To encourage players to split up?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Heaps of people on here whinging about the ‘zerg’ mentality, and now Anet comes up with a way to improve battle tactics? And still some people moan… >_<

Except they increased the Knights toughness as well. I was doing 4K Unloads before the change, now I’m only doing 2.4K Unloads. It was already made tougher by requiring no mass zerging, BUT THEY MADE IT EVEN HARDER ON TOP OF IT.

It feels like they haven’t ever made content like this before. Shouldn’t we have these encounters down to a freaking science by now?

They should have left the toughness as it was before the patch, and then adjusted if it needed adjusting (protip, it wouldn’t have needed it). But this on top of the mass zerging block? Anet, you disappoint me, I expect more common sense.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

The only problem is that the “zerg” tends to be slow when it comes to adapting new mechanics. It took me at least 1 day to convince people to not split because that is the best thing that worked, now we have a new patch and at least another day will pass until people realized that you can only 50 man one knight and have to split up. Another example would be tequatl, he now spawns at uneven hours.. will take at least a week until everyone knows that.

I think it would be a really nice feature if A.Net would send patch notes via ingame mail to people, especially when it comes to changing core mechanics of a fight.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: RottenRagamuffin.3159

RottenRagamuffin.3159

So, they nerf the loot AND make it harder, and don’t compensate us for the bugged loot we missed? This “finale” might be the worst LS event thus far. My friend was actually having fun with the new champ chest fun, it was great fun to get a lot of boxes to open. But this? No, this is bad. Very bad. No one’s going to come to these events much anymore, I’m afraid, at least on my server, which is one of the lower pop- servers.

Why make a grindy game where it takes months to get the T6 mats for a legendary, then punish people for getting adequate loot for once? It’s silly.

Agree. I’ve done this event a number of times now, and received loot on only my first attempt (that was on the first day). I just watched my hubby participate in a post-patch event, only to see it’s been made harder, but at least he got a loot drop, albeit with no core! (Do these things even exist…? :\ )

And as for the knight’s scaling- no, no they don’t. Tried to do this last night (SEA) time, with perhaps 15 people and barely made a dent in one of the knights, let alone kill three of them within six minutes. So… no quick knight kill equates to no Knightfall achievement; no getting anywhere near the Breachmaker to attempt the hologram kill; which means all of the achievements associated with that event are also out of reach.

And… heaven help any hapless condition appliers that happen to be one of the 50 buffed players at one of the “new and improved” knight events…

(SBI)

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Heaps of people on here whinging about the ‘zerg’ mentality, and now Anet comes up with a way to improve battle tactics? And still some people moan… >_<

Except they increased the Knights toughness as well. I was doing 4K Unloads before the change, now I’m only doing 2.4K Unloads. It was already made tougher by requiring no mass zerging, BUT THEY MADE IT EVEN HARDER ON TOP OF IT.

It feels like they haven’t ever made content like this before. Shouldn’t we have these encounters down to a freaking science by now?

They should have left the toughness as it was before the patch, and then adjusted if it needed adjusting (protip, it wouldn’t have needed it). But this on top of the mass zerging block? Anet, you disappoint me, I expect more common sense.

Yea, I don’t know what needed fixing other than the loot.

It goes a little something like this:

1. People are getting too much loot.
2. Disable loot and call it a bug
3. Implement ‘Bug’ patch that ‘fixes’ loot and also makes it much harder to get — all the while screwing groups that aren’t able to down a knight.

You don’t tend to adjust difficulty and quantity, when all you wanted to do was fix a bug, correct?

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

3. Implement ‘Bug’ patch that ‘fixes’ loot and also makes it much harder to get — all the while screwing groups that aren’t able to down a knight.

You don’t tend to adjust difficulty and quantity, when all you wanted to do was fix a bug, correct?

For some reason I can see the champ trains becoming much more popular again tomorrow.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

So, they nerf the loot AND make it harder, and don’t compensate us for the bugged loot we missed? This “finale” might be the worst LS event thus far. My friend was actually having fun with the new champ chest fun, it was great fun to get a lot of boxes to open. But this? No, this is bad. Very bad. No one’s going to come to these events much anymore, I’m afraid, at least on my server, which is one of the lower pop- servers.

Why make a grindy game where it takes months to get the T6 mats for a legendary, then punish people for getting adequate loot for once? It’s silly.

Agree. I’ve done this event a number of times now, and received loot on only my first attempt (that was on the first day). I just watched my hubby participate in a post-patch event, only to see it’s been made harder, but at least he got a loot drop, albeit with no core! (Do these things even exist…? :\ )

And as for the knight’s scaling- no, no they don’t. Tried to do this last night (SEA) time, with perhaps 15 people and barely made a dent in one of the knights, let alone kill three of them within six minutes. So… no quick knight kill equates to no Knightfall achievement; no getting anywhere near the Breachmaker to attempt the hologram kill; which means all of the achievements associated with that event are also out of reach.

And… heaven help any hapless condition appliers that happen to be one of the 50 buffed players at one of the “new and improved” knight events…

WELL if they are NOT scaling we have a problem here that can not be fixed by what Anet just did!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

kokiman.2364

For some reason I can see the champ trains becoming much more popular again tomorrow.

Yeah because god forbid some challenge in the game, people rather autoattack bosses for hours instead of having a small challenge.

What happened with gamers these days?

GuildWars 2

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Yeah because god forbid some challenge in the game, people rather autoattack bosses for hours instead of having a small challenge.

Was not the challenge I was referring too actually, although many might find this to be to challenging to them with the blue auto-heal (bug?). I was referring to the 2/3 reduction in loot being offered now as the champ farming just became more lucrative.

kokiman.2364

Was not the challenge I was referring too actually, although many might find this to be to challenging to them with the blue auto-heal (bug?). I was referring to the 2/3 reduction in loot being offered now as the champ farming just became more lucrative.

And there are so many dungeons that are more lucrative than champ farming. Yet people don’t do that. I mean who cares for the loot in this event anyways? There will be a few lucky people who get the rare skins and that’s it. Does this change anything about the fact that we had a pretty cool fight and killed scarlet?

GuildWars 2

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Worst part is that they expect a full 150 person server to NOT have a bunch of morons screaming “WHERE’S PETER!?!?!?!?!?!!?” or “Who’s up for spider queen achieve!”

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: risa.1382

risa.1382

I’ve already seen people saying “why go help the other two if we won’t get extra loot.” Please stop the zerg content, these are the attitudes that my own success and enjoyment depend on at these things…

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I dunno, but for some reason I have a feeling that we won’t be seeing the hologram fight very often now. I still haven’t seen a succesful splitted kill and now this change when people are already starting to lose interest in the fight?

I hope my feeling is wrong.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

It’s funny because as an engineer, my only real option is to stand there braindead for half the fight using rifle autoattack when I’d much rather be more actively participating.

And fail anyway. I’ve done it a few times since patch and every time the knight I was on failed. Feels great.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

The thing is you can’t force players to do the right thing in a fight. We just made it to the holo room, just to have that fail because of four players…complete waste of time that could have been avoided if scaled to instanced guild raids.

Otherwise we will continue to see open world events like this to cause more frustration in the next year to come.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

re-posting of a re-posting since I apparently feel strongly about this.

So the problem as I see it is there is no reason at all for the first 50 players fighting a Knight to leave since they will be the one’s getting the rewards regardless if the event fails.

If an overflow has 110 players there will be: 50 on blue, 50 on red, 10 on green (which will fail). Those on red & blue will get loot, green nothing.

re-posting this from another thread

So just got back from trying out the new mechanics & reward system and this is how it played out.

Ran to blue first at random (and because I want the blue back piece…worth a shot). Soon realized I wasn’t getting the attunement and so doing 0 damage.

Immediately asked in map chat who was under 50. Understandably it was hard for anyone to tell in the midst of battle.
A note here, since I have my culling turned all the way down it was impossible to tell how many players were anywhere. I’m sure I’m not the only one having to do this due to crashing with culling turned up.

Looked at the status of the 3 Knights and saw that green was behind so rushed off to go help, hoping there wasn’t already 50 there. There wasn’t…GREAT!…finally doing some damage.

Of course there was only maybe 10 there, the rest were finishing off Red & Blue (no reason to leave if you are already in the first 50).

We unlucky 10 ineffectually wailed on Green until the timer ran out…fail.

Those who where lucky enough to be in the 50 for Red and Blue got a chest…those that ran to Green to help…nothing.

My suggestions:

• Make a simple windowed time (unreliant upon a 50 max player cap) in which the Knights need to be killed, within the total max time of 12 minutes.
  • Make the status of the Knights during the event display throughout the entire map. When downed and waypointing or just entering there is no way to tell where to go until you get there, and by then it’s often too late.
  • If the event succeeds all get the appropriate loot. If a person is lucky enough to get a core they choose (much like choosing a reward from a personal story) which core they get. If the event fails no one get anything.

That would simply work. So far this simply isn’t.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

(edited by Wasbunny.6531)

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

And there are so many dungeons that are more lucrative than champ farming. Yet people don’t do that. I mean who cares for the loot in this event anyways? There will be a few lucky people who get the rare skins and that’s it. Does this change anything about the fact that we had a pretty cool fight and killed scarlet?

Some people simply don’t like the hassle of doing dungeons.

One of the big things the knights dropped were cores, now that you only get one chance of getting a core instead of three, most people who were gunning for a colored back may feel they will be better off doing other activities for gold, so they can just buy the cores from the TP, instead of trying to get them from the events.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

desolate did it with about 30 -45 in each knight, … it’s very doable. though we havent got the 6 min achieve.

I have seen the knights beaten twice already. I don’t believe they’ve gotten harder, just less people on one knight, also people might be forgetting the buff.

1st knight beat = no core, 2nd knight beat = 1 core. Others have gotten more

Taygus.4571

It’s funny because as an engineer, my only real option is to stand there braindead for half the fight using rifle autoattack when I’d much rather be more actively participating.

And fail anyway. I’ve done it a few times since patch and every time the knight I was on failed. Feels great.

You’re not the one making the knight fail. It’s not a 1 person meses up =failure etc,
I’m also using a condition build, I spend half the fight rezzing people. and adding buffs when I can.

Try doing the same.

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

This event is in dire need of proper scaling. Around 2am est I was on Gandara (EU). I tried guesting to Deso but ofc I hit the overflow of doom. My point is, we didn’t even have enough people to take down one knight. (tbh it was dps/coordination fail.) Even if we had decent dps we probably wouldn’t have been able to do all three. To me this is a design problem that needs to be addressed if they intend on adding more content like the knights, tequatl, and the wurm.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

So.

Did I (and my server) just miss the 6 min achievment?

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

It’s hard to justify splitting up when not having enough people at your knight guarantees you no loot. 40 people at the blue knight, 40 people at the red knight, and 10 people at the green knight.

Those 10 at the green are completely wasting their time.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

This is once again proof that you should do everything you can in the first few days of an update when there’s enough players, loot is good and they havent’ changed the fights to worse.

Seriously, 50 people limit? Overflows where I’ve tried the equal split mechanic always failed due to over-stacking Red. Zerg, then move on, has worked every time. Again seems like fixing something that isn’t broken instead of badly needed fixes to things that ARE broken!

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

so, how do you know if you are number 51, or 49th in a group?

do ‘commanders’ have special group notifications?

do we all group at one gate to LA while 3 designated Commanders pick a 50man ‘team’ each and tell the rest, try again in an hour?

ANet, does “shooting yourself in the foot” mean anything to you?

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Kumu Honua.2751

so, how do you know if you are number 51, or 49th in a group?

do ‘commanders’ have special group notifications?

do we all group at one gate to LA while 3 designated Commanders pick a 50man ‘team’ each and tell the rest, try again in an hour?

ANet, does “shooting yourself in the foot” mean anything to you?

On the right side of the screen under the event progress it says how many more buffs are available. If you do not have the buff, and it says “0” get the hell to another knight.

Taygus.4571

It’s hard to justify splitting up when not having enough people at your knight guarantees you no loot. 40 people at the blue knight, 40 people at the red knight, and 10 people at the green knight.

Those 10 at the green are completely wasting their time.

Skip the blue knight, it has an auto heal bug making it very difficult, better going red/geen.

but you only need about 35 on them

Kumu Honua.2751

Skip the blue knight, it has an auto heal bug making it very difficult, better going red/geen.

It’s not a bug. The twisted mender flock that goes by every few minutes needs to be intercepted or they will heal the assault knight.

It is highly annoying, but if they are killed before getting in range to heal the knight then everything is fine.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

You’re not the one making the knight fail. It’s not a 1 person meses up =failure etc,
I’m also using a condition build, I spend half the fight rezzing people. and adding buffs when I can.

Try doing the same.

Yes. I stand there spamming rifle, 5 elixer gun, popping my healing turret, using my regens on people, dropping Elixer R on downed folks, supply crate, combo heals, etc. I know, believe me. Most of the fight I’m just standing there looming over zerkers and trying to make sure they won’t die while plinking away with the rifle or rezzing people. And trying to get the dead to actually use waypoints.

God, do I know.

It’s some sort of role, and at least now I don’t have to try to crap DPS onto the thing to get a reward, but man, there’s a reason I never played monk in GW1. I’m no guardian, and this isn’t a role I really like playing. I had to do similar during Tequatl but there my role was much more active and involved. Had to move from turret to turret, making sure everyone was healed up while keeping adds away, keeping an eye on Teq, avoiding the waves – using actual skill and strategy. That was great fun.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Sad but true. I’m just glad I’ve got the meta done, not that the prize was worth the time spent. Over a year on this story line? For a yellow, a few obsidians, and 5 skill points? I bet I know who was in charge of the rewards for this one!

But finally spiking Scarlet was worth the couple of minutes in that instance.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

The problem with this: People who read patch notes are probably the kind of players that actually understand what is going on in the game and they will adapt. But the vast majority of players do not read thoses notes I presume. And, let´s be real about GW2´s playerbase here, most people will continue to pound on a knight for 8 minutes and be like “wut, why´s there only zeros?” and a good part does not even notice their damage numbers. So informing players via sources outside of the actual game is a very bad idea.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

This is a bungled mess and it should have been the way it was day one minus the bugs. Dramatically altering content and the strategy used to complete it several days after players have learned how to do it is a terrible idea and should only be done in the most extreme circumstances, not because you wanted players to approach it differently.

Not only do players need to “relearn” this encounter, players who learned the old way are going to be unaware of the changes and are going to hold everyone back (no amount of map chat spamming with teach many people and some will return a week from now and wonder why they aren’t able to help for the whole fight, also holding everyone back). Time limited content should not be dramatically changed unless it’s severely broken, especially when it requires the entire player base learning the encounter (in this case , learning it twice).

I get you want to improve player skill and challenge people more and I personally dislike the zerg mentality as much as most do, but dramatically altering time limited content after many players have learned it already and forcing player’s hands like this by making extra players useless (we constantly hear that as an excuse for why WvW outmanned isn’t made better – if it’s too good players will be unhappy to see allies, this is abandoned with the current design) is simply the wrong move to make. Accept that you designed the encounter poorly to accomplish your goal (it was still a fun encounter and once you got up to the ship – more fun than the ground anyway and something many players simply won’t do with the current design, the zerg split anyway), learn from it and leave it as it is minus the bugs. There will be another chance to “force” zerg splitting in the future.

Taygus.4571

they cant leave the content with bugs >.> …and there’s only so much testing they can do on private servers.

Gosh it’s not a major change in strategy, just removes, zerg red & spam 1.
Splitting is the way they originally meant the content to be!

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

they cant leave the content with bugs >.> …and there’s only so much testing they can do on private servers.

No, they just didn’t want people to get loot from multiple knights, any other reason provided is just a convenient excuse.
They would have made changes during the last living story as well otherwise, and they didn’t. And there we had people farming champs while the others tried to win the event, while getting far less rewards than the farmers if they achieved their objective.
Here the people were all cooperating, at least.

Taygus.4571

they didn’t want people to get loot from multiple Knights because they didn’t intend for people to play that way!.

They intended/expected people to split. So yes, I think its pretty understandable the change they made, no one was meant to get THAT much loot.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

they didn’t want people to get loot from multiple Knights because they didn’t intend for people to play that way!.

They intended/expected people to split. So yes, I think its pretty understandable the change they made, no one was meant to get THAT much loot.

They intended people to split during the last living story too. And they did nothing.

So, is the matter just about the loot? Some people farming champ boxes while the others do the event are fine, but getting anyone who contributed to get those isn’t?

Then, i repeat, all those “spread out” banter is just a convenient excuse for nerfing the loot. Nothing else.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They intended people to split during the last living story too. And they did nothing.

So, is the matter just about the loot? Some people farming champ boxes while the others do the event are fine, but getting anyone who contributed to get those isn’t?

Then, i repeat, all those “spread out” banter is just a convenient excuse for nerfing the loot. Nothing else.

It also tests whether or not they can get away with ‘limiting’ the number of people per champ/boss. It doesn’t leave me with a good feeling….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Acuba.4312

Acuba.4312

This decision is a bold move and a very bad one, too.

You try to force the players to play along the rules you intended but never really told. Now you change the event big time and slap us with the rule book. We needed to adapt to the event we got. It was bugged, it is often laggy and the scaling was horrible. You missed out mechanics to encourage to split up and now you change it as a whole and take every freedom out of it.

I feel treated like we are children not playing right and now you slap us to change our misbehavior. I’m sorry, I will never do it again. So please tell us in the future how we should play Guild Wars.

Regarding these changes today, I’m highly doubting that the no-loot-bug was a bug. I now think it was a quick fix to stop shoveling loot in our direction, because we acted not as suspected. It gave the developers the time to create the new restricting rules for the event while not flooding the players with gold.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s limiting at 50 people, you don’t think a 50 man zerg is enough per knight? It’s not stopping people from going from to the other.

Considering that either the damage boost from the color buff is gone, or knight got some greater damage reduction, no, quite often 50 ppl will not be enough. Organized guild groups perhaps. Pugs? Not very likely.
And it’s not even 50 – the map hardcap is no more than 150 ppl, and not everyone participates.
There was a reason why people kept zerging knights in order, and it wasn’t because of loot (which was nonexistend). It was because scaling of the event was so bad this method was the only viable for most overflows.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Kyvia.5961

Kyvia.5961

This event is really beginning to kitten me off. Bug after bug, being told it is all working as intended, and then Forcing the community to change its tactics instead of fixing other issues (such as the Holo spawn), is just infuriating. Not to mention they capped loot at 1/3 of what it was on launch day AND made it (bugged) so that if you don’t get a kill, you get no loot.

Anet, please invest in an actual PTR with testers who pay attention!

Taygus.4571

It’s limiting at 50 people, you don’t think a 50 man zerg is enough per knight? It’s not stopping people from going from to the other.

Considering that either the damage boost from the color buff is gone, or knight got some greater damage reduction, no, quite often 50 ppl will not be enough. Organized guild groups perhaps. Pugs? Not very likely.
And it’s not even 50 – the map hardcap is no more than 150 ppl, and not everyone participates.
There was a reason why people kept zerging knights in order, and it wasn’t because of loot (which was nonexistend). It was because scaling of the event was so bad this method was the only viable for most overflows.

I’ve seen it achieved with about 25-30 people per knight. Blue having more. (Multiple times!……. only time it failed was Blues overpowered mender heal in one OF, and having people split 30/30/10 on the Knights, that failed too.)

So much for your needing more than 50 people to beat a knight eh

I have yet to see all knights capped at 50, red often does, despite Blue needing it most.

Now the 6 min achieve? yeah that would probably be easier with all knights capped.
_
Also I wasn’t in a guild, just spamming map chat saying “SPLIT” “Blue needs/green needs”
No organisation needed.

Helps with commanders, but again not needed

Posted by: Eternal.9148

Eternal.9148

so, if your server doesn’t have enough numbers, if you’re not in your main map or you’re just playing with morons you can’t complete this event. that means the 99% of the time. we’ve gone from “too much loot” to “0 loot” to “hope to drop something” in just 3 days, and it’s both anet and community fault. 1st because anet once again can’t decide one for all whats good and what’s not, second because ppl can’t stop complaining on forum about everything. gj to everyone.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Because they like killing any chances at event items? Because they like nerfing anything and everything, especially stuff that doesn’t need nerfing?

Except we as players adapted a different, working strategy (granted not for the 6 min acheivement though) that, for the most part should have, guaranteed loot to everyone. They apparently just couldn’t fix the loot bug (though now I’m starting to agree with other that it wasn’t a ‘bug’ but a way for them to ‘justify’ this new way).
Hell, I’m fine with the breaking up of the zerg, but not the severe drop in amount of loot we used to be able to get. It needs to change so that everyone, regardless of which knight they’re on, gets loot based on the number of knights killed (whether all 3 are killed before time runs out, or some are killed and time runs out). Thus if you’re at blue, and kill it and the other 2 are killed, you get 3 of the ‘new’ popup chest things. Or if you’re at green and you can’t kill it before time runs out and Blue and/or Red is killed, you get the loot from those.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Taygus.4571

but they never intended for people to get THAT much loot. Geez, can’t people see that the beginning loot was a major bug?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

but they never intended for people to get THAT much loot. Geez, can’t people see that the beginning loot was a major bug?

It was never “THAT” much loot. I think it was appropriate for the amount of time spent doing it. Granted it should have been the 5 (which the original patch said it was supposed to be) instead of 6 champ boxes, but that one champ box wasn’t that much extra loot. Granted Anet might have thought it was too much, but they should not have lowered the amount after some people were already getting that much.
I don’t think 6 champ boxes and one item (if you didn’t get a power core) for each of the legendary knights was too much.
Also at least with the original way it was, we had 3 chances at power cores instead of just the one now.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Taygus.4571

it was 6 from each … players weren’t meant to do all 3, they did not account for that. (foolish, but it’s clear they did not intend for 18 chests!)

Taygus.4571

out of curiosity, were the power core chance, just 1 or multiple? (per boss)

Posted by: FANY.6524

FANY.6524

You mentioned only having 25 people, if (somehome) you’ve beat the event with those numbers. this update won’t prevent that,

I want to apologize for not replying to this last night – I didn’t even see it until I re-read the entire thread this morning. My server never beat all three nights with just 25 people (while I was there). The only times we beat it was when we zerged over all of them.

To those who are saying it is possible to defeat all three knights using 25-30 people per knight: that’s 75-90 people participating in the fight. Some servers, like mine, don’t even have that many people interested in this event any more. We had more before people got their meta, but now that the event has gotten into it’s third day… People don’t care any more. Loots not that great, and the mechanic is annoying. Why should they keep playing?

To the people who are saying that it’s easy with fewer people: you have to take into account that sometimes – yes – you do get some great people who pay attention and listen and do their best to achieve maximum results, but most of the time you’ll probably have a dozen or more pugs that are running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Although we do try to inform everyone of the mechanics before and during a fight, it just doesn’t always pan out.

Loot Drops: Last night before I logged, my server did the 50 man zerg. We managed to kill one knight just as time ran out, and we received one chest. I got 6 Deluxe Gear Boxes and two cores.

Please quote me again if you asked or have any questions. Thanks guys.

Ashe Walker
Prescribed [Rx]

(edited by FANY.6524)

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

it was 6 from each … players weren’t meant to do all 3, they did not account for that. (foolish, but it’s clear they did not intend for 18 chests!)

And tell me what is the issue with getting that much loot? Does it hurt anything what so ever. This has been the issue with the game from the beginning that getting loot and having fun keeps getting nerfed.

I do not care if they meant it or not. To me I believe they did to start with. But to each their own.

Good luck trying to get the 6min achieve. Never going to happen this way. Was in an overflow yesterday for the first try after the patch. We had max people at each knight from the way it sounded. I was at red. We were doing great DPS as a group and yet it still took 10min just to down one knight. We all did kill all the knights with about a min to spare. Even mowed threw the hologram. Was a great overflow

To me they should of just kept it the way they initially had it. Made it more fun for everyone and is that not the reason we are playing is to have fun?

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

I don’t mind the splitting up mechanics, I actually like it more than the huge zerging down in a row.

I do mind the fact that you don’t get ANY rewards if you didn’t kill a knight, as opposed to the patch notes, which also means if you end up at a knight with only 5 or so people and the other 2 are fully loaded in attunements, you’re out of luck; same if you try to actually fight your knight.

I do mind the fact that they upped the knights’ toughness, so now you only do about half the damage you did before the patch. Couple that with a hard cap of maps of supposedly 150 people, a rough estimate of 1/3 or so not even participating because they want other achievements, huge portions of the people playing the events always downing/dying to the knights, due to lack of skill or lag (sometimes the AOE circles are invisible and if you got a bad culling moment the knight becomes invisible, too, in which you have NO indicator of what is going to happen), and the event becomes a chore and doomed to fail.

I got all my achievements from the LS, because I was lucky enough to do everything before things got ‘improved’, but this new fix seems to not work as intended, go against the idea of the LS being open for everyone (pugging is just awful if you require it to be coordinated / with skilled people) and wasting time by excluding players from the events.

I understand the general idea behind all that, I might even see that the knights’ rewards are kind of the ‘bonus’, since you can skip to the Scarlet instance with a backpiece, I just think the executing is pretty sloppy.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It would be good to know how the knights scale exactly, so we could at least put rumors of that being an issue at rest.

Or report them as bugs.

If the max is 50 people, then it should scale between 35 and 50. Anything more would be impractical.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: FANY.6524

FANY.6524

I understand the general idea behind all that, I might even see that the knights’ rewards are kind of the ‘bonus’, since you can skip to the Scarlet instance with a backpiece, I just think the executing is pretty sloppy.

I did like that we could skip all of that, but I also really liked the battle against the Knights and the Holos. I thought it was major fun (though, I know others don’t agree). Now, we may not be able to get to the Holos.

I’m not saying that splitting up isn’t going to work for everyone, but technically 50 people is still a zerg. It’s still zerging. It’s just smaller than what it would have been for some servers.

I know some people are saying that it’s supposed to be like the marionette and yadda yadda… I liked the marionette event, too. My server also never beat it (to my knowledge) because we just don’t have enough people to split like that. I’m going to be very disappointed if this sort of mechanic continues to be implemented on such a large scale.

Ashe Walker
Prescribed [Rx]