Getting Loot from the Legendary Mobs

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: TheDeparted.8013

TheDeparted.8013

Is nearly impossible solo. There now exists many repeated instances of people doing all 3 Legendary mobs, contributing for the entire fight, getting gold achievement, and getting NOTHING for reward. How am I supposed to upgrade my back item when I can’t get anything to drop loot. Please fix.

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

Why do you assume you’re guaranteed any loot at all?

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Posted by: FANY.6524

FANY.6524

Regular mobs in LA also drop the blade shards that you need for your back piece, and the patch notes say this: “Aetherblade enemies across Tyria now have an added chance to drop Blade Shards.”

You should be able to complete your back piece whether you get loot from the Knights or not. (The Knights have also only dropped Gear Boxes for me.)

Ashe Walker
Prescribed [Rx]

TheDeparted.8013

Right – I’m saying not even a gear box. Literally nothing after the fight was over 3×. I heard many other people saying the same thing in map chat.

FANY.6524

Okay? I think the entire point is to defeat them and move on to Scarlet. I don’t think they are meant to give you much in the way of drops. (I mean, that’s just my opinion. We’re doing the meta event, so I didn’t expect anything until after we completed the entire thing.)

Ashe Walker
Prescribed [Rx]

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

champs and up are guaranteed to drop loot?
thats why

but in zerg events, you’re unlikely to get anything, for some reason being in a party means the damage threshold for getting credit gets cut by alot.

TheDeparted.8013

Okay? I think the entire point is to defeat them and move on to Scarlet. I don’t think they are meant to give you much in the way of drops. (I mean, that’s just my opinion. We’re doing the meta event, so I didn’t expect anything until after we completed the entire thing.)

My issue is that those mobs drop the Power Cores needed to upgrade my Ascended Spinal Back and I really don’t want to buy them from the TP at great cost.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’d really want to see a clarification on the Watchwork Knight drops. Are they limited somehow? If they aren’t, then it should get looked into (most kills do not give any drops even for people that are constantly dps-ing for the whole event). If they are, then perhaps the requirements for the college-colored ascended spinal backpacks should be adjusted (not sure how are you going to get 10 power cores of proper colour when even if you get a drop at all, which is already hard, you still need to roll RNG for a core to drop).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think you guys aren’t doing enough DPS to get loot credit (a big problem for condition builds). At launch this problem existed for champions – it was possible to get gold event credit but not qualify for loot drops. They adjusted that a while back and now it’s much easier to get loot credit on champion mobs. The knight are legendary mobs, maybe they use the old loot algorithm which was excluding people?

Honestly the best bet to get loot credit is to invite random people around you until you have a full party. The whole party’s DPS will count towards the loot credit cap and everyone should get their chest.

FANY.6524

I see what you’re saying now. Yeah, I can understand why that’s frustrating for you, but each time my server has fought the knights I think only 1-3 seem to be getting the cores. So, I don’t think they’re going to be an easy thing to come by.

Maybe it’s not working the way it’s meant to, or maybe it’s working the way they intended. Until there is an answer, I guess I can only suggest that you keep hacking away at it. :/

Ashe Walker
Prescribed [Rx]

Astralporing.1957

I think you guys aren’t doing enough DPS to get loot credit (a big problem for condition builds).

Trust me, if i am not doing enough damage on it, then most of the participants are in the same boat. And being in a party didn’t help me any.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think you guys aren’t doing enough DPS to get loot credit (a big problem for condition builds).

This is a great mechanic to separate the players who actually participate, and those that just leech. But this mechanic can be buggy at times.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Sawnic.6795

thats why

but in zerg events, you’re unlikely to get anything, for some reason being in a party means the damage threshold for getting credit gets cut by alot.

Want to come on some temple runs? You kill several champs and not get loot, but get credit for the kill.

Have been for months.

MassDelusion.9130

thats why

Want to come on some temple runs? You kill several champs and not get loot, but get credit for the kill.

Have been for months.

credit threshold for xp is alot lower than credit for loot.

Sawnic.6795

thats why

Have been for months.

I thought drops were guaranteed?

MassDelusion.9130

thats why

Have been for months.

once you hit the threshold, it is.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Yeah, they need to fix this.

Sawnic.6795

thats why

Have been for months.

once you hit the threshold, it is.

But now you’re changing your story.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

“Legendary Assault Knights will drop 5 Deluxe Gear Boxes and a chance at an Assault Knight Power Core, which can be used to color the Tempered Spinal Blades back item. Defeating all three knights within 6 minutes will award several masterwork items, a luck bonus, 1 Obsidian Shard, and 5 Blade Shards.”
From the patch notes.

It was working just fine before the first update to the patch earlier tonight. I was running solo and getting boxes, now I get absolutely zero regardless of party or not.
Not that Anet will fix it if it is a problem. In Seattle, anything that removes loot from the game is considered good.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

(edited by Neural.1824)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

First champion I killed gave me a heap of champion boxes and a green. It was half dead before I arrived, and I didn’t do amazing DPS because I still had to figure out the fight, and I was pulled close a few times.

Every knight after that, about 6 of them, I participated from the start, and DPSed the kittens out of them using the damage buff pools whenever possible. Gold medals every time, but no loot at all.

Surely this has nothing to do with my damage contribution.

MassDelusion.9130

But now you’re changing your story.

No i’m not, once you hit the threshold to get credit for loot, you’re guaranteed 100% to get a champ box from champs/legendaries.

You don’t get credit for looking at a champ or slapping it.

OP didn’t get look because he was solo, which is alot harder when trying to get credit.
They’ve never officially announced it, but anyone that does these kinds of events knows it’s alot easier to get credit in a group (think back to ember farming)
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/jubilee/Champion-New-Bags-WvW#post2543820

Champion Loot

All champions now drop containers based on their family. These containers have coin, skill points, crafting materials, weapons and armor, and rare chances at unique weapon skins based on family.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-6th-2013/first#post2621914

Astralporing.1957

OP didn’t get look because he was solo, which is alot harder when trying to get credit.

You might consider reading other posts in this thread. It is not a “solo” or “low dps” problem.

Actions, not words.