transparent halo?

transparent halo?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Did someone forget to apply the texture overlay to it? Doesn’t look right if left like this

Attachments:

transparent halo?

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Still planning to get it, but yeah would have been nice if it was a bit less transparent, and be more yellow or gold looking.

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

transparent halo?

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Turn animations up to medium and it gets a nice shine.

elite specs ruined pvp.

transparent halo?

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

For something that expensive, the visual effect is really disappointing.
It’s transparent so you can’t really see it if the camera is too far.
And the sparkles are so weak…

On the contrary the devil horns fire is visible. So I guess it’s better to be selfish in this game.

transparent halo?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I’m still trying to figure out why anyone is paying 10 gold for something that is 100% cosmetic.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

transparent halo?

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I’m still trying to figure out why anyone is paying 10 gold for something that is 100% cosmetic.

Because it is 100% cosmetic. The value is with the beholder.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

transparent halo?

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Still need fix on asura first.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

transparent halo?

Zanshin.5379

10 gold is nothing for most people who have been playing this game for some time.

transparent halo?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I’ve been playing since beta and lord knows I’ve spent tons of gold on everything from armor, to runes and sigils (good lord those runes and sigils), but I just can’t seem to bring myself to paying 10 gold for something that does nothing FOR me. Maybe 5 gold along with the 250 heirlooms, but 10 is just…i dunno. maybe if i spent 1000000 hours doing dungeons I wouldn’t think too much of the cost, but still.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

transparent halo?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Because what else would you buy then? Everything in this game is pretty much cosmetic. You have legendaries, T3 armor, gem store armor, various rare weapon skins, etc. You may be playing the wrong game if you find relatively cheap purchases for cosmetic purposes as shocking.

transparent halo?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

For me… I just keep thinking, in a year, new players will see the halo and be like “whoa, what is that? Where can I get it?” And I can feel special. (I know, I know. Just a game and blah blah)

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

transparent halo?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Because 10g is nothing. Even the most casual people can farm it faster than the 250 heirlooms it requires in addition.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

transparent halo?

Zanshin.5379

I’ve been playing since beta and lord knows I’ve spent tons of gold on everything from armor, to runes and sigils (good lord those runes and sigils), but I just can’t seem to bring myself to paying 10 gold for something that does nothing FOR me. Maybe 5 gold along with the 250 heirlooms, but 10 is just…i dunno. maybe if i spent 1000000 hours doing dungeons I wouldn’t think too much of the cost, but still.

So you’re saying that you don’t care what your character looks like as long as you have the stats? Do you run with full pearl weapons and draconic armor (or another basic skin)?

I do think that 10 gold is expensive for the end result. As I’ve said above, the effect is clearly too weak and the transparency makes the halo hard to see. BUT if the graphics department actually fixes that and makes the halo actually awesome looking, I don’t mind paying 10 gold.

transparent halo?

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

This definitely needs a fix Anet, with some lightings it gets impossible to see the halo. It should’ve been more gold-like and less transparent imo :/

transparent halo?

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Yeah it has some sparkles, but it is definitely transparent for me. Could of swore in some screenshots I’ve seen it looked more gold. But it is definitely dependent on the map/lighting of the area you are at.

Hopefully they look into this, as well as fixing the potions for asuras/afrosuras.

transparent halo?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It looks much better if you’re playing with higher settings. It has more of the gold color and there’s the sparkle animation. If they could make it slightly less transparent then it would be great.

transparent halo?

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Because Fashion Wars 2!

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

transparent halo?

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

My eyesight must be getting even worse. I don’t see the transparency issue at all in that picture. The only thing I see is that the halo is reflecting that horn on the mask and the surrounding ground, etc. I think it actually looks pretty good.

Is there a better picture of the transparency issue? I’m seriously not seeing it.

transparent halo?

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

It looks much better if you’re playing with higher settings. It has more of the gold color and there’s the sparkle animation. If they could make it slightly less transparent then it would be great.

I have everything maxed out in my graphics settings and still it is transparent. The few sparkles don’t add much to the visibility. I don’t see that as much as an issue, but would like it to be more visible, maybe a bit of a glow/less transparency.

What I think would be much more important is a fix for Asura.

The halo is too small/barely visible on them, so a slight increase of size would be much appreciated… The position also seems to be a bit off. It’s sitting in front of the head rather than being centered (this could also be the reason for the clipping mentioned below).

Another issue is the clipping: In my case the halo is clipping in my character’s head when I cast auto attacks on scepter with my ele (e.g. air and fire). I have the smallest Asura available and T3 cultural light armor – so it really is clipping into the head, not the hair or anything similar – my character is bald. I yet have to make screenshots of that, but I’ll definitely add that to the bug section.

EDIT: Added some screens of the issue

Attachments:

(edited by Rayti.6531)

transparent halo?

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I wish it looked like a halo instead of a metallic hoop.

transparent halo?

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

I think it looks perfectly fine the way it is. I love it.
Just need beautiful white angelwings now…

Trahearne <3

transparent halo?

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

People pay a lot more than 10 gold for cosmetics.

Like buying cultural armor which costs a lot of gold, then you gotta buy transmutation stones if you don’t have them to actually have decent stats.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

transparent halo?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I’m still glad i bought it, it looks really nice on my PvE Guardian. Its a char so it look big and the position is just perfect for me so you can see it clearly. I wouldn’t mind if it was more sparkly and a more pure gold color, but it still really nice right now. At least for me. 10 Gold is nothing, you can have that in 1-2 hours of dungeons.

I’m looking forward to buy the Horn for my Necromancer.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

transparent halo?

Zanshin.5379

I wish it looked like a halo instead of a metallic hoop.

+1

transparent halo?

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I have everything maxed out in my graphics settings and still it is transparent. The few sparkles don’t add much to the visibility. I don’t see that as much as an issue, but would like it to be more visible, maybe a bit of a glow/less transparency.

What I think would be much more important is a fix for Asura.

The halo is too small/barely visible on them, so a slight increase of size would be much appreciated… The position also seems to be a bit off. It’s sitting in front of the head rather than being centered (this could also be the reason for the clipping mentioned below).

Another issue is the clipping: In my case the halo is clipping in my character’s head when I cast auto attacks on zepter with my ele (e.g. air and fire). I have the smallest Asura available and T3 cultural light armor – so it really is clipping into the head, not the hair or anything similar – my character is bald. I yet have to make screenshots of that, but I’ll definitely add that to the bug section.

EDIT: Added some screens of the issue

Just made some further tests. The abovementioned clipping also happens with scepter Earth1; dagger Earth 1,2 and Water 3; focus Water 5. So it mainly happens in animations where the Asura character raises its hand.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

transparent halo?

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

I know it depends on the lighting and what’s behind the halo (because it’s awefully transparent) but this image shows how flat the halo is at low settings, I wish it would have just a little more opacity (maybe 20-30% more) and it would be good I think.

Attachments:

transparent halo?

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

on high settings, definitely depends on light and day/night
(HotM night/wvw day)

really wish halo during night was bit shinier

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

transparent halo?

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Yeah, I’m a bit disappointed with how transparent it is too. If my camera is zoomed out, I can barely see it.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall