Too late...

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Just wondering if anybody else got screwed out of their fused gauntlets… I lack the molten facility achievement, and can’t get it anymore now. Would have been in time, but the other events seemed to be bugged… badly. Took ages to complete.

I guess the gauntlets will be sold for a lot of gems? Or not at all? Either way, screwed.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Watari.1568

Watari.1568

I thought that it was ending on the 14th, so I’m pretty kitten too. The worst part about it is that I can’t even turn my refugee items in anymore, so all my work was for nothing. I should’ve just stuck to WvW. . .

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Bookwyrm.5970

Bookwyrm.5970

I also thought the dungeon ran to the 14th; I finished all the rest of F&F achievements yesterday and was planning on running the dungeon today only to find it gone. Looks like we’re all just SOL.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Just wondering if anybody else got screwed out of their fused gauntlets… I lack the molten facility achievement, and can’t get it anymore now. Would have been in time, but the other events seemed to be bugged… badly. Took ages to complete.

I guess the gauntlets will be sold for a lot of gems? Or not at all? Either way, screwed.

It’s been there for a long time. You failed because you waited until the last minute. Take some responsibility for your own failure.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Cygnus.6903

SOL it is man. I was postponing the refugee helping bit until they fixed it. Couldn’t fix signs, find memento’s or w/e, and I wasn’t online during the time you could (holiday). Just today I noticed they fixed it, and I completed everything except for the MF (no time left). Now, there is no MF left…… I’d like Anet to do something about this, but hey.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Cygnus.6903

It’s been there for a long time. You failed because you waited until the last minute. Take some responsibility for your own failure.

Way to go man.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Rekrabbob.2710

Rekrabbob.2710

If he waited until after the event to complete it you’d have a point. Trying to do the event while still in the event window is something else entirely and you’re an idiot for not being able to tell the difference between the two.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

No. Waiting until the last minute are those people who gripe about not completing SAB or their monthly achievement because they tried to do it the day of the patch. There was no reason to believe that with a full 2 days until the patch, and early on a Sunday afternoon, that these achievements would no longer be completable.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

Hopefully Anet takes this advice to heart, given how they ended the event. Don’t feel so bad, Cygnus—at least you didn’t get screwed out of it by doing all the other content over the past few months only to be slapped with a Mandatory Group.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Cygnus.6903

Not feeling too bad, no. Others are feeling worse, as I don’t care about achievements, just the skin. That might be available later on.

Thanks though.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: The Emperor Glory.3927

The Emperor Glory.3927

Yes very sad about this((((

Attachments:

Glory – [GoW] Glory of War. Piken square loyalist.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: The Emperor Glory.3927

The Emperor Glory.3927

They even said that dead drops would be doable until 14th because of the bug that stopped me from doing it and NO YOU CAN NOT DO AND IT IS 12th!

Glory – [GoW] Glory of War. Piken square loyalist.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Hopefully Anet takes this advice to heart, given how they ended the event. Don’t feel so bad, Cygnus—at least you didn’t get screwed out of it by doing all the other content over the past few months only to be slapped with a Mandatory Group.

I swear my mind is blown every time I see someone refer to it as a mandatory group. Maybe you are afraid of people or just don’t like them, I can’t really say what it is that causes group content to be so frightening to you.

The dungeon was fairly easy. You should have just done it and got it out of the way. It certainly shouldn’t have been hard to find a group.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

Any chance Anet can extend the other two achievements besides the dungeon ones until the 14th? Missing lost and found and secret contacts. Guess the npc was removed, but i had the idea these achievements would stay till the 14th

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: otagi.9718

otagi.9718

Yeah I’m a little dissapointed too. After trying a few times to finish the molten factory (some bad party combinations) I was going to finish it today. I thought it ended with the daily reset on the 13th. Was the only thing missing in the living story.

It feels like this last part was more rushed than the other parts. It seems like you pretty much had a month and then the last part was over in like 2 weeks.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: thelabmaster.8035

thelabmaster.8035

well before the dungeon release there was no reason to complete it since there was no reward attached

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: SpiritualFinesse.2314

SpiritualFinesse.2314

No. Waiting until the last minute are those people who gripe about not completing SAB or their monthly achievement because they tried to do it the day of the patch. There was no reason to believe that with a full 2 days until the patch, and early on a Sunday afternoon, that these achievements would no longer be completable.

Right ON. Well said. I know there is more content coming and I appreciate all ANet is doing, but let’s have some consistency, please? Especially considering how many salaries/operating costs I pay to ANet with my own money, then to have a storyline 95% completed through no fault of my own because of bugs, screwing me out of an achievement, is just… not cool. Not cool, ANet. Not cool.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

You had 12 days to run a single storymode dungeon and prior to that you were given plenty of time to complete each phase as it unfolded + you could still complete previous phases as new ones were added.

The bugs you speak of only plagued the storyline fore a few days out of the several weeks/months the whole thing took to unfold. All I can say is ‘Pay more attention next time to the info supplied ingame as well as these forums (patch notes etc)’.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

It was said on 30th of april at what day and what time you wouldn´t be able to do these things anymore. If you “thought” other thing, it was your own mistake. You should be dissapointed, but no with anet, but with yourself.
In addition, it was said in forums again and again.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

The early parts of F&F that people apparently put off until the very last minute were in game for weeks or months. Yea some were bugged in the patch that added the dungeon but still, you could’ve had all the other parts ten times over before that patch ever happened. So I echo the above poster in saying it is your own <expletive deleted> fault so accept it and move on.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Cygnus.6903

Who said it wasn’t our fault? But there are circumstances that might imply some courtesy on Anet’s part isn’t out of order. Come on people, don’t point the finger here, nobody is.

And congratulations on being in time, or not caring.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: michakla.1627

michakla.1627

I also had molten facility left, no one was willing to freakin party with me…..

Also the lost and found achievement was bugged, i could only get 4 out of 6 items. How is this even fair??? I REALLLY wanted those gaunlets :_(

I really hope that Anet can do something about this !

Atleast a response…

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Considering that I dragged someone through ALL of the dead drops, secret items, sign posts, story lines and a story dungeon last friday?

It was easily doable. Took us an hour plus dungeon time.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: michakla.1627

michakla.1627

There should have been an ingame warning…. atleast

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

For those that had the lost and found stuff bugged, did you try guesting to other servers?

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

There should have been an ingame warning…. atleast

Are you suggesting that they should have put in a big black non-removable notification on your screen that has some sort of countdown bar? Ridiculous ideas….

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: StarNightz.8496

StarNightz.8496

When I tried it I was able to finish it in 4 hours including rox and brahams story quest…..and minus the weapons facility dungeon in oneday…there r tones of guides of locations for those finding achivments in internet so those were ez

Kimditcher

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kiraya.1678

Kiraya.1678

I have a problem with this!
I have completed the doungen back in May 10th (3 days ago) but I didnt get the achievment cleared out and thus couldnt continiue onward to the last part with rox. I’m very frustrated over this bug because I wanted to try and finish it now but appearently the event ended and I can no longer finish this and get the reward…

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Ayrilana.1396

You needed to complete all prior achievements before doing the dungeon to get credit. This was stated in the patch notes and guide that’s stickied.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Kiraya.1678

How unfortunate for me for not reading through the forums until I actually encounter the problem… Well, I guess that’s what I get for playing just for fun ^^

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Ayrilana.1396

I guess all timed achievements will need a countdown like they did for the daily and monthly so those doing them last minute won’t be shocked when time runs out.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: SevenStarGaming.5963

SevenStarGaming.5963

The amount of entitlement surrounding MMOs is insane.

I can’t be bothered to read anything that is shoved in my face at various points during log-in, but I expect to be kept informed.

I can’t complete anything in a timely manner and expect it to be kept around until I get around to doing it.

I have questions but can’t spend 5 seconds on Google to find an answer.

I am busy. I run my own business, I have a small child, a wife, a dog who cannot walk enough to ever be satisfied, a cat that demands to sit on me whenever I am not in motion for more than a second, and a dozen hobbies that are all as important to me as video games. And yet, SOMEHOW, I managed to complete Flame and Frost in the allotted time. Yes, I encountered bugs. Yes, I had to actually look up on Google how to do some parts. Yes, I had to guest on other realms to find all the things I needed. I did all this in the last week, because I started when it came out and then got too busy to play for a while. Yes, I would have loved to get a mini from the dungeon, but I don’t really like running dungeons over and over, so I didn’t do it more than once. That’s on me, nobody else. Play the game or don’t, but stop acting like you deserve special consideration that others don’t get.

TLDR; Stop whining and acting entitled.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Cygnus.6903

I can’t be bothered to read anything that is shoved in my face at various points during log-in, but I expect to be kept informed.

I can’t complete anything in a timely manner and expect it to be kept around until I get around to doing it.

I am busy. I run my own business, I have a small child, a wife, a dog who cannot walk enough to ever be satisfied, a cat that demands to sit on me whenever I am not in motion for more than a second, and a dozen hobbies that are all as important to me as video games. And yet, SOMEHOW, I managed to complete Flame and Frost in the allotted time. Yes, I encountered bugs. Yes, I had to actually look up on Google how to do some parts. Yes, I had to guest on other realms to find all the things I needed. I did all this in the last week, because I started when it came out and then got too busy to play for a while. Yes, I would have loved to get a mini from the dungeon, but I don’t really like running dungeons over and over, so I didn’t do it more than once. That’s on me, nobody else. Play the game or don’t, but stop acting like you deserve special consideration that others don’t get.

Ventilate some more.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: SevenStarGaming.5963

SevenStarGaming.5963

Ventilate some more.

Says the guy whining about not making it on time.

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Kiraya.1678

I guess all timed achievements will need a countdown like they did for the daily and monthly so those doing them last minute won’t be shocked when time runs out.

Lol, I agree, I didnt know originally what was the cause for the thing that made me miss the event’s last steps and I do hope that next time they could warn us in-game about special requirements for getting an achievment (like doing the entier story in order and only after that being able to clear the doungen), otherwise people (like me for instance) might miss the fact that they have infact finished the doungen and didnt get the achievment for them (which is good for me expirience-wise, next time I’ll know to read about everything in advance so that it wouldnt happen again). Still like in the mails the send in-game telling us that an event is up, it’d be nice if they could also notify us when it’s going to end because in all honesty I had no idea that it’d end on sunday but rather I thought that it’d end around the 14th or so (a wild guess more than anything).

The fact that I didnt make it in time because I was stalling, well, yes it IS my fault but than again, I had no idea when its going to end (also my fault for not checking), so I didnt bother to rush with it, and thus didnt finish it in the end. Ohh well

Too late...

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

And what about those who can’t play for other reasons?

After the 30/5 update, GW screw my modem so I spent 3 days without internet (yes GW did it, very old issue, no need to explain here). Lucky me, it was after completing the dungeon and all the remaining achievements but, what if the problem persist for more time like after the dungeons was shut down? It would be my failure?

What if a can’t played for more important reasons? It would be a failure too?

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet