How Do I Get to the Meat?

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’ve worked my way through the gauntlet and now I can’t seem to beat Strugar and Chomper. I just can’t get to the meat first. Half the time, I don’t even see it on the ground, I just see Chomper run off to an invisible spot. The times it does appear, it’s thrown right to Chomper and he gobbles it up before I can get there. I’m a Guardian, so my immobilizes don’t work here. When the meat hunks do load, I might be able to grab one or two, but by then Chomper has more than me or the fight is nearing completion. The one time I had enough meat to finish off Strugar and get Chomper down to ~25% HP, the timer ran out. I’m running Save Yourselves and Retreat for swiftness and Bane signet for knockdown. What am I doing wrong?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Your gear? Zerker, Knights, Cleric?
I did it with my Nec and I remember doing them first try, so you should be able to do it with guard.
Did you try using a Hammer and Sword/Focus with an rather offensive trait setup (blindness applies vulnerability etc.)?

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Equip hammer and shield for KBs on Chomper when meat spawns so you can knock him off course. Immobilize doesn’t work if I recall correctly, so no point in scepter.
Running sword+shield you can flashing blade over to him and then bounce him off perhaps?

I don’t remember atm how I got him last year, but it was something like this.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I’ve had a hard time with this one too…. Can’t get the meat enough of times either. Finally I managed to kill them though!

I’m Ranger. I used skills (Mine – the charr racial – and spike trap) to bleed and cripple (+ torment/chill sigils on weapon). Meanwhile i was beatng the heck out of them just hoping to make it in time… I guess i had 1-2 seconds to spare when they finally died. I took out the master first. Meanwhile i was trying to keep the dog at as low Health as possible.

Kima & Co

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I switched to my warrior for this.
Did it with full green stuff, the key point being that I used a sword to permanently cripple the chomper.

Guardian doesn’t really have acces to cripples sadly, so you’re relying on teleports/knockbacks/line of warding or the likes.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I have no idea, this is where I got stuck last year. This year I just focused Strugar, then killed the dog. No plans to try for the achievement here.

Morsus.5106

I switched to my warrior for this.
Did it with full green stuff, the key point being that I used a sword to permanently cripple the chomper.

Guardian doesn’t really have acces to cripples sadly, so you’re relying on teleports/knockbacks/line of warding or the likes.

Ok, maybe I’m best off swapping to my Warrior then.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Bit of a bump, but I wanted to ask for clarification:

Are you having trouble locating or getting to the meat hunks?

If the former, holding left ctrl will show the nameplate for any interactibles in the area.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Georgieee.4958

Georgieee.4958

I’ve worked my way through the gauntlet and now I can’t seem to beat Strugar and Chomper. I just can’t get to the meat first. Half the time, I don’t even see it on the ground, I just see Chomper run off to an invisible spot. The times it does appear, it’s thrown right to Chomper and he gobbles it up before I can get there. I’m a Guardian, so my immobilizes don’t work here. When the meat hunks do load, I might be able to grab one or two, but by then Chomper has more than me or the fight is nearing completion. The one time I had enough meat to finish off Strugar and get Chomper down to ~25% HP, the timer ran out. I’m running Save Yourselves and Retreat for swiftness and Bane signet for knockdown. What am I doing wrong?

Hey!!! I’m happy I saw this post so I could share some useful tips! I picked up this technique from the forums; so the meats are basically projectiles so use Wall of Reflection to reflect the meats right to you and use Shield of the Avenger to destroy the meats. Set traits to longer spirit weapon duration and select master of consecration for faster wall recharge. This technique relies of DPS though; as the match starts rush to both of them, pop shield and a few seconds later pop Wall. Use GS and melee chomper; all meats will be destroyed or reflected right on front of you. Once chomper is down deal with the guy. He is rather easy. Be sure to use food and nourishment; the power signet and save your self for quick DPS burst; GS and sword and focus rotation. Play with this method a bit; I have confidence in it

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

If you have a necro, use him : you have enough crowd control with the staff and the death shroud to keep chomper off the meat.

Alternatively, the ele FGS ( and dagger+focus) can be of use. The catch is: you lose the FGS each time you consume some meat. Keep focusing on the dog at all times.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

use Wall of Reflection and use Shield of the Avenger to destroy the meats.

Just wanted to highlight this, using Guardian made this achievement super easy.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

It took maybe eight tries to get Meatless Murder, so it’s not a good sample size by any means, but I noticed it seems like Stugar throws meat directly in front of Chomper if you have minions about. He always sent meat flying across the arena when I was by myself, but pop the Hounds of Balthazar, Thieves Guild, or on of the Asuran golems? Meat at the feet, three out of four times.

Morsus.5106

Bit of a bump, but I wanted to ask for clarification:

Are you having trouble locating or getting to the meat hunks?

If the former, holding left ctrl will show the nameplate for any interactibles in the area.

I beat the figt a day or two ago by using Shield of the Avenger after being lucky and grabbing the meat. The problem was locating the meat like you said. Thanks for the help.