Compensation for getting reset to level 30?

in Fractured

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

I currently have 2 level 50 characters getting affected by the new fractal changes. They are not only set back 20 levels, but also leveling the second one is completely meaningless now that the fractal level is account bound.

I wonder if there are any plans to reward players for the lost levels, like for example a double daily chest until they catch up to their previous level? And maybe an ascended weapon chest with selectable stats per additional character leveled over 30?

NOW THAT A DAY HAS PASSED and I have read many reactions, I am editing the original post because I feel the need to explain why we keep on discussing a compensation and why we want it in the first place. It seems that many of the non affected players do not understand our reasons, so hopefully the text below will help them do so.

Firstly I must say that I am looking forward to the new changes and for playing the new levels with my friends. I am not going to voice opinions on the new difficulty until we actually try it. The reason why we keep this topic alive is because Anet presented all the new changes, but to this moment nothing was said about a possible compensation for players that had achieved a lot more than the average. Not a single developper has commented on the issue, which angers people and fuels their disappointment.

Another issue is that the non affected player base seems to gather us under the same bunch of “greedy elitist players that want rewards for exploiting the game”. The truth is that there are 3 groups of players affected negatively by the changes and all of them have a valid reason to be angry.

1) The ones that stopped at 50

It is a known fact that if you want tangible rewards you should do anything else but fractals. Yet they are the only place to get fractal skins and the higher the personal reward level – the higher the chance. Hence, many of us made sure to reach level 48 – the highest doable level with the current agony cap. The incentive was even bigger since here is the highest chance to get ascended boxes as well. Getting from lvl 30 to 50 is a hard task, especially if you are trying to do so without a dedicated team. It is also costly, as it requires infused backpieces, ascended weapons or a legendary.

2) The ones that made it to 80

Some people did not stop at 50, and wanted to challenge themselves even more, search for the limit and find it at lvl 80. Up until now, the highest measure of skill in this game has been being able to solo Lupi or do fractals lvl 80. The most hardcore guilds use this as a requirement for recruitment. Sadly, what everyone who has never tried those levels focuses on is: they were not supposed to do it, they were exploiting. What they do not seem to see is that beating the agony at some final boss is the least important thing. At those levels the challenge lies in surving mobs that one shot you, with no room for error. Having to perfectly dodge every agony shot from the boss because no amount of AR can save you. Even the easiest fractal takes a lot of time and effort, so saying that being able to play lvl 80 is not an accomplishment is completely disrespectful to those players.

None of them did so for monetary rewards, they did so for personal challenge, for glory and because it is fun. Now that this is being taken away, they feel cheated. Not only because they have to level back from 30, this is easily done. But because there is no guarantee that this hard content will be accessible again. They do not want 5 gold per resetted level. What would make them happy will be a one time special skin, a title or maybe a unique mini, unobtainable in any other way. They just want something to show for their accomplishment.

3) The people with multiple characters on high levels

Lastly we have the players that chose to put themselves a second, or a third time, through the hard road of fractal leveling because they wanted to master another class. Not only a very time consuming task, but also challenging and costly. A second character had to be equipped with ascended trinkets and weapons and you had to know how to play it to be accepted in the lvl 48 groups. Getting double or tripple daily chests was never the reason behind this. It was the desire for variety, for self improvement and to able to play different party set ups. Having 2 or 3 characters able to do lvl 50 is a measure of deducation and skill. With the introduction of acount wide fractal level, this people’s achievement and hard work is taken away. Now everyone can do what took them months to accomplish. How can they be compensated? Maybe with an ascended chest with useful for them stats, or with another unique item.

I leave those suggestions for the developpers and hope that they will take some time to consider them. In the end it is a way to show appreciation for their most dedicated players who spend hours pushing the limits and keeping the game alive.

(edited by IceVyper.6810)

in Fractured

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

The reward is probably going to be everything you get progressing back up to 50. If you’re asking to get grandfathered some rewards for being reset I wouldn’t hold my breath.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

We should at least be rewarded for having leveled a second character which is extremely time consuming. Now pretty much everyone can enter a lvl 30 with a new lvl 80 ranger with blue gear, as long as they have another toon at the required level…

in Fractured

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

It does seem quite lame you just get reset without getting anything in return.
Especially for people with multiple level 50’s for instance.

I honestly don’t care about people who exploited their way to get level 50+. It was obvious you weren’t supposed to do this.

Perhaps give people some kind of reward for every level from 30 – 50 they had?
Would seem like a reasonable solution to sooth some of the hatred.

in Fractured

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

You will get a coupon for 20% off instant repair canister in the gem store. The funny thing is though, unless the community at large helps to turn this into a crapstorm for those who are affected, you won't even get that.

in Fractured

TehPwnerer.7215

We should at least be rewarded for having leveled a second character which is extremely time consuming. Now pretty much everyone can enter a lvl 30 with a new lvl 80 ranger with blue gear, as long as they have another toon at the required level…

And what is the problem with an improved system? The rewards to begin with were trash there was no reason aside from bragging rights to even do 30+ fractals. The new system is better and you will be better rewarded for your efforts this time around. How is that a bad thing? Also if you want people to sympathize with you, stop mentioning others having an easier time because that just makes you look like an elitist.

I honestly don’t care about people who exploited their way to get level 50+. It was obvious you weren’t supposed to do this.

The reward is probably going to be everything you get progressing back up to 50

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

If you remained at your current level (with max of 50), then you could still do this regardless. That’s not a reward. It’s being put back in the treadmill without any compensation.

in Fractured

TehPwnerer.7215

Yep, which kitten es me of as I have spent time and money to level these characters up for more rewards per day which now is obsolete. Not to mention the new swarm of kittenty kitten pugs that will plague us all. I for sure will be doing alot more kicking of those kitten longbow + bear rangers

“Oh no other players will want to do FoTM now that it has better rewards! WHAT CASUALS!” Get off your high horse and stop being elitist.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

don’t cry till we actually see what new fotm rewards are.

in Fractured

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

And what is the problem with an improved system? The rewards to begin with were trash there was no reason aside from bragging rights to even do 30+ fractals. The new system is better and you will be better rewarded for your efforts this time around. How is that a bad thing? Also if you want people to sympathize with you, stop mentioning others having an easier time because that just makes you look like an elitist.

I don’t really care about the new rewards much except for picking the skin. I’m mainly kitten ed that I spent time getting multiple toons to 50 and all the money and time I put into this dam game to get that far just to have it reset without any compensation.

You say the new rewards are compensation? Then only those 30-50 should get them, there is no compensation for our time or gold stop pretending there is.

in Fractured

TehPwnerer.7215

If you remained at your current level (with max of 50), then you could still do this regardless. That’s not a reward. It’s being put back in the treadmill without any compensation.

It’s because they added a leaderboard. If you love fractals enough to get to 50 without any decent rewards, I’m sure you’ll have no problem doing it again with decent stuff flying at you as a result. Resetting everyone 30+ to level 30 for a chance at a top spot in the leaderboard is fair.

I personally don’t see the point to all these leaderboards, but I guess enough people do to warrant their existance. In any case, it was done to make a level starting position for those to climb the ranks again. We will all live.

in Fractured

TehPwnerer.7215

I don’t really care about the new rewards much except for picking the skin. I’m mainly kitten ed that I spent time getting multiple toons to 50 and all the money and time I put into this dam game to get that far just to have it reset without any compensation.

You say the new rewards are compensation? Then only those 30-50 should get them, there is no compensation for our time or gold stop pretending there is.

I bought a car for 50,000 dollars. It’s now 20,000 dollars and comes with more stuff. RABBLE RABBLE I WANT A REFUND FOR MY HIGHER EXPENDATURES AND I WANT A FREE CAR WITH ALL THE NEW BELLS AND WHISTLES FOR MY TROUBLE!!

No.

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

Yep, which kitten es me of as I have spent time and money to level these characters up for more rewards per day which now is obsolete. Not to mention the new swarm of kittenty kitten pugs that will plague us all. I for sure will be doing alot more kicking of those kitten longbow + bear rangers

“Oh no other players will want to do FoTM now that it has better rewards! WHAT CASUALS!” Get off your high horse and stop being elitist.

I would if they would learn to play their kittening class and contribute to the group instead of running a class they hardly know with kitten gear. Don’t pretend you don’t know what we’re talking about.

in Fractured

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I currently have 2 level 50 characters getting affected by the new fractal changes. They are not only set back 20 levels, but also leveling the second one is completely meaningless now that the fractal level is account bound.

I wonder if there are any plans to reward players for the lost levels, like for example a double daily chest until they catch up to their previous level? And maybe an ascended weapon chest with selectable stats per additional character leveled over 30?

If you lived in an apartment building and they changed your apartment number from 50 to 30AC would you complain that you “lost” 20 room numbers?

Levels over 30 didn’t give you any benefit, so you aren’t losing anything when they change your meaningless rank into a meaningful one.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

It’s because they added a leaderboard. If you love fractals enough to get to 50 without any decent rewards, I’m sure you’ll have no problem doing it again with decent stuff flying at you as a result. Resetting everyone 30+ to level 30 for a chance at a top spot in the leaderboard is fair.

I personally don’t see the point to all these leaderboards, but I guess enough people do to warrant their existance. In any case, it was done to make a level starting position for those to climb the ranks again. We will all live.

Getting to level 50 was not because it gave kittenty rewards, it was because it gave a better chance at fractal skins. Significantly better. As well as more exotics, more relics, more karma, more rares, more T6 mats.

I’ll not pass judgement on the leaderboard. Cause right now to me it seems like everyone will get to 50 and the leaderboard will be useless. Only thing I can imagine is ‘’who plays the most leaderboards’’… which is still useless.

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

I bought a car for 50,000 dollars. It’s now 20,000 dollars and comes with more stuff. RABBLE RABBLE I WANT A REFUND FOR MY HIGHER EXPENDATURES AND I WANT A FREE CAR WITH ALL THE NEW BELLS AND WHISTLES FOR MY TROUBLE!!

No.

Did I ask for the new rewards? kitten no, I was happy with the system as it was but if your going to kitten my level up and waste my god kitten time then I deserve something in return.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

First of all I have been doing daily lvl 48, getting an average of 10-15 rares, 1 exotic and cores, lodestones per run. The daily reward has given me so many fractal skins that I have started to salvage longbows, torches, maces and all the others , of which I had 5 duplicates of.

I do not want to do a lvl 30+ with a person who logged in with a character they never played before just because they felt like it. I would not call that elitist.

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

If you lived in an apartment building and they changed your apartment number from 50 to 30AC would you complain that you “lost” 20 room numbers?

Levels over 30 didn’t give you any benefit, so you aren’t losing anything when they change your meaningless rank into a meaningful one.

Actually they gave you a significantly better chance at skins and chests. Also, that is a completely irrelevant example that does not apply.

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

First of all I have been doing daily lvl 48, getting an average of 10-15 rares, 1 exotic and cores, lodestones per run. The daily reward has given me so many fractal skins that I have started to salvage longbows, torches, maces and all the others , of which I had 5 duplicates of.

I do not want to do a lvl 30+ with a person who logged in with a character they never played before just before they felt like it. I would not call that elitist.

Exactly my point

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

Yes, they did give significant benefits. Having multiple characters at 50 was useful in case your team needed different professions. Even the chests at the end of the first three fractal levels were significantly different. I’ve done plenty level 48’s on a level 1 character (and switching at the maw to my 50), and there is a clear difference.

in Fractured

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I think we should get 2g per fractal level resetted.

in Fractured

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I’m not a fractals player, yet I agree with this.

I understand why Anet is doing this reset, but they should not disrespect their dedicated fractals fanbase. If the reset needs to be done, high-leveled fractal players should be compensated.

Something simple, like gold per each fractals level lost, would go a long way.

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

Sorry didn’t ready yours fully:

Accept vaule of an apartment complex and buildings in general is number of bed rooms or beds and not number of rooms. I would say that you are the owner of the apartment complex with 80 rooms and a hurricane just came through destroyed your building and now you only have 30 rentable rooms now. Analogy here works cause Anet controls weather in gw2 not you they can honestly say quit if you don’t think it is better.

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

Maybe not exactly 2g but something to compensate us for our time from levels 30-50. 50+ would be nice if it was before the hard cap but that’s probably asking way too much. Sides we won't get anything in return anyways

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

Accept fotm difficulty is exponential. there fore g will be exponential and destroy the economy what is 2^50 power. 80-30=50. If anyting I agree there should be a title fractal master or something for those who actually got to 80 or some amount.

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I’m not a fractals player, yet I agree with this.

I understand why Anet is doing this reset, but they should not disrespect their dedicated fractals fanbase. If the reset needs to be done, high-leveled fractal players should be compensated.

Something simple, like gold per each fractals level lost, would go a long way.

you think you can make up the loose of somthing Special you did with Gold? all is about Gold in this game fractal and fractal Skins weren’t I will loose now 51 reward Levels… and what ammount of Gold can make up for this?… nothing only a Special Skin 1 time rewards that would remind me that I was one of a few maybe 100 that in 1 year got to lvl 81

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

Accept fotm difficulty is exponential. there fore g will be exponential and destroy the economy what is 2^50 power. 80-30=50. If anyting I agree there should be a title fractal master or something for those who actually got to 80 or some amount.

I honestly don’t expect (or would appreciate it if) people who exploited their way above 50 to get rewarded for it.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

The purpose of this thread was to get a reply from a developper and read the opinions of others in the same situation. It is definitely not so that it would be compared to an appartment building or an used car.

in Fractured

mtpelion.4562

Maybe not exactly 2g but something to compensate us for our time from levels 30-50. 50+ would be nice if it was before the hard cap but that’s probably asking way too much. Sides we won't get anything in return anyways

Hold on now… I’m pretty sure you just got through saying this:

Actually they gave you a significantly better chance at skins and chests. Also, that is a completely irrelevant example that does not apply.

So which is it? Were you compensated with a “significantly better chance” or do you need to be compensated for your time for levels 30-50? Doublespeak!

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

I honestly don’t expect (or would appreciate it if) people who exploited their way above 50 to get rewarded for it.

You do realize it was not exploiting before the January patch right? There was no hard cap then and you could do it with some clever rezing. That imo was skillful play and should be rewarded but knowing ANet you’ll be lucky to get anything even from level 30-50

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

stop the exploit waggon for real ? tell me what exploit I used I am 81 I used rez orbs to survive maw it is obviously a game mechanic that was in place and there is till now no dev post or somthing else that is telling that rez orbs were considered an exploit

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

TehPwnerer.7215

I would if they would learn to play their kittening class and contribute to the group instead of running a class they hardly know with kitten gear. Don’t pretend you don’t know what we’re talking about.

I don’t pug just for that reason.

in Fractured

mtpelion.4562

stop the exploit waggon for real ? tell me what exploit I used I am 81 I used rez orbs to survive maw it is obviously a game mechanic that was in place and there is till now no dev post or somthing else that is telling that rez orbs were considered an exploit

You aren’t seriously trying to argue that “being dead” was an intended part of the gameplay, are you?

You took advantage of an oversight in the programming (one which has been closed). You got nothing extra for your efforts other than a meaningless large number. Now they are actually putting in rewards for stuff over 30 and you are upset that your meaningless large number is being changed to a meaningful large number that is smaller than your meaningless large number.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

Again, it would be nice to hear what other people in the same situation think. Especially the ones who leveled multiple characters to 40+.

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

So which is it? Were you compensated with a “significantly better chance” or do you need to be compensated for your time for levels 30-50? Doublespeak!

You should read those posts in context they will attempt to make the exact same point which is that CURRENTLY levels 48 and 50 give you a better chance than 30 does now at weapons and good loot. In the FUTURE, you will get better rewards but I have said I DON’T kittenING CARE! We deserve compensation for our time spent in the CURRENT fotm for levels 30-50.

For levels 50+ fine since it would be hard to reward those as most people probably exploited.

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

Again, it would be nice to hear what other people in the same situation think. Especially the ones who leveled multiple characters to 40+.

I have already said my peace and I am utterly kitten ed if I don’t get rewarded for all my stacks of ecto, gold, and time for 55 AR across 3 toons.

in Fractured

mtpelion.4562

You should read those posts in context they will attempt to make the exact same point which is that CURRENTLY levels 48 and 50 give you a better chance than 30 does now at weapons and good loot. In the FUTURE, you will get better rewards but I have said I DON’T kittenING CARE! We deserve compensation for our time spent in the CURRENT fotm for levels 30-50.

For levels 50+ fine since it would be hard to reward those as most people probably exploited.

You just said you already got compensated in the form of better drops (which there actually is no evidence that suggests your drops are any better other than at the 10, 20, 30 tiers). Now you want extra compensation on top of those better drops in the form of a payment per level. Either your extra levels rewarded you with better drops and you deserve nothing, or your extra levels didn’t provide anything and thus were meaningless and now deserve nothing. There is no scenario here in which your extra levels deserve compensation when they are removed.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

I have already said my peace and I am utterly kitten ed if I don’t get rewarded for all my stacks of ecto, gold, and time for 55 AR across 3 toons.

Exactly, not to mention that it is an accomplishment to get that gear and play all those characters to level 50, which the acount bound fractal level makes completely meaningless.

in Fractured

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

you are upset that your meaningless large number is being changed to a meaningful large number that is smaller than your meaningless large number.

/thread

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

You just said you already got compensated in the form of better drops (which there actually is no evidence that suggests your drops are any better other than at the 10, 20, 30 tiers). Now you want extra compensation on top of those better drops in the form of a payment per level. Either your extra levels rewarded you with better drops and you deserve nothing, or your extra levels didn’t provide anything and thus were meaningless and now deserve nothing. There is no scenario here in which your extra levels deserve compensation when they are removed.

Of course you derserve a compensation for the extra levels. You are being set back, to do them all over again. Also, you most definitely deserve to be rewarded for spending time to level alts to the max doable lvl (in this case 50), only to see the entire player base to be given the same priviliges without the minimal effort.

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

Orly?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1qspc1/drop_research_guild_has_been_calculating_the_drop/

There’s more posts like that to be found, but I’m too lazy to scoop it up for you.

And I feel the need for a compensation for reseting the levels. Doing higher levels took more time / skill / attention / etc. And you got rewarded for that. You didn’t get much of a reward for leveling up to 50. You got a reward for doing high levels, not for getting there.

That’s the key point, getting compensation for the leveling. Not for missing out on previous loot or whatever.

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

Of course you derserve a compensation for the extra levels. You are being set back, to do them all over again. Also, you most definitely deserve to be rewarded for spending time to level alts to the max doable lvl (in this case 50), only to see the entire player base to be given the same priviliges without the minimal effort.

Thank you!

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

With agony reset you wont be able to play at level 30 either let a lot 50 so what do you care.

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

Exactly, not to mention that it is an accomplishment to get that gear and play all those characters to level 50, which the acount bound fractal level makes completely meaningless.

Yep, exactly not to mention you can only get the daily chest once now instead of once per toon. I call bullkitten

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

With agony reset you wont be able to play at level 30 either let a lot 50 so what do you care.

Agony will not be reset according to what the devs wrote.

in Fractured

Titanimite.2534

I care because I spent at least 4 ecto stacks on my back pieces (granted 2 stacks we’re required) and a kitten load of gold and my time to get up to level 50. So guess what? Now I get to spend more gold and time to level back up to 50 just so I can play the new fractals? kitten that!

Besides according to the devs you won’t lose your current AR

in Fractured

eekzie.5640

I care because I spent at least 4 ecto stacks on my back pieces (granted 2 stacks we’re required) and a kitten load of gold and my time to get up to level 50. So guess what? Now I get to spend more gold and time to level back up to 50 just so I can play the new fractals? kitten that!

Besides according to the devs you won’t lose your current AR

Basically what will happen is your backpiece will receive an AR infusion slot now.
It will be automatically filled with +5.

Lets say you want a new backpiece, you still have to spoon up 250 ectos to get the slot. But, in the future it will not even get the +5. It will be empty.

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

This will never happen enough said.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

People were getting double chests in WvW for doing nothing of importance but running with a zerg and getting new levels. I say getting your fractal lvl reset deserves at least that.

in Fractured

Posted by: rush in man.4506

rush in man.4506

why would A net do this to me! this is like someone braking your Lego house QQ

[SBI]
Guard(dhuum), Mesmer(Lyssa), Warrior(Dwaina)
Lvl50 Fractal, Lvl531 WvW