[Lore] Scarlet and the Reactor. It fits.

in Fractured

Posted by: warllockmaster.1379

warllockmaster.1379

You say, you find scarlet annoying?
That she is horribly written?

She is Brilliantly, made and here are the following reasons.
1# She distracts you each time from her real goals, by using the Alliances.
2# At her first time appearing she hacked the queens robots and used them to distract you so she could work in peace once more.
3# The Tower another distraction and an experiment to test what happens when you mix krait and sylvari magic.
4# In Scarlet’s back story she obtains some ’’mystic’’ knowledge and was Scarlet from that day on, in other words she discovered something that drove her mad.
5# She is not overconfident but clever, she fought us once and had her kitten handed to her, so she is not stupid enough to fight us again hench why she flee.
6# She is a fan of destruction and chaos, and she wish to find her purpose in the world with it.
7# none of you could write it better so quit yapping about it is badly written.

in Fractured

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Ill give people that she’s kitten annoying. But I dont think her plot or story is bad

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Fractured

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

Ill give people that she’s kitten annoying. But I dont think her plot or story is bad

Indeed.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Fractured

Posted by: ChaosWithin.6214

ChaosWithin.6214

SCARLET and the reactor doesn’t fit, Ceara and the reactor fits, for t to make sense it would have to be before she got into the machine that turned her into scarlet. as she supposedly found the answers to everything and went bat crap crazy, so she must have ad this knowledge before hand, its a shame this is not represented.

Now let them tremble

in Fractured

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It’s funny how people trivialize Scarlet’s accomplishments by saying: “but she didn’t learn all of it”. Fact is, she still learned more than even Asura do in a fraction of the time. Does it matter if you only study 3/4th of Medicine (which takes a decade at least) if you do it in just 1 year? No, of course you’re not a mary sure then…after all, you didn’t learn ALL of it…

I’m so glad many of you have enough imagination to enjoy Scarlet’s rediculous story because I certainly didn’t.

You don’t care how she formed the alliances right? Basically you’re saying that if North Korea and South Korea made peace and attacked the USA tomorrow, it’d make perfect sense?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Fractured

ChaosWithin.6214

2# At her first time appearing she hacked the queens robots and used them to distract you so she could work in peace once more.
3# The Tower another distraction and an experiment to test what happens when you mix krait and sylvari magic.
4# In Scarlet’s back story she obtains some ’’mystic’’ knowledge and was Scarlet from that day on, in other words she discovered something that drove her mad.
5# She is not overconfident but clever, she fought us once and had her kitten handed to her, so she is not stupid enough to fight us again hench why she flee.
6# She is a fan of destruction and chaos, and she wish to find her purpose in the world with it.

HOWEVER the only story line she has been integral to was the queens jubilee story where we fought her and where she actually made some sort of play to make her plan work, the rest of her “stories” she has been inconsequental, and the story would have played out the same way in terms of what we as players get to play without her ever being mentioned or shoe horned into the story, this is be biggest disappointment because they insist on writing bad stories for her, when if she was given more lore, that didn’t retcon current lore and a story where her presence/action were integral to the story and it felt like we as players had actually made a difference in stopping her then it could have been a good story arch, however it is now just tedious and annoying, its the same thing; a random kitten alliance that makes no sense pops up, we defeat the big baddy, scarlet pops in saying she was responsible for the alliance, and that even though we have defeated the alliance its all going according plan, despite saying the first time we defeated her that is was a set back and not according to plan, now she couldn’t have changed her plan so drastically in such a short space of time to make all these alliances with species known to not want interaction with other living beings(the Krait) and then laughs like the lunatic she is.

Now let them tremble

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

SCARLET and the reactor doesn’t fit, Ceara and the reactor fits, for t to make sense it would have to be before she got into the machine that turned her into scarlet. as she supposedly found the answers to everything and went bat crap crazy, so she must have ad this knowledge before hand, its a shame this is not represented.

It is quite likely that Cera became Scarlet long before the time-line of GW2 release started.
The Reactor takes place quite shorty (seems to be a few weeks at most) before release Time-line, and thus it is very likely that she was already Scarlet back then.

It does seem, based on her dialogue in the Fractal, that she is actually using the Reactor to find answers to what she saw in the Machine.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

ChaosWithin.6214

It is quite likely that Cera became Scarlet long before the time-line of GW2 release started.
The Reactor takes place quite shorty (seems to be a few weeks at most) before release Time-line, and thus it is very likely that she was already Scarlet back then.

It does seem, based on her dialogue in the Fractal, that she is actually using the Reactor to find answers to what she saw in the Machine.

problem is we don’t know what she “became” scarlet. it could have been before or after the reactor disaster but the reason i came to the conclusion is from the dialogue, to me it sounded like she was in control of her mind, but still didn’t now the answers that she found in the machine. we also don’t know exactly when the reactor blew up.

Now let them tremble

in Fractured

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

What if…

Scarlet wasnt actually in the reactor back at that point in time and instead just invaded the Mistlock Observatory and through that the Thaumanova Fractal with her Portal technology which she has used so many times by now?

I mean, it would be a possibility, right? That she caught wind of the Fractal being investigated and decided to use it to her advantage.

Just came to mind as a possibility since we all just seem to assume that, because she is in the fractal, that she actually was there before the reactor blew.

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

problem is we don’t know what she “became” scarlet. it could have been before or after the reactor disaster but the reason i came to the conclusion is from the dialogue, to me it sounded like she was in control of her mind, but still didn’t now the answers that she found in the machine. we also don’t know exactly when the reactor blew up.

The fact that she is called Scarlet and behaves like Scarlet in the Reactor does make it quite clear that she became Scarlet prior to said situation.
Just because one is insane doesn’t mean they can’t be in control of their mind.
I would say that Scarlet shows rather good control of her mind most times we meet up with her.

I don’t really think she found many answers in the Machine at all. Rather more questions that she is now trying to answer and experiment around. If she had all the answers, why bother with everything she is doing now instead of just going straight to her goal?

No, we don’t know exactly when it blows up.
But we do know that there is still a clean-up operation taking place in the GW2 Time-line, which would suggest that it is quite recently.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

ChaosWithin.6214

What if…

Scarlet wasnt actually in the reactor back at that point in time and instead just invaded the Mistlock Observatory and through that the Thaumanova Fractal with her Portal technology which she has used so many times by now?

I mean, it would be a possibility, right? That she caught wind of the Fractal being investigated and decided to use it to her advantage.

Just came to mind as a possibility since we all just seem to assume that, because she is in the fractal, that she actually was there before the reactor blew.

this probably isnt possible since from what we understand her portals use the leylines of magic around tyria, and the fractals are events from tyrias past found in the mists, which are different. and if thats the case then why would she not just invade the mistlock observatory and take control or destroy it?

Now let them tremble

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

Some observations so far:
There seems to be 1-2 DO NOT TOUCH on every map, including Orr where Anet often leave things out. They are in WvW as well, not sure where (Guildie told me)
The ones I have mapped (15 or so) have no apparent pattern.

in Fractured

Singer.8740

She worked with the inquest before she got into the isolation pod, hence she gave them the advise regarding chaos energy before then. (shame they went and duffed everything by tampering with dragon energy instead.) The scarlet you see in the fractal is actually the present day scarlet hijacking into your fractal to see what happened herself. Not the past scarlet who was Ceara at the time.

It’s funny how people trivialize Scarlet’s accomplishments by saying: “but she didn’t learn all of it”. Fact is, she still learned more than even Asura do in a fraction of the time. Does it matter if you only study 3/4th of Medicine (which takes a decade at least) if you do it in just 1 year? No, of course you’re not a mary sure then…after all, you didn’t learn ALL of it…

I’m so glad many of you have enough imagination to enjoy Scarlet’s rediculous story because I certainly didn’t.

You don’t care how she formed the alliances right? Basically you’re saying that if North Korea and South Korea made peace and attacked the USA tomorrow, it’d make perfect sense?

she did not master anything actually. Here is the proof.

http://wartower.tumblr.com/post/60458277036/this-lorespecial-is-about-scarlet-briar-the-evil

through research we also find that the course work she studied in rata sum were heavily simplified introductory course’s tailored for non asurans. She is hardly as smart as an asura this one pod cast alone defuncts all claims of Scarlet being a Sue. Im quite tired of repeating myself now so I think I am going to call this post quits. Too many people with biased views who do not do enough research to back claim’s.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Fractured

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

I think you’re missing the point: it doesn’t matter where Scarlet fits or where they forcibly try to fit her.

The point is that she’s a terrible character. She’s annoying. She’s one-dimensional. She has no defining traits. She’s a Mary Sue and the Scrappy Doo all wrapped into a blanket of terrible. She shouldn’t exist at all – so by extension she doesn’t fit anywhere.

If people don’t like the story and the characters, the writers have failed. Not the audience. Audience is the judge and the jury, and my verdict, for one, is death.

Plus, I’ve seen paper napkins that were stronger than GW2’s lore. Does it really matter if something fits with a story that’s not there?

in Fractured

Singer.8740

I think you’re missing the point: it doesn’t matter where Scarlet fits or where they forcibly try to fit her.

The point is that she’s a terrible character. She’s annoying. She’s one-dimensional. She has no defining traits. She’s a Mary Sue and the Scrappy Doo all wrapped into a blanket of terrible. She shouldn’t exist at all – so by extension she doesn’t fit anywhere.

If people don’t like the story and the characters, the writers have failed. Not the audience. Audience is the judge and the jury, and my verdict, for one, is death.

Plus, I’ve seen paper napkins that were stronger than GW2’s lore. Does it really matter if something fits with a story that’s not there?

And this biased nonsense is why I am done here. have a good day folks.

in Fractured

ChaosWithin.6214

She worked with the inquest before she got into the isolation pod, hence she gave them the advise regarding chaos energy before then. (shame they went and duffed everything by tampering with dragon energy instead.) The scarlet you see in the fractal is actually the present day scarlet hijacking into your fractal to see what happened herself. Not the past scarlet who was Ceara at the time.

really, your really going to spout the BS theory of her hacking into the fractals, this would make the story even worse that it already is, because it would make the assumption scarlet has somehow become more of an expert on the mists and the fractals that dessa, who quite literally lives in the mists and fractals.

Now let them tremble

in Fractured

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

With all the hate going on, it seems the rage train only want to hate Scarlet, and keep her in the Living Story only, at any cost. What I find annoying is that people keep claiming she does not belong in the Reactor.

Soooo…. Lore time. The game actually does have lore you know.

Back to basics. Scarlet used to have another name. From Wiki the first thing we learn is:

Ceara emerged from the Dream of Dreams with an innate fascination with the interlocking systems of nature, and a determination to forge her own path independent from the Mother Tree.

In my translation she is looking for the answers to “everything”. She wants to understand how things are connected and put together. In a world infused by magic, there is sure something to get to know. Magic is a part of the world, and everyone has access to magic. With Scarlet being so thirsty for knowledge, this is the ultimate mystery to be solved, the ultimate tome of knowledge. (This seems like guessing, but read on)

From an interview with Angel McCoy:

Magic is the lifeblood of Tyria. The entire world is infused with it, and it flows through everything via ley lines that criss-cross the planet.
The natural role of the dragons is to keep this magic balanced. From time to time, in the long history of the world, the dragons have awoken and begun to draw the world’s magic into themselves, reducing the level of magic flowing through the ley lines.

When the dragons have consumed enough and thus reduced the world to a low level of magic, they go back to sleep. From then on, the magic leaks from them, back into the world at a reasonable rate. Eventually, it builds up in the world again, and the dragons awaken again to tip the teeter-totter back in the other direction.

Now why is this relevant? Well. First of all, the dragons are very much active in the game, meaning we have reached a peak in the magic flowing around the world, so a loooot of magic must be flowing through those ley lines. Furthermore, Zhaitan is dead (surprise spoiler!). That must have released a lot of magic. I dare say there have never been more magic flowing across those ley lines.

Ok, so far we got Scarlet wanting to know how things connect, a lot of magic and dragons. What then? Back to Scarlet!:

Ceara’s ideas were understandably unpopular with the colleges of the Arcane Council, but very much in line with the ideology of the Inquest. She spent a brief time with them, but was ejected from Rata Sum after she and Teyo were found meddling with designs in the city’s archives

Scarlet DOES have history with the Inquest. With the lore describing her being in Rata Sum, being with Inquest, and also running around with Hyleks after again being an outcast, I think it’s safe to say she was in Metrica Province where all these can be found. Now for the sake of Inquest:

Thank you for posting this nice well thought out post about what’s going on with the Reactor Fractal and Scarlet. I’ve seen so much hate and quick-to-judge attitude both in-game and on the forums that it’s becoming annoying. I’ve been wanting to post something about Scarlet and how this is all a more deeper story and character than most people give credit for, but I just don’t have the time right now to commit to that. Back to this, it’s nice to see a positive look on the LS lore and story for once. Makes me feel that I’m not alone >_> haha. Perhaps, I’ll find some time soon to add to the discussion; however, I’ll keep an eye on this thread as it continues.

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

I gave up on mapping the DO NOT TOUCH, as no immediate pattern appeared. Seems another global event with a few random placements on every map. Here’s what I found, red dots are DO NOT TOUCH devices.

Attachments:

in Fractured

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

she did not master anything actually. Here is the proof.

http://wartower.tumblr.com/post/60458277036/this-lorespecial-is-about-scarlet-briar-the-evil

through research we also find that the course work she studied in rata sum were heavily simplified introductory course’s tailored for non asurans. She is hardly as smart as an asura this one pod cast alone defuncts all claims of Scarlet being a Sue. Im quite tired of repeating myself now so I think I am going to call this post quits. Too many people with biased views who do not do enough research to back claim’s.

1) I didn’t call her a Mary Sue because she’s repetitive. I called her a Mary Sue because she constantly has everything down pat enough to be the dominant force with dominant resources behind all actions, even though the other characters around her lack ability to do the same thing with more knowledge. She does everything in magically 1/4th the effort it would take another character who’s studied it twice as long and worked twice as hard at the same objective. That’s why she’s a Mary Sue.

Your contradiction here alone is another example:
She didn’t master it and only knows introductory material… but knows enough to hijack a fractal?

…come on. Anyone who regularly runs FOTM knows Dessa hangs on the skin of her teeth to operate them WITH AN ENTIRE KREWE and she’s been there literally forever. If Scarlet’s hijacking fractals that makes her EVEN MORE of a Mary Sue character, just due to the unlikeliness of it. Do the Inquest have their own FOTM machines ANET just forgot to tell us about too?

(edited by Enokitake.1742)

in Fractured

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

I don’t think there’s ever been an agreed upon definition of what a “Mary Sue” is, the only stable theme being that it’s a character that is amazing in every regard within the story and yet grating and annoying to the reader (viewer/player/whatever).

To that end, Scarlet is the absolute worst and most prominent example of a Mary Sue I’ve ever seen. Ever.

It’s actually rather amazing how horrible she is. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Great refutation. I have five more pages of detailed explanations if you’d like to take a look. And that’s just me.

I think anyone with any knowledge of film or writing will immediately point to scores and scores of problems with not just Scarlet but GW2 in general…

And, in fact, they have. Lots of people on these forums bring up perfectly legitimate points in that regard. Hell, most guesses and suggestions I’ve seen are miles better than what ANet’s writers have ever come up with.

in Fractured

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Your contradiction here alone is another example:
She didn’t master it and only knows introductory material… but knows enough to hijack a fractal?

…come on. Anyone who regularly runs FOTM knows Dessa hangs on the skin of her teeth to operate them WITH AN ENTIRE KREWE and she’s been there literally forever. If Scarlet’s hijacking fractals that makes her EVEN MORE of a Mary Sue character, just due to the unlikeliness of it. Do the Inquest have their own FOTM machines ANET just forgot to tell us about too?

Scarlet didn’t hijack the fractal, she was acting as a consultant for the inquest who were stationed at Thaumanova.

That said she is a very meh villian and I hate how Anet hyped up the fractal’s lore when they knew the cause of it was so bland (it didn’t even answer a ton of the questions).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Fractured

Posted by: ZiemnyJoker.1763

ZiemnyJoker.1763

My friend made this, it shows the locations of all “DO NOT TOUCH” pillars.
http://imgur.com/a/Q6Vmn

~Royal Historian.

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

~Royal Historian.

That’s not all of them. From the few I found, he is definitely missing one in both Bloodtide Coast and southern Cursed Shore.

in Fractured

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

~Royal Historian.

~Royal Historian.

That’s not all of them. From the few I found, he is definitely missing one in both Bloodtide Coast and southern Cursed Shore.

Hello there!
I haven’t forgotten about this, I am currently in game running around finding if there are more Do Not Touch Devices (DNTD’s). Here is the location for the ones in the borderlands, I shall assume they are exactly the same for all three. So far the only pattern I see is a triangle (course there is 3 so…ya it can make a random looking triangle). Currently I have found 1 more DNTD in Kessex Hills and 2 more in Harathi Hinterlands. My current theory there is 3 per region… none in the starter zones. I ran around all of Metrica and parts of Queensdale and Caledon forest with no luck. I will be updating Treeline’s map with ZiemnyJoker’s friend’s map. Hopefully I will get the full map posted by Sunday…or something.

I also did a google about the gw2 ley lines and found the guru webpage with some interesting information and the whispers maps. Though not sure if the whispers maps are dragons, ley lines, whispers passage ways or other. But they dont seem to match dragon locations ie. Arah or even Scarlets new toys… http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/40761-the-complete-world-of-tyria-image-heavy/page__st__90
But we will find out soon enough what the DNTD’s are for… At least we will have mapped locations for them when the time arrives.

Im glad that finding the interview helped. It was on the wiki and I had to listen to it twice. Ceara (not a firstborn)was a rather naive inquisitive Sylvari who wanted to know everything… learned enough to not be a master. I figure with her time line it puts her at an estimated12-15 years of age (full grown sylvari). Awoke with the shared information of the dreams as a full grown adult. Spent 8 years in the Grove learning from the Sylvari, 1 winter..(4-6months?) from the Norn, 2 years with the Charr, 1 year each with dynamics and statics colleges and 1+ in Synergetics. Plus the time she was traveling and away. From the Wiki.
The Pale Tree doesn’t give you to much information besides Scarlet is Power hungry and the Councilor Yahk?(spelling) says they had to kick her out of the inquest… so ya.

*Edit: DNTD’s will appear on your map when your about 2500 units away. Mesmer Portal range or half mini map.

Attachments:

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

(edited by GarthDreamWalker.7806)

in Fractured

GarthDreamWalker.7806

For those that are watching this thread or care… here is what i have so far as of this morning. I color coded each location by person just to give credit where credit is due. Maps is not done yet but I should be able to find the rest of the points rather quickly now. Thanks to ZiemnyJoker for posting Soneilons work and Treeline. Both cut the time down alot! (minus the terrain)
Interesting how the three of the TNTD’s are right outside the Orders headquarters as well.

Soneilon – Red
Treeline – Blue
Treeline/Soneilon – Purple
Garth – Green

If anyone finds more then 3 do not touches in a zone please let me know and post where it is. Thanks!

Attachments:

in Fractured

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

With all the hate going on, it seems the rage train only want to hate Scarlet, and keep her in the Living Story only, at any cost. What I find annoying is that people keep claiming she does not belong in the Reactor.

Soooo…. Lore time. The game actually does have lore you know.

Back to basics. Scarlet used to have another name. From Wiki the first thing we learn is:

Ceara emerged from the Dream of Dreams with an innate fascination with the interlocking systems of nature, and a determination to forge her own path independent from the Mother Tree.

In my translation she is looking for the answers to “everything”. She wants to understand how things are connected and put together. In a world infused by magic, there is sure something to get to know. Magic is a part of the world, and everyone has access to magic. With Scarlet being so thirsty for knowledge, this is the ultimate mystery to be solved, the ultimate tome of knowledge. (This seems like guessing, but read on)

From an interview with Angel McCoy:

Magic is the lifeblood of Tyria. The entire world is infused with it, and it flows through everything via ley lines that criss-cross the planet.
The natural role of the dragons is to keep this magic balanced. From time to time, in the long history of the world, the dragons have awoken and begun to draw the world’s magic into themselves, reducing the level of magic flowing through the ley lines.

When the dragons have consumed enough and thus reduced the world to a low level of magic, they go back to sleep. From then on, the magic leaks from them, back into the world at a reasonable rate. Eventually, it builds up in the world again, and the dragons awaken again to tip the teeter-totter back in the other direction.

Now why is this relevant? Well. First of all, the dragons are very much active in the game, meaning we have reached a peak in the magic flowing around the world, so a loooot of magic must be flowing through those ley lines. Furthermore, Zhaitan is dead (surprise spoiler!). That must have released a lot of magic. I dare say there have never been more magic flowing across those ley lines.

Ok, so far we got Scarlet wanting to know how things connect, a lot of magic and dragons. What then? Back to Scarlet!:

Ceara’s ideas were understandably unpopular with the colleges of the Arcane Council, but very much in line with the ideology of the Inquest. She spent a brief time with them, but was ejected from Rata Sum after she and Teyo were found meddling with designs in the city’s archives

Scarlet DOES have history with the Inquest. With the lore describing her being in Rata Sum, being with Inquest, and also running around with Hyleks after again being an outcast, I think it’s safe to say she was in Metrica Province where all these can be found. Now for the sake of Inquest:

Thank you for posting this nice well thought out post about what’s going on with the Reactor Fractal and Scarlet. I’ve seen so much hate and quick-to-judge attitude both in-game and on the forums that it’s becoming annoying. I’ve been wanting to post something about Scarlet and how this is all a more deeper story and character than most people give credit for, but I just don’t have the time right now to commit to that. Back to this, it’s nice to see a positive look on the LS lore and story for once. Makes me feel that I’m not alone >_> haha. Perhaps, I’ll find some time soon to add to the discussion; however, I’ll keep an eye on this thread as it continues.

Lots of people would rather discuss the lore and the story than see endless posts of whinging. Unfortunately, few dare to start such threads because they end up like this one: a few thoughtful on topic posts in a sea of petty, self-centered complaints.

in Fractured

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

See its not that it dosent make sense, you can easly make sense of things. Its that they turned scarlet into a edgy mary sue psycho villain that is so smart and strong right of the bat without any decent character development other then a backstory blog post about ‘’Im a rebel I’ll do whatever the hell i want’’. Her being the reason for the thaumanova reactor explosions is fine, i dont even care. But this alliances between totaly diffrent and unrelated races? that dosent make sense! Dredge and flame legion was lame , but I could put up with that. But Nightmare and krait? that felt like anet wrote bunch of race names on pieces papers and put them in hat and randomly picked 2 and slapped a alliance name on it.

Just because it made sense that she was related to the thaumanova reactor dosent redeem the bad writing, bad character development, plot armor and random kitten pull plots and the total destruction its making out of guild wars verse lore.

Had they introduced her at the beginning as decent character who wasnt too powerfull and actualy letting us beat her fair and square instead of she pulling a team rocket ’’WE’LL BE BAAAAAAAACK’’ ‘’ EXPECT UUUUUS’’ ‘’MEOWTH! THAT’S RIGHT!‘’ then maybe a anet could bring her back with a ’’I have trained and honed my skills just to beat you and I have brought 2 races together to ensure your deaths’’ ‘’(a little better backstory afcours)- then the alliances would make sense. Instead what to do get? Alliance for a random reason and ’’later tater’’.

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

in Fractured

Posted by: Leaf.3156

Leaf.3156

Why the hell did the alliances help her in the first place? It doesn’t make any sense at all and there’s not a single bit of explanation to it other than Scarlet being so perfect.
First time the queen’s clockwork knights appear, and Scarlet already knows exactly how they work and how to hack them. Once again, just Scarlet being perfect.
Again, how the hell did she convince the Krait and Nightmare Court to cooperate other than through being a poorly written Mary Sue that can do anything she wants?
“She’s able to do anything she wants because she found some macguffin and it made her go mad the end”
Whenever we fight her we kick her kitten and then she goes LOL I WAS JUST PLAYING LATER TATER as if nothing happened. It makes the fights feel pointless and stupid, very much like Scarlet’s entire character.
Sounds like the stupid excuse every THAT GUY uses to ruin the story with his Chaotic Neutral character in every single tabletop campaign. WELL HE JUST LIKES CHAOS SO THAT’S WHY HE RANDOMLY KILLED THE KING WE JUST HELPED.
“You can’t bake a bread so you can’t complain when the baker hands you a lump of burnt dough”

Scarlet’s character is inexcusable and nearly driving me to uninstall the game and demand a refund. I paid for the quality I learned to expect from GW1 Arenanet, but GW2 Arenanet has become lazy, bland, and greedy.

I’ve seen better characters than Scarlet on the bloody Star Wars Holiday Special. If she were an evil, manipulative, and intelligent villain with actual motivation behind her actions, I could stand her. But right now, she’s just randomly being evil because it’s random and evil. This is Bioware tier writing, and I’m not talking about the old Bioware that made Baldur’s Gate.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kureman.7219

Kureman.7219

I read every posts on this topic, there is a lot of interesting thoughts.

But I guess, we’re back to the main problem of story telling in GW2 : The Lore is everywhere except in the game itself.

What is the point of playing a game if all its content is outside of it ?

Maybe Scarlet is not a random character after all… if you stick together blogs/articles/interviews and forum discussions…

in Fractured

GarthDreamWalker.7806

Hello everyone, I think I found them all! /cheer I never found more then 3 per map and sometimes that 3rd one was rather hard to find. If anyone finds any more please let me know.

Attachments:

in Fractured

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

The “do not touch”, I plan mapping/finding those Thursday night/friday morning unless someone else gets them done. Anyone know if there is just one per area or more and are just randomly found?

Do keep us updated and thanks for the effort!
So far I have not seen more than 1 per map.

I came across two in Malchor’s Leap.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Fractured

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

None of us are offering Scarlet as part of a product for which we expect to make money, either.

in Fractured

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

To be fair, most of what you’ve given as reasons she isn’t just an over-powered fan-fic character are just damage control. Small degrees as to why she’s just a master, not a grandmaster. No one but maybe the gods have her proficiency at everything. & noone has her annoying personality to make them infuriating. They showed restraint & focus in terms of power on other villains like Palawa Joko & Shiro. Here she’s just an npc fan character for no good reason. Varesh very nearly brought about the destruction of the planet & there was no need to make her “super-awesome-great” at everything.

I think people like her because she fulfills the same need in people as Mary Sue fan-fic character does. It doesn’t make her a good character.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

in Fractured

GarthDreamWalker.7806

The “do not touch”, I plan mapping/finding those Thursday night/friday morning unless someone else gets them done. Anyone know if there is just one per area or more and are just randomly found?

Do keep us updated and thanks for the effort!
So far I have not seen more than 1 per map.

I came across two in Malchor’s Leap.

Um…2 additional ones or are they the ones on the map?

in Fractured

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They just need to add the lore into the game instead in website articles. ;/
They coulda had an NPC tell you to investigate who she was after she appeared, which would lead you to Rata Sum and I’m sure there’d be a little Asura who could tell you about her.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Fractured

Treeline.3865

Hello everyone, I think I found them all! /cheer I never found more then 3 per map and sometimes that 3rd one was rather hard to find. If anyone finds any more please let me know.

Wow. Amazing job man! I would never have had the patience to do this. I’m a little disappointed that it seems like another “global event that does not disturb newbies”. But I’m still curious what they are. I first wrote that they looked like Aetherblade tech, but it also seems Molten. with that hammer beating up the ground beneath the machine.

in Fractured

GarthDreamWalker.7806

Wow. Amazing job man! I would never have had the patience to do this. I’m a little disappointed that it seems like another “global event that does not disturb newbies”. But I’m still curious what they are. I first wrote that they looked like Aetherblade tech, but it also seems Molten. with that hammer beating up the ground beneath the machine.

Hahaha…there were certain points where I was getting very frustrated.

Hi all, just made a revised version of the map key and changed a color so it would stand out better against the background.

Attachments:

in Fractured

Posted by: soneilon.7095

soneilon.7095

Wow! It looks like there was much more dots than I thought! Thanks ZiemnyJoker for including my researches to this discussion.

Now it looks more chaotic than before so I can’t see any pattern. Someone on the Reddit (I can’t recall post nor nick, sorry!) have had theory of connection between Thaumanova and Chaos Crystal Caverns and then many dots I’ve looking for were on that line. Now I definitely don’t know what to think about it.

One I know pillars could be made by Scarlet because when you touching them too much you’re dead and then there’s another phrase: “Tsk, tsk. Let that be a lesson to mind your own business.”… Tsk, tsk? Who says something like that if not Scarlet?

P.S.: Ley Line Theory? Funny, my main character is Leyanah :P