How are we supposed to compete?

in Fractured

Posted by: Erebus.9276

Erebus.9276

So people are being reset back down to lv30 from whatever super high level they SOMEHOW got to. What about the people that didn’t touch fractals because they where afraid of being banned for the OBVIOUSLY NOT INTENDED GAME PLAY people where using to play this content?

Everyone should be reset back to level 1 to even the playing field. It only makes sense!

<3

Casual Dungeon Thief

Card ~> Thief | Casual Card ~> Mesmer

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

to get to 80 glitchs where used when fotm first got out from true pioneers of fotm. Afterwards people to 80 by only doing odds with people already at 80. People wont be able to do fotm 30 post update most likely because of AR change and simple infusion being turned into AR+1. So ya there is that. There is a week to update and you can still get to fotm 30 in that time fairly easily.

in Fractured

Erebus.9276

to get to 80 glitchs where used when fotm first got out from true pioneers of fotm. Afterwards people to 80 by only doing odds with people already at 80. People wont be able to do fotm 30 post update most likely because of AR change and simple infusion being turned into AR+1. So ya there is that. There is a week to update and you can still get to fotm 30 in that time fairly easily.

I know its terrible, but still.. now I have to grind out fractals with questionable people to reach level 30 before next TUESDAY. That isn’t enough time. They should announce these types of changes MONTHS in advance.

Casual Dungeon Thief

in Fractured

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Not too sure what you’re referring to as ‘’obviously not intended game play’’.

It’s fairly doable to get to level 50 without doing anything that was not intended.

in Fractured

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

i have no doubt lots of people with AR 55 will start out at 30 and not look back.

in Fractured

Erebus.9276

You guys don’t understand.. starting out at square one with nothing… I have to get to level 30 this week or I’ll be behind my friends and we won’t be able to play together? I thought I could play how I want?

Casual Dungeon Thief

in Fractured

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

You guys don’t understand.. starting out at square one with nothing… I have to get to level 30 this week or I’ll be behind my friends and we won’t be able to play together? I thought I could play how I want?

You answered your own question. You can play how you want… Grind up or stay outside. It’s your decision to pick how YOU want to play or proceed till next Tuesday.

in Fractured

Erebus.9276

It isn’t enough time though. Each fractal can take upwards of 1hr… and every even level? Has some kind of boss fight? That probably takes even longer… I can only play so many hours each day with my wife and 3 kids to take care of. They need to give us more time.

Casual Dungeon Thief

in Fractured

panzer.6034

It isn’t enough time though. Each fractal can take upwards of 1hr… and every even level? Has some kind of boss fight? That probably takes even longer… I can only play so many hours each day with my wife and 3 kids to take care of. They need to give us more time.

If your friends are at level 30+, you were already behind them anyways. Were you not concerned with catching up with them within the past year?

in Fractured

Erebus.9276

If your friends are at level 30+, you were already behind them anyways. Were you not concerned with catching up with them within the past year?

Like I said, I was afraid to. But now that Living Story content is being added I feel forced to fractal. There was no past year, this started today.

Casual Dungeon Thief

(edited by Erebus.9276)

in Fractured

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Your friend can join you.

in Fractured

Erebus.9276

But then they wouldn’t be advancing so it isn’t fair to them… I have no choice but to grind fractal levels.

Casual Dungeon Thief

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

tell me 1 glitch that I used to get to my LEGIT 81… I’m tired of getting blamed on the Forums for things we didn’t do… I used rez orbs to complete maw it’s part of the gamemechanics those orbs… soo Tell me 1 Thing I used to get to scale 81 that was a glitch or stuff

this was considered back than the hardest Boss:

see glitchless…

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

panzer.6034

Like I said, I was afraid too. But now that Living Story content is being added I feel forced to fractal. There was no past year, this started today.

If you’re just doing it for the story, you can start at level 1 for the LS. If you just want to do level 30+, i’m not sure why this is suddenly an issue after a year and why you feel that you can no longer advance to that level once this update drops. There is no race, at least no more than the one that has existed since Nov ’12.

in Fractured

Erebus.9276

tell me 1 glitch that I used to get to my LEGIT 81… I’m tired of getting blamed on the Forums for things we didn’t do… I used rez orbs to complete maw it’s part of the gamemechanics those orbs… soo Tell me 1 Thing I used to get to scale 81 that was a glitch or stuff

this was considered back than the hardest Boss:

see glitchless…

You used reflects? What about my necromancer? How is it supposed to compete? So I have to buy gem store items in order to play this content now? Why is that okay?

Casual Dungeon Thief

in Fractured

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

Did I miss the part where lower level players can no longer join a higher level fractal and still progress?

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

you call yourself thief we had a thief in Group you could compete we had an ingi in the Group we could have changed im with a nec the massblind on nec is ridiculusly strong on that fractal… it seems you not Play nec main or you would know it… so yes your nec could compete you don’t have to buy gemstore items but I did have to buy it because there were no exploits known when we did this… I asked you to tell me where I used a glitch and you cna’t Name one so I can say I am legit scale 81 .. reflects are part of gamemechanics as are blinds some of the most powerfull skills in fotm as ele I don’t even use in this Video cause I didn’t know

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Erebus.9276

you call yourself thief we had a thief in Group you could compete we had an ingi in the Group we could have changed im with a nec the massblind on nec is ridiculusly strong on that fractal… it seems you not Play nec main or you would know it… so yes your nec could compete you don’t have to buy gemstore items but I did have to buy it because there were no exploits known when we did this… I asked you to tell me where I used a glitch and you cna’t Name one so I can say I am legit scale 81 .. reflects are part of gamemechanics as are blinds some of the most powerfull skills in fotm as ele I don’t even use in this Video cause I didn’t know

Blinds arn’t part of my minion build. And if someone as good as you didn’t know what to use how do you expect everyone to just glean this knowledge out of the thin air? I never said anything about glitches, just saying.

Casual Dungeon Thief

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

when you do somthing firsttime you Need to figure things out… by now there are many Special tactic we did it our way it worked but it would have been way easier if I used glyph of storm with blind.. if there is hard Content you Need to adapt your builds

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: Zwieger.3428

Zwieger.3428

I’m sorry…WHAT? Can someone translate for me please? I’m not sure what language to translate from in Google translate.

[DnT]
War – Master Zman | Thief – Masterzman

in Fractured

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

There was an extremely tiny number of people who bothered to get up to 80, glitching or otherwise, far fewer than the number of people who went up to 50. The level 50 people didn’t glitch and exploit their way up to that level.

in Fractured

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I’m sorry…WHAT? Can someone translate for me please? I’m not sure what language to translate from in Google translate.

“You call yourself a Thief and if we would of had a thief in our group you could compete. We had a Engineer in our group and we could of changed that with a Thief.
I played my Necro and the mass blind on necro’s are ridiculously strong. It seems you’re not playing a Necromancer as your main or you would of known. Your Necro could of accomplished this kind of content without purchasing gem stones or items from the gem store. To the time I did the content there were no known exploits therefore I had to purchase items from the store. I’ve asked you to point out the glitch I used to get to 81. I am level 81 FOTM because I used game mechanics as in reflects and blinds etc. This are the most powerful skills when running fractals and I didn’t even use them on my Ele in this video.”

Don’t ask me if that makes sense or why he refers to 4 different professions, I am just trying to translate that

in Fractured

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I seriously doubt that you have to get to 30 in a week or else never have a chance at the content. This is a permanent change, not a two week thing.

Now, there might be achievements tied to the debut, and that would be unfortunate. However, I don’t think they’d make time-limited achievements that can’t be done by someone who is starting with 0 AR (like me — I always refused to do anything treadmill like in this game, and don’t really want to grind out gear for the sole purpose of getting further in content).

Meanwhile, as TheGuildless noted, you can play with your friends. You’ll just be at your personal reward level, and, well, there may be consequences for lack of AR.

in Fractured

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Compete?

You dont have enough hours of playtime to compete. Seems simple to me.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Yes, this is a big issue. I still haven’t been able to complete a single fractal because people always use exploits, cheats and probably hacks too and I have to leave immediately because I don’t want to get banned.
And now those people are getting headstart on new content? Omg, what are they thinking? People who try to play fair and legit have no chance to make it on leaderboards.

in Fractured

panzer.6034

Yes, this is a big issue. I still haven’t been able to complete a single fractal because people always use exploits, cheats and probably hacks too and I have to leave immediately because I don’t want to get banned.

Lolwut. No one is using hacks or getting banned for running fractals.

in Fractured

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

You definitely have a point, then again this game doesn’t care about that sort of thing anymore. Arenanet has pretty much abandoned all of its pre-launch principles. Its pretty much a whole new game and philosophy.

My fractal level is 24.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Fractured

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sarcasm

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Fractured

Erebus.9276

Guys, you can’t just ignore this huge problem. This is going to further split the community.

Casual Dungeon Thief

in Fractured

panzer.6034

Guys, you can’t just ignore this huge problem. This is going to further split the community.

Current situation:
- X number of people at fractal level 80
- Y number of people at fractal level 0

The situation next week:
- X number of people at fractal level 30
- Y number of people at fractal level 0

Not seeing how reducing everyone’s level down closer to the the beginning suddenly splits the community.

in Fractured

panzer.6034

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sarcasm

kitten <—— wtf is this censored for?? lol

(edited by panzer.6034)

in Fractured

Posted by: lightning.8039

lightning.8039

(as i heard suggested) we should also remove everybody’s dungeon master title so that everybody can start on the same foot!

iheartlightning (ranger) DnT
“…but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”
-Benjamin Franklin

in Fractured

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

REALLY? People care about fractals leaderboard?! Why don’t we reset everyone AP to 0 so new players can compete too? (jk lol )

R.I.P Kumu <3

(edited by Flash.6912)

in Fractured

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

So you want me to lose my progress on content I enjoyed because you were too scrub or too timid to play? Tough luck buddy.

Apparently the ones who have progressed above 30 are the ones being told Tough luck buddy…….just sayin.

in Fractured

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

less time on forums, more in-game time playing!

sure but steady is the pace to go for with gw2. i agree maybe they could have announced this a bit earlier so people can “prep” for it.. call me ignorant, non-perceptive, but i still don’t see the main issue here.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Fractured

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

It all come down to AP & PvP leaderboards

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Fractured

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

The part in bold (didn’t wanna dissect the entire post)I been hearing that a lot lately and I dont know exactly what people did to get to 80. I want to say how would people know it was a glitch on brand new content? I seen some pretty wonky broken designs in games in the past. The most the pioneers knew it was working as Anet designed it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I agree on the fact that they should’ve told us about this 2 months ago…

Are you Shpongled?

in Fractured

Posted by: Kingteranas.1376

Kingteranas.1376

I started playing 4 months ago, and I’m at fractal lvl 45 now. There is no race, period. You get what you put in, if you didn’t feel like doing fractals between now and the time you dinged 80 then that’s your problem.. Why should the people who run high-level fractals daily have to suffer (even more) because of a few whining people who didn’t feel like doing fractals for the several months FOTM has been out. 30 is crappy enough, 1 will make players quit. Fractals will always be here, they’ve been a core pve concept since their release. So either run, or don’t run. Your choice. And if you want those living world achievements, It’s not gonna require you to run a lvl 50 fractal to get your meta. That’s a definite. This game caters to casuals so much already, and now the casuals want to complain about peoples’ well earned fractal levels.. Stop complaining, get to playing!

Kingteranas – 80 Guardian
Queen Of Macabre – 80 Thief
Dragonbrand [Ankh]

(edited by Kingteranas.1376)

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

So people are being reset back down to lv30 from whatever super high level they SOMEHOW got to. What about the people that didn’t touch fractals because they where afraid of being banned for the OBVIOUSLY NOT INTENDED GAME PLAY people where using to play this content?

Everyone should be reset back to level 1 to even the playing field. It only makes sense!

<3

CODE OF CONDUCT

You should not accuse players of exploits without any proof.

Since you don t know what you are talking about you should refrain from similar accusations….

Most fotm lvl 80 are legit…also they comes from buying intended gem shop items….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Why won’t you be able to play together? I haven’t seen anything in the patch info about suddenly not being able to join groups of higher fractal levels.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Fractured

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

But then they wouldn’t be advancing so it isn’t fair to them… I have no choice but to grind fractal levels.

If it is staying the same, which I believe it is. Then you can join your friends on FoTM 30 even if you are on FoTM1. They will be moved up to FoTM31 upon completion, you will be moved up to FoTM2. This is the way it’s been for awhile now. Nothing has changed, so what are you complaining about? If you didn’t have the Agony Resist to play with them before this update (since obviously they are high level fractals players, and you clearly have not completed even a single fractal based on your lack of knowledge on the boss fractal), then what’s the problem? You didn’t play it with your friends before this update, and you likely won’t play with your friends after it. Did you come on here just to complain about Anet and GW2 for the hell of it?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Fractured

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

And now those people are getting headstart on new content? Omg, what are they thinking? People who try to play fair and legit have no chance to make it on leaderboards.

This is the only person who understood what this thread was about.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

If it is staying the same, which I believe it is. Then you can join your friends on FoTM 30 even if you are on FoTM1. They will be moved up to FoTM31 upon completion, you will be moved up to FoTM2. … You didn’t play it with your friends before this update, and you likely won’t play with your friends after it. Did you come on here just to complain about Anet and GW2 for the hell of it?

This is exactly it. You didn’t do it before, so don’t do it next week. And I think Draknar is right, you can play at lv 30 with them and you will both progress. They will be 31 and you will be 2.

This isn’t going to split the community at all. There are people that do fractals and people that don’t. I have friends who don’t WvW and they weren’t calling shenanigans at the WvW season.

If you really wanted to play with your friends in fractals, then do it. Play this weekend so you at least have a clue on what it is all about. Yes… a necro can do just fine in there, you just have to know what to do.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Fractured

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

<3

CODE OF CONDUCT

You should not accuse players of exploits without any proof.

Since you don t know what you are talking about you should refrain from similar accusations….

Most fotm lvl 80 are legit…also they comes from buying intended gem shop items….

You used to be able to buy teleport guns and use them in dungeons to get into walls (i.e. CoE). Just because something is in the game, and you use then for their intended function, does not mean you’re not exploiting. It’s a matter of where you’re using them and for what reason. Would it be exploiting to use revive orbs in WvW if consumables weren’t disabled?

in Fractured

panzer.6034

And, as it was pointed out to me, this person is completely joking. lol. Funny that the person making wild, ridiculous statements as a joke is the one that “gets” the OP.

in Fractured

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The main changes in mechanics and difficulty start at level 31.
This update affects lower levels mostly when it comes to rewards and boss fractals.

Levels over 30 are being replaced with new versions with instabilities and new mechanics. So it makes sense to lower levels to that. No one has ever done one of the new level >31 instability fractals. Current levels above 30 will no longer exists, so no one could have the new ones unlocked before playing them. It wouldn’t make sense to keep them.

But there’s lots of people who have already done level 1-30 fractals without instabilities.

And no one stops you from joining other players at level 30, other than the players themselves. Only lack of skill and unavoidable agony will prevent you surviving at higher levels.

So there’s no need to lower the level under 30.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Fractured

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

You can play how you want, but if you want to play that way you have to play with people who play that way too. Makes sense to me. Would you prefer it if people advanced for running fotm 1, and they could get to 50 without having to do anything remotely challenging? If your friend plays different than you, that’s your fault, not Anets.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

And, as it was pointed out to me, this person is completely joking. lol. Funny that the person making wild, ridiculous statements as a joke is the one that “gets” the OP.

OP is trolling so I guess it actually makes sense

in Fractured

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Like I said, I was afraid to. But now that Living Story content is being added I feel forced to fractal. There was no past year, this started today.

This has to be one of the most absurdly illogical posts I have ever read….

Like he said, you were already behind (so why should you not still be behind?) and NOBODY is forcing you to do anything. If this guys is your “friend”, why not ask him for some assistance rather than post this nonsense here?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances