091

I haven’t played the game much since the demise of Scarlet. I have logged on in Lion’s Arch a couple of times, felt kinda hopeless really, my favourite place in the game has gone. Tried working on a couple of my alts but it was hard to raise the enthusiasm. Please give us some reasons to be cheerful.

Norn Ranger Tamarn

Posted by: pzyonix.1645

pzyonix.1645

I have been wandering around fallen LA, I did not like the area… Which in this case is a GOOD thing. LA is a right in the feels depressing area to be in right now. You just don’t want to see it, don’t want to gaze at the destruction.

As a Lore junkie, I’ll keep my eyes on LA. What will become of it?
Rebuild? Settled by yet unknown wildlife or the Tengu? Consortium involvement?
Are we (by LS) actively involved in whatever is going to happen?
I am really excited!

A walk in fallen LA makes me look forward to whatever changes it will get.

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

I keep thinking about the two Skritt talking to each other about going into the sewers. I hope they survived.

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

They prolly used aquabreathers to stay alive in the sewage while the Miasma cleared out Stay hopeful!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if something as small makes you cry a bit then the part that gandalf the grey fell would make you cry for hours…….and i didn’t.
call me insensitive but i have played games with emotions that would make you shake out of sadness, some moved me but only to a certain point (and i hate it when i look at game cinematic and my mind starts to work as an over critical game designer, it sucks the fun out of it >_<)

Posted by: Ra Ra.9423

Ra Ra.9423

I also wandered shattered LA. First going to my favorite spot, the underwater ruins of Old LA, where many times I’d swim around – looking at those remnants of a city that was ‘home’ in GW1 for so many years. Each time feeling nostalgic, and remembering all the fun times there…. 250 years ago. Now it is no more, so little of it left. I’ll never feel the same wonder, and mourn the loss of that visible tie to GW history and lore.

Ra ~ Asuran Gaters[ZPM]- Darkhaven
You only live once. But once is enough, if you do it right! …. Mae West

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I also wandered shattered LA. First going to my favorite spot, the underwater ruins of Old LA, where many times I’d swim around – looking at those remnants of a city that was ‘home’ in GW1 for so many years. Each time feeling nostalgic, and remembering all the fun times there…. 250 years ago. Now it is no more, so little of it left. I’ll never feel the same wonder, and mourn the loss of that visible tie to GW history and lore.

Why do people keep saying old LA is gone? It’s right where it always was (except there’s a bit of breachmaker on top of it that you can still swim under).

Someone should start OOLAPS: Old-Old-Lion’s-Arch-Preservation-Society and raise gold to clear the debris and preserve this bit of Krytan history

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I keep thinking about the two Skritt talking to each other about going into the sewers. I hope they survived.

They were in the sewers (hopefully) so maybe. Seemed rather untouched in there by the battle.

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Why do people keep saying old LA is gone? It’s right where it always was (except there’s a bit of breachmaker on top of it that you can still swim under).

Someone should start OOLAPS: Old-Old-Lion’s-Arch-Preservation-Society and raise gold to clear the debris and preserve this bit of Krytan history

Part of me was crushed when I saw that even the foundations of the old Lighthouse are now wiped form existence. I have pictures of my BWE characters in front of that Lighthouse…

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Playing it internally, we’re all paying more attention to taking notes, writing up bugs, and whatnot. When I first hit this on my personal play account, on my home server, I stood around…and as you all say…was overwhelmed right in the feels. I love working with this team!

Dude, having something as work and hobby at the same time would kill me.
If I were working for GW2 I’d go bearing or fish hunting in my off hours. Atleast that’s what I imagine is a proper pacific northwest pastime.