Improvement to quaggan tonics

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

I absolutely love the quaggan tonics that have appeared with this patch, and I like to spend as much time as possible turned into such an adorable creature. The only problem is that as a quaggan I can’t jump That makes it difficult for me to move around, so wouldn’t it be an awesome change if the possibility of jumping as a quaggan would be added?

Posted by: MrsKryten.5104

MrsKryten.5104

Please make this happen! I so want to be able to do a jumping puzzle as a quaggan!

Posted by: Tierce.5370

Tierce.5370

Yes, please! I want to jump as a quaggan too! /upvote

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

On the upside, we can swim just fine in quaggan form!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

I actually would like if they made the green Quaggan look like the backpack version instead of that ugly one we get.

Why you bein’ cute?

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Have you seen a jumping quaggan.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Have you seen a jumping quaggan.

I’d like to. 15 quaggans

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

I actually would like if they made the green Quaggan look like the backpack version instead of that ugly one we get.

I’d actually like to have more adult Quaggan tonics.

The Kurt.2518

Jumping puzzles a s a quaggan… That would be all my dreams comming true at once! :O

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Look at their legs, they couldnt jump to save their lives.

The Kurt.2518

Look at their legs, they couldnt jump to save their lives.

Actually, I think they would be able to jump, even though not very high :P Just because they look small and chubby doesn’t mean they don’t have really strong legs :) And even if quaggans aren’t good at jumping, we are and we only look like quaggans so there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to!

(edited by The Kurt.2518)

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

They jump when you use the skill #2 when you transform into a Quaggan. So there’s no excuse not to able jumping by default.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I’d love to be able to jump as a quaggan.

Mind, I’m actually thinking of abandoning that dream to set up a Quaggan Tonic Shop. I’ll choose to set up somewhere with a lucrative air, and await the coppers rolling in. Maybe I’ll even try for a Quaggan Day or festival license, set up a marquee with cake and tea and a pool inside. Plus there’ll be a collection tin for all disaffected homeless quaggans, constantly forced to go to new places because dragons. Please donate generously!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

The Kurt.2518

You would get all my gold! ;D

Posted by: Cyvien.8049

Cyvien.8049

Or better yet, they should release the Quaggan race.
If jump button is enabled for Quaggan tonic, then it should be also enabled for all other tonics.

I’m a scholar, thus I don’t take stance.

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Long ago, the original quaggan tonic from Blubloop in Straits of Devastation (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blubloop) use to let you jump as a baby quaggan. Then some patch came around that took it out, but I just can not recall when it happened. I have been sad everyday I use that tonic, & now more so with the new ones.

The Kurt.2518

Or better yet, they should release the Quaggan race.
If jump button is enabled for Quaggan tonic, then it should be also enabled for all other tonics.

I don’t think that Quaggan will ever become a race since they are pretty much established as a minor race. It would be awesome if jumping was allowed for all other tonics, that would make them a lot more enjoyable, and now that we’ve proved that quaggans actually can jump it would be such a waste not giving us that great mechanic.

Long ago, the original quaggan tonic from Blubloop in Straits of Devastation (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blubloop) use to let you jump as a baby quaggan.

Whyyyyy would they take it away! D: I see no drawbacks whatsoever with letting us turn into jumping quaggans, quite the opposite since that would make tonics a lot more enjoyable. I guess it’s up to us to bring awarness to the topic ;)

Posted by: Admiral Razorbeard.8709

Admiral Razorbeard.8709

Improving the quaggan tonic – or maybe an improvement of tonics in general? Right now most tonics that turn you into something cool or cute are really just useful for Costume Brawls or running around on flat surfaces – and how fun is the last one? Adding the ability to jump for some tonics could definitely make many tonics more amusing. Sure, it´s mostly for “them lolz”, but I definitely think that them lolz is a valid reason. Adding the ability to jump as a quaggan would be an general improvement to tonics and make the gaming experience (including many jumping puzzles) just a little bit more exotic and fun.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d like to see the ability to jump added to most tonics, really. The only ones that can jump, off the top of my head, are Skeleton, Mummy, Ghost, and Princess Doll.

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I’m DeShadowWolf.6854, and I support quaggans being able to jump.

The Kurt.2518

Yeah, being able to jump with all tonics would be cool, but some of them might be a bit weird to jump with; I don’t know if you can turn into a snake or anything like that, but a jumping snake might look a bit weird :P But maybe changing all tonics would require quite a bit of time, so as long as the quaggan tonic gets changed I’ll be glad :)

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

i suggested it once for the old quaggan tonics.
and since they added atacks to them and no ability to jump.. i think they dont give a kitten

but it would be awesome

Blùb [LuPi]

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Oh, and allow us to use weapons as Quaggans as well.

I’d like to be able to remain in Quaggan form at all times.

Or, just sell quaggan character slots in the Gem Store.

You’d make loads and loads of dough.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

What I would’ve liked is to be able to forge Endless Blue, Black, Pink and Green tonics into one mystery one to save some inventory slots…

The Kurt.2518

Oh, and allow us to use weapons as Quaggans as well.

I’d like to be able to remain in Quaggan form at all times.

Or, just sell quaggan character slots in the Gem Store.

You’d make loads and loads of dough.

I don’t think that Anet would like to add quaggans as a playable race, even though it would be cool :P But it’s obvious they’re everyone’s favourite minor race, so making players able to turn into jumping quaggans would probably be a very popular change, can’t imagine anyone complaining about that

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I want a quaggan dance

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

But it’s obvious they’re everyone’s favourite minor race,

After Skritt.

In all honesty, though, I would like to see most of the tonics changed to allow jumping. Maybe a few other things, too. (+25% speed on the wolf potions and owl feathers, for example.)

The potions are fun, but they could be even better.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

The Kurt.2518

After Skritt.

Hmm, I wouldn’t be so sure about that, but it is a close competition ;)

I agree that a lot of tonics could be improved, but that might take time and I want to be a jumping quaggan right now! ^^

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Suggestion: Split all tonics into two different skill sets. 1 used in pve/wvw and 1 used for costume brawl via town clothes.

Example:
1. If tonic is used while in regular pve toggle, you keep all skills and can move normally.

2. If tonic is used while in town clothes, you gain costume brawl abilities.

That’s what I would do anyways, kind of like the watchknight tonic.

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

Suggestion: Split all tonics into two different skill sets. 1 used in pve/wvw and 1 used for costume brawl via town clothes.

Example:
1. If tonic is used while in regular pve toggle, you keep all skills and can move normally.

If you can get a combat tonic in wvw it wouldnt be fair because you have to see the animations of the skills. So a PvE version would only be viable.

Look beyond the obvious…

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Quaggans can’t jump.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Quaggans can’t jump.

I’m sure they can. They just need to do that little feline butt-wriggle first.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

Quaggans can’t jump.

Actually they can. I would expect them to be able to jump because its kinda like swimming in air, but on the number 2 skil, they actually jump up and then dispense water as a costume brawl skill.

The Kurt.2518

Only argument against jumping quaggans countered, there’s no reason this shouldn’t become a thing now ;)

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Example:

If you can get a combat tonic in wvw it wouldnt be fair because you have to see the animations of the skills. So a PvE version would only be viable.

C,mon…there’s like 3 or 4 weapon wind up animations you need to know +healing skills for possible interrupts via knockbacks/pulls/or dazes. Majority of weapon skills are difficult to see if they have a special tell. Most things with combo fields are easy to see.

Besides those huge wind ups like Mesmer GS#2/#4 and warrior HB’s it’s already hard to tell what an asura is up to. So no, I don’t think fair is an issue in wvw.

I actually hadn’t even considered WvW though, not what I meant by " regular pve", implying that non regular pve=WvW. I meant that since you can use the town clothes option for costume brawl which isn’t really pve and is a separate pane, have one form of the tonic be just for that while having the contrast of that tonic version to be used while in combat with mobs.

I actually think town clothes should be used in the same fashion.

Town Clothes= pane with skins
Town Clothes weapons=Costume Brawl, weapons auto take you town clothes pane if you activate a costume brawl skill and is just a skin
Town Clothes being used in regular pve=Town Clothes skins being placed over regular armor.