Please learn from last year (Gauntlet)

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

Nobody likes spending half an hour trying to find a good arena only to have it taken by people who don’t listen or don’t care. Trying to find a different empty map is near impossible with megaservers, and even if you do find another one people tend to pop up and queue in your arena anyway. It’s insulting that for all the feedback anet received last year about gauntlet, one of the biggest issues (queue for gauntlet, absolutely ridiculous wait times) was ignored. Is it really so hard to give players the option to farm the gauntlet alone, in peace, without people constantly queueing with you and wasting your time even when you tell them to please leave and find an empty one on their own?

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

correct me if i misunderstand this, but what are you telling is that you want people not use “your” gauntlet platform?

Posted by: GreeYz.1365

GreeYz.1365

No because everyone must have the chance to leech. Masszerkcontent op

[ONE] First Grade

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Nobody likes spending half an hour trying to find a good arena only to have it taken by people who don’t listen or don’t care. Trying to find a different empty map is near impossible with megaservers, and even if you do find another one people tend to pop up and queue in your arena anyway. It’s insulting that for all the feedback anet received last year about gauntlet, one of the biggest issues (queue for gauntlet, absolutely ridiculous wait times) was ignored. Is it really so hard to give players the option to farm the gauntlet alone, in peace, without people constantly queueing with you and wasting your time even when you tell them to please leave and find an empty one on their own?

Your story boils down to “I don’t have the patience to look for an arena with less people queuing so I can farm faster”.

The thing is : gauntlet arenas are not instanced so other players (like me) can watch fellow guildies or pug fighting and teach them tips and underline the errors they made during the fights.

It is a feature of the gauntlet and they should NOT remove it. Remember that you are in the minority of players that farm gauntlet chances (and thus want an empty arena to maximize rate of return).

There is a majority of people who simply want to beat liadri. Why should you have priority over them ? Don’t they have the right to have fun ?

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

correct me if i misunderstand this, but what are you telling is that you want people not use “your” gauntlet platform?

Basically

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

I guess I was one of those people selfishly taking up platform space simply to beat Liadri. How dare I? There were a few times through the gauntlet that I wished the arenas were instanced simply so I didn’t have people watching me, but then I started actively talking to people and made some friends. We had fun, even though we selfishly used the platform for purposes other than farming, and some farmers even joined in, waiting in the queue and talking with us, giving us tips and pointers, cheering us on. It was great.

Maybe next time around they can put a “private gauntlet ticket” in the gemstore to smooth the farmers’ feathers

Edit – Simple spelling error. Oops.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Your story boils down to “I don’t have the patience to look for an arena with less people queuing so I can farm faster”.

The thing is : gauntlet arenas are not instanced so other players (like me) can watch fellow guildies or pug fighting and teach them tips and underline the errors they made during the fights.

It is a feature of the gauntlet and they should NOT remove it. Remember that you are in the minority of players that farm gauntlet chances (and thus want an empty arena to maximize rate of return).

There is a majority of people who simply want to beat liadri. Why should you have priority over them ? Don’t they have the right to have fun ?

Farmers are almost certainly the majority.

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

Farmers are not a minority, lol. Atleast a big part of gauntlet users. What do you expect when you have to farm 1, 2, 3k chances to get something ? You NEED to maximize returns, at 300 tickets per hour (more or less depending on build) without 3 people queueing up that’s slow as hell.

I also congratulate the first few posts that feel obliged to tell the OP that he lacks patience when he clearly stated that he does try and find an empty server (dc rc multiple times, lfg, or what do I know). As always, people need to do that to feel smart.

Anyways, if Gauntlet is farmable then we should be able to play it instanced. Maybe one arena instanced or I don’t know, let the debuffs from the gambits stay for next try and add a way to queue up faster, it’s all simple and much better. Let it open for the rest that want to do it with random people.

For the record, I did beat it first year, and all along all I wished was an instanced arena so I wouldn’t need to wait hours for my turn given the number of tries I had to do on liadry. Yeah talking to people was nice there, but god kitten , the wait was atleast as long or twice longer that my own turn, and while I wait I’m not enjoying anything, if I want to talk to random people I have way cooler ways to do it.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Anyways, if Gauntlet is farmable then we should be able to play it instanced. Maybe one arena instanced or I don’t know, let the debuffs from the gambits stay for next try and add a way to queue up faster, it’s all simple and much better. Let it open for the rest that want to do it with random people.

An enormous amount of content in this game is farmable, even though the dev never imagined that it could be farmed. This is not enough to justify that it should be tweaked to make life easier for the farmers.

Eotm is the best example of how we (the player base) have managed to transform the overflow of the wvw in a giant karma train for PvE players.

Tell me : Should the pvp aspect of eotm removed so that the zergs could go from one special objective to the other undisturbed ? Do you really think this would improve the game ? Of course no! Part of the charm of eotm is seeing a commando of 10 players stop an entire farming crowd in a few seconds.

Long story short, because you farm some content does not grant you priority over people who use said content the way it was intended. In fact, it should be the opposite. Anet could make gauntlet instanced, but it would destroy its primary social function and make it very boring for everyone (farming this gauntlet is already boring btw, I tried it for 15 min then I coudn’t take it anymore).

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I farmed the gauntlet for a couple of hours yesterday (I had over a stack of tickets and just wanted them gone). I was alone for about 45 minute, but then people started showing up. I honestly welcomed it. It kept me from feeling so bored because I had others to interact with and (in most cases) cheer on as they progressed up the gauntlet ladder. But I’m the type of person who just cannot stand to farm for too long without something to break up the monotony.

That being said, I definitely would prefer if the gauntlet arenas could be instanced. Sometimes I just don’t want an audience or to have a FPS drop because of a zerg below me.

Posted by: HallusH.3987

HallusH.3987

This called “Extending your play time in game” aka waste more of your time waiting for stuff to happen.

As most of the “dynamic events” and world bosses you do something or not doing anything to get X.
Only that here you look how others play, could be fun? yes sure sometimes.
Not so much as when you need to get rid of stacks of tickets.
Added with the “no skills cooldowns reset” gets to the annoying levels.
Mix some horrid camera work and achievements that need trail and error to finish sure adds up for that “fun time”.

So event such as this could have a zoned out dungeon area where you could farm without problem.
could even have a better camera since it wouldn’t need to render everyone and everything below and not be in your butt 90% all the time.

So the few that farm this for drop pay the price for the artistic setting of “live arena” and pretty sure the gated time vs farmers.

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

An enormous amount of content in this game is farmable, even though the dev never imagined that it could be farmed. This is not enough to justify that it should be tweaked to make life easier for the farmers.

Eotm is the best example of how we (the player base) have managed to transform the overflow of the wvw in a giant karma train for PvE players.

Tell me : Should the pvp aspect of eotm removed so that the zergs could go from one special objective to the other undisturbed ? Do you really think this would improve the game ? Of course no! Part of the charm of eotm is seeing a commando of 10 players stop an entire farming crowd in a few seconds.

Long story short, because you farm some content does not grant you priority over people who use said content the way it was intended. In fact, it should be the opposite. Anet could make gauntlet instanced, but it would destroy its primary social function and make it very boring for everyone (farming this gauntlet is already boring btw, I tried it for 15 min then I coudn’t take it anymore).

Lol dude, Gauntlet is MADE for farming, they did see that last year and they included things that are worth a hell lot this year. Hard to get = cost more, but you can still get this (after the droprates were patched) which means there WILL be a tons of people farming it and ANet knows it. Gambits makes fights boring. More challenging, but being limited will always end up with you being fed up with this, because if you can barely move there’s no fun. So the reason they’re used is more than mainly farming. And Anet knows it, it’s been like that for two years, YES that is enough to justify it because THEY’re the ones willing it. EOTM is how it’s supposed to be, unless they nerf the karma train. Since they already nerfed karma ressources to the ground people would dislike it ; and the karma nerf is the exact reason people farm EOTM, bring back the normal karma rewards and the train is almost gone already, apart from the levelers. This is made for them. We’re not to be held responsible for this.

EOTM is almost PvE right now anyways, two zerg might collapse, yeah, great, then it’s another 50 minutes length farm.

You’re just seeing things as it pleases you, even when it’s obvious ANet has spent the whole LS1 bringing up farming events and functions. They intended the farm. They knew it was gonna happen, they wanted it. For two years now. But because YOU don’t farm, you feel the need to be a self-centered nuisance to the others. So I will now repeat : instance one are(n)a for the farmers AND those who just want to do their bosses without waiting 10 minutes (because believe me there are a lot of people that are just annoyed by that), let the rest open for the others. See, everyone wins, everyone’s happy. Apart from the Boss Blitz since gauntlet users are taking room for nothing (for them), but I guess the Boss Blitz farm wasn’t intented either and we’re just making a bad use of it, right ? So it’s a very good design that Gauntlet is placed on the same area.

“This called “Extending your play time in game” aka waste more of your time waiting for stuff to happen.”

^.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

[…] only to have it taken by people who don’t listen or don’t care
[…] even when you tell them to please leave and find an empty one on their own

It’s too bad there’s no thread downvote option on this forum.

Your special farming powers do not grant you any arena privileges. None. And by the looks of it, that is a very good thing.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

Lamir.6702

Your special farming powers do not grant you any arena privileges. None. And by the looks of it, that is a very good thing.

Jealous I made over 4000g worth off of the gauntlet getting lucky and getting empty maps this past week farming tickets?

If the gauntlet wasn’t made for farming, why do you get a bajillion stacks of tickets from boss blitz? I literally would have had to delete over 100 stacks of tickets otherwise.

I see casuals like to report every post they disagree with about farming in this forum. Moving on.

(edited by Lamir.6702)

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Jealous I made over 4000g worth off of the gauntlet getting lucky and getting empty maps this past week farming tickets?

If the gauntlet wasn’t made for farming, why do you get a bajillion stacks of tickets from boss blitz? I literally would have had to delete over 100 stacks of tickets otherwise.

I see casuals like to report every post they disagree with about farming in this forum. Moving on.

You assume too much about people’s playstyle and wealth.

Personally, I prefer to look at people. I don’t divide them into “farmers” or “casuals”. I care more about whether they are nice. And respectful. The extent of someone’s wealth does not interest me in the slightest.

Lamir.6702

And who’s the disrespectful one? The person who waits patiently searching for an empty gauntlet and not ruining arenas where farmers already are or where people are trying to do liadri, or the person who queues without giving a kitten about the other people who are using the arena?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

And who’s the disrespectful one? The person who waits patiently searching for an empty gauntlet and not ruining arenas where farmers already are or where people are trying to do liadri, or the person who queues without giving a kitten about the other people who are using the arena?

Odds are there weren’t any empty arenas. You obviously were able to farm your 4000g just fine, even with these terrible, terrible people trying to play the game at a less-populated arena.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Honestly, the gauntlet would be much better as a private or even small group instance. Having a bunch of other people around doesn’t do much to enhance the experience (much easier to watch the fights on YouTube), and furthermore they typically hinder your progress quite a bit. Waiting in queues, and the noticeable decrease in FPS on most PCs.

Lamir.6702

Odds are there weren’t any empty arenas. You obviously were able to farm your 4000g just fine, even with these terrible, terrible people trying to play the game at a less-populated arena.

That’s basically bullkitten. Half of the time theres an unused arena somewhere on the map; the other times I guest to other servers and relog (taking ME time instead of the disrespectful kitten) to get a different map and find an empty arena very soon.

People in this game lack common decency and respect, and anet likes to encourage that with gauntlets.