The Miasma is...

The Miasma is...

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Hylek poison!

Some Priory members said that the hylek told them that the poison will find its way out of the body over time, but the Priory didn’t know why the hylek knew about the poison.

Scarlet trained with the hylek for a while back before becoming Scarlet, and that’s the only part of her training that hasn’t played a role yet.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

The Miasma is...

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Unless the hyleks where affected by it somehow years ago and they did know where it’s from even if the hyleks are not the “creators” of it.

What if the miasma is from Tequatl? Hyleks are known flee from the sea because of dragons, and maybe some hyleks fleed to land because of Tequatl. Maybe tequatl poisoned some hyleks and they learned how it works that way, and maybe scarlet did get that poison…

There is a lot of “maybes” but i don’t think hyleks are the poison source.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

The Miasma is...

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Unless the hyleks where affected by it somehow years ago and they did know where it’s from even if the hyleks are not the “creators” of it.

What if the miasma is from Tequatl? Hyleks are known flee from the sea because of dragons, and maybe some hyleks fleed to land because of Tequatl. Maybe tequatl poisoned some hyleks and they learned how it works that way, and maybe scarlet did get that poison…

You know Hylek are masters of poison, right? Long before Tequatl.

“The hylek are a Tyrian frogman species. They have lately spread in increasing numbers along coasts surrounding the Sea of Sorrows, such as the Tarnished Coast, the Krytan coasts, and the coasts to the west of the Shiverpeak Mountains. Although once reclusive and xenophobic, some of the hylek tribes now welcome trade with outsiders. Other tribes, especially those that produce the deadliest toxins, are still very hostile. Their hostility can be determined by their colors – blue hylek are always friendly, green are mostly friendly, orange/yellow are mostly hostile, and red are always hostile. Hylek are renowned alchemists for their mastery of poisons and antidotes”.
-Wiki

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

The Miasma is...

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

“Something about bonfires” is about as much as we know on how the Hylek figured out some details. The Hylek also weren’t too keen on sharing that info as the Priory weren’t directly told.

I’m not fully sure how a bonfire would help with poison analysis… unless it involves cremation.

Attachments:

The Miasma is...

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

“Something about bonfires” is about as much as we know on how the Hylek figured out some details. The Hylek also weren’t too keen on sharing that info as the Priory weren’t directly told.

I’m not fully sure how a bonfire would help with poison analysis… unless it involves cremation.

The game leads us to understand that they did discover stuff, and though it sounds cryptic, I’m sure ANET will explain it within the next few weeks/days.

The Miasma is...

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I"m going with the miasma is improperly disposed of bloodstone dust…..I mean how else would the sky turn red? The sky is thick with this red powdery substance which has covered the sky.

Think before destroying your bloodstone dust, pollution is terrible.

The Miasma is...

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I thought it was a play on ‘my asthma’. :\

The Miasma is...

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Yes, the bonfire was intended to indicate they were burning the corpses of their dead

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

The Miasma is...

EnemyCrusher.7324

That sounds feasible. We do use hylek turrets to cleanse the poison in the fight against Tequatl. Although Scarlet hardly seemed to be harvesting that poison during the fight.

“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

The Miasma is...

EnemyCrusher.7324

I forgot about that bonfires part. It could be related to cremation, but it could also be that gathering around bonfires causes the poison to come out in the sweat. I feel like it’s probably something more interesting though.