What im liking about this event.

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

While i strongly dislike the new pavilion and miss the old one. I have to say i like crystal collection and flying dolyak events. While i think it could be a little more difficult its nice to have something to do in towns that is rewarding. Also a nice change of pace in a game where you are mostly fighting and killing things(which i also enjoy doing but just saying). In many rpgs too, there is often breaks from the fighting where you can earn extra rewards by doing certain events. I like having that option, maybe add something to the game like this that is permanent plz :]

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

The zone as a whole is my favourite, I love exploring and searching for sky crystals and getting progress towards rewards by doing things other than pressing 1 and/or relying on RNG gods. It isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I find it very refreshing.

Pavilion…won’t comment on that.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

OMNIBUS.2913

The zone as a whole is my favourite, I love exploring and searching for sky crystals and getting progress towards rewards by doing things other than pressing 1 and/or relying on RNG gods. It isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I find it very refreshing.

Pavilion…won’t comment on that.

I really like the zone and aspects too, refreshing indeed. I wouldve done the sky crystal search myself. I think it could be fun but atm not rewarding enough for the time spent imo. you just get a few achieves and 1 to meta. Maybe they will have another event like this later on that has a worthwhile reward, i would def like that!

Posted by: Whimpered.6095

Whimpered.6095

I do enjoy the dolyak race. Though I don’t much like how the top racers yell at all of the other racers to hurry up and finish so they can get their gold reward.

Place has no importance in the race, it’s based on how many actually finish it, and setting out tons of traps to be first, second, and so-on hinders the speed of other racers. Walking with a damage condition is not fun, especially when you need to jump and the entire platform is covered in traps that hit you the moment someone else walks over it.

Not that a bit of healthy competition is bad, but I don’t see why we get yelled at for slacking because of what they did. :P

Crystal Desert
Chelly Anne, Sylvari Ranger (80)
“This rose has thorns; Here they are!”

OMNIBUS.2913

I havent really noticed people harassing others to hurry up. But like you said it only matters that you finish so just ignore them. There needs to be obstacles along the way otherwise its a liesure walk to the top(well it almost is that right now). Tbh i would like to see safety net removal and spike traps that do damage like in guild missions ….along with not recieving the reward unless you cross the finish line.

Whimpered.6095

I thought it was a requirement already to cross the finish line in order to get the reward?

Or do stragglers who participate but don’t reach the finish still get it? I haven’t not-finished a race yet so I’m not sure about that, but I would assume that’s how it works being a lot of people probably would give up easily knowing they would still get something. A for effort? Lol.

Crystal Desert

OMNIBUS.2913

Well i came into zephyrite today and the dolyak race was near the last 2 mins. I made an attempt to get to the top for the reward and didnt make it but i still got 32 tickets anyway for participating i guess? lol thats how i found out.

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

I do enjoy the dolyak race. Though I don’t much like how the top racers yell at all of the other racers to hurry up and finish so they can get their gold reward.

Every time I’ve raced, everyone at the top is always yelling but in a good way. It’s not uncommon to hear “Go yaks, go!”, “YAK YAK YAK”, or lots of folks spamming /cheer… which has actually mad it a pretty amusing and fun community event every time.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Every time I’ve raced, everyone at the top is always yelling but in a good way. It’s not uncommon to hear “Go yaks, go!”, “YAK YAK YAK”, or lots of folks spamming /cheer… which has actually mad it a pretty amusing and fun community event every time.

That’s my experience so far as well.

Its sort of odd how the events in the “fresh air and sunshine” part of the update are generally fun and pleasant while the event “stuck inside” is the opposite. There’s nothing like having a bit of sun on your face

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Whimpered.6095

Yessss, now that is enjoyable, especially when finished racers will run the race again just because, knowing they won’t be counted an extra time and making sure people use the crystals properly. There’s always issues with the wind gusts near the end, and I’m glad players are helping other players with it rather than ranting. I just seem to get caught up at times where people are frustrated because they want the best rewards and always seem to fall short, then again each time I go back to the map I’m with a new group of people which is probably why.

I still enjoy it, even if I’m the last dolyak across the finish line!

Crystal Desert

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Today was my first chance to see and do the race. I found myself at the finish line with gold rewards near to hand but only 30 seconds to go. Two last dolyaks struggled in, and on the last one a swarm of people laid every speed buff in the world on the racer. 2 seconds to spare and Gold was awarded (not to me, I hadn’t raced).

So I ran in the next race to see how it worked. It was a lot easier than a guild rush. I only needed to ping, run forward between traps, pause, ping, repeat. I wasn’t aware there was anything that could be done to hurt other racers.

I love the Sanctum. I’m not sure I’ll even set foot in the Pavilion after what I’ve been hearing, but the Sanctum’s going to be my home for achieves and RP for a bit.