Gauntlet Chance Rate Increase Ridiculous!

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Or maybe I’m just mad.

Because after opening hundreds upon hundreds of these things, and burning through all my backstock of gauntlet entrance tickets and getting zero real reward, then and ONLY then does ANet feel the need to up the drop rate, TWO WEEKS into the release?

Could there have been SOME communication with the players to say “hey we realize that we screwed up the drop rate on these things, hold onto them until after the 3rd!”

I’m not asking for any sort of compensation of course (cold day in heck I’m sure) just pointing out, yet again, that ANet needs to improve its customer relations and keep the playerbase informed.

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I disaggree, players on the forums should not get an advantage over the other players.

EverythingOP

Kaleban.9834

I disaggree, players on the forums should not get an advantage over the other players.

Who said anything about forums? There is this snazzy thing in game called e-mail, ANet could simply send out a mass mailer to every player. Boom.

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Even then I do not see any reason to notificate players untill it is done. Say they said they would relook the drop rate and then decide that it is fine. Every player would have build their hopes up and would even be more outraged.

EverythingOP

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Who said anything about forums? There is this snazzy thing in game called e-mail, ANet could simply send out a mass mailer to every player. Boom.

EVERY player?
how do they know which players wasted 1000’s of chances? or even a 100…

They’re not gonna check through EVERY account.

Kaleban.9834

EVERY player?
how do they know which players wasted 1000’s of chances? or even a 100…

They’re not gonna check through EVERY account.

Am I not clear? Let’s see, didn’t every player in game receive e-mails from ANet during the Living Story, like the one that included the “present” from Scarlet?

I’m not asking for reimbursement, which I thought I stated clearly. I am saying this is a good example of poor communication, and ANet needs to improve.

Altering drop rates on rare items weeks into temporary content is extremely bad planning, this is the kind of stuff you expect from Indie games on Steam, not major MMOs.

Kaleban.9834

Even then I do not see any reason to notificate players untill it is done. Say they said they would relook the drop rate and then decide that it is fine. Every player would have build their hopes up and would even be more outraged.

Not really, erring on the side of caution by informing your players breeds goodwill, not contempt. Players would get the sense that ANet is looking out for them, not tossing them under the bus.

Plus, in your example, no player is out any effort, which means no one lost anything.

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Pretty sure this falls under the “life isn’t fair” category.

BG

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Better late than never, however.

And yeah, “life is unfair.”

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Or maybe I’m just mad.

Because after opening hundreds upon hundreds of these things, and burning through all my backstock of gauntlet entrance tickets and getting zero real reward, then and ONLY then does ANet feel the need to up the drop rate, TWO WEEKS into the release?

In every thread about this there were player posts cautioning others that it’s a very possible conclusion (and to wait with opening gauntlet chances till the very end of the event). Lot of people didn’t listen. It’s not Anet’s fault.
Besides, it’s unknown yet if the drop change was significant or not. Maybe you haven’t “lost” anything at all.

Edit: and i was rightly suspicious, it seems

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

People on the forums already had a huge advantage because they knew the drop rate on the chances was horrendous. I personally saved up about 700 chances after seeing how bad the drop rate was in hopes of them fixing it. People who frequent the forums knew their chances of getting anything from the gauntlet chances was extremely low but they were all chasing the Lyssa Backpiece jackpot.

Posted by: Smithay.1635

Smithay.1635

Its not that big a deal. Price increases almost linearly with demand. Now they are only worth 100 gold or so, the gold value per gauntlet chance hasn’t changed that much.

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

Its not that big a deal. Price increases almost linearly with demand. Now they are only worth 100 gold or so, the gold value per gauntlet chance hasn’t changed that much.

I’d much prefer getting 100g over the absolutely nothing I got from 4000 chances.

Posted by: Naglifar.1684

Naglifar.1684

yeah after opening 2k boxes, a recipe in the mail would be nice.

I do not plan on making another gem store purchase till the next SAB because of this horrible experience.

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Its a coincidence. Anet isnt out to get you. Relax.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /