Marjory and Kasmeer behind everything?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Thanks to MattVisual…just watched his youtube video about the secret coordinates in the new website

atlas.guildwars2.com/en/

coords: 11546, 11402

LISTEN TO THAT BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER!!! SPOILERS!!!!
Did Marjory and Kasmeer fabricate all of this to have a case to solve?

I don’t know how they could have, but that sounds awfully suspicious…

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well considering this “case” started long before either of them were involved I’d say…

No. Check your tinfoil hat. I think it’s leaking.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Well considering this “case” started long before either of them were involved I’d say…

No. Check your tinfoil hat. I think it’s leaking.

they still “existed”….we just hadn’t met them yet

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Inb4 Marjory is an illusion

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Actually I think it’s secretly Snaff, who’s been resurrected by Zhaitan and is now having his revenge on the world that allowed him to die.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Actually I think it’s secretly Snaff, who’s been resurrected by Zhaitan and is now having his revenge on the world that allowed him to die.

Don’t forget that Scarlet is behind this too.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I like this. Maybe Kasmeer’s tragic past made her jaded and she conjured up an illusion to be her perfect companion to escape her loneliness and pain. All this while we thought that arguments about curtain color were bad writing, but it was just a window into Kasmeer’s demented mind. Bravo to the writing team!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

That would conflict with my Kasmeer is a Mesmer clone theory.
A clone created just before the real Kasmeer died using the strongest Mesmer magic in existence and will only disappear when it completes it’s mission.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

ahah, that’s kind of funny
but now i just feel sad that gw2 hasn’t been building a well in depth enough storyline that there are theories like this.. i’m not saying it’s a bad story, or that it even lacks interactive elements.. just that a lot of people probably feel disconnected from it at this point

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

“We need a case.”
“Lets burn down half of tyria!”

No..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I like this. Maybe Kasmeer’s tragic past made her jaded and she conjured up an illusion to be her perfect companion to escape her loneliness and pain. All this while we thought that arguments about curtain color were bad writing, but it was just a window into Kasmeer’s demented mind. Bravo to the writing team!

Nah, Marjory is Kasmeer’s inflatable love doll which she made into a living person since she had no family/friends.

Well, apparently they are about to re-make Wierd Science

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Nah you got it all wrong. It’s actually the toilet guy that was trying to find a water closet before… since he never actually found one, he made a deal with Scarlet and now she’s breaching into the waters of LA, making possibly the biggest sewer system in all of Tyria. All will be made clear next week, so keep your conspiracy hat on and stay tuned!

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

That line was just an attempt to explain why Marjory and Kasmeer were two of the most prominent NPCs in the story this last year.

Apparently we are supposed to believe that their boredom is a stronger motivation to take on a terrorist creating bioweapons, pulling the puppet strings of multiple armies, attempting to assassinate a cultural leader, building a giant laser weapon outside Priory HQ and now razing a city and slaughtering thousands, a stronger motivation than the other NPC heroes of Tyria had. Marjory and Kasmeer’s boredom resulted in them being more prominent than the three orders, the Pact, Destiny’s Edge, the Captain’s Council, the Lionguard, insert other more believable NPC protagonist who took a back seat so these two bored detectives could have a prominent role in the story. Apparently the other NPCs weren’t bored enough.

I do really like the idea that Marjory is an illusion. It’s not true, but a mesmer who’s mind is so broken she fabricated a friend and used her magic to make her “real”… that would be really interesting, especially if their mind broke any more. We’ve had enemy mesmers use illusion magic in a big way before, but the plot twist of an ally who’s mind is broken and is deluding themselves (and tricking us), that’s so cool.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I do really like the idea that Marjory is an illusion. It’s not true, but a mesmer who’s mind is so broken she fabricated a friend and used her magic to make her “real”… that would be really interesting, especially if their mind broke any more. We’ve had enemy mesmers use illusion magic in a big way before, but the plot twist of an ally who’s mind is broken and is deluding themselves (and tricking us), that’s so cool.

What if all of this is just one big Kasmeer illusion? Her broken mind yearning for purpose creates an illusion even she can’t tell is false. Scarlet, Destiny’s Edge v2.0, Steam Creatures from the future, far-fetched alliances…all of it!!

Lol ok I don’t believe that … but it’s fun coming up with theses “theories.”

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’m interested in this notion too, because it has a St. Elsewhere/Donnie Darko/Far Scape flavor to it.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

Marjory and Scarlet are both illusions created by Kasmeer, remember during the queen’s jubilee how scarlet was “blinking” all over the place and then was floating during the cutscene?… then how did kasmeer manage to gather all those armies? well, mind control! she’s a mesmer remember?

also there is the weird fact that no one has actually had direct contact with scarlet during any LS patch, even when we fought her she never got hurt, she just disapeared every time… then all the people who taught her stuff? well that never happened, all fake memories set up by Kasmeer.

now that we know the truth… why did Kasmeer do that? well that I don’t know… but mark my words for this will confirm my theory, at the end of this LS arc Marjory will be dead/disappear at the same time that scarlet will be gone.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Maybe Kasmeer being a human female is an illusion.

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

Scarlet and LezBeFriends duo are illusions created by the Queen. It’s obvious.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t know. I think if she could do that then she should be able to create some shoes for herself.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

I don’t know. I think if she could do that then she should be able to create some shoes for herself.

she’s actually making them invisible