Odgen Hammer

Odgen Hammer

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: shakome.7458

shakome.7458

has anyone see him yet?
i went to all three refuge camp but couldn’t find him. I sure hope nothing happen to him

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: SvenVolfeid.3295

SvenVolfeid.3295

He ran to the bank to check on his savings and was never seen again…..

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: agamedivine.6789

agamedivine.6789

He’s alive and well! Before and after the siege. He’s just northwest of the Activity person in Gendarren

Attachments:

Heidvalkyr
[SoX] Standard of Heroes
Jade Quarry

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: shakome.7458

shakome.7458

Thank you so much

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

By Ogden’s Hammer! What an update!

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

Thanks for the confirmation of his survival, agamedivine! If there was only one person who made it out, I wanted it to be him.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

Does he still say his line in the new area?

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

On subject of refugees, has anybody been able to spot the Skritt couple? The one where the female Skritt tells the male to stay with her where it’s safe instead of going into the sewers?

Idummo why, but I actually wanna know what happened to those two.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

So has anyone figured out who died? Anet said that one of the memorable characters died.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Anyone see the range for that rocket item you had to use to get to the vista on the small pillar? It has a range of 500,000 in the tooltip (it’s a typo).

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Anyone see the brat that was on top of the Lions statues at the top of the city?

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

So has anyone figured out who died? Anet said that one of the memorable characters died.

The guy asking where the outhouse was. The reason? He was in the outhouse when the city was attacked.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

My day is made anytime this gets linked. <3

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The guy asking where the outhouse was. The reason? He was in the outhouse when the city was attacked.

Such terrible tragedy, after all this time, it’s like a lyric in a Alanis Morrisette song.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

I hope that “bad salad joke” died!

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

OMG I can’t get this out of my head!

Brilliant!

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Looks like someone was REALLY bored at some point…

Hm, while I am familiar with the saying “by ogden’s hammer”, I don’t remember that NPC at all. Neither do I remember the “what savings” part… that might be cause I’m playing with the german version, but I also don’t remember anything similar to what I would translate it to. Hmmm… where was this NPC btw? Where was he standing? What did he do?

Odgen Hammer

RyuDragnier.9476

Somebody would mention to him “Have you seen what they’re selling?” And he’d respond with “BY OGDEN’S HAMMER WHAT SAVINGS!” He was near the Mystic Forge.

[hS]

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yep, I found him as well. However…

ANet, you REALLY missed out on a golden opportunity for him to say, “By Odgen’s Hammer, what a saving!” when you talk to him.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Thanks for sharing that. I loved it.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

Lawson Marriner dies every hour on my server. Anet should make that the canonical outcome.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

Odgen Hammer

RyuDragnier.9476

Lawson Marriner dies every hour on my server. Anet should make that the canonical outcome.

But he isn’t memorable.

WAIT. NO, I JUST REALIZED WHO IT MAY BE. Please no…don’t let it be that Marcello DiGiacomo died!

[hS]

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Oh gawd no, RyuDragnier. I just found Heal-O-Tron tonight as he fled from the Seraph wanting to make him a menial and pressured Gnashblade into making him a healy tanky non-dpsy helper. He has to have Marcello to snark at!

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

I think raisin face didnt make it

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: The Boxman.2863

The Boxman.2863

Did they move Ogden’s Hammer Guy? I logged off right next to him last night in the Gendarran camp and the most recent patch replaced him with an Asura.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

it was really hard for me to get him to say “By Ogdens Hammer, What Savings!” it usually took a while before he finally said it, and then when he did, i was all like

Attachments:

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

I think raisin face didnt make it

This is the only dialog near the bank I don’t despise! It’s actually pretty awesome.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

Ho-Ho-Tron is now Heal-o-Tron, but Marcello is nowhere to be found

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Marcello is probably fine, sitting on a beach somewhere sipping fancy drinks and resting his feet on a big bag of Wintersday donation gold.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Can’t have been THAT memorable. Nobody’s noticed.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Ludwig.4138

Ludwig.4138

I think his survival should be celebrated by Anet somehow.

Coming soon to the Gem Store: Buy Ogden’s Hammer…. skin!

Or a new “By Ogden’s Hammer” shout skill. Could be for warr, guard, or my guild really thinks it should be a norn racial. Causes great savings within 15 yards.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Can’t have been THAT memorable. Nobody’s noticed.

Hopefully it was one of those “Who’d have thought a government run by pirates…” people. :P

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I don’t think Hobotron was in LA during the attack, after the attack he saw a possibility to find a new designation for himself, and a way to clear his name. According to one of the healers “He just showed up, wanting to help”.

Marcello is a lazy coward so he won’t do anything like that.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I have been looking for a lot of the memorable NPCs.
When I found the kids that played behind the bank at one of the refugee camps. I was all smiles and cheers. (we really need a /hug emote for times like this)
Moments later listening to the Quaggans comforting each other and the Asuran woman that lost her spouse, who had died in her arms then was taken away to a mass grave…

kitten you, ANet. I am emotionally invested.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: ghostwriter.5826

ghostwriter.5826

Hm, while I am familiar with the saying “by ogden’s hammer”, I don’t remember that NPC at all. Neither do I remember the “what savings” part… that might be cause I’m playing with the german version, but I also don’t remember anything similar to what I would translate it to. Hmmm… where was this NPC btw? Where was he standing? What did he do?

I think he said “Bei Ogdens Hammer! Was für Preise!” I always thought he meant high prices though… By Ogden’s Hammer, all the savings I missed!

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I’m glad the Ogden’s Hammer guy made it out.
I was wondering about the skritt couple, and the raisin face group too. I haven’t seen Marcello either. What about the band of revelers who walked around? I used to just follow them around Lion’s Arch.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Somebody would mention to him “Have you seen what they’re selling?” And he’d respond with “BY OGDEN’S HAMMER WHAT SAVINGS!” He was near the Mystic Forge.

Aaah, I see. Thanks!

I think he said “Bei Ogdens Hammer! Was für Preise!” I always thought he meant high prices though… By Ogden’s Hammer, all the savings I missed!

Thank you!

My memory was stuck at “was für”. I still don’t know how many times I’ve actually really seen that NPC, haha.

ANet, you REALLY missed out on a golden opportunity for him to say, “By Odgen’s Hammer, what a saving!” when you talk to him.

Lol; that would have been hilarious! xD

But, and here’s the catch, probably only in english.

On a sidenote; does anybody know if Ellen Kiel is somewhere to be found other than during the airship-evacuation in LA (which I’ve yet to see)? I’d be curious to see her dialogue, if we’d be able to talk to her.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

Ho-Ho-Tron is now Heal-o-Tron, but Marcello is nowhere to be found

marcello is the guy that was with ho-ho-tron right? I think i heard him looking for the robo-golem at the camp near the Vigil’s base

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

I think his survival should be celebrated by Anet somehow.

Coming soon to the Gem Store: Buy Ogden’s Hammer…. skin!

Or a new “By Ogden’s Hammer” shout skill. Could be for warr, guard, or my guild really thinks it should be a norn racial. Causes great savings within 15 yards.

oh god, this would be Priceless

Odgen Hammer

OmaiGodman.2098

the Asuran woman that lost her spouse, who had died in her arms then was taken away to a mass grave…

kitten you, ANet. I am emotionally invested.

My thoughts exactly. Had a bit of a “wtf?” moment there, didn’t expect writing this dark in GW2. People dying in a tale of adventurers is one thing, talking about the actual horrors of war is another because we know this kind of stuff happens in the real world.

This update is much closer to our physical world than a threat by a bunch of Dragons that you never get to see. Wars happen. Look at Syria right now. I think that’s why this whole thing with refugees is much more investing that a bunch of invisible dragons.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

On a sidenote; does anybody know if Ellen Kiel is somewhere to be found other than during the airship-evacuation in LA (which I’ve yet to see)? I’d be curious to see her dialogue, if we’d be able to talk to her.

I’ve heard her airship is parked over Stormbluff isle.

I know of two other Airships near LA, one is at Bad Omen Beach (parked, seemed a bit out of place…), one above Vigil Keep.

No word on the Skritt couple who were near Ogdan’s hammer guy? :<.

edit: Yes, they’ve done well with the Refugees. Just go around and talk to them, so many in shock/disbelief, others mourning their lost livelyhoods and family, one in LP outright screams at a Priory novice for asking about the attack because her son died. Another Refugee I’ve found talks about how her husband/family died and she wishes they she had died with them(or considers it). Very dark, very fitting.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m glad the Ogden’s Hammer guy made it out.
I was wondering about the skritt couple, and the raisin face group too. I haven’t seen Marcello either. What about the band of revelers who walked around? I used to just follow them around Lion’s Arch.

Oh DRAT why wasn’t that in Dulfy’s “things to do.” I always meant to follow them for a whole circuit, just once.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: OliverLogan.7145

OliverLogan.7145

It’s such a relief to learn he survived.

By Ogden’s Hammer!

Turning Dolyaks into [Slab of Red Meat] since 2012.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Think it’s time to incorporate him into the LS now as the hero of savings.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Think it’s time to incorporate him into the LS now as the hero of savings.

Well, someone needs to save LA, after all.

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

I have been looking for a lot of the memorable NPCs.
When I found the kids that played behind the bank at one of the refugee camps. I was all smiles and cheers. (we really need a /hug emote for times like this)

I was so happy when I found those kids were out safe. I ran across to greet them only for the Charr child to challenge me to a fight O.o

Odgen Hammer

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Anyone see the range for that rocket item you had to use to get to the vista on the small pillar? It has a range of 500,000 in the tooltip (it’s a typo).

Its always been like that.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Odgen Hammer

OmaiGodman.2098

Found him again

Attachments: