Kindof dangerous to have nothing for 10days

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Wouldn’t you think? Really nothing for us to do at the moment… I mean really you could of had that bar scene in-game during the battle anyways.

no counter looter events maybe?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

World of Warcraft will have nothing to do for almost a year before their expansion releases.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

The only thing dangerous to GW2 right now is ESO. Place is going to be a ghost town in less than a month.

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

World of Warcraft will have nothing to do for almost a year before their expansion releases.

Exactly. Some of these people…..good lord.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

The only thing dangerous to GW2 right now is ESO but that place is going to be a ghost town in less than a month.

fixed

In my opinion ESO is not dangerous to GW2 in any way as ESO is B2P+P2P+$shop. And I’ve played it a lot during beta but it’s nothing special. Just another generic mmo with a Tamriel sticker on it.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Krassix.4017

Krassix.4017

Not dangerous at all. I plan to keep enjoying the game.

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

The only thing dangerous to GW2 right now is ESO. Place is going to be a ghost town in less than a month.

I’ve seen enough of ESO to believe that it will follow SWTOR footstep and be f2p within a year.

On the topic, I don’t think it is going to be that much of an issue. The LS provided us storymaterial for about 1hour every 2 weeks and the rest of the time was to grind for AP and whatever little stuffs that came along with the patch. So the only thing that is going to be gone for some time is the living story zergfarming. I don’t think it will hurt the game that much. There’s still loads of funnier things to do than mindlessly running around zerging. We always have the champtrain to cover up for that.

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

and I bet a lot of those players are off playing other games in the meantime. I know I got bored of it. Hearthstone just got out of beta so at least we have that for the next 10 days :P

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

^ This.

Personally, I’ll enjoy having some time to mess around on alts and just catch up on the gear treadmill instead of having to stress about missing some big limited time item that’s part of some living story achievement.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Wouldn’t you think? Really nothing for us to do at the moment… I mean really you could of had that bar scene in-game during the battle anyways.

no counter looter events maybe?

What makes you think we get anything of value in two weeks? In matters of PvE we are done for some time.

Celtic Lady.3729

Think they’re referring to the new WvW season but I could be wrong.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Take this time to work on other things (and if you have done all of them go and play another game, a break will be good):

- Finish achievements from other categories (exploration, jumping puzzles, hero, etc…)
- Level a new character or fully explore a map (and please don’t forget to explore the level 80 zones, yesterday got 40 orichalcum ore and 2 exotics, one of them had rune of the traveler ).
- Work on all crafting professions.
- Farm relevant materials for upcoming releases.
- Hop on the champion farm train, run lots of dungeons.
- Earn some PvP ranks (gives you silver/gold per match).

There’s lots of things to do and I’m glad that there’s a small breather to progress on some other things (I hated the wintersday break so much, they deserved it but it was too long).

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

ESO will end up free to play within one year. Sure it will start off big but many wont resubscribe…especially if the end game content is lacking

Celtic Lady.3729

Really? You think? With 20 million or so fans of their games? Why wouldn’t they subscribe?

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

people forget eso isn’t limited to PC only

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I will laugh so hard, if ESO tells all those nay sayers a lesson on how something they don’t expect to work will actually do.

Don’t get me wrong, I won’t buy it, but all those people here expecting it to go F2P or having no long term influx on GW2 might get their eyes opened.

I played the beta up to level 25 and it is actually a solid game. And well, players can hardly get less endgame content as they get in GW2…

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

The only thing dangerous to GW2 right now is ESO but that place is going to be a ghost town in less than a month.

fixed

In my opinion ESO is not dangerous to GW2 in any way as ESO is B2P+P2P+$shop. And I’ve played it a lot during beta but it’s nothing special. Just another generic mmo with a Tamriel sticker on it.

You are right but i personaly expect less people in GW2 for nex month or two like Celtic Lady said. Many people will buy that game and will be in that game for some time. But i expect most to return to their previous games becouse of subscriptions. Many people now are like ,,Oh i don’t mind subscritions becouse they garatue great content and it will be awesome and people that complain about it are stupid" But i think we all now how it works…..

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

people forget eso isn’t limited to PC only

And other people forget that PS and Xbox players aren’t used to subscription model in their games :-)

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

Really? You think? With 20 million or so fans of their games? Why wouldn’t they subscribe?

Not everyone who plays their games wants to play an online version of it.

When I was on the beta there were too many people complaining about the fact there will be no auction house, and alot of people didn’t like the crafting system or the PVP.
Also its 2014. Times have changed…the age of the monthly fee for MMOs is dying.

I will say this…it was very smart of them to not trap us in the starter areas as they were painfully tedious.

Aveneo.2068

Because that assumption is a little shortsighted in my humble opinion; no offense.

You may assume they could cash in big based on the millions of copies they sold for Skyrim and previous titles. However, most fans play the Elder Scrolls games because of the singleplayer experience and its extensive modding tools. Nobody asked for a generic mmo with an Elder Scrolls label slapped on.

Now if ESO had been B2P like GW2, it might have been competition. But not when they want to charge you $60 for the box with $15 a month on top of that and a cash-shop.

No, most fans will probably try ESO for the free month and then go back to playing/modding Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind and just forget about ESO. I’ve been a fan of the Elder Scrolls series since Daggerfall, but I couldn’t care one bit for ESO as I’m not going to buy a game and then pay rent in order to access my character.

So GW2 has nothing to fear from ESO as far as I can see.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Nah…you either choose to compete with a brand new shiney game or not…

Anet have got it right…chill out a month or two, then release more free content for GW2. At that point the shine will have worn off the new game somewhat and the choice will be play GW2 for free whenever I want or pay $15/month for a inferior product.

Basically, GW2 should come out fighting in a month or so…no point now…

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Considering the ES games would be nothing without the mod support………………

Posted by: Abaia.1365

Abaia.1365

Compared to eleventy-billion Star Wars fans? How’d that work out for EA?

Sure, lots of people will try ESO. Then they’ll realize how superficially it resembles an Elder Scrolls game. All the freedom and depth they enjoyed in Skyrim or Morrowind is missing. In its place: just another crummy generic MMO—with a monthly sub and a cash shop.

But the graphics sure are pretty!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

fixed

Not to mention how huge my character’s feet are.

Character models are 9/10ths of the law.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Huge ES fan here. I mean huge. At least 1500+ hours across all games.

I will not be playing ESO for a couple of reasons.

a) It is subscription based. That type of MMO is dead, they are only hurting themselves by trying to do it. WoW is the only exception and that’s because it started as P2P when that was pretty much your only choice and was extremely popular and has such a giant group of loyal fans that they will pay for it until the end. New games do not have this luxury.
b) I’ve played the beta, and honestly, it just didn’t do it for me as an MMO. To me ES is a single player experience and trying to do it as an MMO just felt weird lol. And this is coming from a die-hard fan of the series.

I consider it along the lines of FF MMOs. I love FF games, but the FF MMOs just don’t do it for me, and I know others who are big fans of the single player series feel the same way.

I fully expect the game to go B2P/F2P within a year. Time will tell.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I can finally level my first Sylvari (2nd Elementalist) lol.

idk, this break is a little needed for me, I can enjoy the game before it’s time for another Living World

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

Is just 10 days. Time to go back and do what you enjoy in game. ESO comes out on the 30th, by then, we will have the WvW season starting to get everyone back in the flow.

That said, the whole 15/mo as an excuse NOT to play that game seems ridiculous. Every single hardcore fan of GW2 I know, have spent well in excess of that amount for gems (extra bags, collection expanders, etc.). I certainly have spent well, well over the 15/mo in gems. Well over that…

In fact, if anything, the gem shop opened my mind to the incredible savings that 15/mo will bring to my wallet.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’m glad to have this break tbh… was getting burnt out.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

Seriously, there’s so much to do in this game. Go get your world completion star. Go talk to any NPC with a name. Jumping puzzles, new WvW season, play something else? :o

Also, lol @ anyone that thinks ESO won’t be f2p within six months of release. “All it makes me want to do is play Skyrim.”

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Diablo 3 is the real competition.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Kah-Bam!

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Celtic Lady.3729

Good one.

Aveneo.2068

fixed

It’s the AvA that will grab players from GW2 WvW, AvA far superior in every way.

Well, if they want to pay $60+$15/month on ESO because of that single aspect they are more than welcome to. Myself I’m happy enough with the ‘inferior’ WvW in Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Followedbyrocks.8751

Followedbyrocks.8751

I personally am going to enjoy the break, it’s been ages since I’ve had time to actually play the base game and not worry about the LS. The 2 week schedule was just too much in my opinion.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I can’t decide if the comments about the ‘other’ games are real, sarcasm, or wishful thinking. Regardless, Guild Wars 2 will be fine.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I’m actually thankful for the break in content. It’s nice to play the original game the way you want, and have time to save up some gold before the next big stuff hits. I can go explore places that I haven’t seen in a while without feeling like I am missing greater rewards elsewhere.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Is just 10 days. Time to go back and do what you enjoy in game. ESO comes out on the 30th, by then, we will have the WvW season starting to get everyone back in the flow.

That said, the whole 15/mo as an excuse NOT to play that game seems ridiculous. Every single hardcore fan of GW2 I know, have spent well in excess of that amount for gems (extra bags, collection expanders, etc.). I certainly have spent well, well over the 15/mo in gems. Well over that…

In fact, if anything, the gem shop opened my mind to the incredible savings that 15/mo will bring to my wallet.

You do have a point by saying that a lot have spent way over the 15$/month of a subscription in GW2 but you are not seeing how different that model is as it does not force you to pay more to actually play.

You could argue about P2W and what you deem is a necessity to play that is in the gems store but in the end since you bought the game you can always log in and play. No gems store item will take this away from you. A subscription simply forces you to pay and that concept is the one that many (myself included) do not accept. I am never gonna accept to be OBLIGED to pay for a product I have already paid for, but buying micro-transactions? I am already hundreds of dollars past that point.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Nothing? I’m playing the hell of out Diablo III! Pretty fun after 2.0. You do stuffs, you get rewarded (there’s even a code to guarantee you won’t play too long before getting at least something decent, and there’s guaranteed legendary in campaign after doing all quests, and it’ll get better with adventure mode), and you get to do crazy stuff and get even more rewards with the rewards! The new legendary properties in gear are truly legendary now, from the funny ones to the ones that would clearly be overpowered in the old Diablo III.

Just look at Guild Wars 2 right now. Do the entire story: 3 greens that I don’t need because I already wear exotics, a scroll of negligible influence, and a crappy unique skin that looks nice at first glance but then it’s disappointing when looking closely, because not only the skin is not unlocked for the account when obtained, it’s just rare when you are already level 80 and likely using exotics, and has a poorly polished skin unbecoming of an end-game reward (I got the trident, it becomes nearly invisible from the side because it’s thin as paper). No way to reset or replay the story excepting making another character either.

Do all paths and story of a dungeon, you get barely enough for a gauntlet, boot or helm.

Do all paths of all dungeons, and you won’t get bonus rewards like with GW1’s dungeon storybooks, so doing the fastests ones every day gives better rewards than having some variety. And your tokens will be all mixed up. Doing all paths and stories should give a couple of stacks of a generic token you can exchange for any of the other tokens, so after doing them all you could exchange the generic tokens for the tokens of one of the dungeons, and get at least half a complete armor set of one of the dungeons, instead just a freaking boot.

Maybe I’ll try some more fractals, to see if they truly revamped reward, but considering it took me over 400 fractals just to be able to infuse ONE ring, because infused rings never dropped for me not even way after level 30, and barely did mists essences, and you can’t even get mists essences with fractal relics, or salvage ascended rings to get some relics and/or mists essences.

So… not having high hopes here.

Good one.

Jay “I think I know what’s best for everyone, but I don’t” Wilson left. The new team is listening to players and making quite decent changes according to feedback. Diablo III 2.0 has become much closer to what the game should have been from the start, and as it is it’s already fun. And they are planning more promising things. Yeah, trading has been sacrificed in the process… but the game never was about making gold with inflation at the expense of other players, but by killing demons, and you can still trade legendaries with the players in the current game, and give away materials, gems and decent rares to your friends.

If I had to choose between a new DIII 30-50€ expansion or spending 30-50€ in gems just to get some skin that won’t even be unlocked for the account as it should but used up for a single piece of equipment for a single character and require spending splitters and crystals to use it with any other character, and some keys to open some crappy chests that will give me some unidentified dyes and some boosters I won’t use because they last hours instead adding up to a pool of “bonus” that is spent on specific actions per action instead spend on nothing if I’m idle, and I don’t do things like crafting for an entire hour… well.. I’ll go for the expansion that gives me guaranteed stuff for all characters of my account and guaranteed fun any time.

Why wouldn’t anyone?

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Good one.

Actually, with the Auction Houses closed down permanently and loot 2.0 plus Reaper of Souls its pretty kitten good now. I think its far, far better than Diablo 2 was (sacrilege, burn him, heresy), well its not a MMO, its a great filler game for when GW2 lets you down. Its soooo kitten good when a set/legendary drops and you get that solid thud, green/gold light to heaven, better than any drop you ever have in GW2.

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I can sum up diablo 3 in 1 sentance, in terms of gameplay. You click around a lot and occasionally press button. riveting stuff.
Guild wars 2 will be fine, it’s pvp is a joke, and dying, and the writing is awful, but it’s actually doing alright. Gameplay wise it’s still fun, wvw is decent on most servers.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I was REALLY hoping that this patch would have something to do for the next couple weeks before ESO launch.. instead.. they took content AWAY.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah, in between the extremes of too much and not enough is what we call balance.

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

In regards to content, it’s quantity vs. quality — there needs to be a reasonable balance. The last patch (before this “maintenance”), for example, required 5-8 additional “patches” for content that was prepared presumably months in advance. This is a common trend for their content, and it causes some players great frustration — to the point where some consider their time (hours) “wasted”.

(edit) Looks like the poster I was (mainly) replying to deleted their post.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

That’s ok, I have titanfall.

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

(edit) Looks like the poster I was (mainly) replying to deleted their post.

Yeah, that was me. For the record you make good points, I just realized I didn’t want to debate tonight.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

All aboard the hype train! Next stop:

Disappointment-station, adjoining with Bummer district.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I don’t get why people bash subscription models, you understand the funds for more content has to come from somewhere right? Subscriptions are like salaries, you’re gonna get paid a known amount at regular intervals so you can determine your spending accordingly. They can carry employees and credit that they know they can pay for AND they have to give you a reason to play every month. These free to play cash shop games have essentially no obligation to pump out new content and run off a completely variable income. They sell you pretty skins so you can stand around in LA/vigil keep looking pretty and doing nothing, and they release them periodically so you feel like your budget allows you to spend. $15/month isn’t even that much money, if you can get in 15 hours a month (3.5 hours per week) you’re paying $1 for an hour of entertainment.

Posted by: NEOCROM.8957

NEOCROM.8957

Loool, you really are a LS dependant? Try do some dungeons, try farm some bosses, go wvw/pvp with the guild.
@Celtic ESO will uber fail in few months, trust me.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

T/ESO is already irrelevant. Unless they can pull something epic out of their kitten last minute or go ftp. But even that being mentioned, who’s to say users cannot do both? Plus, users can use the break. They don’t have to worry about completing meta achievements in a short time.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

all previous elder scrolls games are single player role playing games, one time purchase, no monthly subscriptions. go figure.