Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Moderator)

Veteran player, very frustrated.

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I give up trying to please the kittens of the forums

You work with the idea that fractals are like dungeons. But fractals are very heavily RNG based dungeons, each time you start a new fractal you play roulette. Without knowing what will happen, how you’ll play and what you’ll fight.

Leaderboards would be a great idea for actual dungeons. Because they’re always the same. There’s no surprise factor, no RNG factor that would surprisingly change the way you play.

Once you go in a dungeon, you have a rough estimate of how long it’ll take depending on a group you have.When you start fractals you can spend anything from 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on your party’s setup, your party’s experience, and what fractals (and which versions you get).

Unless they make them all a set version of each fractals, I don’t see how timing leaderboard would work. Which I hope they won’t do that because that’s what makes fractals what they are.

in Fractured

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

Explain what has changed for you now? You have to run some new content with mistlock instability instead of grinding the same thing over and over? YOU STILL GOT TO 81, GRATZ TO YOU.

What this sounds like is that the “hardcore” crowd in this game are a bunch of cry babies.

What has changed is Anet is planning to remove the current by far most challenging pve content. They are replacing it with content that has no guarantees what so ever to be on the same level and at the very least will require time investment once again, while throwing away the past work, to reach the same challenge if that is even possible in the first place since making level 31 continue from where level 80 ends won’t be happening.

They had the possibility of implementing new content without reset but they chose not to for no apparent reason. What would have been the problem with adding new fractals and opening higher level maw chests for players whenever Anet feels like it, I think that’s all most of the people wanted and expected? Want to throw in some instabilities? You have all the levels above 50 to work with or you can even add them from level 1 on and I doubt people would complain, no reset needed. Leaderboards? For something like fractals that’s the most random kitten ever and still could be implemented without personal level reset.

in Fractured

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I’m not a veteran fractal player but I agree with the OP, they should give them something; a title, item, gold. Taking something away without rewarding their efforts is a bit rough.

I agree with the OP too, and therefore disagree with this post. High-level Fractal players don’t need a title, item or gold; they need to have their level — which they have earned left the heck alone.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Fractured

Posted by: Cyclonite.5786

Cyclonite.5786

Any player who has 31+ personal reward level as of the new Fractals announcement should receive a special FOTM title. Anything less is a slap in a face and disrespectful to the Veterans who put in their time.

in Fractured

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

they’re being reset to 30 because after 30 there is a new mechanic
Mistlock instabilities.

So you want to start at lvl 49 and just skip 18 level’s with the new mistlock instabilities that everyone else will have to do if they want to reach lvl 49?

You guys did the higher levels of the OLD fractals
the higher levels of the NEW fractals are DIFFERENT.

I seem to be the only one that doesn’t care that i’m being reset back to 30 or begging in every forum for 250 ectos back for my shiny backpiece.

in Fractured

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

snip

1. Progression in other mmorpgs is up in the air. At any point you could have max gear however a new expansion, patch, or content release could make that obsolete so then you would have to grind to get the best gear in the game again. Should these people be compensated? Dec 10 balance patch. People will have to change their builds. What if their current equipment isn’t that good post Dec 10 patch and they have to spend more money on ascended gear because their old ones wouldn’t work in new viable builds post patch? Should they be compensated because surely ArenaNet changed things that force them to grind for another set of ascended gear? MMR reset in various other games including sPvP solo queue in gw2. Maybe people worked really hard to get their MMR at a certain so that they can have competitive matches. A reset would mean that people who are skilled will face people who aren’t good at the game and this may frustrate them. Should sPvP players be compensated as well?

2. AR pre patch = AR post patch. People should read around before going on to claim x is true when it isn’t. A dev has already said if you have 55 AR now, post patch you will still have 55 AR. Infused items will have 2 infusion slots (1 offensive/defensive and the other a dedicated Agony infusion slot). So your +5 from being infused will go in one of these slots. The other will fill the other slot. Potentially you can go above 55 AR post patch because you can say get x2 +10AR on each slot giving you +20AR on say an infused ring or back piece.

3. Fractals above level 30 will have new mechanics which people never seem to grasp in these threads. Nobody knows how difficult it will make anything above 30 now. To say it will be super easy before the patch is out is just silly. You want harder content? You want higher skill to be rewarded? Do you want just level 84 mobs with stupid damage and hp or do you want more meaningful mechanics? This may be it nobody knows for sure.

4. As for statistics and achievements that people say they have earned. Where are they? Name 50 individuals at Fractal 80 then name 50 at Fractal 70 then at Fractal 60 and so on. You really can’t and there is no place with this information. The only way you would know is if you are friends with the person, in the same guild, and such. As of today it is just a number on the top right when you are in fractals. Leaderboards will change that. The question is if Fractals above level 30 are changing and there are new mechanics. Is someone who is level 80 entitled to be #1 on the leaderboards at max Fractal level when he/she hasn’t even done the new 30+? If the person then finishes Fractal level say 38 will he/she be entitled to #1 on the leaderboards now at fractal level 80 since they completed a fractal with the new mechanics? How about 40s versus 30s since 40s with the new mechanic will be more difficult. Then is the person entitled to #1? How about 50s? How about 60s? How does anyone make that determination without a reset? Is the technology available to do something like this and account for this leaderboard progression?

Then there is the question of how someone got to level 80 in the first place. Were they the first group of people who got to fractal 80? Did they have a friend who did odd number fractals with them to progress that high? Did they do it before the agony changes on Jade Maw? Have they done fractals recently? How they acquired the level is important because anyone who does Fractals want their fractal level to be significant and legitimate. Nobody wants Fractal levels to be viewed like sPvP level where it is viewed as nothing really. For people who do not know, people exploited certain things in the game to acquire a high sPvP level. So someone can be say at level 50-60 but played very little sPvP. I’m sure nobody wants that. So a reset makes sense if ArenaNet had these questions in mind. Now are there better solutions? Maybe but certainly nobody here is coming up with good ideas.

My suggestion for ArenaNet on another thread is to have a “leaderboard level” . Say that starts at 30. You have to do 30 in order to progress to 31 on the leaderboard. At 31 you would have to do 31 before you can progress on. Your personal level would remain the same so you can do say fractal 49 to get the daily reward but that would not progress your standing on the leaderboards. This can be a solution granted the technology is in place to do this.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

Mistlock instabilities.

So you want to start at lvl 49 and just skip 18 level’s with the new mistlock instabilities that everyone else will have to do if they want to reach lvl 49?

I seem to be the only one that doesn’t care that i’m being reset back to 30 or begging in every forum for 250 ectos back for my shiny backpiece.

So you’re saying if thy implemented new mechanics to level 1, we would all be dropped to level 1? Why not raise the cap and put the new mechanics to 50+ since those were not supposed to be accessible.

in Fractured

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

Mistlock instabilities.

So you’re saying if thy implemented new mechanics to level 1, we would all be dropped to level 1? Why not raise the cap and put the new mechanics to 50+ since those were not supposed to be accessible.

If instabilities started at level 1, they should reset everyoen to level 1.

Though i Agree they should have started at lvl 50

in Fractured

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Then people at fractal level 80 will still complain that they are reset 30 levels down to level 50. Level people won’t complain because supposedly it doesn’t affect them. Then fractal level 80 will complain that they are being punished and that most people in gw2 do not care about them and that they are entitled to some form of compensation. Now if you put the reset at level 60 the same thing will happen. Not everyone will be pleased with changes either way unless it is the same as before. And certainly games are constantly changing.

The truth is that the combined introduction of the leaderboard and the new mechanics at 30+ is the reason behind the reset to level 30. They could add new stuff and reset it at level 1. But fractals were designed so that 1-9 is the basic with no Agony. 10-19 is the introduction of Agony with differences in some fractals. 20-29 is still the same in terms of mechanics like 10-19 but just higher agony damage and stronger mobs. 30-39 will be the new mistlock mechanics. 40-49 will still be the same mechanics but everything will be stronger and more powerful like 20-29 in relation to 10-19. I’m sure a reset might happen at 50 if the hard cap isn’t cap post patch since I’m sure they’ll introduce a new mechanic for 50+ in the future.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

snip

1. Progression in other mmorpgs is up in the air. At any point you could have max gear however a new expansion, patch, or content release could make that obsolete so then you would have to grind to get the best gear in the game again. Should these people be compensated? Dec 10 balance patch. People will have to change their builds. What if their current equipment isn’t that good post Dec 10 patch and they have to spend more money on ascended gear because their old ones wouldn’t work in new viable builds post patch? Should they be compensated because surely ArenaNet changed things that force them to grind for another set of ascended gear? MMR reset in various other games including sPvP solo queue in gw2. Maybe people worked really hard to get their MMR at a certain so that they can have competitive matches. A reset would mean that people who are skilled will face people who aren’t good at the game and this may frustrate them. Should sPvP players be compensated as well?

Would their gear get removed? No.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Any player who has 31+ personal reward level as of the new Fractals announcement should receive a special FOTM title. Anything less is a slap in a face and disrespectful to the Veterans who put in their time.

I made this suggestion in another thread. I think a “Fractals Pioneer” exclusive title would be a good way to acknowledge the players who made it past level 30.

I don’t know if players who made it past level 50 should get another different title though, since ANet’s locking of progress past 50 clearly states that it was “unintended” for players to go higher than that.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zelu.1692

Zelu.1692

(…)

New content should not come from undoing the achievements of players and making them redo something for no legitimate reason. I have never in my ten years of playing mmorpgs seen something as disgraceful as a “content patch” specifically designed to punish the high skill players such as this.

I understand the feeling, Snoctopus. And I hate it when MMOs nerf the achievements of “early adopters” or make it so ridiculously easy for late comers to catch up with players who invested time and energy from the beginning. so you have my full support with this. A better solution could have been found.

E.g. roll back everyone to 50 (for those who went above while it was possible) and introduce the competition and new mechanics at level 50+ (same Agony but new tacts).

+1

Zel

PS: Still have a bitter taste of all the boosts and easy catching up options offered to players working on their Legendary in Mists of Pandaria (WoW). I played from the first hour of the expansion and had it hard to collect all those Sigils and Stones through doing actual progression raiding. Now LFR kiddies get those handed out so they can also get their orange cloak before WoD… Grrr!

Zel Silverleaf – 80 Guardian
Zelyahine – 80 Ranger
Victory is Life Eternal [VILE] – Desolation

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

The issue is worse…

We have a difficult istance with the LOWEST rewards in game.

People plays it anyway, the only rewards they get are rare skin maybe….while remaining FAR BEHIND most farmers. (you most commonly exit a fotm 48 with 50 silver and no tokens you can convert to gold)

After 1 year they decide to ruin everything that those player have despite they got behind in gold due to playing a high skill low reward game….

So fotm player remain BEHIND any other…..

If anet was fair they would think a way to somehow tutelate at least the few things fotm player got…

It would be extremely easy…we are talking of an ENTIRE year progression…not a couple of hours…..

At least slightly change old (or new) fotm skins and give some titles…..or remove shards of essence from the loottable and put an NPC trading meaningfulll stuff for that (i.e. not www runes: players who likes to craft/trade are different from players who like to play fotms).

Still no feedback from devs and the few we have are against any idea of compensation.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

Then people at fractal level 80 will still complain that they are reset 30 levels down to level 50. Level people won’t complain because supposedly it doesn’t affect them. Then fractal level 80 will complain that they are being punished and that most people in gw2 do not care about them and that they are entitled to some form of compensation. Now if you put the reset at level 60 the same thing will happen. Not everyone will be pleased with changes either way unless it is the same as before. And certainly games are constantly changing.

Let them complain then. It was stated clearly by Anet that lvl 50 is the cap. Getting to 80 was not intended, and all the people that got past 50 knew perfectly well what they’re doing. But why punish players that played by the rules?

They practically said:
“Here’s a new content. Play as you like. You can get to level 50. anc each character will have it’s own progression. Have fun.”

A year later:
“Psych! It’s actually level 30! Oh you went past it? Well… That’s too bad. We’re resetting your progress to 30. Our bad for not telling you earlier. Wait, you mean you did it on multiple characters? Wow. Well… Most people didn’t, so not like majority will make a big fuss about it. Too bad kid. You’re in minority.”

(edited by Romo.3709)

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

i’m @ level 50 fracs and don’t mind anet reset back to level 30 just to fixed anyone level 51+ exploited

I’m 81

So you got to 80 through easier version of game anet decided 80 was to easy to get to so they made it impossible to get pass 50 cant rez at maul and maul one hits you. Is what you did really and accomplishment. And not just at maul you telling me you didn’t get to 80 during Mossman under bridge glitch and in tree glitch. ice stand in corner or cliff hammer. Harpy skip to last boss. Not dissing there amazing accomplishment though. Idea that fotm is same as it first came out is a joke

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I don’t play fractals at all. I hate them, but I want to remind everyone here that in Anet’s eyes, yer all nothing but a vocal minority. Nothing will change unless you quit playing the game, which is not likely to happen.

Have fun in the “new” the fractals.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

I don’t play fractals at all. I hate them, but I want to remind everyone here that in Anet’s eyes, yer all nothing but a vocal minority. Nothing will change unless you quit playing the game, which is not likely to happen.

However we are the minority that care most about this update so id think anet will care what we think. Also this is the end game of pve so we care about it quite a bit. Not to mention it is an interesting living story arc which has Ratasum being destroyed.

(edited by Fafnir.5124)

in Fractured

Romo.3709

However we are the minority that care most about this update so id think anet will care what we think. Also this is the end game of pve so we care about it quite a bit. Not to mention it is an interesting living story arc which has Ratasum being destroyed.

Sadly, as much as I’d hate to admit it, Herrder is right… We are the minority. We are people that care the most about fractals, but it doesn’t matter to Anet if by ditching us (again), they can bring some more people into fractals.

I’ve had some faith that speaking our minds in forum might change or affect something. That we can show how much fractals really meant to us. But it surely seem like a hopeless cause…

If you look at the devs responses in the forum about the matter, you’ll notice that they’ve yet to respond to any of our concerns or complains. They strictly circulate around answering questions to things such as skins, the trailer and agony system that’s being implemented. Their mind been made up the second they put out the release page with info on it and they already made the whole update. For them to change it now or implement changes withing next 4-5 days is just a waste of effort.

For us, a minority that wasted so much time in fractals to get where we are today, to get where we will be for the next few days untill we’ll be stripped of our ranks and achievements, to actually make a difference is really just a dream or a memory that never came to be. Almost like a Mist in itself. Irony in that, huh?

Regardless we are proud fractal community. Some of us will most likely play a lot less of fractals now, since what used to be our playground, our backyard is now being commercialized into something unrecognizable…

In the name of all players that are actually eager now to try fractals either for the first time or try them again after a bad experience in the past, thank you Anet. In the name of those of us that are being stripped down… There really isn’t much to say. Hang tight…

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

As a Veteran player I’m confident I can get my levels back so I honestly don’t care and am happy with the increased rewards.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

As a Veteran player I’m confident I can get my levels back so I honestly don’t care and am happy with the increased rewards.

That doesn’t make it right to take it away from you nor anybody else.

in Fractured

Fafnir.5124

Levels aren’t equivalent 80 of old fotm doesn’t equal 80 of new one nullifies argument. It can be considered that they are deleting old dungeon and adding a new one. Also the way AR is being reworked 5=1 you won’t be able to run 30s initially anyway. There will now be garneted final boss fights which I think most people of the 80 persuasion are jaded against.

in Fractured

Posted by: heyoldguy.2578

heyoldguy.2578

I feel sorry for the very few players that have “wasted” all their efforts on a design that has changed—I really do. But not for what they have lost, because what they have lost is imaginary; it’s in a game, yet it is still so upsetting for them to have lost it. Spending “several thousands in gems” to attain imaginary things is the only thing A-Net should consider compensating for—and only if the gems were obtained with actual cash. The rest of the problem can best be summed up by the signatures of lightning and Romo.

in Fractured

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I feel sorry for the very few players that have “wasted” all their efforts on a design that has changed—I really do. But not for what they have lost, because what they have lost is imaginary; it’s in a game, yet it is still so upsetting for them to have lost it. Spending “several thousands in gems” to attain imaginary things is the only thing A-Net should consider compensating for—and only if the gems were obtained with actual cash. The rest of the problem can best be summed up by the signatures of lightning and Romo.

The thing is, it’s time spent, so people being frustrated by this set back is very valid.

in Fractured

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It’s the Super Adventure Box all over again.

It would have been enough to just add the new fractals…

…but no, Anet wants to do something ‘great’…adding leaderboards and new agony resist mechanics nobody asked for. And of course mistreating a group of players that are actually fractal fans in the process.

What’s wrong with just taking a good thing and expanding it? Why does it always have to ‘be improved’?

ArenaNet, we don’t want your junk. Just give us the new fractals and change nothing, and we’ll be much happier.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Fractured

A Massive Headache.1879

It’s the Super Adventure Box all over again.

It would have been enough to just add the new fractals…

…but no, Anet wants to do something ‘great’…adding leaderboards and new agony resist mechanics nobody asked for. And of course mistreating a group of players that are actually fractal fans in the process.

What’s wrong with just taking a good thing and expanding it? Why does it always have to ‘be improved’?

ArenaNet, we don’t want your junk. Just give us the new fractals and change nothing, and we’ll be much happier.

I don’t understand the comparison, as I only played tribulation mode. However, the instabilities sounds like it’d be a nice touch actually, only thing I’m unhappy with is the resetting, but then again, that’s not really my issue.

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Levels aren’t equivalent 80 of old fotm doesn’t equal 80 of new one nullifies argument. It can be considered that they are deleting old dungeon and adding a new one. Also the way AR is being reworked 5=1 you won’t be able to run 30s initially anyway. There will now be garneted final boss fights which I think most people of the 80 persuasion are jaded against.

what Level are you if I may ask?

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: drowze.3709

drowze.3709

I’m only lvl 30+ on only 2 characters, so I won’t be affected much. But I obviously would be very frustrated as well if I were 48+ (let alone 80). I honestly don’t see a legitimate reason for a rollback.

Maybe it’s a dumb question (and if it is, do excuse me), but can anyone tell me why fractal leaderboards are a good idea?

in Fractured

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Let’s suppose that 30+ players were told the fractal magitech was broken on high levels but new stable branches could be created from level 31. If you went down the branch at 31 your old rating would be wiped for the old path. If you didn’t enter a new fractal you would keep your old level however. Would anyone choose never to play fractals again and keep the old rating, or would everyone decide to play at 31?

Essentially is playing fractals important or is the number important?

in Fractured

A Massive Headache.1879

Let’s suppose that 30+ players were told the fractal magitech was broken on high levels but new stable branches could be created from level 31. If you went down the branch at 31 your old rating would be wiped for the old path. If you didn’t enter a new fractal you would keep your old level however. Would anyone choose never to play fractals again and keep the old rating, or would everyone decide to play at 31?

Essentially is playing fractals important or is the number important?

Fractals are important but how good does it feel to have a couple of hundreds of hours of yours to turn out to be showles?

in Fractured

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“Fractals are important but how good does it feel to have a couple of hundreds of hours of yours to turn out to be showles?”

Time spent is important. I’m not going to say it isn’t important. However, given the choice, would you choose to justify your previous gaming time and keep level 80 or would you choose to play new fractals with a new level of 31?

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

And why can’t we start new fractals AND also get compensated for our loss? It’s clear we have to make some kind of sacrifice but if developers cared they would give something in return.

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

Main issue in few words:

What we are losing updated:

I trasmutated my ascended weapons in fractal skins being rare.
Now if they become easy to obtain i’d like to have at least ascended skin…

To get those i need 3500 gems for splitters OR 10 new ascended..
After that i lose 60 fractal skins….and 1 year of awful drops….

I wonder what would you say if you lost as much…..i doubt you would say “hey other player are getting easy stuff! i m happy….”

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Main issue in few words:

I wonder what would you say if you lost as much…..i doubt you would say “hey other player are getting easy stuff! i m happy….”

the dev says he didnt change fractal skin drop rate, most of you guys dont seem to believe him though

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Skin-acquirement-needs-to-stay-hard/3228323

(edited by phys.7689)

in Fractured

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think the OP should reserve judgement till he sees what Fractals is actually like at level 30 now, before claiming that he and others have “the right to keep their level 30 fractal level”.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Main issue in few words:

the dev says he didnt change fractal skin drop rate, most of you guys dont seem to believe him though

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Skin-acquirement-needs-to-stay-hard/3228323

a dev once told the Levels are infinite still I really cant port into Level 81 it just doesn’t work… should we believe the dev or the Players evidence gathered over hundereds hours of playing?

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I think the OP should reserve judgement till he sees what Fractals is actually like at level 30 now, before claiming that he and others have “the right to keep their level 30 fractal level”.

sooo we just say hey anet take our stuff reset everything to 40% take our Gold and stuff just reset it and than I wait and see how awesome this update is?…. nooo I really was looking Forward a year for this update and it might be good but there’s no reason to take my hard work for me only because they do a fractal? they litteraly reduced my work to 40% if you consder that the “harder” part starts on higher Level Level 1-30 are maybe worth about 10%…. so yeah.. it’s no reason to wait when we already know what they are about to do

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

He didn t say that ..

He said there was a chance to drop skins at level 10..

Now his statement got quick popular amongst reddit, and other gw2 sites since NOBODY ever have been heard to drop a fotm weapon on 10-19.

This is just a second “final rest”…….clearly…and despite a mistake should be tolerated, the lack of feedback mines devs statement credibility.

Its at least the 3rd time we get incorrect data about fractal loot.

GW2 balance:

in Fractured

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

sooo we just say hey anet take our stuff reset everything to 40% take our Gold and stuff just reset it and than I wait and see how awesome this update is?…. nooo I really was looking Forward a year for this update and it might be good but there’s no reason to take my hard work for me only because they do a fractal? they litteraly reduced my work to 40% if you consder that the “harder” part starts on higher Level Level 1-30 are maybe worth about 10%…. so yeah.. it’s no reason to wait when we already know what they are about to do

All they are doing is lowering your Fractal level. Which means you need to gain those levels again. Why is that such a big issue? Fractals are getting harder now, starting at level 30. Would it be fair to leave people at Fractal level 49, when they didn’t actually complete any of the challenges at level 30-48? Would that be fair to players below level 30?

I honestly don’t see the big deal. So what if you grinded your way to level 49? You got your high level loot and rewards, and no one is taking those from you, and you didn’t really have to work for it. And starting with this update, you will have to actually work for it.

Both of the new boss type Fractals have been re-balanced and tuned to be more consistent with the other Fractals. The fight is indeed easier—at level 1. The original difficulty and more can be found a higher scales.

So you’re getting 2 new bosses and a much higher difficulty. Seems entirely reasonable that everyone’s fractal level gets reset to 30, if they didn’t actually beat these bosses and challenges at those levels.

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Do you honestly think that the new scale 30 will be harder than the old scale 79?

Yep, that’s what I thought.

in Fractured

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Do you honestly think that the new scale 30 will be harder than the old scale 79?

If you haven’t actually played the new Fractals at level 30+, and experienced the new challenges that have been added, how can you already judge it?

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

All they are doing is lowering your Fractal level. Which means you need to gain those levels again. Why is that such a big issue? Fractals are getting harder now, starting at level 30. Would it be fair to leave people at Fractal level 49, when they didn’t actually complete any of the challenges at level 30-48? Would that be fair to players below level 30?

I honestly don’t see the big deal. So what if you grinded your way to level 49? You got your high level loot and rewards, and no one is taking those from you, and you didn’t really have to work for it. And starting with this update, you will have to actually work for it.

Both of the new boss type Fractals have been re-balanced and tuned to be more consistent with the other Fractals. The fight is indeed easier—at level 1. The original difficulty and more can be found a higher scales.

So you’re getting 2 new bosses and a much higher difficulty. Seems entirely reasonable that everyone’s fractal level gets reset to 30, if they didn’t actually beat these bosses and challenges at those levels.

I’m 81 I got These fair they Need to make up for the time I invested getting this… it took me about 2months of hardwork to get there If I went for legendaries i would have around 3 in that time or many other things that they don’t take away the game experience wasn’t good enough to make up for it. I did not make any Money with rewards this was pre january patch before rewards were update I could swear they had a mistake in they’re code making you have less Drops in higher Level as for me I did end up with better loot 1-35 together than 35-80 together

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

If you haven’t actually played the new Fractals at level 30+, and experienced the new challenges that have been added, how can you already judge it?

and if you haven’t played scale 79 you can’t tell either… thats not the Point the best Anet can do is reduce dmg and easiest way is probably a title each 10 Levels… so getting to 40, 50 , 60 , 70 , 80 … like: experienced fractal Player, Veteran of the fractals, Agony resistance whats that?, I’m forced to farm Dredge for an hour , fractal legend… and I would like my sepcial title WooooW anet really listens to community?

it would be so easy for a dev to come here say hey we’re working on it we make title / Special Skins for each 10 Levels whatever… it is not that hard to do it would compensate me with somthing that was as unique or almost as unique as my fractal scale… it doesn’t harm other Players .. it does remind me of the work I’ve done… you could even make it character instead of accountbound for twinks… and on top of that all ppl together have several 1000’s of game hours that at least get recognized by anet

(BTW they did this unique one time titles in pvp with QP’s they can do it )

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Because over 99% of the playerbase would get destroyed on current scale 79 and come scream on forums.

And I doubt the new scale 49 will be harder than the current scale 79. There is no point that we have to prove ourselves in easier content. But I will gladly be wrong.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

And I doubt the new scale 49 will be harder than the current scale 79. There is no point that we have to prove ourselves in easier content. But I will gladly be wrong.

Fractals were never meant to be played at such absurd levels.

Here is a fair comparison: Compare the new fractal level 50 to the current fractal level 50. I would love to hear people tell me that it’s easier to do the new level 50 than it is now. We’ll see when it comes out. But I can already hear the heartbreak of it being far more difficult than it is now. Just heed my words.

Developers never prevented us from playing scale over 50, even after numerous tweaks to it. Either they are extremely incompetent or they allowed us to play there.

I have 80 unlocked so I don’t understand why should I use a low scale like 50 for comparison. Should we also compared old scale 10 to new scale 50? Makes no sense.

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

it’s not my main language and I’m not good with punctuation. what are you talking about..? I are telling you how ppl progressed when fractals CAME OUT. there were nooo ppl ever that were higher we we’re the highest. you all needed the same Level in order to Progress you couldn’t join a Group that is higher and go with them this was BEFORE january patch. You survived agony at 60 with a good groupplay playing nec deathshroud, ele rez, and Guardian healing books with full on healpower set the nec could survive and rez / do maw. your Argument is only true for ppl AFTER january patch. But I reached my Level 81 BEFORE january patch. And therefor it is 81 I have BEATEN Maw at 80.

first scale 81 fractals

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

I have 80 unlocked so I don’t understand why should I use a low scale like 50 for comparison. Should we also compared old scale 10 to new scale 50? Makes no sense.

You should compare old scale level 30 to new scale level 30, and old scale level 50 to new scale level 50.

The reason that your fractal level is being reset, is because while your fractal level might be 50+ now, you didn’t actually play fractal level 50.

It would be like holding on to an Olympic medal, after winning it at the special Olympics. You didn’t reach that fractal level by going through the same trials and challenges that <30 players have to go through.

Better example would be that I win Olympics (or whatever) at 100m sprint. And then I have to prove my worth by competing against average people at 200m sprint. Sure, they are different but everybody knows I’m going to win which makes it pointless. All I’m asking is that I can try 200m at Olympics (or whatever) level and see how I do.

And by your logic at any point they can remove your legendaries, PvP ranks, gold, levels and so on by changing the system, without any compensation. If I were you I would seriously consider whether you want to put effort on a game like that.

in Fractured

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Better example would be that I win Olympics (or whatever) at 100m sprint. And then I have to prove my worth by competing against average people at 200m sprint. Sure, they are different but everybody knows I’m going to win which makes it pointless. All I’m asking is that I can try 200m at Olympics (or whatever) level and see how I do.

And by your logic at any point they can remove your legendaries, PvP ranks, gold, levels and so on by changing the system, without any compensation. If I were you I would seriously consider whether you want to put effort on a game like that.

You’re not losing any actual items with this update. You are just losing your current Fractal level, and not even entirely. It gets set to 30.

My point is that with the new change to fractals, playing fractal level 30+ will be a lot harder, and will probably be a much bigger accomplishment. You have to deal with actual new obstacles/challenges, and not just stronger enemies and harder hitting agony (at least that is what the dev posts seem to suggest). How it is fair to be fractal level 80, when after this update fractal level 80 might mean you have to fight entirely different bosses, and deal with much harder content?

Anyway, I’m not taking part in this discussion any further.

(edited by Moderator)

in Fractured

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

All we are saying, Malafide, is that they could have implemented the new bosses, mechanics from 51 or even 81 without resetting everybody to 30. They didn’t, we strongly disagree with that choice.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

You’re not losing any actual items with this update. You are just losing your current Fractal level, and not even entirely. It gets set to 30.

My point is that with the new change to fractals, playing fractal level 30+ will be a lot harder, and will probably be a much bigger accomplishment. You have to deal with actual new obstacles/challenges, and not just stronger enemies and harder hitting agony (at least that is what the dev posts seem to suggest). How it is fair to be fractal level 80, when after this update fractal level 80 might mean you have to fight entirely different bosses, and deal with much harder content?

Anyway, I’m not taking part in this discussion any further.

Losing items is a bad thing because you needed time and effort to acquire them. Thus losing items means you lost time and effort. Similarly I’m going to lose time and effort.

You haven’t played scale 79 (what about 48?) so you are even more clueless to talk about difficulty than I am. Based on rumors/little bits of information and my experience on scale 79 I can quite safely say that new scale 30-40 will be easier than current scale 79. I have also heard that they will open up scale 50+ at some point which suggests that even new scale 40-50 will be easier than current scale 79.

(edited by Moderator)