I still think Lion's Arch isn't the target.

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I think Lion’s Arch is in the way and needs to be dealt with to get to her actual target that lies deep under Lion’s Arch. Imagine Primordius, slowly awakening beneath L.A., deciding to use Scarlett (whom he saw when she was in Omadd’s machine) as a pawn in all this. She thinks she’s going to kill the dragon to get him out of her head (and it doesn’t matter who or what gets in the way) and she’s going to use the ley lines to do it. However, dragons consume magic. If the dragon can get Scarlett to use the ley lines to fire a massive burst of magic at it that could be just the jump start a groggy dragon needs to finish awakening.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

That’s because LA isn’t the target and never has been. LA is just in the way and Scarlet isn’t one to go around if she can just go through.

I don’t think it’s Primordius, though. I mean, I suppose a Dragon of fire and earth can pretty much go where he likes when he likes, but Primordius is the reason the Asura abandoned their caves in Maguuma, and the Dragons seem to like to settle, so it stands to reason he’d still be in Maguuma.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I think it’s been well established that she isn’t after LA – she’s after what’s beneath it.

VOLKON.1290

I think it’s been well established that she isn’t after LA – she’s after what’s beneath it.

Go beyond that. We’re fairly sure she’s out to kill the dragon, but is that the dragons plan? Will her attempt to kill the dragon awaken it fully?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Kal Spiro.9745

Go beyond that. We’re fairly sure she’s out to kill the dragon, but is that the dragons plan? Will her attempt to kill the dragon awaken it fully?

As opposed to what? The dragons are awake, active, and doing what they do. Just because it hasn’t been in our faces doesn’t mean it’s not fully awake.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordus

First Sentence.

Where is everyone getting the “Slowly awakening” idea from.

It was the first Dragon that awoke.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

VOLKON.1290

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordus

First Sentence.

Where is everyone getting the “Slowly awakening” idea from.

It was the first Dragon that awoke.

Huh. Well, scratch that idea.

Dang… it sounded good in my head too.

#TeamJadeQuarry

JayMack.8295

You aren’t right with Primordus…but maybe not every Dragon is awake yet.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

insert spoiler here

You’re very right. LA is not the target. Something bigger ;3

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

LA is clearly not the target, but a obstacle in Scarlet’s way. For me the target is the Ley Lines or a source of magic under LA from which the magic get to the ley lines.

There is already an hypothesis about Mordremoth being the 6th Elder Dragon, a Jungle Dragon and that Sylvari could be Mordremoth’s minions. What if Mordremoth use a different strategy than the other Elder Dragon. Most of them reach a place and start growing an army of minons. Zhaitan was building his army at Orr, Primordius underground, Jormag in the North, Kralkatorrik in the Crystal Desert and Deep Sea Dragon in the sea.

But what if Mordremoth play it more subtle. We already know that sylvari, despite being a young race, saw their number growth really fast. Mordremoth could be growing his army right in front of the World without any hints of treat like the other Dragon do, so nobody will interfere with his plans. Just waiting the right moment to awake and take control of his minions who are free for now. Mordremoth could be the voice that push Scarlet to act, to attack LA and reach under the city where maybe Mordremoth is. Scarlet would be the first controlled minons and she’s only partially controlled since Mordremoth would be still asleep with weak power.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

I dont know, all I know is, is that if we get anything less then one new explorable zone(reforming Lion’s Arch doesnt count…. it almost half counts but nope still doesnt count) I will be super disappointed. Sadly I bet all we get from the end of the living story is another world boss that scales poorly causing you to have to line up an hour before it starts (probably on a server you guested to) so you can get into that special overflow for a chance at blues and greens.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

We havent even got enough clues yet as to what the entity is and you think it is beneath Lions Arch? We also dont know if she is trying to kill the entity. What we do know is that thing that the probe found is a ley line, not a dragon. IF she can destroy the most important place of Tyria with only her army of alliances, she is not after a dragon to do that for her. There is more going on.

@Savoy you might want to put up a spoiler tag there.

I think the leaked files are fake anyways but if its true it is not good to be spoiled

Look beyond the obvious…

JayMack.8295

Another thing to back up Thaddeus’ point is Omadd’s machine. It was established in A Study in Scarlet (appreciate the Sherlock reference there, by the way) that the machine didn’t bring in external forces, but Scarlet brought in whatever she saw with her….something that was already part of her mind.

Kal Spiro.9745

LA is clearly not the target, but a obstacle in Scarlet’s way. For me the target is the Ley Lines or a source of magic under LA from which the magic get to the ley lines.

There is already an hypothesis about Mordremoth being the 6th Elder Dragon, a Jungle Dragon and that Sylvari could be Mordremoth’s minions. What if Mordremoth use a different strategy than the other Elder Dragon. Most of them reach a place and start growing an army of minons. Zhaitan was building his army at Orr, Primordius underground, Jormag in the North, Kralkatorrik in the Crystal Desert and Deep Sea Dragon in the sea.

But what if Mordremoth play it more subtle. We already know that sylvari, despite being a young race, saw their number growth really fast. Mordremoth could be growing his army right in front of the World without any hints of treat like the other Dragon do, so nobody will interfere with his plans. Just waiting the right moment to awake and take control of his minions who are free for now. Mordremoth could be the voice that push Scarlet to act, to attack LA and reach under the city where maybe Mordremoth is. Scarlet would be the first controlled minons and she’s only partially controlled since Mordremoth would be still asleep with weak power.

Actually, thinking about it that way makes even more sense. All the bits kind of fit into place.

Mordremoth is the Jungle Dragon. The Pale Tree is a champion of the Dragon. The Sylvari are it’s minions. Ventari corrupted the Pale Tree as a seed. Somehow he set the Pale Tree against Mordremoth and as a result she has been actively nurturing and blocking her children, his minions, from his influence. Some Sylvari are less influenced than others. Those Sylvari fall to Nightmare, from which there is no return. Nightmare court, whether they know it or not, are under the influence of Mordremoth, but they aren’t controlled by him because they still have the block that the Pale Tree imposed on them.

Scarlet removed the block. As a result she can be actively influenced by Mordremoth, just like all Dragon minions to their master. She’s still trying to resist though, because Sylvari are sentient, unlike most minions. Who knows how well she’s doing. While she is actively trying to kill Mordemoth, she could just as well unleash him on the world.

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Would be an insane waste of a year of “story” if all that would happen is LA being attacked/destroyed. Wasn’t LA already “attacked” by the Mad King (sort of), the karka, Zhaitan’s forces, councilman assassination, etc. Why care anymore? There better be something bigger than this (Dragons, Gods, new lands being explored, etc.).

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

@JayMack.8295
Dhuum?
1. Why in LA? He’s imprisoned in the Underworld.
2. What’s the point of rescuing him?

I think Scarlet is going to attack LA for some (normal) reason. Maybe the energy in LA will attract her nemesis or maybe there’s a Bloodstone somewhere?

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Its Gnashblade, obviously.
On a more serious note, I was thinking it might be the Fracs portal she wants, but thats being moved as well apparently.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

You aren’t right with Primordus…but maybe not every Dragon is awake yet.

Primordus is awake, so are Jormag and Kralkatorrik. Zhaitan is dead.

The only dragons left are the Jungle Dragon, which wouldn’t make sense as LA is far from its influence and Bubbles, which is supposed to be far into the sea, as he was the one who drew Quaggan and Krait to land.

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

I dont know why its such a secrete. I was excited yesterday when I found out the ending. I went and read all the lore about the dragon. I dont have a lot of time in my life so I dont want to waste it speculating and reading tons of useless information. But now that I have been informed and know what to expect I was able to go read up on it and I know the story of the dragon that matters. And I promise you that I was just as surprised yesterday when I found out as I would have been 2 weeks from now when they will reveal this ridiculous secret.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

Scarlet does not know what she is doing, I trust the mother tree on that, Scarlet did not see what she thinks she saw when she was inside that box.

Everything she does she does for the wrong reasons…

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Divinity’s Reach and the most bare fella of all Tyria.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

JayMack.8295

@JayMack.8295
Dhuum?
1. Why in LA? He’s imprisoned in the Underworld.
2. What’s the point of rescuing him?

I think Scarlet is going to attack LA for some (normal) reason. Maybe the energy in LA will attract her nemesis or maybe there’s a Bloodstone somewhere?

I didn’t think it actually was going to be Dhuum, I just like him and was hoping it would be. I had no evidence to back it up.

Seriously, ANet…even if he just bans people, or becomes a finisher…just sayin’.

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Its not. Nether are the people, guilds or building. Something steers deep.

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

She is after Zommoro that greedy basted!!!

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Blurk.6231

I dont know why its such a secrete. I was excited yesterday when I found out the ending. I went and read all the lore about the dragon. I dont have a lot of time in my life so I dont want to waste it speculating and reading tons of useless information. But now that I have been informed and know what to expect I was able to go read up on it and I know the story of the dragon that matters. And I promise you that I was just as surprised yesterday when I found out as I would have been 2 weeks from now when they will reveal this ridiculous secret.

Because other people dont like to be spoiled. Think about that when you post something. The fact that you was surprised and dont regret reading the spoiler doesnt mean everyone will feel like you.

Look beyond the obvious…

Kal Spiro.9745

Because other people dont like to be spoiled. Think about that when you post something. The fact that you was surprised and dont regret reading the spoiler doesnt mean everyone will feel like you.

There is a difference between a spoiler and speculation based on facts that should be common knowledge at this point. If you haven’t bothered to learn what is happening in the LS up to this point you don’t get to complain that someone else has. It isn’t like this is a TV show that you can see reruns of, once it’s happened it’s fair game.

Since no one has actually played through the next installment nothing anyone says is a spoiler, it’s just speculation and pretty much the point of this subforum existing this early.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

She is after Zommoro that greedy basted!!!

I have this picture of scarlet drilling into Zommoro’s lair and having him clutch all those rare greatswords people have been flushing down the mystic toliet.

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I can go with LA not being the primary target, more just something she has to go through in order to access her goal. I think we’ve all pretty much come to agree that the probes are looking for the ley lines, the recent story essentially says the same thing. Apparently the one Scarlet wants is under the city, thus she has to attack it to clear the path to it.

Beyond that, we don’t know what precisely she’s doing. Perhaps she’s after that specific line because it’s the strongest one running to final goal. At this point, some are assuming Mordremoth, others are assuming Primordus. (I haven’t gone to hunt up datamined spoilers). Considering the comment made by Jory in regards to the more virulent poison, perhaps Scarlet thinks she can poison the ley line?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Blurk.6231

There is a difference between a spoiler and speculation based on facts that should be common knowledge at this point. If you haven’t bothered to learn what is happening in the LS up to this point you don’t get to complain that someone else has. It isn’t like this is a TV show that you can see reruns of, once it’s happened it’s fair game.

Since no one has actually played through the next installment nothing anyone says is a spoiler, it’s just speculation and pretty much the point of this subforum existing this early.

It was not speculation he mentioned something that was datamined and was therefore a spoiler. I probably know more of Scarlet than you lot. Follow the discussion before you criticize.

Look beyond the obvious…

Kal Spiro.9745

It was not speculation he mentioned something that was datamined and was therefore a spoiler. I probably know more of Scarlet than you lot. Follow the discussion before you criticize.

I know he spouted a lot of stuff, but I don’t know that anything he said was true or backed by anything true. So, again, until it’s actually happened it’s speculation. Even if he said a good friend of his was a Dev and he was told flat out what the whole story was I wouldn’t take it for more than bluster. And too bad for you if you do.

Blurk.6231

Anything someone tells about the story that supposedly comes from the dat file is a spoiler, even if it is just put there to get us off track. So when someone says [insert spoiler] happened in the leaked dat file, then it is a spoiler. If it were true, I am not saying it is, and it would be the exact same way in game, people who accidentally read the spoiler will feel less surprised. So you can say what was leaked but the point was that he must use a spoiler tag for the people who dont want to know what is going to happen. It is true that there were some theories about that this was the case but nothing has been proven as there are a lot of points unexplained or against this theory. I mean no offense to anyone really if it looks that way I am sorry.

Look beyond the obvious…

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Anything someone tells about the story that supposedly comes from the dat file is a spoiler, even if it is just put there to get us off track. So when someone says [insert spoiler] happened in the leaked dat file, then it is a spoiler. If it were true, I am not saying it is, and it would be the exact same way in game, people who accidentally read the spoiler will feel less surprised. So you can say what was leaked but the point was that he must use a spoiler tag for the people who dont want to know what is going to happen. It is true that there were some theories about that this was the case but nothing has been proven as there are a lot of points unexplained or against this theory. I mean no offense to anyone really if it looks that way I am sorry.

He didn’t post anything that wasn’t already revealed in the LS.

Blurk.6231

It was deleted

Look beyond the obvious…

Posted by: Moteris.5913

Moteris.5913

This is what I am thinking.

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Actually, thinking about it that way makes even more sense. All the bits kind of fit into place.

Mordremoth is the Jungle Dragon. The Pale Tree is a champion of the Dragon. The Sylvari are it’s minions. Ventari corrupted the Pale Tree as a seed. Somehow he set the Pale Tree against Mordremoth and as a result she has been actively nurturing and blocking her children, his minions, from his influence. Some Sylvari are less influenced than others. Those Sylvari fall to Nightmare, from which there is no return. Nightmare court, whether they know it or not, are under the influence of Mordremoth, but they aren’t controlled by him because they still have the block that the Pale Tree imposed on them.

Scarlet removed the block. As a result she can be actively influenced by Mordremoth, just like all Dragon minions to their master. She’s still trying to resist though, because Sylvari are sentient, unlike most minions. Who knows how well she’s doing. While she is actively trying to kill Mordemoth, she could just as well unleash him on the world.

I’m pretty sure that the sylvari/pale tree are not dragon minions as one of the sylvari personal stories involves a sylvari from another tree that has neither a dream nor nightmare thus disproving that nightmare is the "natural" state of sylvari. This plus the consistent presentation that once a sylvari turns to nightmare it is irreversible points to the nightmare itself being dragon corruption rather than a natural state being suppressed by the dream.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m pretty sure that the sylvari/pale tree are not dragon minions as one of the sylvari personal stories involves a sylvari from another tree that has neither a dream nor nightmare thus disproving that nightmare is the "natural" state of sylvari. This plus the consistent presentation that once a sylvari turns to nightmare it is irreversible points to the nightmare itself being dragon corruption rather than a natural state being suppressed by the dream.

Except that we have been told that the Sylvari are immune to dragon corruption. Just as other dragon minions are immune to [other] dragon corruption. That’s the only sticky part there.

The existence of other trees that produce sylvari with no knowledge of the Dream or the Nightmare simple highlights (rather pointedly) that the Pale Tree is different. Why it is different, perhaps more sentient, than other similar sylvari trees may have to do with its removal and subsequent planting by Ronan, and Ventari’s overall influence.

Not enough is known about the sylvari to really make an accurate decision. Based on what we do know, many of the given theories (including that they may be dragon minions) remain plausible.

VOLKON.1290

Except that we have been told that the Sylvari are immune to dragon corruption. Just as other dragon minions are immune to [other] dragon corruption. That’s the only sticky part there.

The existence of other trees that produce sylvari with no knowledge of the Dream or the Nightmare simple highlights (rather pointedly) that the Pale Tree is different. Why it is different, perhaps more sentient, than other similar sylvari trees may have to do with its removal and subsequent planting by Ronan, and Ventari’s overall influence.

Not enough is known about the sylvari to really make an accurate decision. Based on what we do know, many of the given theories (including that they may be dragon minions) remain plausible.

Huh… so it’s possible dragon minions grow on trees?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Kal Spiro.9745

Wait, which one is that? I’ve done four of the six and I have not run into this person.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

It was deleted

Ah, I see. My apologies!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Huh… so it’s possible dragon minions grow on trees?

Is that really any more out there than one that reanimates dead bodies?

Or one that creates his from “earth and fire, usually spawning them in pools of lava”?

Or to encase a living creature in stone until its body becomes lava and then becomes a dragon minion?

Or for a non-living minion (still talking just earth and fire here) to birth eggs which hatch into baby minions?

I’m not even sure how Jormag or Kral do their conversions. I could probably speculate, but you probably get the picture…

So yeah… a sentient tree that grows offspring really isn’t so…..unbelievable in the scope of things.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

There is already an hypothesis about Mordremoth being the 6th Elder Dragon, a Jungle Dragon and that Sylvari could be Mordremoth’s minions. What if Mordremoth use a different strategy than the other Elder Dragon.

You know what would be awesome?

That Sylvari hypothesis being true, how cool would it be that Trahearne is a minion of Mordremoth and uses the Pact resources with his fellow Sylvaries against us, now THAT would be a great plot twist.

But I don’t think it’s possible given that we can actually play as a Sylvari, they’ll have to come up with a story of the Pale Tree being similar to Glint.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Primordus was under Yak’s Bend in GW1, so he’s moved quite a long way if he’s under LA now.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

He felt the joy and life. So he traveled here to get a breakfast.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I reckon there might be an elder dragon below LA that Scarlet either wants to kill, or force to join with her (or even experiment and modify it with another species to make it even stronger).

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

Correct me if im wrong but what I read was “just the stirring of primordus was enough to send the asurans to the surface” so he would in fact still be asleep, just dreaming… but hes more than likely in a fire area i.e. Ring of fire, maelstrom.

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.