What is the Molten Jetpack droprate?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Captain Victoria.5610

Captain Victoria.5610

I do not have the time or the desire to grind a dungeon over and over and over again on the incredibly slim chance I would get the item I want.
That is not fun.
If ANet’s “MMO Manifesto” has “fun!” in its pages, then they should realise that hoping for a particular, rare, LE item on your 50th run and not seeing that item is disheartening. It turns players off. Plenty of people hate this uncertain grind (and rightfully so).

The tokens system works just fine. They could even have made it like the SAB system where you could get an account bound skin from tokens and the salable skin from drops.
I don’t see why they didn’t implement that. Doing so would’ve saved them backlash.

“You’re dumb! You’ll die and leave a dumb corpse!”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: bMd.6230

bMd.6230

I’m on my 112th run and I haven’t gotten anything. no tonic, no mini or jetpack. makes u not wanna play after so many run with nothing to show for it.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I’m on my 112th run and I haven’t gotten anything. no tonic, no mini or jetpack. makes u not wanna play after so many run with nothing to show for it.

112? o.o

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I quit counting after 35 runs. No jetpack or mini yet. I think I would have to quit the game after 112 with no drop, lol.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’m at 72 runs and no mini/jetpack yet.

Why not make it so that if we put in the effort we can get the reward we want a-net? -.-

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m up in the 60 something runs at least now (possibly 70), and this is really disheartening. It wouldn’t be so bad if this was permanent, cause then I could keep coming back to it every once in awhile and try again at the horrible RNG. But as it is now, its making me only focus on this content and not any other.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: dadamowsky.4692

dadamowsky.4692

Why not make it so that if we put in the effort we can get the reward we want a-net? -.-

RNG will never be “fair” in terms of skill and effort, but it’s a best way to handle items across the MMO worlds. If the skill/effort was main factor to get rare items, the same set of players who’d simply be able to deal with a very harsh skill-check, and probably gear check since MMOs tend to be heavy gear-oriented – they would gather all, while the rest of playerbase (major in percentage) would have none or very few. Which would mean that new content was released only for a tops and neglect a majority of players. Which would eventually divide a community – not a very smart thing to allow if you run community based game.
And why does it have to be very harsh? Because such items are introduced to be rare, to burst e-pens of players handling it. If rares were not rares anymore, the whole idea behind introducing a new content in MMOs of this kind would be pointless.
BTW, I bet that people would then complain not about RNG but how insanely hard the boss is, if they have to do it for 50/70/100 times without success. Exactly what took place in Diablo 3 when majority of players hit the Inferno difficulty

Yes I know, it still seems to be unfair. Well, shucks. PvE is not an e-sport to be competitive and purely skill-based. RNG gives an even distribution of content, maybe that’s the reason why had it been introduced to MMOs in the first place.

*Just to make the final statement – no, I have not dropped a Jetpack

(edited by dadamowsky.4692)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: SlaYer.2138

SlaYer.2138

Funny, I taught a guy how to do the dungeon, and he got mini in one run while I was on my 30ish run. No jetpack or mini.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

Done roughly 2 runs a day. Got the jetpack last night

We laughed about it though.. i didnt realise it was classed as just a rare drop. Got the chest at end of first run. Saw the rares at side of screen. Didnt bother reading what they were. Instantly went “Junk yet again”.

Was doing the 2nd run and needed inventory space and saw this weird looking icon. Went to it and was like “WTF. I got the jetpack”

in Flame and Frost

Aberrant.6749

RNG will never be “fair” in terms of skill and effort, but it’s a best way to handle items across the MMO worlds. If the skill/effort was main factor to get rare items, the same set of players who’d simply be able to deal with a very harsh skill-check, and probably gear check since MMOs tend to be heavy gear-oriented – they would gather all, while the rest of playerbase (major in percentage) would have none or very few. Which would mean that new content was released only for a tops and neglect a majority of players. Which would eventually divide a community – not a very smart thing to allow if you run community based game.
And why does it have to be very harsh? Because such items are introduced to be rare, to burst e-pens of players handling it. If rares were not rares anymore, the whole idea behind introducing a new content in MMOs of this kind would be pointless.
BTW, I bet that people would then complain not about RNG but how insanely hard the boss is, if they have to do it for 50/70/100 times without success. Exactly what took place in Diablo 3 when majority of players hit the Inferno difficulty

Yes I know, it still seems to be unfair. Well, shucks. PvE is not an e-sport to be competitive and purely skill-based. RNG gives an even distribution of content, maybe that’s the reason why had it been introduced to MMOs in the first place.

…and yet the SAB which wasn’t designed this way was massively popular as were the rewards. You put in the effort in the SAB you got the rewards… or you could get lucky and get the skin from the chest. If you were too lazy to go farm the bubbles you could buy them. Win-Win.

Vs… make it time limited and very rare so that people buy them all up and set them at redicilous prices and only a lucky are happy.

That’s pretty fail.

Tarnished Coast

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

The problem with the SAB skins though is that they were so easy to get they were completely ubiquitous. Go to any event that month and you saw 10 people running around with the same GS.

What they should do is make it more like the halloween mystic forge craftables or the fractal capacitor backpack. You have to work, gather materials, collect tokens, etc, and build it yourself. Make it challenging enough that everyone isn’t basically handed the skins like in the SAB, but not completely reliant on BS RNG.

in Flame and Frost

skullmount.1758

…and yet the SAB which wasn’t designed this way was massively popular as were the rewards. You put in the effort in the SAB you got the rewards… or you could get lucky and get the skin from the chest. If you were too lazy to go farm the bubbles you could buy them. Win-Win.

Vs… make it time limited and very rare so that people buy them all up and set them at redicilous prices and only a lucky are happy.

That’s pretty fail.

Quote for truth.

The problem with the SAB skins though is that they were so easy to get they were completely ubiquitous. Go to any event that month and you saw 10 people running around with the same GS.

Except that isn’t really true either, because I also see either of the two legendary greatswords, AC dungeon greatsword, or fused/destroyer/CoF one. I rarely see any other ones.
And whats it matter if everyone has the same skin? Its already pretty much like that already. I could care less what everyone else is running around in/with, cause if its a skin I like I’ll still use it.

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: bMd.6230

bMd.6230

just finished my 118th run about 30min ago and I finally got something !!! Tonic recipe. It’s no mini or jetpack but it’s something. Just sucks that I could buy that on AH for 2g ish.

I really think some of you are correct that SAB was the best way for rewards. You earn the token and buy the skin, but cant sell them. IF you want to farm to sell you have to endure the drop rate. I don’t understand why they didn’t continue this with MT???

I was also thinking wouldn’t it be cool if the tonic allowed you to walk pass mobs because they think you’re one of them, make tonic a little more useful….but have a chance to fail of course so u can’t walk by everything. just an idea.

(edited by bMd.6230)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

Also those who are complaining about the drop rate really need to stop QQing.
The idea behind it was to be a unique item that only a few people have. If everyone could get the jetpack, then everyone would be wearing it and no one would like it because it is not unique. I really like the idea behind limited extremely rare items in the game. I personally was able to buy mine for 60g the day of the patch. I knew the price would double, so I sold everything in my bank just to get one. I don’t think ANET should cater to everyone baby out there who wants everything handed to them.

Translation:

I got mine already. Those who don’t have one yet should stop complaining. Anet shouldn’t make it easier for everyone else so that I can feel unique and special.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Have been doing a bunch of runs (didn’t bother counting) and just got my 2nd tonic, but no miniature or jetpack yet. Haven’t even seen them drop for others so far.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Really frustrated now. I got the recipe for the infinite molten beserker tonic. IF I had a level 400 artificer and the materials I could make one and sell it for enough to buy the mini I actually want.

Although actually the materials probably sell for about the same, and I don’t have those either.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Flame and Frost

Aberrant.6749

That’s pretty fail.

Quote for truth.

Except that isn’t really true either, because I also see either of the two legendary greatswords, AC dungeon greatsword, or fused/destroyer/CoF one. I rarely see any other ones.
And whats it matter if everyone has the same skin? Its already pretty much like that already. I could care less what everyone else is running around in/with, cause if its a skin I like I’ll still use it.

Then set the number of runs you need to do at 50. 50 tokens needed, 1 per run. People who really want that item will need to do a LOT of runs but still be able to get one for sure. I don’t find that to be an unreasonable request, nor would everyone and their mother have one.

Win-Win.

Tarnished Coast

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sinanju.8456

Sinanju.8456

That’s pretty fail.

Quote for truth.

Then set the number of runs you need to do at 50. 50 tokens needed, 1 per run. People who really want that item will need to do a LOT of runs but still be able to get one for sure. I don’t find that to be an unreasonable request, nor would everyone and their mother have one.

Win-Win.

I can do 50 runs easily so it’s not a win win. You got the gloves for the event so you can be happy you got at least something for your hard work doing it. Let the jetpack be how it is and stop fighting about it. The event is almost over with anyways. So there is no use in doing it.

(Engineer) Sayonara Memory

(edited by Sinanju.8456)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

I can do 50 runs easily so it’s not a win win. You got the gloves for the event so you can be happy you got at least something for your hard work doing it. Let the jetpack be how it is and stop fighting about it. The event is almost over with anyways. So there is no use in doing it.

For those that dont speak twatkitten: I got the jetpack and dont want other people to get it so removing chance from the run instead making it based on commitment or skill will make me worthless because i cant be a special little snowflake.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Flame and Frost

Sinanju.8456

For those that dont speak twatkitten: I got the jetpack and dont want other people to get it so removing chance from the run instead making it based on commitment or skill will make me worthless because i cant be a special little snowflake.

RNG is so bad. I want everything earned so everyone can have the same thing cry cry cry. Comes from someone that doesn’t want to farm it like I did or save up gold.

(edited by Sinanju.8456)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Jamin.6528

Jamin.6528

I’m well within the 60ish run range. I have yet to see a mini or jetpack :s

Lucromia Mukroc – Necromancer
Leader of The Hardcore Caravan [HC] – Blackgate
http://thehardcorecaravan.shivtr.com/

in Flame and Frost

dadamowsky.4692

That’s pretty fail.

Well… now you can easily obtain it via AH if you farm gold. Win-win you say? Effort is all you need? Great, so you have an option.

in Flame and Frost

Aberrant.6749

That’s pretty fail.

Well… now you can easily obtain it via AH if you farm gold. Win-win you say? Effort is all you need? Great, so you have an option.

Prices on rare items are highly inflated due to rich people cornering the market. It’s only win for those players.

Tarnished Coast

in Flame and Frost

dadamowsky.4692

Prices on rare items are highly inflated due to rich people cornering the market. It’s only win for those players.

So actually you are against creating the situation when only the high-effort is beeing rewarded?

in Flame and Frost

Aberrant.6749

So actually you are against creating the situation when only the high-effort is beeing rewarded?

Wow… you read my posts in this thread this thread… and came out with that? o.O

Having it being guaranteed for self use only for a high number of runs wouldn’t kill the market, it would only give players who are serious about farming it a sure thing for their high efforts.

Most people wouldn’t want to do 50 runs. They’ll go buy it instead. If you do get it as a drop you would still be highly rewarded with that sort of pre-req for one just for self use (account bound).

The inflated price of them right now was caused by the people that didn’t farm it. They went and bought them and re-listed them for more. That’s not high effort.

People who put in a lot of effort didn’t get one. Some who only ran it a few times did. That’s RNG luck… again not high-effort.

Seems like it’s you who is against people being rewarded for their efforts.

Tarnished Coast

in Flame and Frost

dadamowsky.4692

That’s precisely a problem – your post are contradictory. You are ready to farm the item but only if item itself is directly obtainable after fixed (and as I guess – not too many if you’re so against multiply repetition of the dungeon to win RNG) number or runs, yet you refuse to farm (the same action) the gold to actually buy it on AH. You want to make the items easier, while still stating an effort focus.

It doesn’t make much sense. Frankly speaking it looks like a common “I want it but I don’t have it”.

(edited by dadamowsky.4692)

in Flame and Frost

Aberrant.6749

That’s precisely a problem – your post are contradictory. You are ready to farm the item but only if item itself is directly obtainable after fixed (and as I guess – not too many if you’re so against multiply repetition of the dungeon to win RNG) number or runs, yet you refuse to farm (the same action) the gold to actually buy it on AH. You want to make the items easier, while still stating an effort focus.

It doesn’t make much sense. Frankly speaking it looks like a common “I want it but I don’t have it”.

Again… this sort of RNG based rare item mostly leads to inflation/hoarding/profit to those who didn’t farm it. That’s not a good thing. That causes players to have an ever increasing amount that they need to obtain to buy the item.

Nothing contradictory about it at all.

Looks like a common case of you not being able to keep two non-mutually exclusive thoughts in your head at once.

Tarnished Coast

in Flame and Frost

dadamowsky.4692

Again… this sort of RNG based rare item mostly leads to inflation/hoarding/profit to those who didn’t farm it. That’s not a good thing. That causes players to have an ever increasing amount that they need to obtain to buy the item.

And farming it the traditional way, which you opt for, do not cause any inflation at all… Yeah… This is precisely the topic that RNG aim for – not only farmers are given a chance to profit. That’s a VERY good thing (for the reason I wrote about in my first post). Moreover, you state that an increased supply of good, given randomly and not only to the farmers, will increase its prices?

Are you serious?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ZJXTREME.7203

ZJXTREME.7203

132 runs and only a Mini appeared in 112th run… 7 endless tonic recipe so far… still no luck with jetpack. RNG is killing me…

in Flame and Frost

skullmount.1758

snip

Win-Win.

I think thats what people do want, something like SAB was. At least thats what I want. Then those who were lucky can sell a non account bound one on the TP and those who can’t get it due to kitten RNG (like me) can do X number of runs and get it.

132 runs and only a Mini appeared in 112th run… 7 endless tonic recipe so far… still no luck with jetpack. RNG is killing me…

At least you’re getting stuff. All it seems to want to give me is the rare armor/weapon inscriptions. I think its only given me one/two exotic ones, which I think are weapon ones.

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

RNG is so bad. I want everything earned so everyone can have the same thing cry cry cry. Comes from someone that doesn’t want to farm it like I did or save up gold.

There are some people that have farmed it, haven’t received it, and don’t have the rng luck anywhere else to have enough gold to spend. Playing the TP at this point is impossible if you haven’t exploited early (mystic forge precursors, wintersday accessories). Sure, you can make a modest amount of money over time but not 130 gold currently needed before the event ends and the price skyrockets.

Just face it. Until we stop putting rare items on the tp for the top 1% to buy for profit, prices aren’t going to drop because of the current flipping mentality.

Hoard everything, mystic toilet or shard your own rares, farm your own mats. Don’t give them any more money that they’re not going to introduce back in to the community.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

Decided I would do 2 runs a day, enjoyed most of the runs and got the mini and jetpack after 20 runs. Would have been happy even if I didn’t get anything because I’m not a baby.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: LTBK.1024

LTBK.1024

The point is that people want to be able to get the item after a fixed number of runs of SAID dungeon, not by farming an unrelated one (like CoF). Don’t tell me now that you can get even close to 100 gold just by running the molten dungeon WITHOUT being blessed by the RNG and getting either the pet or the jetpack.

I’m sorry, but it’s your post the one that is contradictory.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: StarNightz.8496

StarNightz.8496

Just think of it as lottery…some people r just luckier than other

Kimditcher

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

In my opinion DR kicks in over time. So, the more you run the dungeon the worse the odds of getting a Jetpack. I run it at the most twice a day. I did not get any of the limited event shinnies so far but did manage to drop a precursor on my fourth run. I made a habit to carefully read the patch notes after every update. Having read that the content would be for a limited time only I did the smart thing and bought the pack and mini only hours after the update went live at what in hindsight turned out to be a bargain!

Bottom line: why leave it to chance when there is another option that guarantees you get what you want.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

in Flame and Frost

skullmount.1758

In my opinion DR kicks in over time. So, the more you run the dungeon the worse the odds of getting a Jetpack. I run it at the most twice a day. I did not get any of the limited event shinnies so far but did manage to drop a precursor on my fourth run. I made a habit to carefully read the patch notes after every update. Having read that the content would be for a limited time only I did the smart thing and bought the pack and mini only hours after the update went live at what in hindsight turned out to be a bargain!

Bottom line: why leave it to chance when there is another option that guarantees you get what you want.

Because some/most of us are poor ingame (or outside and can’t buy gems to convert) so we can’t just buy it on TP (or are at work when they first release the stuff and by the time we can play, the prices have jumped alot). Also some of use don’t have the time/ability/(necessary)character to farm CoFP1/Orr events to get the necessary gold required.

Darkhaven server

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Because some/most of us are poor ingame (or outside and can’t buy gems to convert) so we can’t just buy it on TP (or are at work when they first release the stuff and by the time we can play, the prices have jumped alot). Also some of use don’t have the time/ability/(necessary)character to farm CoFP1/Orr events to get the necessary gold required.

I have clocked 1600 hours on this game. I work a full time job for up to 50 hours per week and have a family. I never convert gems to gold nor do I play the trading post unless its a solid investment decission. I don’t spend my gold carelessly and always make sure I have a substantial amount of gold for occasions like this. I hate grinding so at the most i will run CoF for 2 hours per week. I don’t splurge on the mystic toilet unless I have 4 lvl 80 rares of the same kind gotten from daily events only. I could craft a legendary if I want to but I won’t untill I have enough gold in the bank to afford a second one if I choose to.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

Ive done around 55 runs. Got 2 infinite tonic’s recipes, 2 exotic crafting item and a bunch of rare crafting mats/masterwork recipes. My friend got his jetpack on his 2nd run (I was there doing my 10th run or so). Is this fair? Yes. The system is designed for random drops. Random is random. If you dont like, go play WoW and gather 800 tokens of happiness to trade for a mount of happiness.

This game has some major flaws (like all NCsoft titles). I started having fun with this game last month, with SAB. F&F also has some nice features. There is a lot to complain about. But complain about RNG? Come on… the stuff is even being sold in the AH.

If you want to complain, complain about the fused skins. There are 16 of them they are temporary and they are random drops from BLC (with a very low droprate btw). They are also bound, which means the only way you can have them is by opening BLC. Ive opened 12 of them, and got zero fused skins. I also got zero jetpacks, but hey, I have the option to buy them in AH.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ryu.1368

Ryu.1368

Also those who are complaining about the drop rate really need to stop QQing.
The idea behind it was to be a unique item that only a few people have. If everyone could get the jetpack, then everyone would be wearing it and no one would like it because it is not unique. I really like the idea behind limited extremely rare items in the game. I personally was able to buy mine for 60g the day of the patch. I knew the price would double, so I sold everything in my bank just to get one. I don’t think ANET should cater to everyone baby out there who wants everything handed to them.

This is true. Especially on an immersible level, the item itself is Horribly Lame. As an Engineer, I’d be pretty demeaned to walk around with a heavy clod of useless un-functional metal on my back. It’s bad enough there’s no real engineering theme in the game outside of dropping turrets for said immersibility. So walking around with some rusted junk i scavenged like a brain-dead Skritt in their weapons facility? Naw. Bad for the ol’ image.

If i put that on, all my Engineer friends’d go “Hey Jei! What’s with the twisted metal? Fix that thing’s function or toss it in the junk pile!”

As it is, all classes can fix broken machinery. All classes are war-machine technicians in World versus World.

So anything I could have to feel more “engineery” is a plus in my book. Crappy rusted metal on my back is a minus. Now I’d have to say, if engineers had steam pets, I’d jump all over it in a heartbeat on McDonald’s double cheese-burgers… … …

(EDIT: fixed “enineery” to “engineery”. Despite not being a real word, the typo made no sense at all)

(edited by Ryu.1368)

in Flame and Frost

Sinanju.8456

There are some people that have farmed it, haven’t received it, and don’t have the rng luck anywhere else to have enough gold to spend. Playing the TP at this point is impossible if you haven’t exploited early (mystic forge precursors, wintersday accessories). Sure, you can make a modest amount of money over time but not 130 gold currently needed before the event ends and the price skyrockets.

Just face it. Until we stop putting rare items on the tp for the top 1% to buy for profit, prices aren’t going to drop because of the current flipping mentality.

Hoard everything, mystic toilet or shard your own rares, farm your own mats. Don’t give them any more money that they’re not going to introduce back in to the community.

It does help. I’ve ran this dungeon about 60 to 70 times now and made about 70 to 80g and had the other 40 just sitting there and bought it. So your logic doesn’t make sense.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Just had a 3rd Tonic Recipe drop, but still haven’t seen a mini or jetpack drop yet after ~40 runs or something.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

I gave up and bought the jetpack for 145g off of tp. There’s only about 20 left…. it gave me a sense of weird buyers remorse after buying it though…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I gave up and bought the jetpack for 145g off of tp. There’s only about 20 left…. it gave me a sense of weird buyers remorse after buying it though…

I get buyer’s remorse every time I make a big purchase. I usually get over it though. I’ve been trying to decide if I want to spend a big chunk of gold on gems so I can buy a quiver skin and all of the new weekly mini pets.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

It does help. I’ve ran this dungeon about 60 to 70 times now and made about 70 to 80g and had the other 40 just sitting there and bought it. So your logic doesn’t make sense.

Good for you.

…and what about everyone that doesn’t receive your wonderful mystical drop rates to make any money?

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Flame and Frost

Sinanju.8456

Good for you.

…and what about everyone that doesn’t receive your wonderful mystical drop rates to make any money?

My luck isn’t that great so you don’t have to complain about it. You almost make a gold a run and that’s with no mf on.

How about save your gold and stop spending it?

I’m not here to fight with anyone. I’m just stating that if you keep running it you’ll have enough gold to almost buy it. Don’t buy now just put a bid on it.

(edited by Sinanju.8456)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Good for you.

My luck isn’t that great so you don’t have to complain about it. You almost make a gold a run and that’s with no mf on.

How about save your gold and stop spending it?

I’m not here to fight with anyone. I’m just stating that if you keep running it you’ll have enough gold to almost buy it. Don’t buy now just put a bid on it.

I know you’re not trying to start a fight here, but saving is kitten hard..

I’ve spent the last week farming CoF and MF, started with MF and got to roughly 70-80 gold, switched to CoF and got to roughly 110(then proceeded to put 10 bucks in the game to get me to 128). The current lowest price is 163 and change. Even if I was to farm CoF, which is hard for my characters to do mainly because they are not the ‘Ideal’ class, I might get, MIGHT get another 20 gold over the weekend. That is, if I even get into groups for it.

And if I don’t get groups fast enough, I’ll miss the deadline and I do believe that the jetpacks will increase in price after they are not obtainable via drop.

Like I said, I’ve been at this all week and still haven’t made enough to buy one yet. If I didn’t put 10 bucks into the game, as well as get the lucky mini drop to sell it for 50G I would not have anywhere close to the cash to buy it. MF does not bring in enough gold running it all day to bid on it, and those people bidding on it most likely won’t get one.

I’m just saying.. its hard to make it and those starting to save now probably won’t get one..

but I will.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Fairymore.8609

Fairymore.8609

With SAB I felt luckier than usual because I found the Shield, Greatsword, and Scepter skins in the chests. I sold them and made some quick gold which felt good but I also ended up farming SAB to buy(via Baubles) the same weapon skins for all my characters.

I thought if i put the same effort into the MF dungeon I would get the jet pack, I would just have to be persistent. I feel I have been, doing this dungeon at least 5 times a day(twice on my guardian, twice on my engineer, and once on my mesmer) for several days. I have received no special reward save it be the recipe for the tonic that turns you into the Charr boss.

As of right now I feel bamboozled, duped, taken for a ride, all in all i feel cheated. Past events had lead me to believe that my goals in GW2 were achievable if I invested the time and believing this fueled me to keep coming back to MF. Now, after being exhausted by days of nothing I realize that i could very well play myself into a coma and still not have the item i want drop. I am left with two miserable results:

1. I do not have the item i was farming for.
2. I have done the dungeon so many times I am not even left with the awe or joy the dungeon initially impressed at me my first few runs.

I have been exhausted and find myself disinterested with logging on until this Molten Alliance story is done and over.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

With SAB I felt luckier than usual because I found the Shield, Greatsword, and Scepter skins in the chests. I sold them and made some quick gold which felt good but I also ended up farming SAB to buy(via Baubles) the same weapon skins for all my characters.

I thought if i put the same effort into the MF dungeon I would get the jet pack, I would just have to be persistent. I feel I have been, doing this dungeon at least 5 times a day(twice on my guardian, twice on my engineer, and once on my mesmer) for several days. I have received no special reward save it be the recipe for the tonic that turns you into the Charr boss.

As of right now I feel bamboozled, duped, taken for a ride, all in all i feel cheated. Past events had lead me to believe that my goals in GW2 were achievable if I invested the time and believing this fueled me to keep coming back to MF. Now, after being exhausted by days of nothing I realize that i could very well play myself into a coma and still not have the item i want drop. I am left with two miserable results:

1. I do not have the item i was farming for.
2. I have done the dungeon so many times I am not even left with the awe or joy the dungeon initially impressed at me my first few runs.

I have been exhausted and find myself disinterested with logging on until this Molten Alliance story is done and over.

I know those feels.. I believe all of us do.

I quickly figured I would have a better time farming the coin for the jetpack rather than farming for a jetpack.. which was a good choice on my part. 30G’s away and farming CoF all weekend until I have it!

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

I am at 40+runs and no luck towards either the Mini or Jetpack -.-" mind i have got about 3/7 of the exotic insig/inscript. hoping i can nail enough to runs within the last two days to get one of them. (prefering the Jetpack)

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Temporary content + rng = guaranteed rage.
If i had spent that time doing CoF runs, i would probably have already bought it. Such is the absurdity of this situation.