What about Ottilia and "Whetstone"?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Unless I’m missing something big somewhere… there are this 2 big matters that are left unresolved.

- Ottilia, the girl Braham is looking for is still missing. We haven’t been told anything after that NPC in the Facility told Braham they should talk about it later, but now we’re at the celebration and we don’t have a clue of what exactly happened with her.

- With “Whetstone” I mean that Rox is supposedly finishing the tests to enter Rytlock’s Stone Warband, and that arenanet refered at her as Rox Whetstone in a post (though the Whetstone part was later removed, probably it was a “too soon” problem) clearly indicating her admission in the warband, but that is still unresolved.

Now we’re going to jump to a different storyline, branching from the F&F one but that will focus on different matters. It feels like Braham and Rox’s chapters are left unresolved without knowing what happens with Ottilia at the end and having the official announcement of Rox’s admision (and we wouldn’t know that she indeed is admitted without that accidental inclussion of her new lastname, despite most of us would’ve guessed it anyway, so supposedly we need an ingame announcement for that).

Is there going to be some sort of final cinematic during the 14th? Or those storylines will be left and we will know more after the Southsun storyline? And btw what about that arch-nemesis we would learn about during the celebration?

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The devs have said that Braham and Rox will continue to appear in later storylines (though not exactly when that’ll happen, they will be “taking a break” for a while), so they’re probably intentionally leaving certain issues unresolved so they have something to focus on when the two appear in the Living Story again.

EDIT: Oh, and there’s also this thread that I just stumbled upon….

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/so-what-happened-to-Ottilia

(edited by Electro.4173)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: tiguere.3159

tiguere.3159

Unless I’m missing something big somewhere… there are this 2 big matters that are left unresolved.

- Ottilia, the girl Braham is looking for is still missing. We haven’t been told anything after that NPC in the Facility told Braham they should talk about it later, but now we’re at the celebration and we don’t have a clue of what exactly happened with her.

- With “Whetstone” I mean that Rox is supposedly finishing the tests to enter Rytlock’s Stone Warband, and that arenanet refered at her as Rox Whetstone in a post (though the Whetstone part was later removed, probably it was a “too soon” problem) clearly indicating her admission in the warband, but that is still unresolved.

Now we’re going to jump to a different storyline, branching from the F&F one but that will focus on different matters. It feels like Braham and Rox’s chapters are left unresolved without knowing what happens with Ottilia at the end and having the official announcement of Rox’s admision (and we wouldn’t know that she indeed is admitted without that accidental inclussion of her new lastname, despite most of us would’ve guessed it anyway, so supposedly we need an ingame announcement for that).

Is there going to be some sort of final cinematic during the 14th? Or those storylines will be left and we will know more after the Southsun storyline? And btw what about that arch-nemesis we would learn about during the celebration?

Bad design.

The story timing is horrible. The way it built up was:
“genocide is happening! Oh noes!”
wait around a few months while people are slaughtered
“Ok, we are ready to stop this!”
everyone is dead

Cliff-hangers are fine when done well.

These are just plot holes because 2 people (only 2 people!!!) sat in a room for two 8-hour shifts and made up a *year’s worth of content….

If that doesn’t send up alarm bells about how future “stories” will be, I don’t know what will. Seems like being in the middle of bad awkward role-playing….

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Bad design.

The story timing is horrible. The way it built up was:
“genocide is happening! Oh noes!”
wait around a few months while people are slaughtered
“Ok, we are ready to stop this!”
everyone is dead

Cliff-hangers are fine when done well.

These are just plot holes because 2 people (only 2 people!!!) sat in a room for two 8-hour shifts and made up a *year’s worth of content….

If that doesn’t send up alarm bells about how future “stories” will be, I don’t know what will. Seems like being in the middle of bad awkward role-playing….

Well I know it was more than 2 people, there is a team (I think more than one team) after this so don’t worry about it and personally I think the content we got was awesome. Now seeing the other thread it seems like things will continue in the following stories.

I hope we get to know the details on those 2 points sooner than later