OK I seriously don't buy this

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

Who wrote this plot? I had seen people act more logically in Disney films.
What I am talking about is how easily Scarlet managed to destroy Lion’s Arch.
Seriously what’s it going to take for LA to see a real threat when warned about it?
I mean just 2 years prior to it LA suffered 2 major attacks! First from Zhaitan and then from the Karka. They really need only 2 years to become carefree again?
I am not saying that Scarlet should have lost the battle instantly. But there should be at least some real resistance preventing her from landing in LA and starting her digging operation just like that.
Question: WHERE IS THE PACT AND THE AIRSHIPS THEY USED TO FIGHT ZHAITAN?
Even if I were to believe they all got destroyed you would think they build new ones after 2 years right? So why aren’t any of them fighting the aetherblade airships? And is the pact on a 2 year vacation or what? I mean they defeated Zhaitan but celebrating for 2 years when there are 4 other dragons left is a bit too much. And aren’t our characters suppose to be commanders of the pact?
I mean if this was for real I would instantly go to Fort Trinity and say “Soldiers of the pact the terrorist Scarlet is going to attack Lion’s Arch we must not let that happen!”

The only explanation would be that everyone lost hope and want to live their life to the fullest for as long as they can. Yeah well that would make sense but BEFORE Zhaitan was defeated and not AFTER. At this point everyone who lost hope should have regained it and joined the fight because now it is clear that it is possible to stop this apocalypse.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Lol, I’d take it even further back than Scarlet attacking LA, and simply asking why no one even noticed her people putting all those drills up all over the place. Like, how would you not notice that and investigate? I guess we have to put it down to “poetic license”.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Soooooo… I take it you didn’t read the story from the previous patches?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Dead_End:_A_Study_in_Scarlet

Near the bottom:

Marjory Delaqua: Mai Trin is preparing the Aetherblades in the Mists for a big attack. There’s a Mists portal in Lion’s Arch.
Kasmeer Meade: Jory, Lion’s Arch is her target. We have to warn Ellen.
Marjory Delaqua: I’ll warn her. I’ll let you know when I hear back. Make your preparations.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Edge_of_the_Mists_

And a letter we got (which I believe most people doesn’t seem to read):

“Kiel’s been pushing to build up the air defenses around Lion’s Arch, but the rest of the Captain’s Council won’t get on board. They say Scarlet isn’t their problem—that she wouldn’t strike the Arch again so soon after Dragon Bash, or that they’ve already withstood one of her attacks and don’t need additional resources to withstand another.”

So they did tried to prevent the attack, but the ones to blame here is the Captain’s Council, serves them right.

Now I don’t really care about the story so all this is just “meh” to me, as long as there is something to do I’m fine, I guess things like this would kitten people off but there is a reason why she got in there so easily.

The story doesn’t comes only from the videos…

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Rikimaru.7890

No you just didn’t read what I said clearly. I said that LA suffered 2 major attacks 2 years prior. So even the dumbest council in the world would care more than that. More over even if kittened they would rather order security extremes after the 2 attacks than to allow their own lives to be at risk again.

Posted by: Echou.1923

Echou.1923

I thought Pact is still busy culling the remaining undead in Orr.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

They’re not very efficient, it seems like they’ve been at it for almost two years now and nothing seems to be happening at Orr.

ghost.3208

Seriously what’s it going to take for LA to see a real threat when warned about it?
I mean just 2 years prior to it LA suffered 2 major attacks! First from Zhaitan and then from the Karka. They really need only 2 years to become carefree again?
I am not saying that Scarlet should have lost the battle instantly. But there should be at least some real resistance preventing her from landing in LA and starting her digging operation just like that.

I did read and I was replying to the part above, there was no real resistance (as you said) because guess what:

Lion’s Arch has the dumbest council in the universe. Even when Kiel warned them they didn’t cared, on top of that Magnus was saying things like “Boy it feels good to be out on the field again” or something like that.

Yeah it feels good when the city is in ruins thanks to them…

Now the question is did you read my post? Because there is the reason why the council is so dumb: “They say Scarlet isn’t their problem—that she wouldn’t strike the Arch again so soon after Dragon Bash, or that they’ve already withstood one of her attacks and don’t need additional resources to withstand another.”

edit: Oh and just in case, yeah I agree with you the story hasn’t really drawn me in, maybe part of the reason why I don’t really care. Still doesn’t takes merit off that the reasons of LA’s destruction was detailed before.

#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

(edited by ghost.3208)

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Ha. I just did the watch the dead eye mission and heard Trehearne talk about how the airships are the best combination of Charr and Asura technology and will establish air superiority.

Cut to LS where a few airships = totally unpreventable attack.

Yeah, the plot was awful and not one bit of it made the slightest sense. Like one of those movies you want to turn off because its so insulting to the viewer. Just pray they don’t do another living story and focus on actually implementing content and features.

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

That would be Angel McCoy.

snip

They are written in a way that they are idiots and that their moronic ideas would get them invade. It doesn’t matter how many people know taht its going to invade, all it matter is for LS writers to write up a horrible way for their pet OC to invade the stupid city, a feat not even an Elder Dragon has because they aren’t as mary sue as Scarlet.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

To be fair the airships probably require some sort of fuel. Which would suggest that they couldn’t really have Airships constantly patrolling the skies over Lion’s Arch. They had no idea when (or even if) an attack would come after all.

And it is quite likely that most of the airships were still around Orr defending against the champions of Zhaitan.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Rikimaru.7890

Now the question is did you read my post?

Yes I did remember that that kind of thinking made them lose Claw Island. So you would think they would understand that they are not safe at all. So like I said I don’t buy them being that dumb.

Echou.1923

They’re not very efficient, it seems like they’ve been at it for almost two years now and nothing seems to be happening at Orr.

Please note that Orr is a mini-zombie apocalypse. Whoever is slain by Risen turns into one. Do you expect the Pact to kill every single undead without casualties?

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Even if I were to believe they all got destroyed you would think they build new ones after 2 years right? So why aren’t any of them fighting the aetherblade airships? And is the pact on a 2 year vacation or what? I mean they defeated Zhaitan but celebrating for 2 years when there are 4 other dragons left is a bit too much. And aren’t our characters suppose to be commanders of the pact?
I mean if this was for real I would instantly go to Fort Trinity and say “Soldiers of the pact the terrorist Scarlet is going to attack Lion’s Arch we must not let that happen!”

The only explanation would be that everyone lost hope and want to live their life to the fullest for as long as they can. Yeah well that would make sense but BEFORE Zhaitan was defeated and not AFTER. At this point everyone who lost hope should have regained it and joined the fight because now it is clear that it is possible to stop this apocalypse.

Hundreds, indeed thousands of magic users and we didn’t have any wards up?

I agree, the illogic is palpable.

Some of the story is just plain in your face but doesn’t move the story forward or add depth.

Oh! But wait it gets better – while you are fighting and dying, Rox and Braham are standing there in the town square when every other FAMOUS NPC rezzes.

The illogic continues.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

ghost.3208

Oh! But wait it gets better – while you are fighting and dying, Rox and Braham are standing there in the town square when every other FAMOUS NPC rezzes.

Yeah that’s one aside from 2 other reasons why I love Kasmeer, I got disconnected during the Scarlet fight on the Breachmaker. I logged some minutes later and found myself dead, alone on the platform, but even so Kasmeer took her time from fighting and started rezzing me

#LongLiveKasmeer

#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

try to wrap your head around this, it takes an uncountable amount of heat and air power to lift that drill.
better yet, that thing is enormous and they didn’t even see it coming……WTF?
they see little crabs coming miles away but a huge drill bigger then any transportation or building in existence is to small to see?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

try to wrap your head around this, it takes an uncountable amount of heat and air power to lift that drill.
better yet, that thing is enormous and they didn’t even see it coming……WTF?
they see little crabs coming miles away but a huge drill bigger then any transportation or building in existence is to small to see?

We know Scarlet could use portals.
So technically she might just have teleported it in just above LA.
Or simply flown over the clouds and thus been “invisible”.
Or why not simply use an illusion to hide it? Which she has done before.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I’m more interested to know, WHERE she built the Drill. If there is a factory somewhere capable of building a drill THAT huge (it’s bigger than an entire fleet of airships combined) then whoever is in charge now (Mai Trin probably) can launch more and more attacks in LA, or any other town.

Also, let’s say that the Aetherblades DO own such a huge factory, where do they get the materials to construct it in the first place? I believe Caudecus is backing the Aetherblades, it’s the only logical explanation!

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

The wife and I were talking about this thread and she has pointed out that LA was attacked 3 times before Scarlett:

Zhaitan
Mad King Thorn (counts since he busted through the lion statue)
Karka

Lions Arch should have reinforced the city’s defenses LOONNNGGGG before they even figured out that Scarlett was going to attack.

LA deserves to STAY buried now.

Time to contract the Asurans and Charrs to put proper defenses in the 5 capitols.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Please note that Orr is a mini-zombie apocalypse. Whoever is slain by Risen turns into one. Do you expect the Pact to kill every single undead without casualties?

I’m not the expert on lore, but I thought that Zhaitan was the force behind all the risen and that they don’t follow generic zombie movie tropes. Now that Zhaitan is gone, you’d expect there to be less risen?

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

be grateful that there wasn’t any singing every 3 – 5 minutes

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: Carcerus.9107

Carcerus.9107

The personal stories were one of the weaker parts of the vanilla game already. Among the strengths, IMO, were really awesome world design and its attention to visual detail. So naturally it made all the sense in the world to create content that told a story and added nothing to the world. /sarcasm

I’ve heard plenty of complements on the visual design and atmosphere of Lion’s Arch in this final chapter, and I have to agree, it’s great (the events themselves … eh, that’s a different story, but they can unfortunately get away with it when they’re here today, gone tomorrow). I’m hopeful that, at least over the next year, we get some well-designed, permanent zones added to the game that play to ANe’ts strengths. I’m okay with there being an overarching story about an elder dragon that ties what’s going on in the zones together, as it does in Orr, but I don’t need the story completely spoonfed to me in the format used for the PS and LS. That aspect of the game was bad from day one and did not get better after a year and a half, so stop putting so much emphasis on it.

Echou.1923

Konig explained it quite well on Rp forums.

Unless I completely misundrestood the text, every Risen carry Dragon corruption. When a person is overwhelmed by the Risen horde he will turn into one. By Zhaitan’s death the dragon magic is weakening but there are still couple of Risen around.

The Pact could also be stationed in Orr because of the Arah investigations.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

And aren’t our characters suppose to be commanders of the pact?

Lol’d. I had this same thought when I first got the letter about the Captain’s Council not doing jack squat. Like…what’s stopping us from using our leadership position in the Pact to bring them all to Lion’s Arch and be like, “Yo!”

Of course, even after you’re already established as the Commander of the Pact and haven’t completed the story, Quartermaster Hargrove will say:

“Quartermaster Hargrove, at your service. I’ve got weapons for you – if you’ve got the proper title and rank, that is. Can’t give these beauties to just anyone, you know.”

Because, you know, second-in-command is sooo far down the list of ranks.

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

Ok, so the pact airships werent deployed prior. Where are they now? I’ve been blasted from the sky from lasers since this mess started and I would assume by now some one would have called them in to LA!

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

The wife and I were talking about this thread and she has pointed out that LA was attacked 3 times before Scarlett:

Zhaitan
Mad King Thorn (counts since he busted through the lion statue)
Karka

Lions Arch should have reinforced the city’s defenses LOONNNGGGG before they even figured out that Scarlett was going to attack.

LA deserves to STAY buried now.

Time to contract the Asurans and Charrs to put proper defenses in the 5 capitols.

Or Norns to construct turrets with bears on the top that shoot tiny bears. But in all seriousness, LA indeed deserve to be buried down for not preparing itself to attacks.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s because the people voted Kiel onto the Captain’s Council. Had Evon Gnashblade been there, LA wouldn’t have been destroyed. He is the people’s charr afterall. He would have had Black Lion Mega Lasers pointed towards the sky within a day.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I’m not the expert on lore, but I thought that Zhaitan was the force behind all the risen and that they don’t follow generic zombie movie tropes. Now that Zhaitan is gone, you’d expect there to be less risen?

The Risen can spread with or without Zhaitan. Difference being that they aren’t half as organised as they used to be.

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Lol, I’d take it even further back than Scarlet attacking LA, and simply asking why no one even noticed her people putting all those drills up all over the place.

No kidding. There was one right outside the Order of Whispers headquarters and they didn’t even seem to notice.

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Fear not this night…

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Well to be fair.
For a world which supposedly fights against magic, dragons and otherworldly beasts on a regular basis it is really a lackluster display of competence the writers put in this

Yes there is suspension of disbelief, but if we belief this is the world the people of Tyria live in, then their reactiontime to Scarlet was very suboptimal.
Even considering time differences there was enough time to crack Scarlets defences at least three months ago, heck even after the queens jubilee…

However that is beside the point.

If we only speak of LA, then there were very luckluster defences on display in general.
It was a costal city and since there are dragons and dragon minions around, then there should be some aerial defences at least somwhere on the outskirts.

Ignoring the timeline of before and after Zaithan then there should still be some defences around the city to hold off attacks from the sea and the land, since these are the primary attackroutes enemies could take.

Heck, the city was build by pirates in a makeshift way. There should have been dozens of traps and hidden passageways around.

Now Scarlet used “miasma”… well we have seen that before and there are enough mages around who can cast containment fields or use asura tech to do so.

The problem is basicly. This was a great attack on a city which at any time should have have defences ready to fight off different kind of attacks.
There should be specialists there to hold of against unforseen circumstances.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Well to be fair.
For a world which supposedly fights against magic, dragons and otherworldly beasts on a regular basis it is really a lackluster display of competence the writers put in this

Yes there is suspension of disbelief, but if we belief this is the world the people of Tyria live in, then their reactiontime to Scarlet was very suboptimal.
Even considering time differences there was enough time to crack Scarlets defences at least three months ago, heck even after the queens jubilee…

However that is beside the point.

If we only speak of LA, then there were very luckluster defences on display in general.
It was a costal city and since there are dragons and dragon minions around, then there should be some aerial defences at least somwhere on the outskirts.

Ignoring the timeline of before and after Zaithan then there should still be some defences around the city to hold off attacks from the sea and the land, since these are the primary attackroutes enemies could take.

Heck, the city was build by pirates in a makeshift way. There should have been dozens of traps and hidden passageways around.

Now Scarlet used “miasma”… well we have seen that before and there are enough mages around who can cast containment fields or use asura tech to do so.

The problem is basicly. This was a great attack on a city which at any time should have have defences ready to fight off different kind of attacks.
There should be specialists there to hold of against unforseen circumstances.

According to the Seas of Sorrow novel, the way Lion’s Arch was build was mostly to make it impervious to attacks, by land because it’s surrounded by mountains and by sea because there’s only one entrance, which is guarded by the heavily armored Claw Island. Airships are a relatively new technology to tyria, which is probably why they weren’t really prepared for it. Also, IMHO, the council proved to be the weakest link in the city. According to the seas of sorrow novel, IIRC all council members had to agree on how to spend the city funds, we do know that Kiel had been pushing for defenses to be brought up against a possible Scarlet attack, most likely Magnus was as well, so that’s 2 out of 8 captains needed to actually do anything… and as anyone with some management experience knows, trying to get several people in power to agree on anything they weren’t agreeing in the first place can take a looooong time. For all we know, probably Claw Island does have some antiair defenses, but Scarlet didn’t need to go over it, she could portal ships right on top of LA.

As for the probes, well, all we know is that they suddenly started popping up everywhere, and that they were protected by an invincible energy field. We don’t know how their deployment was, for all we know a portal might open in the middle of the night, a probe comes down and turns on, only a few seconds needed.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I’m more interested to know, WHERE she built the Drill. If there is a factory somewhere capable of building a drill THAT huge (it’s bigger than an entire fleet of airships combined) then whoever is in charge now (Mai Trin probably) can launch more and more attacks in LA, or any other town.

Also, let’s say that the Aetherblades DO own such a huge factory, where do they get the materials to construct it in the first place? I believe Caudecus is backing the Aetherblades, it’s the only logical explanation!

They probably came in from the west, from the same direction where the original Aetherblade base was located before it was taken out. That points to the Dominion of Winds and parts of Magumma still unexplored.

I like the Caudecus angle, particularly since it helps explain how Queen Jenna’s prized budyguard went haywire. But I doubt we’ll find a connection, even if there is one.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

It’s because the people voted Kiel onto the Captain’s Council. Had Evon Gnashblade been there, LA wouldn’t have been destroyed. He is the people’s charr afterall. He would have had Black Lion Mega Lasers pointed towards the sky within a day.

Takes a drink

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I just can’t see the pact defending Lion’s Arch. It’s simply not their job. As far as anyone knew, it wasn’t a dragon attack, and that’s what the pact was created to defend. Lion’s Arch doesn’t belong to any of the different kingdoms, so all that was available to defend it was the lionguard. After all, why should Jenna care if some pirates get killed? Why should the pact care if some pirates are killed? Lion’s Arch chose to live as an independent city, therefore it should die as one.

Posted by: Yunigen.2897

Yunigen.2897

Considering on how senseless and illogical the personal storyline (partly) and the LS (as a whole) were, I wouldn’t mind some catchy musical and dance choreography to accompany the cutscenes.

“Clawr Island – We Must Band Together” by Trahearne
“Invasion – Die, Die, Die.” Scarlet Briar

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

According to the Seas of Sorrow novel, the way Lion’s Arch was build was mostly to make it impervious to attacks, by land because it’s surrounded by mountains and by sea because there’s only one entrance, which is guarded by the heavily armored Claw Island. Airships are a relatively new technology to tyria, which is probably why they weren’t really prepared for it.

They should have started preparing once Plaguebringer’s attack on Claw Island clearly demonstrated the need of such defenses. It’s not like it was the only flying dragon lieutenant around – Zhaitan alone had dozens of those and without aerial defenses would have turned LA to rubble long before Pact offensive even came close to Orr.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

There are actually quite a few good Disney films. You should make a more specific analogy.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I thought I read somewhere that the airships the aetherblades are using were actually stolen FROM the pact.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I thought I read somewhere that the airships the aetherblades are using were actually stolen FROM the pact.

It’s weird, I heard “some” were and there aren’t many, but they’re well-outfitted using also-filched Inquest tech. I’ve also heard they’re all stolen but no exact number on how many there were . . .

There’s not even a real consensus of how many airships the Pact had in Orr, or any other materiel on the field devoted to fighting.

So strap in, we’re heading to a Karen Traviss level problem coming as soon as someone defines just how many troops/airships/armor/artillery the Pact or LA actually had.

Edit: And by that I mean “no matter what they say, it’s gonna be a mess”. Obviously there has to be some number held somewhere in the lore and if it’s too low it won’t make any sense and if it’s too high . . . it won’t make any sense. And there won’t be a “just right” number either.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Igneel.2618

Igneel.2618

Note that our Characters are Commander of the Pact. So, when we discover this plot against LA.. instead of loosing time with the Council, we could had warned our forces and make an epic battle with Pact’s weapons and Airship. But well.. we all know how it works, in the end: without some Png (Traherne, sigh) we are nothing.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

No you just didn’t read what I said clearly. I said that LA suffered 2 major attacks 2 years prior. So even the dumbest council in the world would care more than that. More over even if kittened they would rather order security extremes after the 2 attacks than to allow their own lives to be at risk again.

Its a matter of perspective. I don’t get how the heck did Scarlet manage to get command over armies of thousands but I can understand why the Council didn’t give to cents about her.

They never fought her directly. All they experienced was a rogue bandit assassinating a council member. All they see her as is an eccentric terrorist rampaging about with a ragtag band of pirates.

’We’ve survived Elder Dragons, we’e survived wars, why should we be concerned about a crazy saladhead who got her hands on an airship?’

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

My one problem is Anet said we were to get a rival or someone to hinder US in the process of the story (personal or LS). Not that we would be hindering (and apparently failing anyway in the end, so all efforts to stop scarlet up to the end were pointless?) someone else.

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

The entire LS arc felt like it didn’t really acknowledge the existence of the Personal Story.

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

They had no idea when (or even if) an attack would come after all.

I’m just going to leave my comic here that I made for another thread…

Read the rest of the comic here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/escape/The-Intelligent-Captain-s-Council/first

Attachments:

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

People ask for realism but do you really want it? Every time your character dies you get a tombstone, lose all items and have to start from level 1. The leveling system here is easy enough where they could probably do it too.

I ask you what would be the point of getting extra personnel to defend lions arch when scarlet has a cannon that can wipe entire maps out. Ya sending infantry and fleets after someone who tosses around atomic bombs is really going to be so effective. Also i think a lot of people don’t know this but captains counsel are all pirates who are really only in it for themselves. Try pulling the loot away from a pirate is probably not likely to happen when he is alive. Before you start arguing about LS read up on the lore first. What most hurts people isn’t really the content but the disconnect between GW1 and 2. So many unanswered questions that people are waiting to be answered hence why the four winds was one of the most hyped up events. It had the strongest GW1 connection.

If one of scarlets groups was the separatists it would have made sense why she attacked the queen…This is just speculation but mabe she did that to get them on her side to form another duo of alliances. Lucky we foiled it and didn’t get 1 more month of scarlet. I still think problem with scarlet was delivery i mean she could have been talked about in one of the asura personal story quests if she is the highest graduate of all the asura colleges.

In GW1 lore was well defined where as in GW2 they are more interested in establishing modern events and making current history then back tracking on older more established stories. But I think this really does fit to the audience of GW2. I mean really how many of us watch the news? I like how maps are getting new vistas and points of intrest where all the scarlet events where the map reflects past events that honestly cant be said for most games.

Once the start pulling out the dragons I honestly don’t think a lot will complain. When there are LS back and forth invasion pushes with front lines and everthing.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

People ask for realism but do you really want it?

We’re not asking for realism. We’re asking for sense.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Scarlet: Easy come, easy go. That pretty much sums it up.

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

A: To ANYBODY saying air defenses would’ve saved LA, look around the city. A number of those chunks are the size of airships and you see the damage done.
B: Scarlet attacked in a manner NOBODY EXPECTED (leadership wise). A massive air attack by airships hasn’t been done before (toward ground targets). The Aetherblade airships flew above the clouds and dropped down right onto the city.
C: LA, as it is/was, has little natural defenses. It’s a hard city to reinforce (would be hard to build walls effectively with all the cliffs and water), and even if they had, the air bombardment and deployments would’ve ruined any hope of defense anyway.
D: The PACT was formed to FIGHT DRAGONS. The orders helped out a lot fighting Scarlet, but the pact forces were busy rebuilding, cleaning up Orr, and planning their next campaign. As Laranthir puts it, until the evidence that Scarlet was doing this kitten to stir a dragon came up, the Pact really didn’t get involved. Them charging off to fight Scarlet is out of their operations zone, and they have enough in Orr and planning another campaign to not warrent charging off trying to chase down the Aetherblade airships. Airships which I’ll note nobody knew where they were before the attack.

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Ehh, ok, even if no amount of defenses would save LA, it dosen’t mean that ther should be none, right?
And the ideology that PACT was established to fight of dragons so they have no reason to do ANYTHING other than that, is like saying that POLICE was established to fight of crimes and enforce law so they have no reason to help citizens that are in danger, thats one BIG BS right ther.
AND FFS!!! we ARE a 2nd in command in PACT, why anyone from PACT didn’t even bothered to help us, lets forget the fact that we didnt even bothered to ask for asistance from soldiers that are under us, and that was an all out invasion to both.

Ther is a limit to lack of sense in a story, and gw2 went overboard with it

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Could someone please close/lock/delete this thread? It’s not constructive and inviting a lot of arguments and insults.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]