Punishment for players that realy care

in Fractured

Posted by: xiciu.1658

xiciu.1658

YO;
So we are getting FotM personal levels down to 30. Why? Is there particular reason to punish players for playing fraktals before carrot and stick system?
We were gathering armor, rings, amulets, new ascended weapons, working our kitten off so we will be prepared that some day Anet will finally unlock more content/levels for us.
And we got leveled to “generic population” as reward.

nice “Fractal Reward Updates” for playing em

And dont forget all taht crap loot and countless fractals without getting anthing out of it. 48lvl almost every single day…

(edited by xiciu.1658)

in Fractured

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Probably so you don’t have an advantage with the new leaderboard, although I agree it’ll probably really suck for you. I’m sorry, I know I would have been kitten ed if they cut out my Achievement points when they included that leaderboard. The only possible advantage that I can see is you’ll have time to get used to the new Mists Instability feature before jumping into 20+ levels of it…

in Fractured

Posted by: rodadams.5963

rodadams.5963

Well, at 31+ you’re getting the new Instabilities, which is a completely new type of challenge, which your 30+ runs from before don’t equate to.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

Still they should do smth to compensate for em. I’m glad i quitted fotm @ 29 lol. I would be ragin like mad xD

in Fractured

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

If they want they can bring all our characters to level 1 if the new game changes requires it as long as they keep our achievement points.

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

YO;
So we are getting FotM personal levels down to 30. Why? Is there particular reason to punish players for playing fraktals before carrot and stick system?
We were gathering armor, rings, amulets, new ascended weapons, working our kitten off so we will be prepared that some day Anet will finally unlock more content/levels for us.

It doesn’t matter what we want. We were asking for fractal update since it was released last year. We played while casual players hated fractals. And now we’re being leveled with the rest of the population of the casual players because they make up bigger population. Whatever we say will be taken lightly. Hard work? Why? I shouldn’t have even bothered leveling multiple toons to level 49… What was the point…

in Fractured

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

There is no reason good enough to take away someones hard work we have earned.

SAB or RIOT

in Fractured

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

I’m one of the players who will be reduced to 30, but I’m okay with it. I’m more interested in actually playing fractals and in them getting expansion and some much, much needed attention, not in being congratulated for things I’ve already done.

in Fractured

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

They’re attempting to improve the challenge of the fractals at levels 31+. This is the downside of them trying something new.

Look at it like this: You want to know if someone’s good before you take them into a high level fractal with you, right? Well, what those high level fractals throw at you is going to change. If they DON’T reset this, then how will you know if someone’s good at the new version, or if they simply had a high level from the old version? And how will people know the same about you?

They really do seem to be trying to make people happy here. Let’s get a few more details about the change before we decide if it’s worth what we lose for it or not. Please.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Fractured

Faux.1937

Probably so you don’t have an advantage with the new leaderboard, although I agree it’ll probably really suck for you. I’m sorry, I know I would have been kitten ed if they cut out my Achievement points when they included that leaderboard. The only possible advantage that I can see is you’ll have time to get used to the new Mists Instability feature before jumping into 20+ levels of it…

There is a Max level, so why do we have leaderboards? Why do we need them for fractals? In 2 weeks time, there will be 1000’s of top fractal players on the leaderboards b.c there is a hard cap and all the fractal players will hit that hard cap.

SAB or RIOT

in Fractured

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

YO;

It doesn’t matter what we want. We were asking for fractal update since it was released last year. We played while casual players hated fractals. And now we’re being leveled with the rest of the population of the casual players because they make up bigger population. Whatever we say will be taken lightly. Hard work? Why? I shouldn’t have even bothered leveling multiple toons to level 49… What was the point…

I think the point of a game is to have fun generally. If you had fun then that was the point. If you did it and you weren’t having fun then I suggest counseling.

Additionally you aren’t really losing progress. They are rebalancing the levels. The old level 50 is the new level 30. Now there is a new mechanic that is allowing you to progress further.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

I’m one of the players who will be reduced to 30, but I’m okay with it. I’m more interested in actually playing fractals and in them getting expansion and some much, much needed attention, not in being congratulated for things I’ve already done.

That’s wouldn’t be so bad if I had a character at level 49 and she’s being reduced to 30. But having 3 of them up there and 4th on the way is just a slap in the face.

in Fractured

Faux.1937

They’re attempting to improve the challenge of the fractals at levels 31+. This is the downside of them trying something new.

Look at it like this: You want to know if someone’s good before you take them into a high level fractal with you, right? Well, what those high level fractals throw at you is going to change. If they DON’T reset this, then how will you know if someone’s good at the new version, or if they simply had a high level from the old version? And how will people know the same about you?

They really do seem to be trying to make people happy here. Let’s get a few more details about the change before we decide if it’s worth what we lose for it or not. Please.

OR, let us try them 1st and see if they actually are hard at all. They actually might be easier b.c the bosses might not 1-2 hit kill you and you may be able to zerk past the “hard parts” in sec just like the new TA path, or just like the older temp dungeons or just like everything else in this game.

SAB or RIOT

in Fractured

ZudetGambeous.9573

There is a Max level, so why do we have leaderboards? Why do we need them for fractals? In 2 weeks time, there will be 1000’s of top fractal players on the leaderboards b.c there is a hard cap and all the fractal players will hit that hard cap.

incorrect, fractals have been rebalanced. The levels stop scaling at the new level 50. If you can complete level 50 that is the max difficulty. After that it is just acquiring more drops of agony resist and overcoming the gambits. There is no longer a hard cap.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kresa.1859

Kresa.1859

i dont think that anyone with proffesions at fractal 80~ or multi proffesions at 40+ will be ok with this update… all the time we spent…i never complained in the gw2 forum but this just killed me : /

in Fractured

ZudetGambeous.9573

That’s wouldn’t be so bad if I had a character at level 49 and she’s being reduced to 30. But having 3 of them up there and 4th on the way is just a slap in the face.

Incorrect, fractal levels are now account bound, all your characters will progress at the same pace. If you weren’t offended by one character being reduced then you aren’t offended.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

Additionally you aren’t really losing progress. They are rebalancing the levels. The old level 50 is the new level 30. Now there is a new mechanic that is allowing you to progress further.

That would be fine if the level would stay character bound. Working hard to have multiple characters is higher levels was completely a waste of time it seem, since I would’ve had more fun just constantly playing on my main…

in Fractured

Faux.1937

incorrect, fractals have been rebalanced. The levels stop scaling at the new level 50. If you can complete level 50 that is the max difficulty. After that it is just acquiring more drops of agony resist and overcoming the gambits. There is no longer a hard cap.

Then I must have misread it.

SAB or RIOT

in Fractured

Romo.3709

Incorrect, fractal levels are now account bound, all your characters will progress at the same pace. If you weren’t offended by one character being reduced then you aren’t offended.

You logic is flawed. That’s because you don’t even know where I’m coming from having one character…

in Fractured

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

OR, let us try them 1st and see if they actually are hard at all. They actually might be easier b.c the bosses might not 1-2 hit kill you and you may be able to zerk past the “hard parts” in sec just like the new TA path, or just like the older temp dungeons or just like everything else in this game.

I’ll admit, I never considered that they might make them easier. But if they do, then being at some high level will mean even less than it does now, right? Your gains would, in effect, become meaningless anyway.

Or at least mean less than they do now. Especially when fractal level becomes account bound.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Fractured

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

If it’s for leaderboard reasons, shouldn’t people who care more about fractals BE higher on the leaderboard? I was on the AP leaderboard at the beginning because I cared about AP before there were leaderboards, should be the same for fractals.

Disappointing that I’m going to have to do fractals 10 more times to start working on the tonic, but hey I can live.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

in Fractured

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

I can feel you on that. The levels should always have been account bound, and there was no way to change to account bound without indirectly punishing the people who did a lot of grinding to get more than one character up that high. There aren’t a lot of people in that position – relative to the size of the entire community – but it is unfair for them, I agree.

My comment was more directed at people who had gone to 70 or 80, knowing that kind of progression was not intended, and are now saying they are being treated unfairly.

in Fractured

Posted by: Angelic.1365

Angelic.1365

You logic is flawed. That’s because you don’t even know where I’m coming from having one character…

Having multiple characters past 50 and one almost at 80 this update makes me cry

Only 1 crowd is pleased by this update and it’s not the die hard fractal crowd, almost as if we have been forgotten.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

80 levels /8 characters=10 they are giving all characters level 30 that is a ridiculous change and now we never have to level alts that helps us so much. Also most people made it to 80 before recent updates when there was still glitch to exploit and rerolling easy 3 fractals. Anet is removing these possiblities from the equation. This is not negating people who gotten high level fractals though great achievement. Also max fotm level after update seams to be 50. 2ndly rewards at 30 will probably be just as good as what you are getting at 80.

I welcome the reformat of fotm. Also they are probably going to do it with wvw points too and there will be alot more complaining about that.

in Fractured

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I’m much less worried about “being thrown in with the general population” than about the time invested for, well a rollback.

Admittedly I mostly ran high level fractals as a favour for friends and guildmates, because I had the resistance and an easy going profession, so I’m less psyched out about the rollback. But I do understand those seriously annoyed by this. Especially since it’s done without any form of compensation. Not even a title thrown in for those at 50. (Which I’m not btw., just 47.)

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

in Fractured

Posted by: aries.6548

aries.6548

I am a fractal lvl 80, so I get nothing now for my hard won accomplishment, gg anet thx a lot

in Fractured

Kresa.1859

Having multiple characters past 50 and one almost at 80 this update makes me cry

Only 1 crowd is pleased by this update and it’s not the die hard fractal crowd, almost as if we have been forgotten.

indeed! i got all my alts to fractal 50 just in the hopes of getting a fractal update , and its ironic that this update will destroy my effort ^^

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

You get a new platform to show off how good you really are also better rewards. That isn’t exactly nothing.

in Fractured

ZudetGambeous.9573

So you’d rather the entire game suffer and it stays character bound just because you spent a little more time getting more characters up?

Account bound fractal ranking is something that has been asked for the entire year, it is probably the best change in this patch.

in Fractured

Posted by: Thaccus.7034

Thaccus.7034

I have no steak in this nor do I care to, but I find it rather amusing that you are so vehemently opposed to this given your sig.

in Fractured

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

It’s not like they’re taking away your earned rewards. Since the whole fractal system is being revised it was logical there’d be a level reset.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wuman.9132

Wuman.9132

I’m pretty sure they did this so the people who abused bugs at jade maw to level up (using ranger pet revive, revive orbs, or that trick to res someone before Agony killed the team) wouldn’t have an advantage over those who were capped at 49. But those who did hit 49, is an issue I guess…. And those who used people to level up over 49 after those bugs were fixed got screwed over pretty much too…

in Fractured

Faux.1937

I’m pretty sure they did this so the people who abused bugs at jade maw to level up (using ranger pet revive, revive orbs, or that trick to res someone before Agony killed the team) wouldn’t have an advantage over those who were capped at 49. But those who did hit 49, is an issue I guess…. And those who used people to level up over 49 after those bugs were fixed got screwed over pretty much too…

Those arnt bugs, they are actual game mechanics that players found and used in way Gw2 Devs didnt think about, Just b.c a few players where smarter than the makers doesnt mean everone should be punished.

If they said ALL players will be revert back to level 49, then it would be a different story.

SAB or RIOT

in Fractured

Posted by: Wuman.9132

Wuman.9132

Sadly I don’t think thats what anet thinks. They ban first, then ask questions in many occasions… So I think this is probably a better solution… They put a hard cap there so people wouldnt do it, and… they did… If it was serious, which was not, they could of gotten banned… IDK that wut I think.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

I have no steak in this nor do I care to, but I find it rather amusing that you are so vehemently opposed to this given your sig.

My sig makes perfect sense all around, even in here. It is bad for us hardcore fractal players and it is good for those casual fractal players. And the way of thinking and point of view makes it good or bad. I’m just having a hard time not showing how disappointing in Anet I really am right now…

Regardless thanks for noticing it

in Fractured

Posted by: xiciu.1658

xiciu.1658

It shouldn’t bother me because i stated that i’m having fun there? You misunderstood me, i’m bothered that i’m punished for having that fun by downgrading me for my commitment and staying with content.

Not going forward itself is falling behind. And this is even worse.

in Fractured

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

This is a stupid change, that only punishes the dedicated players. Bad move .

I want my fotm levels back.

in Fractured

Posted by: Malik.6781

Malik.6781

Poor casuals now you also disappointed, aww… How rude huh?

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

The only way to get to 80 is very simple to never do maul. So even at 80 you never got to see great rewards that he gives. So what are you really loosing an log farm area. and it has been stated rewards for fotm are increasing on order of the dungeon update with champ update it isn’t even as good of a farm spot. Only thing you are losing is the prestige of saying im 80 and that is it.

in Fractured

Posted by: LostInSmoke.2590

LostInSmoke.2590

The only way to get to 80 is very simple to never do maul. So even at 80 you never got to see great rewards that he gives. So what are you really loosing an log farm area. and it has been stated rewards for fotm are increasing on order of the dungeon update with champ update it isn’t even as good of a farm spot. Only thing you are losing is the prestige of saying im 80 and that is it.

No, people are losing literally, hundreds of hours of work. This is an insult to one of GW2’s most dedicated playerbases.

If anything, they should be giving people something for each FOTM PR level they are STEALING from everyone.

in Fractured

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

What about daily and per 10 level rewards? If they have been made account bound along with reward levels I seriously might be done with this game. Not trying to be dramatic but seriously, high level fractals (and being able to run them multiple times for full reward) is one of the last things holding my interest in this game.

I’m already kitten ed about the level rollback but I can learn to deal with that. But if Anet is doing YET ANOTHER thing to further discourage players from having multiple characters, I jus won’t even know what to say.

Zelendel

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

No, people are losing literally, hundreds of hours of work. This is an insult to one of GW2’s most dedicated playerbases.

If anything, they should be giving people something for each FOTM PR level they are STEALING from everyone.

Most people got to 80 who really wanted to within first 2-3months fotm was out. Anet through removing glitch’s has now made reaching 80 impossible. What is benefit of those hours of work other then prestige of saying you are 80 and farming dense mob spots. Anet is most likely giving you equivalent rewards. So the only thing you are losing is the fact that you can no longer say you are 80. And if you are really a good fotmer you should stay at top of leaderboard and ranking the prestige. Like it or not fotm is considered the endgame of gw2 so the top of this leaderboard will be considered some of the top players of PVE even more then the achievement leaderboard. An the only think you lose is you cant physically say you are 80 for this opportunity. Cry me a rive and cool your head in it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Spider.3109

Spider.3109

Those arnt bugs, they are actual game mechanics that players found and used in way Gw2 Devs didnt think about, Just b.c a few players where smarter than the makers doesnt mean everone should be punished.

If they said ALL players will be revert back to level 49, then it would be a different story.

Well that was first when the only way to get past lvl 50 WAS this let’s call it exploiting. But with the patch where you could join any frac lvl you didn’t even have to use any kind of “bad e word” you could simply join an odd frac higher then 50 and there was nothing (it wasn’t even demanding just hard for your nerves…) that could have stopped you.

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

Well that was first when the only way to get past lvl 50 WAS this let’s call it exploiting. But with the patch where you could join any frac lvl you didn’t even have to use any kind of “bad e word” you could simply join an odd frac higher then 50 and there was nothing (it wasn’t even demanding just hard for your nerves…) that could have stopped you.

even odd paths will have bosses now so cant do that trick any more to level with the upcoming update. Though they might now have global Agony like maul though.

in Fractured

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

They made fractals more for noobs. But after level 30 they will still be hard and with new challenges. So noobs will at level 19-29 and us others will be leveling again, and now with harder content. So there IS a reason why they deleveled us to 30. Now it will be considerably harder to get to 50 and those who exploited into 80 will be fixed.
EDIT: what I don’t like is that they put fractal weapons into level 10. That will kind of erase my happiness from Fractal Shield I dropped at 40+ level.

in Fractured

Kresa.1859

Most people got to 80 who really wanted to within first 2-3months fotm was out. Anet through removing glitch’s has now made reaching 80 impossible. What is benefit of those hours of work other then prestige of saying you are 80 and farming dense mob spots. Anet is most likely giving you equivalent rewards. So the only thing you are losing is the fact that you can no longer say you are 80. And if you are really a good fotmer you should stay at top of leaderboard and ranking the prestige. Like it or not fotm is considered the endgame of gw2 so the top of this leaderboard will be considered some of the top players of PVE even more then the achievement leaderboard. An the only think you lose is you cant physically say you are 80 for this opportunity. Cry me a rive and cool your head in it.

What about the people that leveled more alts to level 40+ ???? each alt i lvled took me alot of hours, and the gain from it after the update is Nothing, and i know there are really alot of ppl that leveled alts as well…, this is not some cof p1 thing that ppl wont be able to do on 8 proffesiosns daily … this is an effort of endless hours per each alt and i did this on 7…. dunno i just find all of this very wrong.
You cant blame the people for being angry, when so many people get angry it cant be for nothing, in fact i sure u and the other people that dont understand this didnt actully spent as much time as we did… so it easy to say we are wrong

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

^-2nd argument is that they shouldn’t care cause all there alts are being place at a fairly high level in new fotms and that total levels are most likely more then initially had especially if you bought new character slots or are going to buy more characters. Only people being hurt truly hard by this are the people who made it to 80 early and I truly feel for them but I’m selfish and I prefer updates to fotm that for them to maintain there static of saying I’m an 80 expert. Anyway fotm at high levels is all squad building and this update definitely helps with that by allow use to use our alts. So expect people to level faster then they ever did in first version if you leave you cant get back in and second version. Should bring some new mechanics and keep them more interesting as you level.

(edited by Fafnir.5124)

in Fractured

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Perhaps those at higher levels should do a screenshot for their archives and to document it for those few elitists that demand proof. I agree that there is at least a perception of hard work being undone; I’ve seen the devs repeatedly do things to compensate in such situations, however. If this really does negate something, there will be recognition of the loss. If all it does is change a number, this will all have been much ado about nothing.

in Fractured

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I’m not entirely sure why there’s a new leaderboard at all. If there’s now going to be a hard level cap at fractal 50…what exactly is the leaderboard for? If the leaderboard has no purpose, so does resetting everyone for the sake of competition.

Even if the reset is necessary somehow, it still comes across as a slap in the face to the people who’ve climbed up to the ridiculously high fractal levels. I know I’d feel the same way if ANet suddenly reset all of my characters to level 30, or reset my world completion to 30%.

in Fractured

Posted by: kennymarkp.7296

kennymarkp.7296

I don’t complain much, but when you change fractals to pander to the crowd, you’ve really done something wrong. First of all, I’ve wasted so many hours on getting ascended trinkets that are only available through the terrible laurel currency, so 30-40 days per trinket~. Then the repeated fractals so that I could get a certain weapon skin. The skin that I wanted is the sword skin (which I’ve yet to get) for my mesmer, second skin I would like is a second dagger. And now you change the AR system and the probability of getting skins…
I know some people will enjoy the changes but you’re giving a big finger to those people who’ve wasted so much time on getting skins.
ANet, you should’ve just changed the probability of getting skins in higher fractals, or at least give me the ability to trade these useless pristine fractal relic or shard of crystallized mists essence (which I got enough of).

(edited by kennymarkp.7296)