fractals leaderboards are a joke

in Fractured

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

You’re not the target audience.

Who IS the target audience ?
Casual gamers ? They won’t ever play fractal enough to get on the leaderboard.
Hardcore fractal players ? They’re the ones whining the most about this leaderboard which has no real meaning and which is causing all their progress to be wiped out.

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

You’re not the target audience.

Who IS the target audience ?
Casual gamers ? They won’t ever play fractal enough to get on the leaderboard.
Hardcore fractal players ? They’re the ones whining the most about this leaderboard which has no real meaning and which is causing all their progress to be wiped out.

Apparently the target audience is the audience that enjoys the content.

That’s like shooting an arrow randomly at a tree, then drawing a target where the arrow landed, and exclaiming “yay” while giving a pat on your back.

For the record, I am a dedicated fractals player. I am pretty sure I am part of the target audience.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I’m not arguing that the implementation of the leaderboards is right. I’m arguing that the idea of leaderboards is right.

The idea might have been a good idea. But just throwing out ideas that sound good and have no connection whatsoever with a final product make no sense. Let’s say I have an idea to open an ice cream business at the beach. But in the process I opened tanning salon next to the beach. I opened a business regardless, so the idea was right. No…

in Fractured

Romo.3709

you have not even seen yet.

Umm… We all seen and heard it on the stream what devs were talking about it. So it’s not “imagined” or “throwing ridiculous statements”. It’s all facts that have been said and confirmed by devs themselves. Do some reading and watching rather than commenting on stuff that you’re clearly not informed on.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

I imagine leaderboards won’t be based on reaching level 50 on first come / serve based. It will be more like pvp formula. Number of times completed successfully vs times failed and left uncompleted on the highest difficulties. I imagine by the end of the month only those who have completed 50 will be on the board. Basically you will have a few hardcore gamers guilds also running together on the boards. It not a reflection of personal skill but how many similiary interested in fractal friends you have. I think of the leaderboards more as loser boards…a collection of people who failed at real life.

in Fractured

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

leaderboard should show time needed per fractal and per level so people can trie to do speedruns and be faster than others

this would be rly cool

all other things are useless and a leaderboard wasted

And this is what i expected them to implement.
Or a sort of point-based system, per level, that takes in account various factors like the fractals encountered, time of completition of said fractals, number of characters downed (depending on the fractal) and so on.
Instead, we get a “first”. Disappointing to say the least.

For goodness sake, yes! ArenaNet please, for all that is good in the world go to your parent company NCSoft and kindly steal the Dark Poeta mechanic and slap one of your leaderboards on it!

in Fractured

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

Umm… We all seen and heard it on the stream what devs were talking about it. So it’s not “imagined” or “throwing ridiculous statements”. It’s all facts that have been said and confirmed by devs themselves. Do some reading and watching rather than commenting on stuff that you’re clearly not informed on.

You make my point in your statement. You’ve seen the live stream – not the content first hand. You’ve heard a quick statement about the leaderboard, not a full explanation of how it works.

I watched the live stream and have heard the statement.
Clearly informed

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Fractured

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

For the record, I am a dedicated fractals player. I am pretty sure I should be part of the target audience.

Fixed That For You

(edited by Estriella Faerie.4029)

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

For the record, I am a dedicated fractals player. I am pretty sure I should be part of the target audience.

FTFY

I don’t know what ftfy means but

I agree with Jmar, and this is totally how I feel. The limited amount of time I play, I am in fractals. And there’s not a single ounce of me that cares about leaderboards.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

You make my point in your statement. You’ve seen the live stream – not the content first hand. You’ve heard a quick statement about the leaderboard, not a full explanation of how it works.

I watched the live stream and have heard the statement.
Clearly informed

They said all that there is to say about it. First come first served basis. They didn’t go into details that are not there.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

I imagine leaderboards won’t be based on reaching level 50 on first come / serve based. It will be more like pvp formula. Number of times completed successfully vs times failed and left uncompleted on the highest difficulties. I imagine by the end of the month only those who have completed 50 will be on the board. Basically you will have a few hardcore gamers guilds also running together on the boards. It not a reflection of personal skill but how many similiary interested in fractal friends you have. I think of the leaderboards more as loser boards…a collection of people who failed at real life.

You can imagine all you want but facts had been stated. There is nothing to imagine anymore. It’s a leaderboard to show what level you reached. That’s all. In order to get to 1st place you have to reach it first. Simple as that. Nothing to speculate, nothing to hope for. It is what it is. It has been stated by developers to explain what it is.

in Fractured

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

If you aren’t at 30 when the patch hits you already lost out…seems silly.

Works the same way with achievement points whoever was here early has the advantage

in Fractured

Posted by: Quinnto.2809

Quinnto.2809

+ 1 to all said before.

Leaderboards make no sense.

Grinding and elitism will get first anyways.