Skin acquirement needs to stay hard

in Fractured

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Dropping from level 10 will make these extremely common. They kinda are common already but that’s because of the actual long endured work people put into acquiring them. I don’t think this change is necessary as it will only bring the prestige down from one of the only skins in the game that is an account bound drop by default and it really is like a smack in the face for those who worked for their skins, who had to run AT LEAST 20+ fractals. Most with a lot of skins probably ran 40’s more so.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Fractured

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Ive ran over 200+ fractals and I dont even have a half the skins, I have multi characters in the 20’s and 30’s and my main fractal character is 49 and Ive done about 30-40 level 40+

I truly feel they should be skins and not weapons.

Im ok with it being at level 10 now, b.c we can only have 1 chance to get that weapon a day now, no more doing multi daily runs for a chance.

SAB or RIOT

in Fractured

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Or how about getting rid of rng altogther..i think that is the best move. It’s a shame their leaving it behind rng. I get really sad to see people with fractal greatsword and they dont even have an ascended backpiece…. It just tells me they got luky in a low lvl fractal(good for them tho) and me who has been doing 48 is still left empty handed….account bound rng is the worst!

in Fractured

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

While I agree that acquiring these skins should stay hard, do you even know what will be the drop rates at lvl 10? It could be very very rare that it wouldnt be even worth it to run lvl 10 fracts over again for getting these skins. But, no one knows..

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

in Fractured

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

The problem even with the revamp however is/was the typical rng problem.

My regular fractal group has a poor soul who would have had the “do 500 fractals” achievement god knows how often by now and only ever got 4 (yes FOUR) fractal weapon skins. (Not me btw. I’,m a lucky kitten when it comes to fractal skins.)

And before you counter with the level argument, he’s at 50 and has done his share of 30+ and 40+ fractals. Still, no luck means no skins.
The “hard work” simply doesn’t neccessarily pay off where rng is involved.

I would have preffered if they made the skins obtainable via pristine fractal relics. Make them ridiculously expensive for all I care and charge 30 or even 50 for the skins. but make them accessible by “hard work” and not sheer luck alone.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

in Fractured

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The new level 10 is the old level 25, they really aren’t moving anything. You just haven’t understood the new level mechanics fully.

Old 1-50 = new 1-30. new 30+ = higher difficulty

That’s also why they are resetting everyone to 30 since that is where everyone is after the new difficulty rebalance.

in Fractured

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

The new level 10 is the old level 25, they really aren’t moving anything. You just haven’t understood the new level mechanics fully.

That’s also why they are resetting everyone to 30 since that is where everyone is after the new difficulty rebalance.

And where exactly did they state that? They only state they will up the difficulty of 30+ with the mistlock instabilies. But I can’t find anything that would indicate that the new 30 might become as hard as the old 50.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

in Fractured

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

They kinda are common already but that’s because of the actual long endured work people put into acquiring them.

“long endured work”? lol.

I know people who’ve gotten a sweet skin the first time they run level 20 while I’ve gotten probably 30 chests at levels 20-40 without a single skin i can use. Simply beating a level 20 and praying to the RNG gods is practically as much of a joke as beating a level 10 with the same dumb luck.

in Fractured

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

And where exactly did they state that? They only state they will up the difficulty of 30+ with the mistlock instabilies. But I can’t find anything that would indicate that the new 30 might become as hard as the old 50.

“As you level up within the Fractals of the Mists, enemies become more challenging (up to a maximum level of 50)”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-the-fractals-of-the-mists

50 is the max difficulty now. After 50 the scaling of mobs hits its maximum and the only thing that changes is the mistlock abilities.

Previously the difficulty of the mobs didn’t hit the max even at level 80 as far as I am aware. They seem to have rescaled the difficulty by ~2.

I could have sworn they specifically mentioned the rescaling, but I can’t find it now. We will know for sure in a week I suppose.

in Fractured

panzer.6034

I could have sworn they specifically mentioned the rescaling, but I can’t find it now. We will know for sure in a week I suppose.

They definitely said they were adjusting the difficulty of 1-30. Dunno what that means, exactly.

in Fractured

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

From the PoV of someone with 500+ fractals done and 1 skin, I’d like to ask what “stay hard” means for you. I recently got my very first fractal weapon skin (a shield) after over 500 fractals (stopped counting after the achievement was completed). Felt random, completely useless for me and all I could say was “I love RNG” in a very sarcastic tone.

Sure, the fact that they now drop from a very easy level means more casual players who don’t want to/cannot get past level 10-19 will also get them, but they could before with a bit of help from friends (ex: I ran L48 fractals multiple times with players at 10-20 as their personal level).

So yah, sure, let it stay hard by actually giving us a method of acquiring them. I don’t mind doing challenging content knowing I’ll get the weapon I want, but RNG still remains….so skin acquirement was NEVER hard, just a tedious grind with no sense whatsoever except kitten us off.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Stay hard? They are very easy to get.

in Fractured

Gasoline.2570

They kinda are common already but that’s because of the actual long endured work people put into acquiring them.

I know people who’ve gotten a sweet skin the first time they run level 20 while I’ve gotten probably 30 chests at levels 20-40 without a single skin i can use. Simply beating a level 20 and praying to the RNG gods is practically as much of a joke as beating a level 10 with the same dumb luck.

Well some of us weren’t so lucky, I did 20s and 30s a lot, got jack, then did the way harder 40s and started getting them. Seeing this become a drop on 10 is a joke.

And 500 fractals? That’s practically nothing. I’ve been doing them since launch of FOTM and the numbers are probably astronomical. I earned my skins, seeing people have a chance at them at such easy levels is just wrong.

Meanwhile, some guy with 1500 AP gets one the first time he runs a level 20 frac. The system is crap and doesn’t necessarily reward people who work hard.

Time and time again, when I hear people start doing 40s they generally start getting drops. The fact that some get lucky is unfortunate, but so far this has been the most solid testament to risk/reward with 40s being the hardest the game offers.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

(edited by Gasoline.2570)

in Fractured

Posted by: Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Culpa.5012

The problem is that acquiring the skins isn’t hard by any stretch of the imagination. It just takes a little love from the RNG gods. Sure, doing a higher and potentially more difficult level gives you a better chance, but it’s still RNG.
If they implemented a set of tokens that you get from one of each different fractal at level 50 and you needed them all for one weapon, then we might be talking difficult, because it requires player achievement, not luck.

in Fractured

panzer.6034

Well some of us weren’t so lucky, I did 20s and 30s a lot, got jack, then did the way harder 40s and started getting them. Seeing this become a drop on 10 is a joke.

And 500 fractals? That’s practically nothing.

Meanwhile, some guy with 1500 AP gets one the first time he runs a level 20 frac. The system is crap and doesn’t necessarily reward people who work hard.

in Fractured

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Coming from someone who has done well over 500 fractals across all my characters and leveled multiple up into the 30’s and 40’s I have only ever received ONE fractal skin a pistol which none of my characters can use except Mesmer but I don’t like how it looks like my gear!

The only reason I started doing them in the first place was for the skins specifically Hammer, Axe, Mace, Longbow, Greatsword. None of which I have ever received just the piece of crap pistol. I know several people who have just made it to fotm 28 and received most of these and are quite nooby at fractals.

There is nothing hard about getting these skins its pure RNG and I would much prefer them get rid of the change to drop them all together and drop pieces that you can use to make your own weapon that you actually want or make it possible to combine relics and other mats in the forge to make them. But I’m very doubtful at this point ANet will care about us enough to do this. Instead they like to screw us and all of our hard work.

in Fractured

Gasoline.2570

And I’m having a difficult time seeing people run 40s even moderately and not getting a drop. ~75% of the runs I had in 40s had a guy link a weapon at the end. And my luck is generally very poor regarding drops in the game, so this is one instance I cannot believe anyone who claims 40s wont drop anything if you do them daily.

And again, 500 is a low fractal number. Anet should have made it possible to see the total amount of fractals youve ever done.

in Fractured

OMNIBUS.2913

And I’m having a difficult time seeing people run 40s even moderately and not getting a drop. ~75% of the runs I had in 40s had a guy link a weapon at the end. And my luck is generally very poor regarding drops in the game, so this is one instance I cannot believe anyone who claims 40s wont drop anything if you do them daily.

the last few runs i’ve done at 48 nobody has gotten a weapon. believe it or not, its true lol.

in Fractured

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

the last few runs i’ve done at 48 nobody has gotten a weapon. believe it or not, its true lol.

You’ve never seen the poor unlucky souls who do it daily and get nothing. I’ve been in several 48s with no skins dropping or in some that the same person receives the same skin as before, ending up with copies of harpoons etc.

And we get it, “500” is low – we don’t know how many we’ve done past that so 500+ is a way of saying "we’ve at least got our achievements done and can give a reference to it.

in Fractured

panzer.6034

It’s mainly a matter of 2 people putting in vastly different amounts of work and the result is the person who hardly did anything gets the prize while the person who spends 50+ more hours gets nothing. Some dude doing a level 10 and getting an easy drop vs some dude doing a 20 and getting an easy drop is inconsequential by comparison.

in Fractured

OMNIBUS.2913

It’s mainly a matter of 2 people putting in vastly different amounts of work and the result is the person who hardly did anything gets the prize while the person who spends 50+ more hours gets nothing. Some dude doing a level 10 and getting an easy drop vs some dude doing a 20 and getting an easy drop is inconsequential by comparison.

and the fact that you can possibly never get the weapon u want. Or spend as much time doing fractals trying to get a weapon when you could’ve been doing other things and guarenteed another awesome weapon. At least we get gold now though.

in Fractured

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Spoiler: there was always a rare chance to get them in the 10-20ish. The only change we made was to make them skins so you can apply them without spending a transmutation stone.

in Fractured

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Spoiler: there was always a rare chance to get them in the 10-20ish. The only change we made was to make them skins so you can apply them without spending a transmutation stone.

Thank You Based Arenanet.

Question: Are we going to get a table on the gold rewards?

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

in Fractured

Posted by: ordeal.9145

ordeal.9145

Thats nice for the transmutation part, but why is getting the weapons is only in a RNG way? i put so many hours doing fractal never getting what i want so i can see other people getting skins i wanted as random as well?

This system isnt rewarding or fun

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Can the skins still be decomposed as ectos? and what happens to weapons with out stats that are equipped do they now become stateless skins equipped on a character?

in Fractured

OMNIBUS.2913

Not that it matters since i dont do the lower lvls but when you say rare you must mean, Extremely Ultra Super Rare. .00000001% chance. Cause i never heard of it happening before lol.

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Will that change be applied to weapons that have already been acquired?

in Fractured

panzer.6034

Will that change be applied to weapons that have already been acquired?

Better start salvaging those exotic frac weapons now.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lysander.3796

Lysander.3796

I got the mace skin twice between 20-29 and destroyed them both. Next time give me the longbow you kitteny RNG!

in Fractured

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Unfortunately the change doesn’t apply to items that have already been acquired. Ultimately that’s what I wanted but there was a pretty severe technical limitation on this, so we thought it would be better to make the newly items work this way rather than postpone the conversion any longer.

Also, at higher Fractal levels the weapon skins become more common, and also start dropping in a container that lets you pick the one you want.

in Fractured

Posted by: Necrochild.1497

Necrochild.1497

Obligatory “That’s what she said” comment.

Also, I agree, rare drops should stay rare, however, I do like not being required to use a transmutation stone anymore!

in Fractured

OMNIBUS.2913

Also, at higher Fractal levels the weapon skins become more common, and also start dropping in a container that lets you pick the one you want.

OMG YEEEEESSSSS, ok im much happier now

in Fractured

Posted by: ordeal.9145

ordeal.9145

Without this last quote i was about to rage quit… thank you for giving me light in the darkness!

but still do consider some none rng way to get it wouldnt break the game

in Fractured

panzer.6034

START dropping in an container? As in, you don’t get to choose until you’ve gotten to a certain level?

in Fractured

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Unfortunately the change doesn’t apply to items that have already been acquired. Ultimately that’s what I wanted but there was a pretty severe technical limitation on this, so we thought it would be better to make the newly items work this way rather than postpone the conversion any longer.

This just made up for the rest of the patch! Thank you guys!

in Fractured

Gasoline.2570

Not that it matters since i dont do the lower lvls but when you say rare you must mean, Extremely Ultra Super Rare. .00000001% chance. Cause i never heard of it happening before lol.

Indeed I have not heard a single person even rumor about getting them at 10s. If this is the case and no change has been made, then great!

in Fractured

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

This sounds like an excellent opportunity to earn some community goodwill by gifting high lvled fractal players a few perfect transmutation stones as compensation. :P

in Fractured

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Great :-)

in Fractured

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Are existing untransmuted fractal weapons going to be NPC-tradable to their skin version?

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Quon Star.4678

Quon Star.4678

Are they account bound still?

in Fractured

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

That is a beautiful spoiler. Wish the container thing happened long time ago >.< I farmed so much for that dagger and kept getting stuff I don’t use, like the mace rotting in my bank

These will be convertable to pvp too I hope. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Fractured

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Fractal Weapons RNG were probably based on “One man’s junk is another man’s gold,” I only have 2 fractal longbows which I don’t need and rarely use, but I read somewhere that a person was farming level 48 fractals for 7 months to get the fractal longbow…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

in Fractured

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

I have 3 fractal weapons that have not been used yet. Can we do something like we did with the axes, picks, and sickles (change from soulbound to account bound)? Basically take them to an NPC and have them change them from a weapon to a skin?

in Fractured

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Fractal Weapons RNG were probably based on “One man’s junk is another man’s gold,” I only have 2 fractal longbows which I don’t need and rarely use, but I read somewhere that a person was farming level 48 fractals for 7 months to get the fractal longbow…

Yes, I have 3 Shortbows, 3 Longbows and 2 Axes that sit there mocking my Guardian.

Then I hear people complain “great! another Staff/Sword/Shield/etc”

Awesome! let’s make a trade – oh wait

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Spoiler: if you worked hard for lvl 80 daily you got a fractal Skin each run we did or at least an infused ring. The only Change they made is resetting ppl to Level 30 so they don’t get the Skins they deserved and another Spoiler for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_igZIivu3E
things bug out if ppl go higher than Level 80 hp bugs in icy fractal ect..

and to sum it up a question: Will the cap of fractals still be 80?

First Thing I wanted to do when I’m in the update is if I can finally open 81 from the Portal but I can’t do it now anymore it seems.

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: LouDiamond.5831

LouDiamond.5831

pretty simple way to address existing items – allow them to be exchanged at a merchant. Similar to what you just did with soulbound gathering tools….

[SOL] Solari
[JQ] Jade Quarry

in Fractured

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I did 250 Fractals and then got burnt out n gave up. Was trying to get the dagger~ got Longbow, Scepter and Mace.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Fractured

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There was always “a rare chance” to get Final Rest from the Shadow Behemoth – it just never happened in the lifetime of the game until the fix that made them fairly common.

No one has ever reported getting fractal weapons to my knowledge from sub-20s play. Either that chance was insignificant or the table was broken.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Fractured

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

No matter how infrequent the drop rate is, this container option is the best change to Fractals since it was introduced. Awesome.

Will the containers be stackable so we can store them in the bank until a character needs the skin?

in Fractured

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

So no updated way in which to acquire a specific skin? Great I guess I’ll need to grind another 200 dailies to not get the skin I want.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara