Wardrobe Question - Legendary

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: AlphaWolf.2709

AlphaWolf.2709

So I’m feeling very confused about this after today’s blog post. I myself have made Twilight for my mesmer. Does this mean that after the patch I will be able to have a legendary GS on all of my characters simply because I made it once on my mesmer?
Anet some clarification would be awesome!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Yes, that’s exactly what it means. Legendaries unlock as skins just like any other piece of gear once you equip it to one of your characters (and I assume you’ve equipped it on your Mesmer).

AlphaWolf.2709

When you say skins, does this mean I’ll be able to withdraw a legendary for each of my characters (full stats and all) or will it be like the Zenith weapons where it’s a skin that you have to apply over an existing item that has stats?

Posted by: Minae Iss.7054

Minae Iss.7054

It will be very much like the zenith weapons, only integrated into the hero panel to apply directly to your armor/weapons and with a cost.

AlphaWolf.2709

So the prestige of having a legendary is completely gone. We will see level 1 key farmers with legendary weapons and T3 cultural. Tell me ANET, what incentive do we have to keep playing your game?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Skins are different from having a Legendary weapon that can swap stats.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

So the prestige of having a legendary is completely gone. We will see level 1 key farmers with legendary weapons and T3 cultural. Tell me ANET, what incentive do we have to keep playing your game?

Nobody is going to waste valuable Transmutation Charges to make their key farmers look fancy..

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Just like the level 4 player inside Hell’s Precipice in GW1!

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Keep pretending you speak for everyone buddy.

Pretty much everyone else has wanted this skin wardrobe for PvE since launch. And please use “I” because you’re alone on this.

Posted by: Archangelus.8671

Archangelus.8671

So the prestige of having a legendary is completely gone. We will see level 1 key farmers with legendary weapons and T3 cultural.

You can do this right now if you want to. Transmute a Legendary skin onto a white weapon, put it in your bank, and pick it up on a key farmer. The same thing applies to all armor, even Ascended Armor. True, this system will make the process a lot more obvious, but the tradeoff is that we all get the amazing convenience of only needing to make 1 of each Legendary we like. There will no longer be a need to make 2 Frostfangs or 2 Incinerators for dual wielding, which is nice.

Additionally, I doubt most people will change their looks that much. I know my Legendaries would go awful with my other characters, and have already resolved not to use them on anything except the character that fits the theme. Nobody is so boring that they run the same weapons on every character, not for long anyway. There’s so much variety and horizontal progression in this game, the temptation to make a collection of themed alts with non-Legendary skins is far more appealing than having a bunch of carbon-copied weapon sets.

I’ll grant you, they will no longer feel like precious gemstones. Instead, they become the ultimate unlocks, which is what most of the community has been crying out for since release. Overall, this change isn’t without a small downside, but the benefits far outweigh the relatively small loss of prestige that comes from an easier transmutation process (essentially that is all this is, a faster way to do things we already can).

(edited by Archangelus.8671)

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Nobody is going to waste valuable Transmutation Charges to make their key farmers look fancy..

I did. My key farmer equip have some t3 human armor elements and fractal weapons :p. I even put dragon wings on him

Attachments:

(edited by Sergoros.4398)

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Not by any means, a key farmer still had to earn the legendary weapon in the first place, the prestige is theirs simply for obtaining it, so what if they want to put it on one of their lower levels or even a key farming character, they have a right to do with their equipment whatever they will, they worked hard for it, if not crafting the weapon themselves, then earning the cash with which to buy it. I don’t know about you, but its no meager task earning 1.2~4k gold. At any rate its already possible to give a key farmer your legendary, so by no means does this change anything.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

The thing people also seem to be missing is that this is just the skin. It is the appearance of a Legendary without the always BoS interchangeable stats of the thing itself.

If you just want to look like you have two of the same legendary you could stick the skin on another one, but if you want to actually have two legendaries you would still need to make another one.

For me, this might actually give me incentive to get a legendary because I find them to be absolutely hideous. There isn’t a single one I like the look of, nor the special effects that accompany them. With this system I can mask the Legendary appearance without ever losing it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

The thing people also seem to be missing is that this is just the skin. It is the appearance of a Legendary without the always BoS interchangeable stats of the thing itself.

If you just want to look like you have two of the same legendary you could stick the skin on another one, but if you want to actually have two legendaries you would still need to make another one.

For me, this might actually give me incentive to get a legendary because I find them to be absolutely hideous. There isn’t a single one I like the look of, nor the special effects that accompany them. With this system I can mask the Legendary appearance without ever losing it.

Could’ve done that already by transmuting it onto another skin. And if you wanted it back to use a transmutation splitter.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Could’ve done that already by transmuting it onto another skin. And if you wanted it back to use a transmutation splitter.

First off, splitters have only recently even existed. It used to be that there were no options at all. After that the process of using crystals, which are almost exclusively acquired through Gems, and splitters for this sort of thing is wasteful. In the new system it isn’t at all.

So yes, I could have done it, but I wouldn’t have. Which is why I never did.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539