Thaumanova reactor a wasted opportunity

in Fractured

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

We waited 4 months for this and what we got is sadly underwhelming. This is the fractal and the story which the developers had claimed to be at par with the Fall of Abaddon?

I just can’t see how this fractal is interesting in any level. The story is bad, once again we get more boring badly written Trahearne 2.0 aka Scarlet and no dragons. The whole level design isn’t compelling or amazing at all.

What makes it even worse is that we were told this fractal was worth it and that it would surprise. This is sad and a lost opportunity for us to see more about the dragons and be surprised in a positive way by Anet.

This is a let down, as soon as I finished the story fractal I turned off the PC and I don’t know when I’ll feel compelled to try it again, it is just a materialization of the bad parts of the LS all condensed in one update, without even mentioning the re-skinned cultural armor.

:(

in Fractured

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This is the fractal and the story which the developers had claimed to be at par with the Fall of Abaddon?

Its story is comparable with the story of the Fall of Abaddon …once you realize Scarlet caused his fall.

in Fractured

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

I’m inclined to agree. I voted for Kiel and have been defending the choice of this fractal for a while… so it’s a special letdown for me.

First, there’s the bugs. When I did it story mode, we didn’t even finish most of the objectives (did not get to rescue people from the dormitory, and did not get to do cooling rods part) because Scarlet spawned in super early. I guess she couldn’t wait to tell us how even this was all part of her master plan.

Second, there’s the fact that it’s Scarlet. Again. Come on, Anet, this is backstory to GW2. Why does everything have to be Scarlet? Why couldn’t it just be the Inquest being baddies? This was incredibly disappointing. Everything in this entire game is apparently Scarlet. I bet she gave birth to Zhaitan too? Or raised him as a pet?

Third, there’s the final boss. The mechanics are pretty unclear. When I saw a little bomb above my head with the exact same icon as Southsun Survival, I assumed it was “dodge to get it off.” It wasn’t. I’m still not sure what that icon means, since it has no associated condition or debuff with a tooltip I can read. I think it might have something to do with the platforms disappearing. Don’t get me wrong, this boss is easy – it’s just lame. Not to mention the fact that it’s a weird cross between Tron and the Mass Effect star child.

Fourth, we learn nothing about the reactor explosion (wasn’t that the whole point of that fractal?) other than OMG IT WAS SCARLET. I thought we were going to zone in before the explosion and participate in the events leading up to it? There’s no “story” to it; just a mildly interesting ooze boss and Scarlet cackling. This is supposed Living “story”, no?

Don’t get me wrong… I otherwise appreciate the update. I’m interested in fractals again for the first time in months, and my first 30 run today yielded me a Fractal Dagger after uncountable runs with no weapon drop, so that was cool. I’m also loving the fact that the agony infusions are sellable on TP, because it means I can abuse the rich people who want to rush through fractals instead of waiting until those ultra-common things are down to 1-5s or so.

However, that doesn’t make the “story” of this fractal any better. It’s lackluster, just like all other LS updates.

in Fractured

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

This is the fractal and the story which the developers had claimed to be at par with the Fall of Abaddon?

Its story is comparable with the story of the Fall of Abaddon …once you realize Scarlet caused his fall.

Lol yeah when my group complained that we should’ve picked Evon, I said “nah, then they just would’ve ruined that story with Scarlet too. You should be glad we picked this.”

in Fractured

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s a fractal so what do you expect? You’re not going to have some deep story in these.

in Fractured

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

We waited 4 months for this and what we got is sadly underwhelming. This is the fractal and the story which the developers had claimed to be at par with the Fall of Abaddon?

I just can’t see how this fractal is interesting in any level. The story is bad, once again we get more boring badly written Trahearne 2.0 aka Scarlet and no dragons. The whole level design isn’t compelling or amazing at all.

What makes it even worse is that we were told this fractal was worth it and that it would surprise. This is sad and a lost opportunity for us to see more about the dragons and be surprised in a positive way by Anet.

This is a let down, as soon as I finished the story fractal I turned off the PC and I don’t know when I’ll feel compelled to try it again, it is just a materialization of the bad parts of the LS all condensed in one update, without even mentioning the re-skinned cultural armor.

I tried to warn you that dragons would not be involved at all, at most a mention in the dialogue as “dragon minions” or “dragon energy”, and that it would be an Inquest focused fractal, but Kiel supporters had their heads in the sand.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Fractured

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

I tried to warn you that dragons would not be involved at all, at most a mention in the dialogue as “dragon minions” or “dragon energy”, and that it would be an Inquest focused fractal, but Kiel supporters had their heads in the sand.

And you think that Abaddon fall wouldnt be caused by Scarlet, huh?

Lets face the fact here, Abaddon fractal would be the same as Reactor when Anet would be done whit it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

And you think that Abaddon fall wouldnt be caused by Scarlet, huh?

Lets face the fact here, Abaddon fractal would be the same as Reactor when Anet would be done whit it.

Abbadon’s fall was over 1300 years ago.

Sylvari did not exist.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Fractured

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Maybe not, but Scarlet would probably use her Tardis in order to bring the One Ring to Alderaan to confer with her underling: Capt Picard. With this mighty power in hand, she pilots the Enterprise-SCARLET-D into the very mouth of Hell to steal Queen Tahkisis hold over the land of Death. This renders her immune to Abaddons skills and he promptly is banished back to Narnia, which is a special built closet-prison she made with the help of her trusted lieutenant, Iron Man.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Fractured

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

Abbadon’s fall was over 1300 years ago.

Sylvari did not exist.

That’s just how amazing Scarlet is. Didn’t ya know?

Silly, silly child. HAHAHA TEDEDEDEDE.

in Fractured

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

Maybe not, but Scarlet would probably use her Tardis in order to bring the One Ring to Alderaan to confer with her underling: Capt Picard. With this mighty power in hand, she pilots the Enterprise-SCARLET-D into the very mouth of Hell to steal Queen Tahkisis hold over the land of Death. This renders her immune to Abaddons skills and he promptly is banished back to Narnia, which is a special built closet-prison she made with the help of her trusted lieutenant, Iron Man.

This post is accurate.

At this point I almost don’t want to see what happens in cantha or elona because there’s a 99% chance it’ll get trahern’d or scarletted.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Thaumanova reactor was not interesting

But the story of Kesse the asura, girl on in the entrance of fotm, which was linked with Thaumanova reactor is interesting. if you see what happened at the end of the story mode. kesse said that she couldnt leave the place even if she want to.

Kesse seems like to be stack in some kind of time loop or maybe the fotm entrance itself is a fotm, kesse, her crew and the island might have been an event in the past and that they are already died long ago, that explain why when kesse leave the place, she teleported back to it and have her memory reset.
story after this might be something interesting.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in Fractured

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

It’s Dessa. But yes..even that weird happening with Dessa at the end was more interesting than anything that happened in the Thaumanova Fractal.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

It’s Dessa. But yes..even that weird happening with Dessa at the end was more interesting than anything that happened in the Thaumanova Fractal.

Yea, Dessa, couldnt remember her name lol.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748