Evon Please kitten

Evon Please kitten

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I mean, get over it already. I couldn’t understand how anyone could support this greedy, self-centred kitten. Kiel may be somewhat inept but I’d rather have her ineptitude over Kiel’s whiny attitude any day.

Note: By the way the third word in the title was meant to be a four-letter acronym implying that he should keep his mouth shut.

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Doesn’t help that this happens in Lion’s Arch. Good thing the Vigil gave him the whole ultimatum.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

The thing I find the most strange about everyone saying Evon should get over things and that he is complaining to much is that they are pretty much ignoring the fact that the Lionguard (Kiel in particular) have given him an ultimatum to give up his property to them or they will kill him.

I’m pretty sure most of the people saying these things would have a problem with it to if they were in Evon’s position there.

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: DHBM.7652

DHBM.7652

Kiel may be somewhat inept but I’d rather have her ineptitude over Kiel’s whiny attitude any day

… what?

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Kiel may be somewhat inept but I’d rather have her ineptitude over Kiel’s whiny attitude any day.

…….Wut?

Also, people seem to be missing the fact that Evon is being given the choice to either follow their rules to the letter……or die.

Not held in custody till he can be put on trial or something when this all over.

Just die.

Let’s be frank here, neither of them smell like roses right now.

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The thing I find the most strange about everyone saying Evon should get over things and that he is complaining to much is that they are pretty much ignoring the fact that the Lionguard (Kiel in particular) have given him an ultimatum to give up his property to them or they will kill him.

I’m pretty sure most of the people saying these things would have a problem with it to if they were in Evon’s position there.

Except what he did in Lion’s Arch during the evacuation (shutting an active gate that refugees could escape through IN THEIR FACES) and the fact that he even SUGGESTED that he abandon people in need really tell us he deserves it. Hell, I’m surprised the Vigil didn’t arrest him and pull out a list of crimes on him right there, and tell him he’d be executed on the spot unless he becomes a Quartermaster in the Vigil for the next amount of years as his “community service” to get rid of his outstanding warrant.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Kiel may be somewhat inept but I’d rather have her ineptitude over Kiel’s whiny attitude any day.

You are right Kiel is inept and Kiel does have a whiny attitude, though I still would not pick Kiel over Kiel.

So, your topic seems to be made specifically to pick a fight, I am not sure where I should oblige or just report it.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Doesn’t help that this happens in Lion’s Arch. Good thing the Vigil gave him the whole ultimatum.

Lionguard* actually, but thank you for posting that.

Such a great guy, ditches citizens and a captain of the council purely to save his merchandise and nothing else.

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The more I’ve gotten into this the more I’ve been actually disappointed by how Evon, Kiel, and the Captains’ Council have all acted.

Their actions have been … well … stupid. Idiotic and painfully out of character for the people they’re supposed to be. In short, they’ve started to act like Scarlet.

I don’t know why I’m surprised, really. I mean, with Scarlet not really saying or doing anything directly in this update, SOMEONE had to act completely at odds to their character, right? We really should have expected it.

It’s just that these were some of the more interesting characters in the story, to me. Especally Evon and Kiel. That really should have been all the warning I needed that the writing team was going to give them “special” attention.

I’m done with the threads and discussions on which ones of them are the good guys, and the bad guys, and why they’re all acting like this. It’s all just bad writing, and I should know better than to expect anything else from the Living Story.

I once stopped reading a book series because every time the author shifted focus to a character and made them matter to the reader, they then killed that character off just as soon as you really cared about them. This is worse.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Yeah across the board incompetence and selfishness in Lion’s Arch with this story.

• Evon has been warning for weeks that this attack was going to happen. Everyone, including Shodd and Kiel, ignored him. If Evon had his way, the attack on Lion’s Arch could have turned out dramatically different and less lives would have been lost (Lion’s Arch may have even been saved). If nothing else, why didn’t Evon have some kind of preparations made for himself and his business? I suspect he moved many of his assets to other banks but why didn’t he hire mercenaries to protect his investment in Lion’s Arch?
  • The Captain’s Council was warned by Kiel that the attack was coming. They ignored her despite all the evidence from EotM living story let alone the freaking map in Scarlet’s lair that pinpoints Lion’s Arch. This isn’t believable to me (no Council should be that stupid) and it becomes particularly annoying to see Shodd having a go at Evon when she and the rest of the Council kittened up.
  • It was lame that Evon took yaks through the gate before refugees. I’ve never liked the way Evon is just the flat out villain in the way he’s written and I’m sad to see it return here. How is he even able to turn off the gate?
  • Evon hoping Kiel died and his political jab at Magnus the “Bloodyhanded” was in poor taste. It’s difficult to support a character (remember the election was close, a lot of players actually like Evon) when they say things like this. I didn’t like how much like politics the election was written (politics isn’t fun imo) and this showcased the worst of politics – point scoring at the expense of serious issues (it also doesn’t make sense when Evon has a better platform to score points from if he reminds people he warned of the attack first). I want more grey in the story’s moral shades but they seem to insist on either making characters white or black.
  • Kiel was warned of the attack prior to it happening and she had some time to prepare. I don’t recall seeing her in Lion’s Arch nor do I see signs of her trying to evacuate refugees ahead of time or set up defences. During the attack Lion’s Arch looks like it’s going about a normal day. What exactly did Kiel do with the forewarning?
  • Why do Seraph and Lionguard have jurisdiction in Vigil Keep? Conscripting Evon and hunting down Healer-Tron (did they really have nothing better to do?).
  • On top of all that, Marjory, Rox, Braham and Kasmeer (I didn’t see Taimi) all take the NPC spotlight (shared with Magnus) for the city’s defense and evacuation. Why not Kiel, Turma, Mira or the other Lionguard? The three Orders have a “red shirt” presence but few or no named NPCs (despite each Order having a base of operations in Lion’s Arch). This is the defense of Lion’s Arch but the role of Lion’s Arch natives and protectors seems to have been ditched or minimised for the new characters.

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Also, people seem to be missing the fact that Evon is being given the choice to either follow their rules to the letter……or die.

The guy has made his livelihood by putting money over human lives and every loyalty he has ever held. Sounds like justice to me.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Note that the Lionguard conscripting Evon didn’t say anything about the threat until Evon said, “What if I just leave? Huh?” More than likely she was instructed to only pull that card if Evon proved to be uncooperative.

I mean, I can understand his reluctance. Disaster or not, most people would not be happy if their business or bank account just got plundered by the government, but after all his fancy speeches about wanting to do good for Lion’s Arch and how he’s a “Charr of the people”, you’d think Evon would be more willing to step up for his home city.

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Lionguard* actually, but thank you for posting that.

Such a great guy, ditches citizens and a captain of the council purely to save his merchandise and nothing else.

Considering that, due to the ultimatum, his merchandize is now literally his life, i can understand that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Lion’s Arch is a Quasi-Government run by an unelected council of ‘ex-Pirates’ who think that they have full control over anyone who lived in a city-state, that, for all intentive purposes, no longer exists, because they suddenly decided to grow a conscience in the last few days, and think that the other person is wrong instead of them.

If I were Evon, I would go hire as many mercenaries as my infinite pool of money can buy, and go crush the Lionguard, and anyone else who thinks they have the power to control me.
(and on that note, I’ll go kill Ellen Kiel for Free. All Evon has to do is ask! That Airship she ‘owns’ is supposed to be mine! I was the one who fought tooth and nail through the Aetherblade Retreat, while Anet’s darling Kiel stood there wide eyed and did nothing to help me and my comrades while we got cannonballs shot in our face!)

• Why do Seraph and Lionguard have jurisdiction in Vigil Keep? Conscripting Evon and hunting down Healer-Tron (did they really have nothing better to do?).

Technically, only the Seraph should, since it is technically on Krytan Territory,…right?

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: MoS.5970

MoS.5970

• Kiel was warned of the attack prior to it happening and she had some time to prepare. I don’t recall seeing her in Lion’s Arch nor do I see signs of her trying to evacuate refugees ahead of time or set up defences. During the attack Lion’s Arch looks like it’s going about a normal day. What exactly did Kiel do with the forewarning?

She was in Crow’s Nest Tavern before the attack and mentioned she was going to try and make LA not completely unprepared and that more would could have been done with more Council members backing. Other than that, no further details on how she was preparing.

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I’m done with the threads and discussions on which ones of them are the good guys, and the bad guys, and why they’re all acting like this. It’s all just bad writing, and I should know better than to expect anything else from the Living Story.

In my opinion, Bad writing would be:
Taimi asks, " Scarlet! Stop killing people!" some sob story
Scarlet says, “Okay! ~<3” and we all get cake.

Evon and Keil have been written as flawed heroes. They were set up to fail from the start because this was going to be the outcome regardless of any actions (or inactions) they took.

Evon hoping Kiel died and his political jab at Magnus the “Bloodyhanded” was in poor taste. It’s difficult to support a character (remember the election was close, a lot of players actually like Evon) when they say things like this. I didn’t like how much like politics the election was written (politics isn’t fun imo) and this showcased the worst of politics – point scoring at the expense of serious issues (it also doesn’t make sense when Evon has a better platform to score points from if he reminds people he warned of the attack first). I want more grey in the story’s moral shades but they seem to insist on either making characters white or black.

This is what fascinates me about politics. The Captian’s Council is elected, they don’t have to do anything to help anyone, just appeal to the black and white issues of the majority of the public.
Evon had the strong point of being a merchant, thus he could sell his ability to produce profits as his strength, even if his business ethic was ruthless.
Kiel’s background as inspector, placed her in high regard when security was involved, even though her actual track record should come into question. If she was GOOD at her job, the Constortium would not be in Lion’s Arch, Theo Ashford would have be alive, and Scarlet would be a bad salad joke.

Scarlet was meant to attack Lion’s Arch in both a storyline and game design, big caps and bullet point. Arguing about who is being a jerk about failing to do this is pointless.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Is there dialogue with Kiel in this new update? We get to talk to Evon a lot but I haven’t seen what Ellen has to say.

I like Evon’s character a lot by this point. Hell, he actually has one. He might be selfish and more threatened to help than volunteering, but he’s still one of the more memorable characters in the Living story at this point. (compared to our ‘blander than bland’ heroes).

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

Where’s Smooth Penguin when you need him?

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Am I the only one more annoyed that Evon and Braham are voiced by the same person than anything Evon has to say? I keep expecting Evon to say “kah-bam!” .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Am I the only one more annoyed that Evon and Braham are voiced by the same person than anything Evon has to say? I keep expecting Evon to say “kah-bam!” .

Good thing i have crappy memory for voices, so don’t even notice it :P

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

What concerns me most is what Evon and Heal-o-tron is cooking up.

Heal-o-tron wants to help in the assault… Evon says they can come to an… agreement.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Yep, I noticed this as well…

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

What concerns me most is what Evon and Heal-o-tron is cooking up.

Heal-o-tron wants to help in the assault… Evon says they can come to an… agreement.

Evon is looking for a way to annoy the council, and I think he believes helping Heal-o-tron might help him do that.

I don’t trust him though, he’s a sinister one. I hope it won’t cause more trouble for Heal-o-Tron, he’s only trying to help

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

The Captian’s Council is elected

No, it isn’t. The Captain’s Council is appointed by the Council. The election wasn’t to get into the Council, that was just the result. The Election was the show the Zerphyrites who we liked more. The person we liked more would be the one allowed to draft the trade agreement with them, because they seem to think popularity is some kind of judge of character. The person who got the trade agreement would be the one appointed to the Council.

So technically the Captain’s Council are tyrants and dictators without any legitimate backing by the people of the city nor hereditary title.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So technically the Captain’s Council are tyrants and dictators without any legitimate backing by the people of the city nor hereditary title.

There is a reason why the most influential member of the council, Magnus, is called “the Bloody-handed”. It’s not for his charity work, that’s for sure.

(and from what we managed to hear abou Theo Ashford before he got… retired, he was a nasty piece of work as well – not someone you’d want to depend on)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

If I were Evon, I would go hire as many mercenaries as my infinite pool of money can buy, and go crush the Lionguard, and anyone else who thinks they have the power to control me.
(and on that note, I’ll go kill Ellen Kiel for Free. All Evon has to do is ask! That Airship she ‘owns’ is supposed to be mine! I was the one who fought tooth and nail through the Aetherblade Retreat, while Anet’s darling Kiel stood there wide eyed and did nothing to help me and my comrades while we got cannonballs shot in our face!)

Yes, that’d just make everybody want to live in LA after it is retaken. “Hey guys, yeah I just slaughtered the Lionguard and their leadership, now I’m going back to Ascalon and building my own little town.” It’d make Evon possibly just as wanted as Scarlet, as it’d be mass murder by itself, and all the races respect the Lionguard. Not to mention all the former citizens of LA going “WTF” about it.

I never got to do the Aetherblade retreat mini-dungeon sadly, but tell me, WHAT would your character do with an airship? How would he/she crew it, maintain it, fund it? What is your characters backstory that allows them to be able to operate an Airship fluidly without crashing into a hill?

Why should the Lionguard just let a random Adventurer (admittedly one who helped them, and might be part of the officer level of the Pact) waltz away with an airship? The Aetherblades attacked LA, it’s part of their attack. Lionguard taking it gives LA an airship as well as lets them scour it for any information or clues that might be onboard. All in all, the “SHE STOLE MY AIRSHIP. I FOUGHT THROUGH IT, SHOULD BE MINE!” comes across and childish whining and temper tantum.

Also, lets say your character would make an issue of it. Who would help him/her fly the airship out of LA against the Lionguard? They could dogpile your character and toss him in a cell. Or simply go “Hey, that guy waltzed off with an Airship, if he walks through the gate he is to be arrested on sight.” A modern example is say, somebody attacks the Police, and you help the police fight through them and stop them from getting away. Those thieves had an armored car/sports car/fancy vehicle sitting there, and suddenly you just get in and drive off. Are the police going to go “Oh, that’s fine, he totally helped us so much!” nope.

Evon Please kitten

Posted by: Aajolea.8132

Aajolea.8132

If i were Evon, i’d move BLTC operations to black citidal and tell the jumped up LA officer to kitten off, and if they want any supplies to buy it.