Help with Ravenous Crew, Guardian

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I have been fighting the Ravenous Crew multiple times, but I can only manage to kill 3 out of 4 of them before the clock runs out. Anyone have any advice on how to win the fight faster?

My weapons are; GS, Sword/Torch

My skills are; Shelter, “Hold the Line,” Purging Flames, Wall of Reflection (for the Gunner), and Elite Focus

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

What is the order in which you are killing the pirates? Depending on your build, the kill order may make a HUGE difference to your success.

For example, I beat them using a hybrid condi/minion master. My kill order was Stitches→Gunner→First Mate→Captain. The regen that Stitches gives the others is negligible when you can spam Poison and killing her early means she can’t heal the others. The Gunner’s ability is pretty useless, and the First Mate’s poison blades is meaningless when it’s just the Captain left. I found the random dodges the Captain gives his friends to be very, very annoying, so I leave him for last.

Posted by: Yayap.3180

Yayap.3180

Yeah I am having a really hard time with the crew being a Guardian as well. Most I can kill before they kill me is two, and I go in the recommended order..
I’m mainly defensive build, should I try a straight dps build?
I’ve tried with hammer, gs, and staff and it’s still pretty hard with the condis they put on me..

Be brave.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

For that fight I use a GS Sw/Fc 2(II)/6(VI,X,XI)/6(I,X,XII)/0/0 meditation build with Smite Condition, CoP and SY!
It’s probably far from the best option, but the fight usually neds with way over a whole minute remaining without even full offensive gear (still quite offensive though).

Medis are there mostly for a bit of sustain, so if you are using some kind of haling gear, 15 points in Honor should be more than enough, freeing trait points for 4 in Zeal (Zealous Blade) or 2 in Valor (Retributive armor), and maybe 1 in Virtues for a bit more of protection.

(edited by Vargamonth.2047)

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I made this for you:

http://youtu.be/sWble1vKpP8

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

I made this for you:

http://youtu.be/sWble1vKpP8

Awesome! So I only need to get a Legendary weapon, full set of Traveler’s runes, and full set of Berserker ascended gear (with a smattering of Solder and Valkyrie in it) and the Pirates are doable.

Good to know…

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

legendary weapon =/= more damage

you can use flame legion instead of traveler’s

Ascended trinkets are easy to get, the armour you can wear exo as it’s only a 5% dps upgrade