Seriously ? Liberator of Lion's Arch chest

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Zin.1673

Zin.1673

I don’t understand why we didn’t just get a freaking title.

“Defender of Lion’s Arch” or “Savior of Lion’s Arch” would have sufficed.

I thought this was a joke, until i saw you made a thread about it.
just Lol.

On a side note:
People just don’t understand hard work anymore.

Soooo snobbish, “back then we were playing with ropes and cardboard, and we shared an orange for christmas”, when you’ll be tired of being disdainful you’ll take the time to compare what is comparable.

>gw 1
>finish the storyline
>get a unique object to exchange for a skin
>skin is on overall very nice and you can choose
>unlock a particular armor set to craft

>gw2
>finish storyline, kill the dragon
>get a stupid helmet, starter skin
>finish key event, 16 month long
>take your scraps

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I would rather have something nice that worth nothing BUT is original enough to justify the involvement (and that would be logical in the story) than an expensive ugly drop that I would just sell.

You get a unique Helm Skin for completing part of the Meta. It’s pretty nice and worth nothing, so that would fit your demands.

Key word, A. Those of us with several alts are screwed (if we/they like it well enough to want it on multiple characters).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

One black lion ticket would have been nice as a thank you from Evon for saving him from permanently serving Lionguard.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

In general I think black lion ticket scraps (not tickets, that’s be 40-60g!) would be an interesting idea as far as loot goes.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I got

-200 luck
-1 rare
-1 skill point scroll
-50 blade shards,

That was it, it sucked, the entire LS the loot sucked, and the end was no exception to this, for LS season 2 just make it that you need to buy a gift of trading post for 30,000 gems and be done with it.

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

This is Anet’s version of a reward system.

I don’t for see it ever getting better so your choices are simple.

Quit and find a better game with a viable reward system.

OR

Take it on the chin and enjoy the terrible rewards because that’s all this game offers.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Every time I get one of these one-time chests I hope it’s half as good as the Ancient Karka chest was. It never is. I genuinely don’t think one random guaranteed exotic item is too much to ask for or unreasonable by any stretch.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

One rare, that gave me 1 mithril
1 scroll (5 skill points)
5 obsidian shards
200 luck

The best final reward I could imagine (rolleyes)…

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Gah you guys don’t understand at all.

If you give everyone gold or a item worth a lot of gold then inflation will happen (i.e. more people have gold to spend, so more stuff gets bought – all prices go UP). You don’t want that!

If you give everyone legendary items, then it’s unfair on people who start GW2 in a month’s time as they won’t be able to get it. Remember that GW2 is designed so that skill > gear and they don’t want people in unobtainable gear.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Kaiyanwan.8521

Remember that GW2 is designed so that skill > gear and they don’t want people in unobtainable gear.

Sometimes I think GW2 is simply designed to suck.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If you give everyone gold or a item worth a lot of gold then inflation will happen (i.e. more people have gold to spend, so more stuff gets bought – all prices go UP). You don’t want that!

Actually, it appears you don’t understand. If you give everyone an item worth some number of gold, it actually does the opposite of inflation by removing gold from the economy in order for it to be sold on the trading post. Dropping for a player an exotic item, for instance, does not create more money in the game. Plus, given the nature of ectos, dark matter, and inscriptions to be had from exotic items, giving a guaranteed exotic item to each account that participates and wins the living story would barely affect the market at all. The only market that might be affected only a little is precursors, but we’ve seen what happens when they come into the market in great numbers and it always bounces back. Precursors get removed from the game very frequently.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

It’s theoretically possible that anet thinks the hideous Scarlet’s veil in the achievement for season 1. It’s also possible we’ll get something on the 18th, after the epilogue. It’s also possible they think they’ve given us enough during the course of the living story that we don’t need a reward at the end and that killing their villain sue was enough reward. Hey, at least we got to kill her, and not one of the NPCs, I’m looking at you, Kormir.

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

You know, instead of giving those random crap in every chest, they should take a note from what GW 1 and give you a “Trophy” that you can exchange for a exclusive weapon skin. The chest can just give you the Trophy with no RNG attach to it. After a certain amount of week, you could place those in the gemshop or the TP. Hell, even after you exchange your Trophy for a prize of choice, you will get an icon of it in your Personal Story log that said you did it. Here is an example as to what I mean.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Imperial_Dragon%27s_Tear

Agree.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

To be fair you hardly do anything in any of this content but show up.

I guess killing scarlet is nothing

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Account bound item exchanged for a weapon of your choice (make it Scarlet themed or something) would’ve been nice.

Posted by: Estic.8647

Estic.8647

Count your treasure. All I got was a bugged boss and an hour of seemingly endless grind…

One hour is endless? Kids these days…

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Might as well enjoy the living story for the achievements and the story.

If you want a bunch of loot boxes to open the champ trains are in full force and last more than two weeks. It might not be the greatest story in the world but it is entirely on par with mmo story lines. (because Chris Metzen’s WoW story line was the finest writing in all the land)

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

If you give everyone legendary items, then it’s unfair on people who start GW2 in a month’s time as they won’t be able to get it. Remember that GW2 is designed so that skill > gear and they don’t want people in unobtainable gear.

You’re kidding right? There is no skill involved in doing champ trains getting gold then buying a legendary

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

there was quite a few back-to-back chests there at the end, and this is going off memory, but from all of them, this is what I remember: 2 × 500 luck + 8 x green items + 50 influence + 3 obby shards + 1g exotic + lesser vision crystal + 2 obby shards + 3 greens + scarlet’s veil + power core + 1 rare + more greens + ascended materials
honestly, they need to reduce the loot from the mini bosses (maybe 1/2 of current) and increase the loot from mega bosses (5x current). also give partial loot for failed mega boss (1/4 of success)

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Gah, forum ate my post somehow.

Anyway, I got a similar list to what Mystic as above, though I picked up a named exotic (Atlatl), which nearly made me gibber at the idea of a Precursor dropping. Still a decent-looking speargun, will probably give to my engi as a neat skin.

Still, the actual ‘best rewards’ for me so far was
1) epic fight (first time run today – bad week at work – and was shaking by the time I reached the private ‘finale’ instance),
2) good, clean run (which I hear is a bit rare atm), no downs at the Knight, only a couple downs at the beginning since I was playing blind,
3) 0→5 Achieves in 40 minutes (will see how well I get close to the meta one),
4) final part of the holo fight, watching Scarlet appear (literally) at my feet,
5) last but not least, stomping Scarlet. Seriously, I’m tempted to get the Guild finisher just to do it again for the snapshot.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Yes this was hardly worth the time. The only thing I’m interested in getting is the Dragonite Ore and Ascended stuff. The rest is just more stuff. There should have been something special we finished the whole thing and got a slap in the face. But you got players posting that they are getting too much loot so what are you going to do. I won on one of the first take downs of the holo and went into the Scarlet finish and never even saw the chest so I got bupkiss for that.

I guess I’m hoping that there will be a nice reward on the 18th when they do the finish but I’m no going to hold my breath.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

just Lol.

I know right, its hilarious x)

On a side note:
People just don’t understand hard work anymore. They want to be rewarded with big things with as little effort as possible. Personally I’d switch the rewards from the story mode and the 15/15 achievement, but it I like it nonetheless.

Plus we got some f/f action, what more do you want?!

If you keep comparing “hard work” to a game, God help you when you come across a real job.

Count your treasure. All I got was a bugged boss and an hour of seemingly endless grind…

One hour is endless? Kids these days…

Why’s another 18+ year old swinging about the kids these days remark? You’re barely out the nest yourself. He also said “seemingly endless” as a form of exaggeration to show the monotony of the task at hand with no deviation. Read a book.

(edited by Darkobra.6439)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I personally hoped for a T-Shirt because T-Shirts are one of the best rewards to get for an Achievement. But we did get a Hat so that’s great too. It’s the other best reward for an achievement possible. I’m just still waiting for Anet to add T-Shirt skins.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

To be fair you hardly do anything in any of this content but show up.

I guess killing scarlet is nothing

And if I wanted a more satisfying story, I’d have just watched a movie or TV show.

Generally (unless we’re talking something from Peter Jackson), it would be shorter than waiting a full 14 months to come to a cliffhanger.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

i did got both the 2 special exotics scarlet weapons, the rainbow and the kiss. It only took me 20 full main-events done + chest. Don’t complain if you just tried once, do it a lot of times if you want rewards.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

5 obsi
200 luck
1 skill point
1 rare

pretty bad for the ultimate meta event. But hey, now I’m 25 points closer to having 10 000 AP, which gives an epic reward, so I can’t complain lol.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

My Box:
1 Rare Helm
5 Skill Points
200 Luck
44 Blade Shards
5 Obsidian Shards
5 Use Guild Finisher

I got this variant too

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

just Lol.

I know right, its hilarious x)

On a side note:
People just don’t understand hard work anymore. They want to be rewarded with big things with as little effort as possible. Personally I’d switch the rewards from the story mode and the 15/15 achievement, but it I like it nonetheless.

Plus we got some f/f action, what more do you want?!

Then again, it sucks when you put in a lot of hard work and get crap in return. Which is the name of the game thus far.

Posted by: Carcerus.9107

Carcerus.9107

One black lion ticket would have been nice

That would have been my ideal reward (given what I think is fair; obviously asking for Eternity is compensation far outstripping the achievement).

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

As with most content patches, there will be a new meta with a new set of achievements. The big reveal in terms of rewards is what Mike called a big, uber chest at the end of this content that will reward players well. It is rewarding you for the culmination of this patch, the finale of season one. Mike didn’t spoil anything specific, but made mention of rare items, crafting materials and tying back to previous releases.

Posted by: Mantis.5793

Mantis.5793

Wow, that sucks brah.
I got:
-1000 luck
-lesser vision crystal
-4500 karma
-2 golf of course

dood where you live? and can i get one of those free golf passes?

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Incorrect, an item that suddenly gets an influx on the trading post will by default drop in price through sheer shift in supply and demand; having a lack of supply is what raises the costs, not an excessive supply.

Besides that however.. I would much rather have been given a black lion ticket to claim for a weapon than a helmet of such dreadful design that not even the mittani would want it.

While handing out legendaries sounds pretty extreme and nothing I’d say should be done, it IS fitting that the grand finale provide something of value.

I’d rather have seen the rewards be similiar to the karka queens for this event considering the sheer impact this had compared to southsun. Fun fight tho, aside from the fact that the way it is set up it allows people to afk their way to the achievements.

Posted by: Tutanchamon.2190

Tutanchamon.2190

Personally, i thing reward is good. Just imagine that reward will be for example 100g: Player A who is new to LS will complete his first meta, get liberator od Lion’s arch chest, and 100g from it. He will be happy. Now imagine player B, who is experienced and completed every LS meta, but from some reason he can’t patricipate in battle for Lion’s arch so he will not get 100g, but player A yes. Isn’t it unfair? I hope there will be some “final” chest, that rewards player with reward based on how many meta achievments he did. So player A will recieve small reward for BfLA meta, when player B recieve big one. This is fair.

Kaiyanwan.8521

Personally, i thing reward is good. Just imagine that reward will be for example 100g: Player A who is new to LS will complete his first meta, get liberator od Lion’s arch chest, and 100g from it. He will be happy. Now imagine player B, who is experienced and completed every LS meta, but from some reason he can’t patricipate in battle for Lion’s arch so he will not get 100g, but player A yes. Isn’t it unfair? I hope there will be some “final” chest, that rewards player with reward based on how many meta achievments he did. So player A will recieve small reward for BfLA meta, when player B recieve big one. This is fair.

It’s the bloody final of the living story, 14 monthes of missed chances and wasted opportunities. God forbid people true to the game would get something nice.

Other games reward their customers for playing. What an absurd strategy…

Posted by: Tutanchamon.2190

Tutanchamon.2190

It’s the bloody final of the living story, 14 monthes of missed chances and wasted opportunities. God forbid people true to the game would get something nice.

Other games reward their customers for playing. What an absurd strategy…

Maybe it is final, but there will be one more patch, aftermath. There is still a chance for final reward.

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Personally, i thing reward is good. Just imagine that reward will be for example 100g: Player A who is new to LS will complete his first meta, get liberator od Lion’s arch chest, and 100g from it. He will be happy. Now imagine player B, who is experienced and completed every LS meta, but from some reason he can’t patricipate in battle for Lion’s arch so he will not get 100g, but player A yes. Isn’t it unfair?I hope there will be some “final” chest, that rewards player with reward based on how many meta achievments he did. So player A will recieve small reward for BfLA meta, when player B recieve big one. This is fair.

That really is besides the point, if he lucks out and gets a value of 100g then that is fine, it is simply a matter of having “saved” the main hub of the game and instead of something interesting..all you get is a silly t-shirt.

Posted by: Richard.5087

Richard.5087

You do get a skin. Scarlet’s Veil

You can’t call that a skin. Putting that thing on would be like taking a dump and then smearing it across your face.

Posted by: Orange.9701

Orange.9701

These living have gone wrong also because none of us feel that you have received the proper reward in proportion to the effort.

Posted by: PunchaYoBuns.5690

PunchaYoBuns.5690

ill just be so kitten happy when all of this scarlet crap is done. I remember having a blast in living world up until scarlet came in (and the first crazy kitten scarlet event) but now its been nothing but “go here and kill x amount of this faction for two weeks and we’ll give you….idk…… a mini or something.”

Plus Scarlet may be one of the dumbest looking characters ive ever seen, i’m going into game design and i see student work at my school everyday that surpasses her ugly kitten character concept.

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

The rewards from this event are not worth it, not in the slightest. This is why I usually help kill the knight and then don’t go in to fight the hologram anymore.

This event might give an rare or a decent recipe once in a while, but the overall loot might be worth 1-2 gold if I’m lucky.

I can get champ loot bags in Frostgorge or do World Event Bosses that give 2 rares each one after another and make 5-6gold in the 40-50 minutes it takes to boringly hit a knight and then hologram.

Overall, I’m not going to keep doing a boring event that gives 1/4 to 1/6 the reward.

So much for the finale epic loot to Living Story. Horrible rewards.

Ele’s Pwn J00!

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

That’s what happens when everyone gets the same box

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

If playing the game isn’t enough of a reward in and of itself, then, quite frankly, nothing they offer is really going to satisfy you.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Idk, for a finale reward maybe one box of goodies for every meta successfully completed for that LS arc. That way everyone is rewarded according to the amount of time and effort they spent. The new player coming in just on this one gets one box and the people who did multiple ones get multiple boxes.

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

I got a yellow staff, a couple skill point scrolls, and a couple piles of luck consumables out of my meta achieve chest. Seemed really really crappy. Was kind of expecting a decent loot pile, but it looked more like an alliance supply bag.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Morfedel.4165 said it first, and it’s been echoed many times in this forum. A Black Lion Ticket (or two) would have been the best reward. GW1 had a similar reward system, as many have pointed out. And tbh, even that would have generated complaints. One or two tickets is not enough to get a skin. But would that encourage purchase of keys from some of the player base? You can bet your cat it would. Missed opportunity by Anet, imho.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

This will sound terrible and will bring out the legions, but I think completing the meta for the LS should reward a player with a weapon skin of their choice from the entire event. One skin out of all the ones we’ve had. Anybody worried about the economy it would recover. I bet more people would use their freebie on an actual weapon than sell it anyway. So many great skins out there that only the super lucky or super rich can get.

(edited by Woljnir.7810)

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

This will sound terrible and will bring out the legions, but I think completing the meta for the LS should reward a player with a weapon skin of their choice from the entire event. One skin out of all the ones we’ve had. Anybody worried about the economy it would recover. I bet more people would use their freebie on an actual weapon than sell it anyway. So many great skins out there that only the super lucky or super rich can get.

How is this “terrible” ? This was standard practice in GW1. The lack of good rewards for completing story content is quite apparent in GW2. I think the only time they got it right was the original Karka queen event, where the fight felt epic (if you managed to get in without DC’ing, that is) and the rewards were fitting. But what do you get for killing the main villain responsible for a year of torment? Greens, blues and one rare. The same as doing a world boss event which repeats every two hours.

I’m not asking for a legendary weapon to drop, but something a bit more memorable and epic would’ve been nice. Scarlet’s 20 slot bag for everyone? One Scarlet themed weapon skin?

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

How is this “terrible” ? This was standard practice in GW1. The lack of good rewards for completing story content is quite apparent in GW2. I think the only time they got it right was the original Karka queen event, where the fight felt epic (if you managed to get in without DC’ing, that is) and the rewards were fitting. But what do you get for killing the main villain responsible for a year of torment? Greens, blues and one rare. The same as doing a world boss event which repeats every two hours.

I’m not asking for a legendary weapon to drop, but something a bit more memorable and epic would’ve been nice. Scarlet’s 20 slot bag for everyone? One Scarlet themed weapon skin?

I wasn’t sure how people would take it, mainly because of economic factors involved in getting a free skin and selling it for hundreds of gold, driving prices way down. Guess I was a little conservative xD.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

a BL ticket is all i want, really don’t give a cr*p about all the “possible” loot.
i ones was killing the shatterer, all i got were some greens and one rare armor not even in my weight class, i don’t expect this to be any different.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

You can’t call that a skin. Putting that thing on would be like taking a dump and then smearing it across your face.

I’d say that goes for a lot of the supposedly cool Legendaries, too. But then, players seem to like them. Taste cannot truly be discussed, sorry. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.