**Spoiler** What did scarlet do?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: theodor.3480

theodor.3480

What in the names of all the gods and spirits did Scarlet unleash, woke up?

I hear no evil, I fear no evil

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Judging by the water – Bubbles squee

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yeah, seems like the deep sea dragon. aka Bubbles

After watching it again. It seems to be Mordremoth, but I’m not ruling out Bubbles!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I doubt that I will play the living story, didn’t play the last one, and have no desire whatsoever to play this.
That being said? Did we get any tease about the upcoming content? Cantha? Tengu or something?

Posted by: Zabrios.6079

Zabrios.6079

Mordremoth, Bubbles is already awake

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

its mordremoth, didnt u notice the Thorn-like Teeth ?

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

Posted by: Lydeck.5214

Lydeck.5214

I hope it wasn’t Bubbles. Underwater combat is atrocious and I don’t want new underwater content until they revamp that entire mechanic.

Having said that, I still think it was Mord. Finally an awesome cinematic.

Posted by: Imperios.2543

Imperios.2543

Mordremoth, probably?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I doubt that I will play the living story, didn’t play the last one, and have no desire whatsoever to play this.
That being said? Did we get any tease about the upcoming content? Cantha? Tengu or something?

WE GET A DRAGON

Posted by: Lyanna.9875

Lyanna.9875

So if it is Mordremoth he/she was underwater?
Because there was definitely water there.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Mordremoth.

I just have to wonder how Colin thought this was a “one in a million” prediction.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

And still no reason. How naive i am that we should get any meaningful information …

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I have yet to experience the content, but I guess this shows that Season 2 could very well give us new zones in Maguuma Wastes.

And considering season 2 coincides with the China release, expect it in the summer.

(edited by Vol.7601)

Nick.6972

Which one? Cantha Dragon? If not, couldn’t care any less.

Posted by: Fakkahe.3108

Fakkahe.3108

Judging by the water – Bubbles squee

How did you even get that it was under water? It’s clearly in Sylvari territory(Jungle).

The next Elder Dragon is, Mordramoth!

Vol.7601

Which one? Cantha Dragon? If not, couldn’t care any less.

Of course you don’t care, there is no such thing as ‘Cantha Dragon’

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Why did they have to waste 1.5 years of dev time to lead up to this instead of just letting us smack around Jormag or Kralk.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

It was Mordremoth. Ofc there was water in the ground…it’s a Jungle.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Mordremoth.

I just have to wonder how Colin thought this was a “one in a million” prediction.

As resident Colin, I said this back when the world thought it was Primordus or a time travel story line, as more clues came out the theories got MUCH more correct, by mid-february the correct theories were certainly far more plentiful. Also the one in 10-20K number was about the entire story in the final 2 releases, not just one specific part of the ending. Only a couple of folks correctly guessed LA getting nuked before we gave any of the hints for example.

Above all else, I just want to say how much fun it has been watching everyone theorize over the last few months. It’s one of the coolest parts of the living world experience to me. Where it goes from here….well you’ll just have to wait to find out!

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Mordremoth.

As resident Colin, I said this back when the world thought it was Primordus or a time travel story line, as more clues came out the theories got MUCH more correct, by mid-february the correct theories were certainly far more plentiful. Also the one in 10-20K number was about the entire story in the final 2 releases, not just one specific part of the ending. Only a couple of folks correctly guessed LA getting nuked before we gave any of the hints for example.

Above all else, I just want to say how much fun it has been watching everyone theorize over the last few months. It’s one of the coolest parts of the living world experience to me. Where it goes from here….well you’ll just have to wait to find out!

Just to affirm this, I definitely thought it was Primordus at one time.

Nick.6972

Where it goes from here?
Well, certainly not Cantha.

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

It showed butterflies and mushrooms. It was Mordremoth. I first thought Bubbles too but after looking at it for a 2nd time it is definietely Mordremoth.

Also the bubbles were more likely little wisps of light, i’d say.

Vol.7601

Mordremoth.

Just to affirm this, I definitely thought it was Primordus at one time.

with the spoiler notes I would have definitely thought it was Primordus. I mean, a huge kitten drill? That’s like getting the Vigil to send out submarines in the waters expecting Bubbles, but end up getting Kralk instead!

Colin I do hope that as we shift our focus to Mordremoth, you’ll consider feeding us some content that deals with his champions first. Hopefully a new metaevent.

Posted by: Lyanna.9875

Lyanna.9875

Where it goes from here?

Maguuma, obviously :p
Mordremoth is there, isn’t he/she?

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

From the looks of things, its going to go to an overflow that you need to stand around for an hour to get into for a chance at some blues and greens

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

Where it goes from here?

As much as I actually want Cantha in the game. I wouldn’t make any sense whatsoever to implement that in the game right now. My prediction is to actually open up Tyria first and then if we ever will expand into the world it would be Elona first and then Cantha.

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

I wonder why though.

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Primordus or Mordremoth, I think it’s safe to say a lot of people have been predicting a dragon for a very long time. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we’ve come back to the original plot and I hope it goes somewhere exciting. It just wasn’t exactly a twist.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Mordremoth.

wicked chuckle

….

happy dance

I was right all along…about Mordremoth being involved. (Guessed that when we first met Scarlet and read her short story)

Obviously a few other of my speculations weren’t up to snuff, but hey it’s been fun none the less!

more happy dance

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: theodor.3480

theodor.3480

Well i certanly though i saw a dragon Good to know that we might get something new. Too bad we had to kill scarlet, she kinda grew on me

I hear no evil, I fear no evil

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

I wonder why though.

If you’re asking why Scarlet woke up Mord? To silence the voices in her head. Mord has been (i assume through dreams) been driving Scarlet insane since she was born. To get at the source of the madness and stop it was Scarlet’s only goal.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well i certanly though i saw a dragon Good to know that we might get something new. Too bad we had to kill scarlet, she kinda grew on me

No pun intended?

I liked her to…. kind of the same way I liked Rurik… with eager anticipation of offering up the killing stroke at the very end.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Primordus or Mordremoth, I think it’s safe to say a lot of people have been predicting a dragon for a very long time. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we’ve come back to the original plot and I hope it goes somewhere exciting. It just wasn’t exactly a twist.

Uh it’s definitely not Primordus. Primordus is still in an all out war with the Dwarves, he wasn’t sleeping. Actually Primordus was the first dragon to awaken well before the events of GW2 (last expansion of GW1 was when he awoke).

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

It is actually not really clear what we have seen.

We saw the Ley lines explode, breaking through the surface (why, i dont know. just because they were pierced by the drill? this certainly needs more elaboration…. oh wait.. Scarlet did it) in different directions…

The last pictures were indeed not the Maguuma jungle but more likely Orr, going into the ocean and maybe under the ocean floor.

We then see some teeth, resembling thorns at first, but quickly turning blueish green, oceanic.

So in the end it is not actually confirmed which dragon it is. It could be Mordremoth, but Bubbles is not outside the possibilities.

Posted by: vladracul.6798

vladracul.6798

and why did she had to open a hole for this dragon in LA, Kryta, if the thing is in Maguuma? Let me guess, just ’coz it is funnier to destroy the main city of the game even if there is no logic at all?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Mordremoth.

Jungle Dragon (Mordremoth?) is a new Superbowl mascot?

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

I wonder why though.

If you’re asking why Scarlet woke up Mord? To silence the voices in her head. Mord has been (i assume through dreams) been driving Scarlet insane since she was born. To get at the source of the madness and stop it was Scarlet’s only goal.

…….Eh. Whatever.

I hope she says that in game at least.

BTW, do we find out who E is?

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Knew that for 99% since they’ve made that “whispers from the forest” dialogue part. Nothing really surprising.
I had a very slight hope for Margonites maybe when I saw that new gemstore weapons, but oh well…

We’ll see how it works out.

But please, please make Maguuma less about Asura theme…. I hate it and I’m sick of it.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

VitalSuit.1980

and why did she had to open a hole for this dragon in LA, Kryta, if the thing is in Maguuma? Let me guess, just ’coz it is funnier to destroy the main city of the game even if there is no logic at all?

Because the Ley lines connected UNDER LION’S ARCH. The big crossroads of that specific ley line was smack dab in LA, there’s a reason why she had those probes everywhere because she was looking for where the ley line was strongest.

VitalSuit.1980

We saw the Ley lines explode, breaking through the surface (why, i dont know. just because they were pierced by the drill? this certainly needs more elaboration…. oh wait.. Scarlet did it) in different directions…

The last pictures were indeed not the Maguuma jungle but more likely Orr, going into the ocean and maybe under the ocean floor.

We then see some teeth, resembling thorns at first, but quickly turning blueish green, oceanic.

So in the end it is not actually confirmed which dragon it is. It could be Mordremoth, but Bubbles is not outside the possibilities.

It’s not Bubbles, not even close. The ley line magic starts heading downwards once it reached a forest/jungle and then it reached the dragon. Bubbles is somewhere hiding in the sea.

Vol.7601

How could you interpret that as water?

It’s 100% Mordremoth

Here are the facts:
-The leylines travelled west through Kryta
-Then travelled further west/southwest past the Reactor
-Butterflies are flying around in the ‘green’ scene (the small bubbles are sparkflies)
-You see rotting fauna/trees

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Uh it’s definitely not Primordus. Primordus is still in an all out war with the Dwarves, he wasn’t sleeping. Actually Primordus was the first dragon to awaken well before the events of GW2 (last expansion of GW1 was when he awoke).

We know he’s capable of moving around underground, and there’s nothing to say the Dwarves have been in constant conflict with Primordus himself over the full course of the last 200 years. In fact I believe the only real contact we’ve had with the Dwarves at all during GW2 is Ogden, and he remained on the surface and out of direct conflict. We also know that Primordus has minions active in the Dominion of Winds, Mount Maelstrom, and the southern Shiverpeaks at the very least.

Of course it’s obviously Mordremoth now, given the cut scene. But Primordus was a valid possibility as well.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Mordremoth.

I hear ya.

I was secretly hoping it’d be Lazarus, but personally was convinced pretty early it’d be Mordremoth. I mean, the hints you dropped didn’t point to Primordus, and by this I mean the hints not necessarily related to couple latest LS releases (like the new constellation and CoE experiments).

As long as you’re here: can we expect some kind of explanation on the Aetherblades? Who are they, where do they come from, and most importantly, why do they feel like sacrificing themselves by the hundreds for Scarlet? Surely she’s not powerful enough to kill them ALL (unlike we players).

Also, new zones in the Maguuma jungle, pretty please?

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

The thing that I didn’t like about this ending was that there was no real explanation. A lot of folks guessed she was after Mordremoth, but we still don’t know why she went to such extremes to wake him up, and how he got into her head in the first place, and what that could mean for the sylvari.

The NPCs say they’re not interested in the explanation, but that’s the exact opposite of what my character would have done in that situation. She would have let her talk, and then killed her. Every piece of information is crucial. Why put all those pieces together in the bar and then not get the answer from the sylvari’s own mouth!?

Otherwise, I’m happy to see a return to dragons, but without an explanation, a cool cinematic is just a cinematic.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: vladracul.6798

vladracul.6798

Because the Ley lines connected UNDER LION’S ARCH. The big crossroads of that specific ley line was smack dab in LA, there’s a reason why she had those probes everywhere because she was looking for where the ley line was strongest.

Yes but is just so much convenient the ley lines connecting stronger simply under the biggest and most important city in the game don’t you think? LA was not built where it was ’coz of ley lines (Orr was known as a place of strong magical power), but for its strategical position in commerce, connecting many different regions. It has nothing to do with magikittenil now… Suddenly ANet felt bored and just came with this out of the blue, it is called deus ex machina in literature and is not flattering …

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

Where it goes from here….well you’ll just have to wait to find out!

Waiting is for wimps! Everyone speculate like hell!!!! We guessed it right once, we can do it again for the next season!

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Its Mordremoth for sure. Its also make total sense with the lore. Just as Sylvari as Mordremoth minions make total sense.

- Ronan a human Soldier discovered a seed in a cave guarded by plant monster. He bring it to his home destroyed by the Mursaat 250 years ago. He decided to plant it and nurse it with the help of a new friend, the Centaur Ventari. They both influenced the growing Pale Tree with Human and Centaur philosophy until the Pale Tree began to grow Sylvari.
- In GW2 we Capture the Sylvari Malyck and we bring him to a Sylvari Seer that say that he’s not born from the Pale Tree, but another tree. This Malyck is from the Nightmare Court. He claim to have no knowledge of the ’’Dream’’ and Traherne think that maybe the second tree have no dream.
- The Nightmare court is a group of Sylvari that reject the Ventari Table (AKA the Human/Centaur philosophy that Ronan and Ventari gave to the Pale Tree).

For me its all clear that these seed that Ronan found was the to create an army of Sylvari, an army of Modremoth minions. The only reasons, why some sylvari are not minions of the dragon right now is because of the Dream. The Pale tree was corrupt by the teaching of Ronan and Ventari and the Pale Tree decide to protect her children from the influence of the Dragon. The nightmare court mission is to remove the protection of the Dream so that all Sylvari fall under the influence of the Dragon.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Its Mordremoth for sure. Its also make total sense with the lore. Just as Sylvari as Mordremoth minions make total sense.

- Ronan a human Soldier discovered a seed in a cave guarded by plant monster. He bring it to his home destroyed by the Mursaat 250 years ago. He decided to plant it and nurse it with the help of a new friend, the Centaur Ventari. They both influenced the growing Pale Tree with Human and Centaur philosophy until the Pale Tree began to grow Sylvari.
- In GW2 we Capture the Sylvari Malyck and we bring him to a Sylvari Seer that say that he’s not born from the Pale Tree, but another tree. This Malyck is from the Nightmare Court. He claim to have no knowledge of the ’’Dream’’ and Traherne think that maybe the second tree have no dream.
- The Nightmare court is a group of Sylvari that reject the Ventari Table (AKA the Human/Centaur philosophy that Ronan and Ventari gave to the Pale Tree).

For me its all clear that these seed that Ronan found was the to create an army of Sylvari, an army of Modremoth minions. The only reasons, why some sylvari are not minions of the dragon right now is because of the Dream. The Pale tree was corrupt by the teaching of Ronan and Ventari and the Pale Tree decide to protect her children from the influence of the Dragon. The nightmare court mission is to remove the protection of the Dream so that all Sylvari fall under the influence of the Dragon.

I repeat: Why is Malyck not espousing the joys of Mordremoth when we meet him?

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I repeat: Why is Malyck not espousing the joys of Mordremoth when we meet him?

Maybe because the dragon was asleep when you met him. Only time will tell whats happens now.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

My question here is: is there any LA left after that explosion? It certainly doesn’t look like there should be, but it was out in the middle of the water, and maybe it was just a lightsplosion. I don’t know.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast