Found belongings merchatnts gone ?!

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yeah they did say it. Recently. A couple times.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Yes we were told.
Red post mentioned it 11 days ago, and again 7 days ago.

But …

If you don’t frequent the forums regularly, it is no wonder you missed it.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

And this is why you don’t wait until after the last day to do these things. Even if we hadn’t been told you still have no one to blame but yourself. In this case we were told a couple times.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The Burninator

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Even though they did announce this, unless you’re following dev posts on the forums religiously, it’s easy to miss.

The communication for a lot of stuff like this has really not been what it should and it’s also getting really annoying to have a bunch of new items added every patch that may be useful or may not be useful later on.

So much of living stories has becoming figuring out what to do with all the crap that ends up in your bags every 2 weeks. =(

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Sooooooooo what use do we have for found belongings?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

From my experience with living story events I have found that it is always in my best interest to check on what happens to story event items at least a few days before the end of the event. It is never a good idea to look into such things after the event ends.

The Burninator

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Sooooooooo what use do we have for found belongings?

Right Click → Destroy

Posted by: robertszak.9037

robertszak.9037

You should hold on to them until you see the merchant that is mentioned in the patch notes. Personally hoping I can exchange my leftover cypher scraps, heirlooms, etc.

Trading
Rumors tell of a merchant interested in items from major events in Tyria’s recent history, including Blade Shards. Players are encouraged to hold on to these items if they are interested in trading with her when she appears.

Posted by: ClansFear.2597

ClansFear.2597

Thanks ArenaNet! It makes perfect logic to remove those vendors even if rest of camp is still intact. Now I’m left with thousands of useless stuff. No, I’m not visiting forums frequently.
Thanks again <3

Posted by: eraser.8031

eraser.8031

I disconnected with 40 mins to go traveling to merchant I think they should of left them up for a time after event really unfair

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

nods

They said on here. I think it was said in one of the various articles that got thrown around. ‘Have things done by the 18th’ That said loud and clear (to me) have stuff done and taken care of on the 17th because it’d all be gone (as per normal) by the time I got home from work on the 18th.

shrug

Although, I don’t think it would have hurt to leave the collectors a day or two longer. Unless they’d have to manually update to remove them at a later date (such a pain), at which point I completely understand.

Either way though, I was all squared away last night.

Might end up grumpy over this new trader though…depending on what they offer for what previous items. I finally cleaned out all that junk.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Rils.7368

Rils.7368

I’m going ot wait to see the new vendor before I trash anything. To be honest, I’ve been hanging on to my leftovers ever since the Council Election episode, where you got to sell your leftover tickets for cash afterwards. Haven’t trusted them not to pull that kind of stunt again…

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Trading
Rumors tell of a merchant interested in items from major events in Tyria’s recent history, including Blade Shards. Players are encouraged to hold on to these items if they are interested in trading with her when she appears.

Items?….major events?…….plural?

Hmmm I think I may find out I regret deleting two stack of evon support buttons to make room for blade shards.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

At the same time they mentioned getting rid of that stuff on the 18th they also said to keep your blade shards. The new vendor doesn’t want heirlooms or found items, just blade shards. If you didn’t cash them in by now they’re wasted junk in your inventory.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

And I can’t make an ascended spinal blades because the only NPC that sold the recipe was removed. -_-

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Lilith Ajit.6173

And I can’t make an ascended spinal blades because the only NPC that sold the recipe was removed. -_-

They didn’t remove Miyani.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I was talking about the guy that traded them for 250 Found Belongings… but I didn’t know MIyani sold them too for gold.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

I’m sorry, but there is absolutely no reason to remove the found belongings vendors. I still have plenty of those left to turn in, but I forgot to do that yesterday. Plenty of past vendors have stuck around after their event ended. Such as that Sound the seller guy (who is now at the vigil keep).
I do not see in the past patch notes anything about that the vendor will disappear on the 18th. If it is going to disappear, then this is very important information that should be in the patch notes. There is no excuse to not have this critical information there.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

Lilith Ajit.6173

It wasn’t Miyani who sold the recipe. It was the guy that traded Found Belongings for 250.

Then buy the recipe from Miyani. For 5 gold.

[ARES]

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

so i saved 1900 belongings. and you just REMOVED the merchants? why?

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

The event is over, they announced the merchants would be removed multiple times over the past 10 days or so, not their fault you didn’t spend your belongings.

Posted by: Draconus.9786

Draconus.9786

So this new merchant where I can turn in extra blade shards… Does it exist yet?

Tseikk.9032

The event is over, they announced the merchants would be removed multiple times over the past 10 days or so, not their fault you didn’t spend your belongings.

but why… there’s this sonder the seller guy that sells other living story stuff. why couldn’t he deal with belongings too?

Posted by: Sokina.8041

Sokina.8041

“Announced”

Oh, you mean the topic on their announcement section on the forums? Or do you mean one of the many obscured / buried posts? And not, you know, as dialogue from the merchants, as an in-game mail, as an announcement on the launcher’s page. Oh right, silly people don’t realize in order to know about what’s happening in-game, they have to leave the in-game world to browse the forums.

“Excuse me Mr. Ice Cream man, what flavors do you have?”
“Well if you go to our website and check under the menu section…”

Some people are busy playing the game and deserve to have the information conveyed to them in-game. Wouldn’t be hard for an in-game mail to be sent saying “Ohey, these merchants are nearly done collecting belongings.” People on the forums make up a very, very small part of the playerbase.

(edited by Sokina.8041)

Tseikk.9032

^ +1
/15 charrs

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Well, thankfully I heard about this and turned mine in.

But still, yeah, this is kind of a dumb way to handle these things – there is really no logical reason why the vendors have to be removed right away at the end of an event. It is, frankly, just rude to do something you don’t have to do, that does nothing but inconvenience players and that you know is going to tick off a lot of people who didn’t get the info.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I see a thread like this every time another set of disposable content disappears. Really, people, have you not yet learned that you should be turning this stuff in BEFORE the last day of the patch?

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Instead of hoarding, use your stuff when you get enough of them.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

DON’T DESTROY ANYTHING!!!! The patch notes mentioned a merchant will appear for LS items, including blade shards. It didn’t say that it was only for blade shards. Previous LS items may be traded as well. So DON’T destroy anything yet!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I hope I can sell my 562 Queen’s Gauntlet Tickets from my farming spree back in August.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”