Found Heirlooms after March 4th

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Will you still be able to get them during the next chapter of the living story?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Living Story events last for a month. The patch on March 4th will last for 2 weeks coinciding with the remainder of the original month’s Living Story update.

Why is this still a question?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Joonks.7501

Joonks.7501

Living Story events last for a month. The patch on March 4th will last for 2 weeks coinciding with the remainder of the original month’s Living Story update.

Because Anet should personally call me everyday in case I have a question. Otherwise they’re not being clear and are failing to be open with their community.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s a stronger question than usual, actually, since the next event is the battle for LA. Which means what’s happening inside LA will be different. I could see the rubble piles still being there, as there’s a lot of city that the evacuators haven’t dug completely through, but there should be different fights and less citizen escaping stuff.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

It’s a stronger question than usual, actually, since the next event is the battle for LA. Which means what’s happening inside LA will be different. I could see the rubble piles still being there, as there’s a lot of city that the evacuators haven’t dug completely through, but there should be different fights and less citizen escaping stuff.

Well…

They may not necessarily put a stop to citizen rescue events..

They could, possibly, introduce a new 5-man instance to take down Scarlet.

It’d seemingly fall more in line with having Braham, Rox, and crew there.

I mean, could you imagine a massive zerg to take down Scarlet?

I could see the Assault Knights being added to the Lion’s Arch map (as a zerg-friendly boss).

However, Scarlet seems like something that should be a more balanced fight… And probably have story elements as well.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

It is a legitimate question, unlike yours.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Living Story events last for a month.

Fractured didn’t.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Put it this way. heirloom question has been asked over and over again. And the Devs have said nothing.
Better safe than sorry and don’t count on it being around after the 4th

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Always assume it is going away. Finish everything within the 2 week period and spend your currency on the last day. That way you will never be disappointed. If it stays then you can farm some more if you need it, if it doesn’t then you won.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You have no way of knowing that. Ya most of the time, that how it worked. But the meta for Fractured AND EotM lasted only 2 weeks. Anet could do anything in the next weeks. Maybe, that they will change L.A. map so the Lion Guard assault it an retake the City, by this time all citizen had been rescued and you can’t finish the same events. Maybe the L.A. map won’t be change and that we will need to go inside the big drill in an instanced for the last Living Story.

Maybe it will finish 2 weeks after the last Living Story update, but then want will L.A. looks like? They can’t simply get it back the way it was. Will they simply erase all event while not changing anything in the map layout? Will they wait until the 18th March to change L.A. into a semi-permanent ruined city without the current events, while the drill instance could still be reachable until 1st April (so the last Living Story last 1 months like most of them), or the last Living Story content will only be accessible for 2 weeks?

They can do a lot of things and we don’t know right now.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Kal Spiro.9745

You have no way of knowing that. Ya most of the time, that how it worked. But the meta for Fractured AND EotM lasted only 2 weeks. Anet could do anything in the next weeks. Maybe, that they will change L.A. map so the Lion Guard assault it an retake the City, by this time all citizen had been rescued and you can’t finish the same events. Maybe the L.A. map won’t be change and that we will need to go inside the big drill in an instanced for the last Living Story.

Maybe it will finish 2 weeks after the last Living Story update, but then want will L.A. looks like? They can’t simply get it back the way it was. Will they simply erase all event while not changing anything in the map layout? Will they wait until the 18th March to change L.A. into a semi-permanent ruined city without the current events, while the drill instance could still be reachable until 1st April (so the last Living Story last 1 months like most of them), or the last Living Story content will only be accessible for 2 weeks?

They can do a lot of things and we don’t know right now.

Edge of the Mists wasn’t the main event. The Marionette was, and that lasted for the entire month. I suspect Fractured was the same situation, but I don’t recall specifically.

That’s how it works. The main event lasts a month. The event that comes in at the two week mark lasts for two weeks, so they both end at the same time.

This will be no different. Escape from Lion’s Arch will continue for the next two weeks. On March 4th we take the fight to the drill. The Teleporter things all about the Drill will become accessible, probably as a new coordinated event, and then we’ll get to attack the Drill.

If this is actually how they’re doing it you can kiss Meta Event rewards goodbye for a while, but Heirlooms and Blade Shards will still be accessible.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Your last comment was uneeded. Either answer their question and leave it at that or don’t post at all.

Kal Spiro.9745

Your last comment was uneeded. Either answer their question and leave it at that or don’t post at all.

It’s called a follow up. I did need that question answered because I don’t understand why people don’t know this.

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

It’s called a follow up. I did need that question answered because I don’t understand why people don’t know this.

It would be best advised to use different wording. Using a phrase that is constantly used as a negative statement is unwise. A large amount of people in the gaming community as a whole are hostile so it usually assumed when such statements are made that it is made with ill will.

I would say why I don’t know is because I gave up on using Anets website because they spent too much time pasting stuff on fake book and reddit before which some of us don’t use and aren’t going to go out of the way to use it when the company doesn’t want to use their own website.

My apologies if you are being sincere though.

Posted by: Paffus Piffus.9430

Paffus Piffus.9430

Always assume it is going away. Finish everything within the 2 week period and spend your currency on the last day. That way you will never be disappointed. If it stays then you can farm some more if you need it, if it doesn’t then you won.

Says it all really

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Oh, that is easy. They don’t know, because noone that knows answered them. For some people doing the same thing you do (guessing and assuming) is not enough.

And i agree with ZudetGambeous – assume that it’s going away. It may remain, but better safe than sorry.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

When dealing with Anet – everything is an assumption.

After a year the above statement should be pretty much common knowledge.

To the OP – Your question was fine and I understand why you asked it.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

Because lack of clear official information. If someone in Anet reads my post here… please guys consider this: when you are in a Living World update cycle, whenever there is something such as tokens like the heirlooms introduced that are likely not permanent, give us clear (spoiler-free!) info on when we should use them by and such. Not necessarily the day the update goes live, but at the very latest a few days before the next LW build.

I know as people mentioned the rule of thumb based on LW season 1 is that most start of month releases run through the end of the month in tandem with the month’s second release but really, if you could just improve on this aspect of dev-to-community communication it would be great.

Kal Spiro.9745

Because lack of clear official information. If someone in Anet reads my post here… please guys consider this: when you are in a Living World update cycle, whenever there is something such as tokens like the heirlooms introduced that are likely not permanent, give us clear (spoiler-free!) info on when we should use them by and such. Not necessarily the day the update goes live, but at the very latest a few days before the next LW build.

I know as people mentioned the rule of thumb based on LW season 1 is that most start of month releases run through the end of the month in tandem with the month’s second release but really, if you could just improve on this aspect of dev-to-community communication it would be great.

Honestly, the easiest way to do this is already implemented ingame. Just add a downtimer to the Living World Achievement tab.

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

Honestly, the easiest way to do this is already implemented ingame. Just add a downtimer to the Living World Achievement tab.

That could indeed help for some things, but of course other stuff like the heirlooms isn’t exactly tied to the achievements, and as you saw with this release, now you can no longer do Escape from LA achievements but heirlooms are still available. Honestly, I didn’t think they were very likely to disappear, but still not knowing for sure kinda sucks.