Retribution update better be worth it

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

THe last three updates have been horrible 10 minute content, supposedly being “teaser” content leading up to the finale.

If this update doesn’t deliver then my faith is lost in this game and company

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

THe last three updates have been horrible 10 minute content, supposedly being “teaser” content leading up to the finale.

Faith is for the catholic church, not a company/game. Companies want your money and you vote with your wallet. Faith, they don’t care about.

I liked the content thus far. It was easy to do in spare time, and it seriously fleshed out a few zones. On one hand, sure you could rush through in 10 minutes. On the other hand, it did give a completely new feel to Wayfarer’s and Diessa’s, that will last for a long time.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Faith is for the catholic church, not a company/game. Companies want your money and you vote with your wallet. Faith, they don’t care about.

faith
/f?TH/
Noun
Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

A company that wants you to keep playing their game (active populations are healthy for MMOs regardless of their business model) and continue to spend money in their store (that’s how they make bank) probably cares a great deal about your trust and confidence in them as developers to deliver content you want to play.

MMOs are a time investment as well as a financial one. If players aren’t getting the experience they desire (and they don’t see a trend in the updates and added content which shows content they desire is coming any time soon) it’s quite easy to give up on the game, and ArenaNet doesn’t want that. If I can get a more rewarding experience for my time from another game (or hobby) it makes little sense to stick around.

Personally I’ve enjoyed Flame and Frost so far. I’m completely on board with the view that the content took way too long to pick up speed and the first two months of “content” were barely worth playing, I’m glad we are getting a dungeon to finish it off. Hopefully an expansion or more frequent and meatier content updates on the horizon for the next six months, tiny bits of content like this one every four months probably isn’t enough to keep many people interested in an MMO long term, especially when so much content is temporary.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I agree with the OP in essence. I wouldnt quit over it but the “as much content as a full expansion” hype that was being passed around makes the updates for the first 4 months of 2013 seem lacking.