*Spoilers* MIND BLOWN right now! A++++ ANet

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I’m all for romance in video games. We’ve had this Kas & Mar discussion many, many times before on various topics so I’ll try to concise. K&M feels too forced, too .. non-subtle. Shoehorned. Especially the last few updates where their romance has surely not been a mystery to anyone who watches their dialogue. I don’t need my romancing Guild Wars NPC’s to rub my face in it. Koss & Meloni was a good example. So was Mhenlo & Cynn. (Now THERE’S a romance that was funny to watch and wasn’t too cheesy!)

And I’m sorry if I’m a bit of a Grinch here, since the OP seems pretty sincere. But I’m just not feeling it.

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

I’m all for romance in video games. We’ve had this Kas & Mar discussion many, many times before on various topics so I’ll try to concise. K&M feels too forced, too .. non-subtle. Shoehorned. Especially the last few updates where their romance has surely not been a mystery to anyone who watches their dialogue. I don’t need my romancing Guild Wars NPC’s to rub my face in it. Koss & Meloni was a good example. So was Mhenlo & Cynn. (Now THERE’S a romance that was funny to watch and wasn’t too cheesy!)

And I’m sorry if I’m a bit of a Grinch here, since the OP seems pretty sincere. But I’m just not feeling it.

Koss and Mel were great but Mhenlo and Cynn take the cake! Their story was amazing to watch!

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I don’t see why people are “blown away” by it.

I would bet you that people who give it praise are ladies (bless them) who are a bit more suspectible to cheesy romance stories.

That wasn’t a romance. It was just sexual. There was almost no actual romantic interaction other then petnames & “I care about you baby” dialog. At least Koss & Melonni actually had sexual tension denial, dealing with pride, conflict & acceptance. Romance isn’t just two people who like to do it, it’s complex. all this “what a great love story”… I have no idea what it’s based on.

Well I guess it can’t be helped if people see it that way, since it was pretty easy to miss on a lot of conversations.

They actually DO have meaningful conversations in these last 2 patches, talking to each other as regular people, expressing interest for each others past, revelations of what it means to be with one another, how they wanna better themselves as people (actual quote) It’s not just sexual. I always stick around NPC-s to listen , and to me, there definitely is a progression in their relationship.

Now about the whole thing:

Gj!

The overall delivery was satisfying imo. It wasn’t perfect, but it wasn’t disappointing either. The only thing I dislike is the zerg that needs to be completed before the actual story stuff starts, and with the recent bug, it makes it impossible to complete.

- Thank you for letting us personally kill Scarlet :P I was sort of afraid that she’ll have some lame death via zerg.

- The fact all bionics (except Taimi) were there makes it even better. My guess that Rox wil join the warband anyway? Poor Braham, feed him some ham to heal his leg

- Heh it sure looked like you killed Marjory, and Kasmeer seemed genuinely kittened at Scarlet with the taunts and all. It just made killing her of more satisfying. Was happy when Jory was alive and well, and for the record, start improving your cutscene animations, to appear less wooden, but overall, a very sweet scene.

- The end cinematic was awesome. Did we just see all ley lines activating, and awakening some kind of dragon? Mordremoth?

That being said, there are STILL some questions left I hope we get answers too:

- So why exactly did Scarlet wake up the dragon? Was the dragon controlling her mind? Even when asleep? We need more answers here, Anet.
- What happened to the Mai Trin and the Aetherblades in EoTM?
- In fact, what will happen to every other alliance now that Scarlet is dead? Will they fall apart?
- Where was Taimi in all this?
- Will we ever find out who is this “E” person?

I have more questions but I can’t think much now…hopefully we will get more answers in the conclusion patch in 2 weeks? There are still questions that need answering, and I really really don’t want to wait another year to find out all the answers.

All in all, good conclusion, still has loose ends but i felt myself genuinely invested! Keep up the good work, and listen to our feedback and take it to heart (the constructive ones, at least)

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I’m just glad that invasive weed is finally dead.

Admittedly, Kas and Jory’s story isn’t really that great, but still glad they didn’t die, nor did Rox and Braham even. After all the killing in the late Personal Story, it’s nice for the only one to die to be the one I wanted to die.

That being said…the ending scenario/cutscene, while pretty, was still kinda meh. Part of me already figured ahead of time that whatever she was trying to summon would wake up at the end even after killing her.

It was also supremely annoying that the main way to get in wouldn’t work because the blue knight kept healing. Even then, the boss fights just felt tedious and drawn out thanks to the cheap mechanics designed seemingly just to do that.

While they were nice enough to have an alternate way in, it’s way off past a small mob of Aetherblades (including a Veteran and an Elite) and you need the Spinal Blades on to use it. Oh, and the death lasers target you while you’re over there and when you’re trying to talk to Turma. Yeah…annoying.

Right…well, at least now we can get to something better…right?

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Should have killed somebody other than raisin head to make the threat appear real. Why not Kiel? Give us some dramatic death scenes to counter all the cheesy romance.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Of course the relationship was forced, they can’t go much into details with romance in a same sex relationship. Say what you want, but people will always find something to complain, like they were trying to push some agenda by showing love in a same sex relationship rather than something sexual.

I guarantee you that if Marjory and Kasmeer were men this kiss would have been an outrage. If you blame the writing, blame the people themselves, have you ever seen a male-male relationship in a video game as a primary focus? I haven’t, and there’s a reason for that unfortunately.

I guess it’s one of those things where you have to be gay to understand, like myself.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Everyone around that office must be holding hands and dancing in a field of flowers with an acoustic guitar.

THIS was Game of Thrones quality?! Have they not WATCHED IT?!

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

And i still want to know what nasty stuff Caithe did !

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

FemShep and Liara ftw!!! Jory and Kassy can go die in a ditch for all I care :p

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I guess it’s one of those things where you have to be gay to understand, like myself.

Do notice that people here didn’t criticize them for having a homosexual relationship. For my part the critique has always been about writing. It’s you who is taking it as lesbian relationship criticism.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Well I guess it can’t be helped if people see it that way, since it was pretty easy to miss on a lot of conversations.

They actually DO have meaningful conversations in these last 2 patches, talking to each other as regular people, expressing interest for each others past, revelations of what it means to be with one another, how they wanna better themselves as people (actual quote) It’s not just sexual. I always stick around NPC-s to listen , and to me, there definitely is a progression in their relationship.

having a handful of conversations =/= relationship. And the conversions hardly explore emotional depth & are completely irrelevant to the story. it’s mostly mush. Whereas Koss & Melloni’s struggle literally informed what you did next & why & impacted them in different ways. Like I said, Koss & Melonni had a real romance complete with opposing story archs, struggle & actual exploration of some of the complexities of feelings. Ka&Ma is cute banter & token mushy exposition.

Mhenlo & Cynn were pretty funny. I loved how they presented the story just through idle animations of the henchies in the towns in EotN. & they didn’t shove it in your face. They had the proper place for them.

Say what you want, but people will always find something to complain

remember that applies to your complaints too.

Nah, there is a thread by a another gay gamer that recognized the poor quality of this “relationship”. If anything you should be appalled by the shoddy quality. What do you think of the Logan/Jenna relationship?

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

The only thing that REALLY made me roll my eyes was remembering one of the writing team claiming that a small handful of people had figured it out.

Uhhh… Bobby… a good half of the forum here suspected that Scarlet was a tool for an elder dragon, and most of them guessed it was Mordramoth as well. It was fairly obvious, really… most of the speculation was done with the caveat of, “Just in case it isn’t the obvious… what if…?”

Now with that said, the obvious conclusion WASN’T a bad one, really. A story doesn’t have to be one shocking twist after another. I’m content with finally getting on with the supposed thrust of the game (the fight against the Elder Dragons), and what will most likely be some new explorable zones to work with.

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I could have done without the Kasmeer & Marjory “romance”. Not only was it forced it frankly felt wrong and, oddly enough, I think that would have been more obvious if the Marjory character had been male. I still feel like Marjory basically took advantage of Kasmeer’s desperation and emotional vulnerability. Sorry, that’s not “romantic” to me.

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

So with Mordremoth making an appearance and reputedly located in Magus Falls, west of Rata Sum does this signal the potential opening of a new explorable area?

CharrGirl.7896

FemShep and Liara ftw!!! Jory and Kassy can go die in a ditch for all I care :p

Oh I remember that. Liara started hitting on me after TWO conversations. The actual romance with Liara sucks in ME1 and felt better in ME2, but still.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Seriously! I’m still picking my jaw up off the floor.

C) Selling Tormented weapons on the store just makes me angry that there’s no way to get them besides random. It’s a slap on the face for any GW1 veterans who had them and loved them.

Buy them from the TP?

yayaya farm gold till you fall flat on your face!!! awesome rewarding gameplay!!

/sarcasm off

get real. Stop with this nonsense “buy from TP”… ya farm gold ok, i dont really feel like doing endless and mindless zerg trains to earn something.

These weapons will probably be 50-70g while they cost 1 ticket. That’s farming ‘til you fall on your face? If you can only make 70g from champion trains I question your quality of gameplay. What are you, AFKing in Lion’s Keep?

dude did you even read what SkiTz.4590 wrote?

HE said that it is easy to get (his 3 year old could do it…) so whats your point?

and by “farming gold till you fall flat on your face” he/she means that its just so boring… ofc it is easy

the problem is that the skins have no prestige in GW" while in GW1 they were one of the skins that were hardest to get and only at one place

and in gw2?
nothing story related, nothing achievement related, no prestige…

i would have been so happy if they made abaddon fractal and maybe made them possible drops from it cause we fight margonites there…

THAT would have been a nice way to implement them
fits to story
they would have prestige and are a bit harder to get…

or at least some ingredients from fractals for crafting them so you have prestige from the fractal ingredients and its still expensive from the other materials

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Do notice that people here didn’t criticize them for having a homosexual relationship. For my part the critique has always been about writing. It’s you who is taking it as lesbian relationship criticism.

Just give it time over the weekend and someone will complain about it. The relationship isn’t that apparent (up until now)

having a handful of conversations =/= relationship. And the conversions hardly explore emotional depth & are completely irrelevant to the story. it’s mostly mush. Whereas Koss & Melloni’s struggle literally informed what you did next & why & impacted them in different ways. Like I said, Koss & Melonni had a real romance complete with opposing story archs, struggle & actual exploration of some of the complexities of feelings. Ka&Ma is cute banter & token mushy exposition.

Mhenlo & Cynn were pretty funny. I loved how they presented the story just through idle animations of the henchies in the towns in EotN. & they didn’t shove it in your face. They had the proper place for them.

Say what you want, but people will always find something to complain

remember that applies to your complaints too.

Nah, there is a thread by a another gay gamer that recognized the poor quality of this “relationship”. If anything you should be appalled by the shoddy quality. What do you think of the Logan/Jenna relationship?

Thats what I am stating here, it’s poor because if they made it anything decent like an actual romance people would start sharpening their pitchforks stating ArenaNet is trying to push a political agenda for homosexuality. Instead ArenaNet did the best they could in regards to this relationship, lesbians and cheap romance with a kiss.

I can’t really complain about the quality of it because at least ArenaNet had the guts to make something related to homosexuality a primary part of a story rather than some small section of the game with references.

It’s just other people complaining about the quality of it, there’s a reason for it. You can’t easily make a gay romance love story without making a lot of people angry. As much as I hate to say it there’s still a lot of hate.

(edited by Chase.8415)

Posted by: AkkiChan.7164

AkkiChan.7164

Okay, well… Is that all?

THIS is the final chapter of the story? THIS is our answers, revelations and closure? You honestly want tot ell me that THIS is something only “a few thousand” got right in their predictions?

Yeah, no. I don’t buy it. Not one bit.

So what secret does caithe hide? We didn’t got to know.

So what was all that FOR? To wake another dragon? All that kitten, death and terror to wake another monstrosity? Well if that’s not blown out of scale.

She said there’d be “even less” of Lion’s Arch left after today. Well sorry, the world looks pretty intact to me after all that doom and gloom we were promised. Lions Arch is burned down, nothing more. That’s hardly something that would “change things forever”.. the city can be rebuild with a bit of spare wood, I fail to see any permanent damage other then a big hole in the harbor.

So instead of answers and closure, we get another two week kittentease of boss farming before we get another shot at answers and closure, which I am fairly sure will be 80% tease for the next episode, 10% pointless trifle and 10% answers to questions remaining open, if we’re lucky.

From a technical viewpoint, I can say the content update is well done. And while I am disappointed that we’re back at mindless boss zerging again, at least the knights are packing a rather nasty punch.

From a story point aspect though? No, I find myself bitterly disappointed. We learned next to nothing other then something a braindead skritt would have been able to guess from these oh so very subtle hints that were dropped along the story. We got that one big, blatantly obvious answer. And the things and questions that actually mattered weren’t even answered. Thanks a lot Braham.

So the witch is dead. Yay. Excuse my lack of joy, I’m too busy drowning my disappointment in pudding.

A mesmer is more then clones and trickery.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Just in an attempt to help, you can actually skip some of the events if just doing the story finale is your thing. There is a teleporter thingy that allows it, though… I am unsure if it has a prerequisite or if you just have to find it. (As I’d done some stuff first)

You have to have at least the exotic version of the spinal blades backpiece equipped.

This isn’t entirely true.

You can get in there with the Spinal Blade Pack (the blue one) ’cause I did. The exotic one is just for the achievement by the looks of things.

Hang on does this mean you have to wear a spinal backpiece to do the finale and get an achievement?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

DarksunG.9537

I can’t really complain about the quality of it because at least ArenaNet had the guts to make something related to homosexuality a primary part of a story rather than some small section of the game with references.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. Just because I’m a minority doesn’t mean they should make huge chunks of the game about my racial group. Besides the only reason people seem to like Kas/Marj is because it’s a homosexual relationship. In terms of appeasing that aspect they went way out of their way.. To the point that it feels forced & they sacrificed good character development.
I don’t know what would make you feel happy, but I don’t need them to tackle social issues, I just want a good fantasy story. They did it in GW1. They haven’t come close yet in GW2.

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

Okay, well… Is that all?

THIS is the final chapter of the story? THIS is our answers, revelations and closure? You honestly want tot ell me that THIS is something only “a few thousand” got right in their predictions?

Yeah, no. I don’t buy it. Not one bit.

So what secret does caithe hide? We didn’t got to know.

So what was all that FOR? To wake another dragon? All that kitten, death and terror to wake another monstrosity? Well if that’s not blown out of scale.

She said there’d be “even less” of Lion’s Arch left after today. Well sorry, the world looks pretty intact to me after all that doom and gloom we were promised. Lions Arch is burned down, nothing more. That’s hardly something that would “change things forever”.. the city can be rebuild with a bit of spare wood, I fail to see any permanent damage other then a big hole in the harbor.

So instead of answers and closure, we get another two week kittentease of boss farming before we get another shot at answers and closure, which I am fairly sure will be 80% tease for the next episode, 10% pointless trifle and 10% answers to questions remaining open, if we’re lucky.

From a technical viewpoint, I can say the content update is well done. And while I am disappointed that we’re back at mindless boss zerging again, at least the knights are packing a rather nasty punch.

From a story point aspect though? No, I find myself bitterly disappointed. We learned next to nothing other then something a braindead skritt would have been able to guess from these oh so very subtle hints that were dropped along the story. We got that one big, blatantly obvious answer. And the things and questions that actually mattered weren’t even answered. Thanks a lot Braham.

So the witch is dead. Yay. Excuse my lack of joy, I’m too busy drowning my disappointment in pudding.

dude there is one or two more updates. chill

Posted by: Cardon.4092

Cardon.4092

C) Selling Tormented weapons on the store just makes me angry that there’s no way to get them besides random. It’s a slap on the face for any GW1 veterans who had them and loved them.

In my book, every single player who used those ugly things in Guild Wars 1 deserved a decent slap across the face for some time. Doubly so in combination with FoW, Bandana and Chaos gloves.

Posted by: Shawker.9587

Shawker.9587

I really liked all LS, some updates and fight mechanics was just amazing but talking about the ending i was hoping for some answers which never came.

Server: Blackgate
Profession: Dolyak Ass Kicker

CharrGirl.7896

I honestly don’t undersatnd some of you lot.

You complained months before something int he lines of “if this doesn’t end up in Elder Dragon we’ll gather torches and pitch forks and kill Anet staff” – type of hate.

Now that you finally got your wish, you still complain? What did you expect? If this didn?t end up in a dragon awakening would you also kitten about it?

Somebody explain this to me please.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

There’s one more in this arc – an epilogue in two weeks. Given what we’re going to be up against whenever a new arc kicks off, I don’t think we’ll have all the answers yet, but hopefully enough for some loose ends to be tied.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Gwylen.3462

Gwylen.3462

Really, really great climax to the season The ending scene gave me shivers and the mechanics of the scarlet hologram boss battle was really enjoyable and intense too! I love the AOE’s and mechanics for that fight

Kas and Jory was adorable too and it was nice to have some emotional moments and scares in that instance, with Braham getting injured and telling Rox to go on but also with the Marjory getting knocked down….. Kas was seriously, seriously kitten in this patch Particularly with her taunting of Scarlet, when you’re trying to land the finishing blow o:

The final cinematic was beautifully done, really epic Very excited for season two and to see what all this dragon stuff is about
Season 1 although it’s had it’s flaws at times has seriously been a joy to play through and that ending was just the perfect finisher to it all ^^ Very glad to see all the biconics still standing too c:

That said, the cutscene has also raised so many more questions xD It’s kinda a shame we didn’t get to hear Scarlet out in the end, I’d have liked to hear her stance on what she did…also Caithe’s secret, we never got to hear it o:
But I completely understand that what she’d done by then was far from justifiable, so it does make sense that Braham ect wanted to rid Tyria of her as soon as possible before she played another disappearing act on us xD

Overall, amazing patch, amazing ending to the season! ^^

Gwylen (Aurora Glade [EU])

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharGwyl

(edited by Gwylen.3462)

DarksunG.9537

You complained months before something int he lines of “if this doesn’t end up in Elder Dragon we’ll gather torches and pitch forks and kill Anet staff” – type of hate.

Now that you finally got your wish, you still complain? What did you expect? If this didn?t end up in a dragon awakening would you also kitten about it?

Can you show me a person who wanted an ED then was complaining about it ending in an ED? cuz I can’t.

Huh? why do people keep saying that? this was supposed to be the official END of LS season 1. The next part is the “gap” before features. (which I wish they just dropped the LS for.. guh)

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Modremoth is obviously going to take control of the Aetherblades and the Molten Alliance and is already in charge of the Nightmare Court including the Toxic Alliance Members and since he took credit for his head Champion’s idea(to the chargrin of said head Champion who wants herself and not her master to be recognized as the brains for her master’s awakening) of using Obelisks as means to get the Krait on his side we have Krait to deal with…

The villain of the Blood Legion Homeland is likely to be the Blood Legion themselves and since ArenaNet likes villain alliances the Blood Legion will join the Sons of Svanir obviously.

The armies of Kralkatorrik will most likely have not just the Branded humans and Charr but also Branded Forgotten and Branded Awakened that formerly served Palawa Joke before corruption….

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I know.

Thing is, this has to be all things to everyone, and I just don’t think that’s possible. And because we can, we’re going to talk about it. There will be complaints and unhappiness from unimpressed, disinterested and uninterested people – even when and if they do get what they’ve asked for. It’s just par for the course. It’s useful for Anet to get their feedback for the most part, as well.
On the flipside, there will be people who are quite happy, and maybe they don’t talk about it as much, but there again, that’s how this whole thread started.

We’re all made up of different experiences and expectations which influence our likes and dislikes. Add in it’s always possible to enjoy something whilst taking issue with some of its parts (I usually fall into this category regarding the game), and I hope I’ve helped answer a little. Unless you were being rhetorical, in which case, I am fail.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I though the ending scenes were fantastic. The kind of kick in the pants this game needed in cinematics.

Gameplay… meh. I actually crashed on Scarlet’s ship and that’s why I won it because it logged me back in able to do the finale instance. Gameplay still has a ways to go and felt pretty messy here.

But that elder dragon ending… awesome.

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

The cinematic with Marjory and Kasmeer caught me off guard, but not the way you’re thinking. When she ran over and kneeled, I first thought it was static, using pre-existing animations, but the second she started moving differently I became invested. There’s a lot of great touches in the scene; Kasmeer’s facial expressions of terror and sorrow (she looked completely lost and looked about to cry out for anyone to help) which in turn became relief and joy, Kasmeer’s body language (looking around, shoulders dropping, cradling Marjory) and of course the icing on the cake at the end was sweet.

The artistic animation afterwards was as wonderfully drawn as it always is, but we definitely need more cinematics using in-game animations and models in the future. Fantastic work all around.

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Thats what I am stating here, it’s poor because if they made it anything decent like an actual romance people would start sharpening their pitchforks stating ArenaNet is trying to push a political agenda for homosexuality. Instead ArenaNet did the best they could in regards to this relationship, lesbians and cheap romance with a kiss.

Actually, it’s the opposite. If they made it a solid relationship, people wouldn’t complain (that much) about homosexuality. Their romance, however, is highly intrusive and very shallow – for this reason many people, myself included, feel that the only point of this relationship was to include a minority token into the game.

Posted by: Tranquillity.8697

Tranquillity.8697

Looking back now at the complete Living Story so far i think ArenaNet did pretty well.
The Living World started a bit shaky and didn’t make much sense until the last few patches.
But now with the whole story beeing complete i like it VERY much and i’m very excited to see how they will add new stuff in the future.
I’m still thinking living world CAN’T replace traditional Add-Ons but for me the last few patches were very entertaining.

Thank you ArenaNet for this great game

[Elona Reach]

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Expansion inc? I hope so!

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

- Anet, the story told nothing to us!
- Wait for the next, it will be good.

• one patch later
    - This still doesnt explain anything!
    - Wait for the next, it will be good.

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Well again, I gotta say, I loved the end. Was predictable as about the Dragon, I mean, if we wouldn’t get a Dragon next I would rage quit this. But now we know All this was for and problably who was inside Scarlets head. I mean I can’t be the only one thinking that Mordremoth was th voice inside her and made her doing this, so he could wake up.

And if I’m right this also means that the only race that was safe from the corruption of the Dragon isn’t anymore, if whta I think happened is correct, Mordremoth corrupted Scarlet and made her doing all this. Sylvaris can be corrupted by Mordremoth (kinda makes sence, jungle dragon behing able to corrupt “jungle” race)

I curious about the next patch to get some final answers, till then, finish Archivements and PvP till march 18th

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I personally enjoyed this patch alot! The quality of the living story has been rising more and more with every update. I can’t wait for the epilogue, and more than all, I can’t wait to see what they’ll do with season 2. Good Job Arenanet!

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

I don’t recall such comment and I would say that I find it sad that I correctly assume that the weed will be involved with the Forest Elder Dragon. The whole Living Story was a flop when that weed came in and its insulting that they use it to lead up to the dragon, rather than just write about the dragon themselves.

Not going to happen. They get more money with the Gemshop and “free” fanfic content with half or less the effort of making an Expansion.

DarksunG.9537

Not going to happen. They get more money with the Gemshop and “free” fanfic content with half or less the effort of making an Expansion.

yeah. I remember back when the game was in development Colin said they would like to make expansions/purchasable content blocks so that they had to earn their keep. (if the content was bad, people wouldn’t buy it) that got scrapped real quick.

Based on this past LS, I would rather they scrap the LS & go for 100% features. Races, Classes, gear, dungeons, non-combat systems, housing, mounts, more visual customization, zones. etc…

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I think it’s perfectly fine to criticize content, but at the same time you have to remember this is an MMO and their primary focus is seldom to tell a story in detail; there is obviously writers and I don’t mean to diminish their work but when designing a game there is only so much you can add in a timely manner and MMOs are made up by a lot of components.

I think a lot of mmo design is to let -you- make your story, the tools are provided but the imagination is in large part yours as you make your journey through the game, whatever holds your interest. I’m glad that there is a red thread, and a substantial amount of lore to draw upon, but i’m not going to expect a novel to detail out the ending of this story arc. In addition, there is plenty of stuff with Kasmeer & Marjory (and indeed a fair bit with Rox and Braham) that has been around and added through the months prior, so it’s not a huge leap of imagination to see this conclusion of -their- journey. I didn’t get every little detail of their interactions, but that’s cool, I understand.

That’s not to say that there is always a ‘good enough’ amount of writing to satisfy you, like for example I personally question the Aetherblades to an extent, which seems a bit vague as to why they would have stuck around as long as they have. But hopefully we’ll get more information – it is just an end, not the end.

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

They are there out of fear and though Scarlet’s dead her boss has just woke up so they won’t be leaving anytime soon.

The Flame Legion still want gear from the Dredge and the Dredge still want Fire Magic so they will serve Modremoth as Scarlet’s benefactor.

The Krait want Obelisk Shards to meet their Prophets and so will side with Modremoth since it has obviously told Scarlet where the Obelisk Shards are(Scarlet of course would debate this due to her immense pride despite being Modremoth’s lieutenant and head Dragon Champion)

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

Yeah people will whine and complain even if you give them exactly what they ask for. I for one really enjoyed this last update. I think the end fight with her in the solo instance seemed a tad bit cut short, but overall it was good. The cutscenes were as good as I had hoped. Fix up the bugs so we can complete a whole event and I think this will be one of the best ones yet.

As for the boss fights, I think they were pretty well done. I enjoyed them all (well almost all since I get d/c at the end every time)

And one last note for everyone saying “where’s the answers….this went nowhere….blah blah blah”:

Go back and do the final solo instance. Click each of the computers and read them in her little command center. It tells you right there that experts need to be brought in to decipher it all. We know there’s one more small bit coming…so be patient. Answers will be given.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Everyone around that office must be holding hands and dancing in a field of flowers with an acoustic guitar.

THIS was Game of Thrones quality?! Have they not WATCHED IT?!

I’m allergic to flowers. But indeed, we are holding hands and dancing.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

And on a more serious note. We do appreciate that most of this thread has stayed on-topic and constructive. It is the exact kind of feedback we look for. Keep up the good work and report the posts which violate the Forum Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Only two things truly impressed me, Kasmeer’s impressively kitten y (Edit- odd they censor that word, it essentially means to look stupid, foolish.) eyes and her equally impressive cleavage.

Okay, okay, everything was fun, but the overall story does not make 100% sense and the waking elder dragon was in no way mind blowing, just predicable.

I am glad many loved it so much, but some people need to stop exaggerating.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

(edited by Aedelric.1287)

Posted by: Synyster.7134

Synyster.7134

I have never truly felt like a hero in the living story, that is until now. This updates quality is through the roof. slow claps

DarksunG.9537

Yeah people will whine and complain even if you give them exactly what they ask for.

I keep hearing this. Who are the phantom people who complained about getting what they wanted? It just seems like you’re vilifying people to make a point.

I have never truly felt like a hero in the living story, that is until now. This updates quality is through the roof. slow claps

I do not think slow clap means what you think it means. or.. sarcasm? innanet is making it hard to tell!

I am glad many loved it so much, but some people need to stop exaggerating.

Yeah. Haven’t seen “mindblown” & “feels” used in such a hyperbolous way. course.. it is the innanet.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Well after this got fixed, i ran the whole quest through and it was a blast! I have to say that the end just has me totally excited for what comes next!!!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Heras Death.9864

Heras Death.9864

even i squealed ‘oh kitten’ during cutscene that she awoken the dragon DAMMM…EPIC!!!!!!!! and the kiss…is cute i want my female toon to join kitten :p

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

So excited with the Kas & Jory story. I’ve had that last scene of them as my desktop background for a while now, ever since I screencapped it on my first play through on Dev servers. swoon

And that battle is awesome!

Mines the part where Scarlett’s laying dead with a smile on her face…..love it..best event to date!