Never done a FotM - will I be left behind?

in Fractured

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Q:

I’ve never done any fractals. I plan to soon, but will my inexperience & lack of AR prevent me from seeing this new LS content? If so, I’d better get on that soon.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Fractured

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

i think you will easily find a group using the looking for group tool.
You are not alone.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Fractured

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Yeah I believe there will be a lot of people that will try them out now, with no AR I think you can do levels from 1-19 (but be careful with the agony on levels +10).

Don’t be afraid of them, if you need help just whisper me in-game ;D

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Fractured

Seras.5702

Thanks ghost. I’ll be honest, I have been hesitant to try em out because I thought they were the equivalent to raids in the sense that it’s for hardcorez only, min-maxing, wmg groups. I gotta learn to trust the casuals and friendly players in this community more when it comes to end-game content.

in Fractured

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

There is also a lot more newer players that just never done them before.

Also get into a guild, some guilds do guild runs at set times or just are willing to do it with new players too, My guild does them every monday at server reset for leveling new players fractals levels and to help teach them as well.

SAB or RIOT

in Fractured

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I’m still around lv 8-10 or so. If you are NA server guest to TC or I guest to you, forma party we can go in together (I know most of the fractals already). I’ve been meaning to go into fractals for a while now.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Fractured

Faux.1937

I’m still around lv 8-10 or so. If you are NA server guest to TC or I guest to you, forma party we can go in together (I know most of the fractals already). I’ve been meaning to go into fractals for a while now.

LFG tool, dont need to guest, Just make a post, EVEN if there is NO POST on there, Because you made a POST you will get PLAYERS into your party EASILY

I do fractals everyday, level 1-49 so its not always high levels, I play at night and early morning and I can tell you, Ive never waited more than 5min for any party when “I POST on LFG”.

Use the LFG tool, its very useful, and I mean use as in you make post too.

SAB or RIOT

in Fractured

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Guesting because of party (game is buggy with parties when not on same server for dungeons also because overflows). Fractals still works different party-wise than other dungeons. I really am not sure how its works these days, been a while. Still you can’t play with EU servers even for fractals if this OP or you are EU.

LFG is useless. Not many know how to use it in TC, or don’t care, or make that logical leap to knowing I post there and people know a party is being formed for x content.

The LFG tool is not fluid enough to be used properly just saying. You literally need to open it up to see what parties are available. It could be less detached from the game, by say, going to an npc/animated bulletin board (like an airport arrival/departure screen? Too bad GW 2 isn’t that Sci-fi genre wise) or a message that pops up in your chat window (one does but its short lived and possibly drowned out by map/etc), or a hint bubble (every map change (toggle-able) "parties are available. hit “Y” to find the LFG tool and find content to join."

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Fractured

Faux.1937

Guesting because of party (game is buggy with parties when not on same server for dungeons also because overflows). Fractals still works different party-wise than other dungeons. I really am not sure how its works these days, been a while. Still you can’t play with EU servers even for fractals if this OP or you are EU.

LFG is useless. Not many know how to use it in TC, or don’t care, or make that logical leap to knowing I post there and people know a party is being formed for x content.

The LFG tool is not fluid enough to be used properly just saying. You literally need to open it up to see what parties are available. It could be less detached from the game, by say, going to an npc/animated bulletin board (like an airport arrival/departure screen? Too bad GW 2 isn’t that Sci-fi genre wise) or a message that pops up in your chat window (one does but its short lived and possibly drowned out by map/etc), or a hint bubble (every map change (toggle-able) "parties are available. hit “Y” to find the LFG tool and find content to join."

Like I said I do multi fractals a day in low and high levels, I only use lfg tool and always have gotten a party within minutes of posting and dont have many problems at all, just or person here or there and mostly b.c they are over seas.

More use the LFG tool than you think. I think Ive done about 40-50 fractals now just using the lfg tool.

From my experience most players seem to just wana “Hop right into the party” and dont really wana start one, so I always start one and It fills up within a minutes.

SAB or RIOT

in Fractured

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Well if you’re NA servers maybe I should find you. I always wanted to help new players get into this.

in Fractured

Seras.5702

I’m on Yak’s Bend (NA) so if you ever see me on shoot me a pm and I’ll definitely give fractals a go with someone who doesn’t mind a first timer. I’ll keep my eyes open for you all too.

in Fractured

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

I actually like it because I know what I’m getting into, if I want to do a speed clear because I’m short on time I’ll prefer to get into the group “Only 1337 warrs berserk gear check no nubs luuuulz”.

Otherwise I’ll just pick any group that I find, you do not need to guest since all the dungeons are multi-server (of course, if you are NA you can’t party with EU). Only problem in fractals is that if you opened the instance you can’t change characters.

My guild will be doing progression runs for all levels this week, if anyone needs to progress to a specific level send me a PM and we’ll try to form a party

(I’m on NA btw)

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Fractured

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

You’ll be fine. Use the LFG tool and begin by looking for Fractals 1-9. You don’t have to join a group on level 1. Anything between 1-9 will suffice for your first run.

Upon joining your group, indicate that you have never done FoTM before, but that you are attentive and will listen to directions. Most groups won’t have a problem with that and will appreciate and respect you for being so forthright. In my experience, players who admit they are new to certain content tend to be better players overall and excel at most fights anyway. Players who keep quiet about being unfamiliar, on the other hand, tend to be the players groups find frustrating and unpredictable.

If the group doesn’t want to teach you the ropes, that’s fine. You’ll fine one that does. Fractals level 1-9 are (soon to be were, I guess) very easy, and are well designed as an introduction to the fights. Keep looking for groups between levels 1-9, indicate your inexperience, and have fun.

in Fractured

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I’m on Yak’s Bend (NA) so if you ever see me on shoot me a pm and I’ll definitely give fractals a go with someone who doesn’t mind a first timer. I’ll keep my eyes open for you all too.

I’m on Yak’s too and i know my guild will have a bunch of newer people running when it comes out if you’re interested. We’re a friendly bunch.

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I’ve never done any fractals. I plan to soon, but will my inexperience & lack of AR prevent me from seeing this new LS content? If so, I’d better get on that soon.

This whole update is made with players like you in mind. People that never tried it or tried it and hated it. So if you have an hour or so, hop in. Try to get a guild group going rather than pug. Regardless wait for another week before you get started. You’ll have more fun.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

I’m on Yak’s too and i know my guild will have a bunch of newer people running when it comes out if you’re interested. We’re a friendly bunch.

Yaks here too!
I’m adding you guys to my friends list, I would love to do a run. I’ve only done a couple levels and still new to it. I think we can get together and figure it out, for some fun! I also have a private TS server we can use

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

in Fractured

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

There is also a lot more newer players that just never done them before.

Also get into a guild, some guilds do guild runs at set times or just are willing to do it with new players too, My guild does them every monday at server reset for leveling new players fractals levels and to help teach them as well.

This

With Every guild I have been in I have held “fractal classes” where we bring people into fractals for the first time and then work with them weekly in different catagories. Every day I would do one “1-9” for beginners, and one “10-19” for intermediates. I would then run my 28, 38 and 48 with pick groups of the “advanced” fractal runners in the guild. It really helped get people to enjoy fractals rather than be afraid of them by having a ‘higher up’ help them through the lower levels, and I would get my daily chest from doing each set of 10. Usually each of us higher level (personal reward level) guys would grab a group for fractal class so we would have multiples running all at the same time….it also helped the guild by getting everyone ascended rings and backpieces.

in Fractured

Posted by: sdcmgs.7348

sdcmgs.7348

Good to see so many players willing to help us “new to fractals” people. I might actually try them after this update. Are there any good guides or notes to newbies that could be helpful?

Level 80, Sylvari Necromancer
Not So Epic [HAL]

in Fractured

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Im also here if you need help.

in Fractured

Posted by: Devik.9852

Devik.9852

LFG tool, dont need to guest, Just make a post, EVEN if there is NO POST on there, Because you made a POST you will get PLAYERS into your party EASILY

I do fractals everyday, level 1-49 so its not always high levels, I play at night and early morning and I can tell you, Ive never waited more than 5min for any party when “I POST on LFG”.

Use the LFG tool, its very useful, and I mean use as in you make post too.

While THIS is TRUE about the LFG tool and getting Players EASILY I DONT know why you capitalized CERTAIN words other than to ANNOY certain PEOPLE like ME. lol

in Fractured

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

all you need to do is just form your own group using the lfg tool and you will find ppl fast

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

in Fractured

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

Big Thanks to you and your guildies for running us around a few nights ago! It was a blast and motivated us to try it again.
Glad I reached out to our Yaks friends instead of LFG, it really made a difference!

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server