Rising ire against Sylvari

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Aftertouch.5437

Aftertouch.5437

So with the destruction of the city and the grieving citizens naturally looking for a scapegoat to latch on to, it’s been interesting and a little unsettling to see the reactions coming out from the different quarters, such as folks condemning the bigots and folks being racist toward the salads.

I’m hesitantly curious to see just how much ANet’s going to let this wave of discontent rise against the Sylvari and just how bad things could get and what actions could come of it.

Mostly because something like this obviously might hit close to home for people playing and plot points like this could easily backfire if the writers don’t handle it correctly.

At the very least it makes playing a sylvari a heck of a lot more engaging atm and possibly so for the near future. What do you all think?

(edited by Aftertouch.5437)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I don’t play a Sylvari, but I hear NPC’s can give hostile responses to Sylvari players talking to them (even if they are the hero – a bit odd, but prob difficult to programme out)

From an RP perspective, this is an interesting development. And is much more in keeping with the Living World ideals as well. Perhaps the world will turn on Sylvari hrto further actions from the Nightmare Court. A hostile uprising against the Pale Tree or maybe just a racial story of redemption. Some interesting possibilites could lay ahead.

Last year it was said Sylvari were going to get a big lore drive and we look like we are heading into it. They are by far the most under developed race right now.

Aftertouch.5437

I don’t play a Sylvari, but I hear NPC’s can give hostile responses to Sylvari players talking to them (even if they are the hero – a bit odd, but prob difficult to programme out)

From an RP perspective, this is an interesting development. And is much more in keeping with the Living World ideals as well. Perhaps the world will turn on Sylvari hrto further actions from the Nightmare Court. A hostile uprising against the Pale Tree or maybe just a racial story of redemption. Some interesting possibilites could lay ahead.

Last year it was said Sylvari were going to get a big lore drive and we look like we are heading into it. They are by far the most under developed race right now.

I agree with what you said, and all those story tracks would be incredibly fun to see. I just hope the writers can give the situation the nuance it deserves whichever path they take so it’s not the stereotypical tropey stuff that tends to happen with arcs like this?
I know the Living Story’s been a tad hamfisted with the plot devices but I’m optimistic they could pull off something incredible.

Riots of angry Lions Archers outside the Grove would be jawdropping, as per your example. (Also rather heartbreaking but that’s just me)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I agree with what you said, and all those story tracks would be incredibly fun to see. I just hope the writers can give the situation the nuance it deserves whichever path they take so it’s not the stereotypical tropey stuff that tends to happen with arcs like this?
I know the Living Story’s been a tad hamfisted with the plot devices but I’m optimistic they could pull off something incredible.

Riots of angry Lions Archers outside the Grove would be jawdropping, as per your example. (Also rather heartbreaking but that’s just me)

I couldn’t see it happening, but it would be more impactful then burning LA I believe. What they did with LA was big and epic, but it never sparked any real emotion for me. Just not sure LA really had the soul to do it. Burning The Grove would fire players up a lot more I think and in differing ways.

p.s I am not actually leading a rebellion against the Sylvari or Pale Tree btw, just exploring an idea…before my Wanted poster goes up in Caledon Forest

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I actually suggested that they should do something like this a while back. We’ve seen how people react to things like this, they find a target and lash out at it. The more “different” that target is, the better.

They may not go anywhere with it, but it’s good that it’s in the game for the moment.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I, too am interested in seeing how all this plays out.

I remember back in the glory days of EQ1, that some races were considered “dark” while others were considered “light” and their NPCs reacted accordingly. There were realms that you didn’t go into if you were human, and others you didn’t go into if you were a dark elf.

I do hope that GW2 brings some interesting nuances into the whole issue, and that the Sylvari as a race will come out of it with some bruises, but still be ok.

I also agree that the developers need to handle it very carefully.

Level 80 Elementalist

Aftertouch.5437

I couldn’t see it happening, but it would be more impactful then burning LA I believe. What they did with LA was big and epic, but it never sparked any real emotion for me. Just not sure LA really had the soul to do it. Burning The Grove would fire players up a lot more I think and in differing ways.

p.s I am not actually leading a rebellion against the Sylvari or Pale Tree btw, just exploring an idea

It’d be a shocker for sure. It’d be an ugly scene ESPECIALLY if it was borne out of racism toward the Sylvari. I know I’d be emotionally invested. But yeah, I’d be amazed if ANet actually torched the Grove, considering one of the main tenets of the Sylvari race is how noble and kindhearted most of them are with the Pale Tree.

Aftertouch.5437

I, too am interested in seeing how all this plays out.

I remember back in the glory days of EQ1, that some races were considered “dark” while others were considered “light” and their NPCs reacted accordingly. There were realms that you didn’t go into if you were human, and others you didn’t go into if you were a dark elf.

I do hope that GW2 brings some interesting nuances into the whole issue, and that the Sylvari as a race will come out of it with some bruises, but still be ok.

I also agree that the developers need to handle it very carefully.

Never played EQ1, but I understand where you’re coming from. I like to think that the writers are willing to explore more shades of grey with this topic and in other areas of the game, but time will tell. And yeah your hope is mine too, I’d hate for them to become outcasts, as amazing an RP standpoint that would be.

Aftertouch.5437

I actually suggested that they should do something like this a while back. We’ve seen how people react to things like this, they find a target and lash out at it. The more “different” that target is, the better.

They may not go anywhere with it, but it’s good that it’s in the game for the moment.

Indeed! I was surprised to even see it in game, wasn’t expecting something so realistic in terms of behavior.

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

p.s I am not actually leading a rebellion against the Sylvari or Pale Tree btw, just exploring an idea

It’d be a shocker for sure. It’d be an ugly scene ESPECIALLY if it was borne out of racism toward the Sylvari. I know I’d be emotionally invested. But yeah, I’d be amazed if ANet actually torched the Grove, considering one of the main tenets of the Sylvari race is how noble and kindhearted most of them are with the Pale Tree.

Yes, if a threat like this were to happen even if it was just rioting, similar to how Asians were treated in 1885 in Tacoma, WA (look it up it’s rather disgusting how racist people can be) it would be very interesting. The pact might have to intervene in a situation like that (can’t lose 1/5 of its forces that, mind you, is immune to Ziatians corruption, because they left to protect home). Although Anet would be stepping on some very sensitive issues. Or maybe I just want to see this happen because I would love to study the psychological reaction from the player base. shrugs

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Mad Pig.2890

Mad Pig.2890

Sylvari are originally dragon minions and supposedly belong to a certain dragon that hasn’t awoken(of course, now it has). Which is probably the reason that Sylvari cannot become risen. The reason that the Sylvari that aren’t killing machines is probably because of “The tablet at the base of the tree and the Dream of Dreams that guide the sylvari, who are imprinted by the morality and ethics of Ventari and the bravery of Ronan.”

A Sylvari without the protection of the tablet fall under the dragons influence (imminently?), this is proved where the first Sylvari born outside the pale tree (Cadeyrn) formed the nightmare court. Scarlet was probably turned by the dragons influence when she entered the sensory deprivation chamber.

So yeah, they kind of do have a reason to be hated and carefully watched.

You think your life is hard? You don’t even main a Ranger.
~Desolation~

(edited by Mad Pig.2890)

Embrace The Bold.7619

Carefully watched? Yes. Hated? No. Scarlet was the cause of all this suffering and pain (and a council that mass effect’s would be proud of). One person should not be a representative of all people in that race/group/ethnicity. I’d also like to point out Zojja fought influence from a dragon champion and succeeded. If anything I’d be wary about the nightmare court and trying to warn Marrik’s people of the coming threat.

The Sickest Guild NA

Aftertouch.5437

Carefully watched? Yes. Hated? No. Scarlet was the cause of all this suffering and pain (and a council that mass effect’s would be proud of). One person should not be a representative of all people in that race/group/ethnicity. I’d also like to point out Zojja fought influence from a dragon champion and succeeded. If anything I’d be wary about the nightmare court and trying to warn Marrik’s people of the coming threat.

I concur, I get the feeling the Nightmare Court’d jump on this chance to turn public opinion against the Pale Tree like a fly to honey. I’m hoping Malyck does show up, it’d be a wonderful tie-in to the personal story.

Posted by: Mad Pig.2890

Mad Pig.2890

They are first and foremost dragon minions and it is in their nature to destroy and spread chaos. The ones born from the pale tree may be an exception, but there still might be another location where Sylvari are born without the protection of the tablet.

The race is inherently and created to be evil.

You think your life is hard? You don’t even main a Ranger.
~Desolation~

Embrace The Bold.7619

I concur, I get the feeling the Nightmare Court’d jump on this chance to turn public opinion against the Pale Tree like a fly to honey. I’m hoping Malyck does show up, it’d be a wonderful tie-in to the personal story.

Yeah also did total forget his name LOL it’s been over a year I think it’s okay to forget his name :P. I’m personally hoping his tree is corrupted by the dragon (or is a dragon champion it’s self) and because his pod was separated he was never corrupted.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

All Sylvari characters will be lnyched and executed during the early stages of Season 2 making them no longer playable, though it’d clear up some room in the databases for them to add the Tengu in their place so don’t fret too much guys.

I’m joking of course.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

It was not a fight against just one sylvari. There were numerous sylvari butchering innocent women and children. The Pale Tree did nothing to stop this, she is complicit.

Embrace The Bold.7619

It was not a fight against just one sylvari. There were numerous sylvari butchering innocent women and children. The Pale Tree did nothing to stop this, she is complicit.

Well the nightmare court is a different faction of sylvari whose main goal is terrorism of the dream (the wish to corrupt the dream by showing horrible acts of violence). But yeah, the pale tree has been vary silent through out the LS. I think this is mostly due to the fact that one of the complaints about the PS is the focus on the Pale tree and the sylvari. So hopefully this is just inattentive writing on Anets end and the pale tree isn’t as uncaring as it (she?/he?) seems to be.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i figured there would be some discontent regarding sylvari with all that is going on in the storyline.. the game already has separatists and revolutionary flyers as a dungeon drop.. etc. i’m not going to contrast any real life issues, but tyrian society is an interesting part of the game

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

So I guess we should torch all humans also then.

And Norn.

And Asura.

And Charr.

DarcShriek.5829

So I guess we should torch all humans also then.

And Norn.

And Asura.

And Charr.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Posted by: TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

Death to the meat sacks

my fate is my own, I will not be Mordremoth’s slave!- Ezonos Nightbriar

Posted by: lazarus.1639

lazarus.1639

I’d love to see riots, violence and rising tension between ’’intelligent’’ races/species, however i don’t think Anet has the ba… guts to go that ’’far’’. So don’t get your hopes too high.

DarcShriek.5829

Death to the meat sacks

This is a perfect example of why we must rid Tyria of the plague known as sylvari. They are simply…Unreasonable.

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

I like what they are doing here, creating a new conflict for the Sylvari and deepening their history. I just hope Anet doesn’t overplay it.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

They are first and foremost dragon minions and it is in their nature to destroy and spread chaos. The ones born from the pale tree may be an exception, but there still might be another location where Sylvari are born without the protection of the tablet.

The race is inherently and created to be evil.

Where’s your evidence of this?

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

lol, I would have my Sylvari character rejoin Mordremoth, if that were an option…

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I hate all Sylvari now. I kick them from my dungeon groups.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

The underlying theme of GW2 at release was “United we are stronger than alone.” This goes for the orders as well as the races, with Lion’s Arch being the poster child for racial unity. It makes sense that the writers might revisit this theme in a sort of morality tale (hopefully not too heavy-handed) about the perils of racism. Certainly it has the possibility for interesting conflict when anti-sylvari groups realise that there are separatist humans and renegade Charr from Ascalon in them.

Also, I think there is a person from Bloodtide Coast’s camp who mentions anti-sylvari sentiment, so it’s something that’s definitely on the cards.

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Death to the meat sacks

This is a perfect example of why we must rid Tyria of the plague known as sylvari. They are simply…Unreasonable.

I am actually very reasonable. Look over your comment and see the irony.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Sylvari are originally dragon minions and supposedly belong to a certain dragon that hasn’t awoken(of course, now it has). Which is probably the reason that Sylvari cannot become risen. The reason that the Sylvari that aren’t killing machines is probably because of “The tablet at the base of the tree and the Dream of Dreams that guide the sylvari, who are imprinted by the morality and ethics of Ventari and the bravery of Ronan.”

A Sylvari without the protection of the tablet fall under the dragons influence (imminently?), this is proved where the first Sylvari born outside the pale tree (Cadeyrn) formed the nightmare court. Scarlet was probably turned by the dragons influence when she entered the sensory deprivation chamber.

Cadeyrn is the first of the Second born Sylvari of the Pale Tree.
He has reasons for starting the Nightmare court that is quite complex.

The Sylvari you meet who is not born of the Tree is Malyck and he despises the court and shows no evil tendencies at all.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

I’m still wishing to see a certain NPC opens the portal for Sylvari character to the Realm of Torment…

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

I hate all Sylvari now. I kick them from my dungeon groups.

Coming soon on LFG tool:

Crucible of Eternity
lf2m all paths, 6k achi,zerk, no sylvari

The Ruined City of Arah
Selling p1 8g. except Sylvari – drag your own leafy kitten s through the dungeon

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

I say death to all meat sack races and let only the superior race live
Let them all burn and we will take their kingdoms
Thank you Ceara, for allowing us to realize are true purpose of genocide of the more inferior and lessor races

Enjoy your lives while they last for soon your civilizations be nothing but ash and charred remains
Your time is up it is time for the rise of a new era, the era of the Sylvari
The heads of all your pathetic leaders will adorn my throne
But those meat sacks who accept that their place is beneath us will be spared
And now I give you but one warning, look to the skys for you wanted torment so we will rain it down from above and you can join your gods in death

(edited by TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894)

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

hahaha TheReaper – I’d always wished for the opportunity to fall into Nightmare, and now perchance will be able to dominate, instead of being called a salad or fire fodder. Ceara/Scarlet was a martyr of the one true superior race. Let our true master Mordremoth show the meat sacks the errors of their ways.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I think basically they were going for a similar ascetic of the folklore of a seelie and unseelie fey only without the truly alien morality usually described.

Example the fae placed the human on a floor of coals, not because of cruelty, but because the human ‘dances and sings’ in an amusing way. The fae in the example does not understand that what amuses them is harmful.

The nightmare court is much different in that regard as they are understand cruelty.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It was not a fight against just one sylvari. There were numerous sylvari butchering innocent women and children.

So did Aetherblade humans/norn/charr
So did the Krait
So did the Dredge

Just because one sylvari goes full tyrant on the world does not mean their entire race is to blame. In real life, humans have done things over the course of history that would make you shiver (Looking at you Hitler, Mengele, Staling and many others).

Does that mean the entire human race is to be hated and carefully watched as well?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I was thinking that, the people in LA hardly saw Scarlet (if at all), but they did see all her troops which were made up of pretty much all the major races. Why wouldn’t they be hating on them too?

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Just because one sylvari goes full tyrant on the world does not mean their entire race is to blame. In real life, humans have done things over the course of history that would make you shiver (Looking at you Hitler, Mengele, Staling and many others).

Does that mean the entire human race is to be hated and carefully watched as well?

No, but you’d be surprised how long it takes for people to become trustworthy towards oneanother again. The Dutch for example, had a longstanding resentment towards the Germans. Although not exactly hostile, it’s clear that many Dutch, especially from the WW2 generation, don’t like Germans in general. It has taken almost 70 years for them to completely ‘get over it’.

Also, I think it’s a culture shock to some that Sylvari aren’t the innocent, naïve children they appeared to be. They can be dangerous, and being the examples of nobility they used to be, this is an especially big failing for the people of Tyria.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Y’know this may explain why they chose Scarlet as the villain of this LS. The pact is just too strong to continue creating a compelling story around, it’s basically become the superman of GW2.

However, it just so happens the pact is lead by a Sylvari… and a Sylvari who provided no help against Scarlet at that. If ire continues to rise in all the races against the sylvari race the pact may be broken by internal strife and prejudices, allowing for a much more compelling story arc then ‘Follow Trahearne in to battle again’ as we face the next dragon.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

So with the destruction of the city and the grieving citizens naturally looking for a scapegoat to latch on to, it’s been interesting and a little unsettling to see the reactions coming out from the different quarters, such as folks condemning the bigots and folks being racist toward the salads.

I’m hesitantly curious to see just how much ANet’s going to let this wave of discontent rise against the Sylvari and just how bad things could get and what actions could come of it.

Mostly because something like this obviously might hit close to home for people playing and plot points like this could easily backfire if the writers don’t handle it correctly.

At the very least it makes playing a sylvari a heck of a lot more engaging atm and possibly so for the near future. What do you all think?

If Anet does go through with this, I wouldn’t mind. Racism is a subject that myself and many other Americans in this game would be familiar with. Everyone in the US has been discriminated at one time or another. Plus, It’s appropriate to use non-human races to tell the very sensitive human stories. Star Trek did this and succeeded. That show came out when there were major racial tensions between white supremacists and African Americans. That show succeeded in tearing down barriers and brought people together.

To pull this off successfully, the writers in all of the committees will need to RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!

If Anet goes in this direction, I wish them happy trails and good luck! I hope it succeeds!

BTW, I’m of a mixed background (Latin American / Asian American/ Native American/ Jewish ancestry / Armenian / White). A story like racism wouldn’t hit too close to home. It’s a common experience.

So far, Anet has succeeded in telling a 9/11-styled event (aka the Lion’s Arch / Scarlet event). I lived through 9/11, so I appreciated seeing a fictional version. Seeing something like that is like going back to the grave of an old friend or a close relative. I did get a few PTSD flashbacks during the Escape patch. When my guildees saw me slow down in-game, I got a chance to tell them about the memories that came back to me. I went through therapy a while back, so I know how to handle my PTSD episodes. That patch also helped me remember some important things from 9/11 that I’m including in my own original sci-fi novel.

kta.6502

Y’know this may explain why they chose Scarlet as the villain of this LS. The pact is just too strong to continue creating a compelling story around, it’s basically become the superman of GW2.

However, it just so happens the pact is lead by a Sylvari… and a Sylvari who provided no help against Scarlet at that. If ire continues to rise in all the races against the sylvari race the pact may be broken by internal strife and prejudices, allowing for a much more compelling story arc then ‘Follow Trahearne in to battle again’ as we face the next dragon.

The current situation with the Pact could break it which would weaken the good guys! From a storywriter’s point of view, that’s good! Back in October / November, people were whining to Anet that the Pact was too powerful and it should be broken up. It looks like those people will get their wish!

kta.6502

No, but you’d be surprised how long it takes for people to become trustworthy towards oneanother again. The Dutch for example, had a longstanding resentment towards the Germans. Although not exactly hostile, it’s clear that many Dutch, especially from the WW2 generation, don’t like Germans in general. It has taken almost 70 years for them to completely ‘get over it’.

And don’t forget what happened to Muslims and Sikh people after 9/11. Those two groups are struggling to separate themselves from the terrorists who stole their identities. In the US, there are some outspoken haters who lump the Sikh, moderate Muslims, and the terrorists together. France went extremely far by installing an anti-headscarf law because it supposedly was a symbol of oppression (which is not true btw). In other countries like the UK, there are more subtle versions of discrimination such as expecting Muslim women to show part of their hair even if they don’t want to.

With Sylvari, I’m not sure how people would subtly discriminate against them. But I can see a Pamela Geller-styled group forming and finding ways to blatantly discriminate against the tree people. I can see that Ellyna Graidy NPC in LA’s new cemetery creating an anti-sylvari group.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

True it will be hard stigma for the Sylvari to overcome, but giant killer robots are never going to recover after this.

Aftertouch.5437

If Anet does go through with this, I wouldn’t mind. Racism is a subject that myself and many other Americans in this game would be familiar with. Everyone in the US has been discriminated at one time or another. Plus, It’s appropriate to use non-human races to tell the very sensitive human stories. Star Trek did this and succeeded. That show came out when there were major racial tensions between white supremacists and African Americans. That show succeeded in tearing down barriers and brought people together.

To pull this off successfully, the writers in all of the committees will need to RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!

If Anet goes in this direction, I wish them happy trails and good luck! I hope it succeeds!
….

Wow, that was a great response. I agree fully with what you said, and I’d honestly forgotten Star Trek has done such things in the past with current event/ human issues. I’d be right there with you in supporting Anet if they do decide to shine a well-informed light on the topic!

kta.6502

The Pale Tree’s only goal is fighting the dragons. If it has nothing to do with the dragons, she’s not concerned about it. The Firstborn tend to follow her lead and those of us who are younger don’t have any power to create changes in the upper echelons of our society. Sad but true.

It’s the other races’ and governments’ fault for underestimating Scarlet and her Toxic Alliance allies. The Lionguard is especially at fault for ignoring the court back in 1325. I remember when the Lionguard told Caithe, “The Nightmare Court is not our problem.” Many of us Sylvari have always known about the threat Scarlet and her courtier allies posed and tried in vain to take them down with the help of our friends outside our culture.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Never underestimate the power of the Nightmare Court.

Lion’s Arch is a good example of what happens when people ignore terrorist threats.

— Official’s name withheld due to lack of authority to speak on behalf of the Grove

(edited by kta.6502)

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

A friend of mine has a tradition he calls “Dad joke Fridays”, as it is Friday I thought I’d share the bad joke this thread put into my mind:

At a secretive meeting of the largest anti Sylvari guild the imposing Charr president stands before the group and silences the room with an ominous growl.

“I call this meeting of the Dedicated Union of Meat Based Races Of Tyia to order. Over the last couple of hours I have been made aware of some disturbing information that needs to be addressed immediately. So before we get to item 1 on the agenda, Finding a better acronym, we will act on this. It has come to my attention that details of our meetings have been passed on to sylvari within hours. These are details that could only be known by someone attending these meetings.”

“You don’t mean…?”

“Yes, someone in this room is a plant!”

(If you hate me now, you only have yourself to blame for reading past the words “dad joke”)

kta.6502

A friend of mine has a tradition he calls “Dad joke Fridays”, as it is Friday I thought I’d share the bad joke this thread put into my mind:

At a secretive meeting of the largest anti Sylvari guild the imposing Charr president stands before the group and silences the room with an ominous growl.

“I call this meeting of the Dedicated Union of Meat Based Races Of Tyia to order. Over the last couple of hours I have been made aware of some disturbing information that needs to be addressed immediately. So before we get to item 1 on the agenda, Finding a better acronym, we will act on this. It has come to my attention that details of our meetings have been passed on to sylvari within hours. These are details that could only be known by someone attending these meetings.”

“You don’t mean…?”

(If you hate me now, you only have yourself to blame for reading past the words “dad joke”)

((ROTFLMAO! I think we’re going to need to start a chain story on these forums! ))

Aftertouch.5437

“You don’t mean…?”

I have to admit, I cackled harder than I should have. Well played sir.