Anet, if this is true...(theory)*spoilers*

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Ok, during the opening ceremony, we saw the robot turn into rytlock and know something of logan’s past. Logan didnt find it funny and probably had problems fighting it (though he did) after the whole personal story.

Which brings me to my point.

Tell me anet, have you decided to finally progress the personal story through the Living story, and now making our choices in the personal matter?

What I am getting at is, we lost a mentor on Claw Island. These robots can read minds apparently. So, how soon will we be facing Forgal, or Sieran, or….gasp! even having to face and kill Tybalt himself….

If so, I give you props. If not, I suspect our rival to have played parts in the past more than known.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

They can’t read minds. Anise is the one who disguised it as Rytlock.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Ok, during the opening ceremony, we saw the robot turn into rytlock and know something of logan’s past. Logan didnt find it funny and probably had problems fighting it (though he did) after the whole personal story.

Tell me anet, have you decided to finally progress the personal story through the Living story, and now making our choices in the personal matter?

What I am getting at is, we lost a mentor on Claw Island. These robots can read minds apparently. So, how soon will we be facing Forgal, or Sieran, or….gasp! even having to face and kill Tybalt himself….

If so, I give you props. If not, I suspect our rival to have played parts in the past more than known.

Countess Anise purposely put Rytlock as one of the holograms for “fun”. Logan replied something along the lines of “We’re going to talk about this later”.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Anise says that it was her doing.

Additionally, Logan couldn’t bring himself to face Rytlock at full capacity. It still fits in any point of the story as he’s either too ashamed to face Rytlock, or he’s too afraid of actually hurting Rytlock.

in Queen's Jubilee

Serophous.9085

ok, what if anise did research on us then? That is, assuming Anise is with the pirates

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

ok, what if anise did research on us then?

Rytlock with Logan was callous, but also pointed. And Rytlock is fine, so its not that much of a deal. It’d make her pretty evil to force us to fight our dead mentor.

Unless she’s scarlet, I suppose. But reallllllly doubt that.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Fight our mentors? Naw, Trehearne is what I’m smelling here since everyone always calls for his blood! Ummm, errrrr or would that be sap? O.O

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Queen's Jubilee

Serophous.9085

ok, what if anise did research on us then?

Rytlock with Logan was callous, but also pointed. And Rytlock is fine, so its not that much of a deal. It’d make her pretty evil to force us to fight our dead mentor.

Unless she’s scarlet, I suppose. But reallllllly doubt that.

true, she could have been replaced with a dopleganger.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

chronomancer pls. now. waiting for it for years..

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

When Anise did this it really made me question her motives, especially given the charr/human peace atm. I wondered when she made him fight a charr at all, let alone Rytlock. Whaaat is she up to…?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

But Logan and Rytlock kissed and made up in CoF didnt they?

Though I expected to fight zombie Forgal in the PS. Also putting tybalt above Sieran? I am disappoint.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Didn’t Logan say robot Rytlock said something he had said in the past, but very people knew about it? Was that part of Anise’s illusion or was that something else?

It also doesn’t make sense that Anise would maintain the illusion of Rytlock if it was shown to be hindering Logan. When it was just an exhibition match, it was fine. But when the Queen’s life is in danger it’s flat out stupid to maintain the illusion. Either Anise kittened up and endangered the Queen by hindering the leader of the Seraph or she’s up to something.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Didn’t Logan say robot Rytlock said something he had said in the past, but very people knew about it? Was that part of Anise’s illusion or was that something else?

It also doesn’t make sense that Anise would maintain the illusion of Rytlock if it was shown to be hindering Logan. When it was just an exhibition match, it was fine. But when the Queen’s life is in danger it’s flat out stupid to maintain the illusion. Either Anise kittened up and endangered the Queen by hindering the leader of the Seraph or she’s up to something.

Anise was mocking him publicly… which is a pretty low blow, but what do you expect from a woman of her nature. As for putting a stop to it when the queen was in danger, she couldn’t, as she no longer had control.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Maybe Anise decided that Logan needs to face his past and finally get passed that. It did show that though that while Logan insists that he didn’t do anything wrong whenever he talks to Rytlock, he doesn’t even believe that by how he acted.

Also Jennah is the worst mesmer. She uses a greatsword at close range. You only see level 3 mesmers do that because they don’t know any better. Best mesmer my… rear end.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

They can’t read minds. Anise is the one who disguised it as Rytlock.

That^
It was just Anise being a kitten not the robot so unless she pulls the same thing on our characters I don’t see that happening.

in Queen's Jubilee

Shiren.9532

Anise was mocking him publicly… which is a pretty low blow, but what do you expect from a woman of her nature. As for putting a stop to it when the queen was in danger, she couldn’t, as she no longer had control.

The illusion is her magic, it’s not the golem. They lost control of the golem, not the illusion.

in Queen's Jubilee

Mia Lunarfang.5826

The illusion is her magic, it’s not the golem. They lost control of the golem, not the illusion.

It was stated that it was her doing, but not that it was her magic. How is she to magically control the appearance of thousands of robots (many of which have complex variations) for a four week period? No, the illusions were programmed, all she did was teak the programming to give Logan a hard time. Remember, she can’t be a villain for a key reason, the developers said they would not cross living story with personal story. So while key figures from personal story will appear in living story, nothing earth-shattering can happen to them or because of them.

in Queen's Jubilee

Shiren.9532

The developers specifically said it’s mesmer magic, not robot magic. They even have the mesmer shatter animations when they die. Queen Jennah does some crazy mesmer magic stuff in Edge of Destiny. Maybe they have a team of mesmers? I think it’s strange that they would go out of their way to say it’s mesmer magic if it was in fact robot magic. Does a ranger or guardian use fire elementalist magic every time they use a torch?

Why would they say it’s mesmer magic if the robots themselves generating the illusions? One would presume an actual mesmer would need to be involved for it to be mesmer magic. You don’t see every illusion the asura use being referred to as mesmer magic.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

Anise is the only, real queen

in Queen's Jubilee

Mia Lunarfang.5826

The developers specifically said it’s mesmer magic, not robot magic. They even have the mesmer shatter animations when they die. Queen Jennah does some crazy mesmer magic stuff in Edge of Destiny. Maybe they have a team of mesmers? I think it’s strange that they would go out of their way to say it’s mesmer magic if it was in fact robot magic. Does a ranger or guardian use fire elementalist magic every time they use a torch?

Why would they say it’s mesmer magic if the robots themselves generating the illusions? One would presume an actual mesmer would need to be involved for it to be mesmer magic. You don’t see every illusion the asura use being referred to as mesmer magic.

Even so, it would be impossible to do so many endless illusions alone, which means as you suggested, there must be a team, but I sincerely doubt that DR’s entire population of Mesmers would betray the queen.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

When Anise did this it really made me question her motives, especially given the charr/human peace atm. I wondered when she made him fight a charr at all, let alone Rytlock. Whaaat is she up to…?

I think Anise secretly loves the Queen and sees Logan as a rival, giving her a reason to pick on Logan. Although love can drive people to do some crazy things…I doubt she’s evil. Malevolent towards Logan, maybe, but not a traitor—yet!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I think Anise secretly loves the Queen and sees Logan as a rival, giving her a reason to pick on Logan. Although love can drive people to do some crazy things…I doubt she’s evil. Malevolent towards Logan, maybe, but not a traitor—yet!

Actually, Anise follows Logan like his puppy and Logan follows the queen like her Puppy.

If anything, it would be a triangle where Jennah likes Anise, hue.

But, you might want to check out… this question here.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Fight our mentors? Naw, Trehearne is what I’m smelling here since everyone always calls for his blood! Ummm, errrrr or would that be sap? O.O

Real spoiler: You think you’re fighting a Watchknight disguised as trahearne, but after the fight it appears it was really him. This gets revealed at the end of this LS content, which will lead into another festival starting the 3rd of Septeber.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

True. I saw it as Anise making the watchknight look like Rytlock, but the words it spoke to Logan were while it was under the control of the hooded figure.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Anise was just jealous to see Logan was so eager to do anything for the Queen and didn’t give a stuff about her. Maybe she’s a secret admirer of Logan after all. o_O

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vodac.9742

Vodac.9742

D: No….I can’t relive Tybalt again. I barely got over it the last time :*-[

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sidisen.2641

Sidisen.2641

This is sort of on topic with Tybalt, Forgal and Sieran, but have nothing to do with the living story.
I’m guessing you don’t know about the “hidden” event in Bloodtide Coast, where you can avenge Tybalt/Forgal/Sieran by killing a Risen Commander in Whisperwill Bogs. Depending on which order you choose in the personal story the event will have different aspects to it, and the Order of Whispers event has a twist

You can check it out in this video —-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjJYW1cv52g&list=PLWW2Ktkp0jvhO8X63P8StsId1l0ZJOeci&index=3

And for the living story, I do hope they will continue on it in that sense that it will be an extension of the personal story, but I don’t see that happening because of all the new players. Some of them might have problem of the fact that they may not have completed the personal story, or not think it is even worth putting effort into the living story because they were not there from the beginning.

And the Aetherblades are evil.

Sidisen was here…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Alenaar.6513

Alenaar.6513

Speaking about Anisse…I do not believe that woman. Today I was leveling my alt and I was on minister Wi’s party. There was gossiping women. “Countess Anisse got thing for hitory of ancient Kryta”. Just couple minutes later Julius Zamon requested trial by combat and Anisse brought up how could he know about such old, long lost type of defense in court. Exactly what i would expect of mesmer to do.

Just listen to her, how she speaks and behave. She stands near the queen all the time, nobody suspects her. And then the thing with Logan.

That person is sneaky. From somebody of her abilities and ambitions i would await no less then from Beetlestone.

And she is hot btw..

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Even so, it would be impossible to do so many endless illusions alone, which means as you suggested, there must be a team, but I sincerely doubt that DR’s entire population of Mesmers would betray the queen.

Even players could generate metric ton of clones of clones of clones by reflecting clonegens alone. Anise can control up to 16 phantasms or perhaps even more which is obviously harder than smuggle some hard light from wonderful lands of teleportasia and shape it like your wildest dreams demand.

…I think you and everyone other doubting her superpowers are just jelly. I know that because I’m somewhat jelly too.

in Queen's Jubilee

Serophous.9085

Actually, the more i thought about it, the more i think these knew guardians are a bad idea. We just saw one transform into a leader of the charr, and act like one, knowing the past. How do we know no one else is really a ‘robot in disguise’?

We may have a battlestar galactica on our hands here.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

We do know Anise is NOT in Cahoots with the Ministry because she helps you defeat the bandits in the Key Farm personal story.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

We could quite possibly face our doppleganger!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

ok, what if anise did research on us then? That is, assuming Anise is with the pirates

She isn’t. Know how I know?

She’s Shining Blade. And she’s a childhood friend of Jennah. She wouldn’t put Jennah in harm’s way – ever.

I don’t see any ulterior motives to her actions. She was just toying with a friend of hers.

The charr Logan fought was a Renegade (model wise at least). And come on, the Watchknight turned into a quaggan. The fight with Logan was clearly merely a demonstration for entertainment, and not something to give motives.

Besides, charr know that they’re tough opponents and it’s pointblank obvious that they were a threat to humanity – and some factions still are.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

She’s Shining Blade. And she’s a childhood friend of Jennah. She wouldn’t put Jennah in harm’s way – ever.

I don’t see any ulterior motives to her actions. She was just toying with a friend of hers.

The charr Logan fought was a Renegade (model wise at least). And come on, the Watchknight turned into a quaggan. The fight with Logan was clearly merely a demonstration for entertainment, and not something to give motives.

Besides, charr know that they’re tough opponents and it’s pointblank obvious that they were a threat to humanity – and some factions still are.

That is a very cruel way to “toy with a friend”.
And even if she meant nothing by it opening with an illusion of a charr and then having Logan fight an illusion of Rytlock is not the most diplomatic of moves.
Fortunately Rox doesn’t seem the type to read into it.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I don’t think she can really be a villan for the simple fact that she is a vital part of the human personal stories. Killing her off, or marking her as a traitor would ruin the timeline; aka a character could see her as a traitor before facing her in their personal story instance.

She’s always had her qualms with the way in which Logan goes about doing things; especially when trying to get in good with the Queen. I’m sure all this was just a snarky tip of the hat to Logan which turned sour when the aetherblades showed up.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Meh, as long as I get the mirror-fight from GW1, as one of the Watchknights assume my form and I have to fight myself, I’m happy enough. Will probably happen as well. Let’s just say I wouldn’t be surprised if someone we stood next to, as the Suspicious Character was toying around with people, was a Watchknight as well.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

chronomancer pls. now. waiting for it for years..

Ah ha ha ha… I see what you did there. Chronomancers… Waiting for years… Ha ha.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Queen's Jubilee

Serophous.9085

See, this is where I am starting to see it now. Ok, Anise wouldn’t be a traitor, but what if that really isnt Anise? But a watchknight disguised as her? I’m seeing the doppleganger bit playing out more and more, and we saw the Aetherblades mess with the watchknight against logan, they probably have their own mesmers to disguise watchknights as prominent figures to get close to Jenna or other leaders.

And before the whole “then she wouldnt be able to do the magic on the other watchknight”, again, taken over from a distance, they can probably cast the spell from a distance, the doppleganger just says whakittens told to say.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Anise just has a condescending personality and weird sense of humor. Like for example in the Key Farm personal story, she disguises Logan as an ugly bandit with a burnt face (as opposed to Uptown Johnny.)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zevilo.9304

Zevilo.9304

Anise hates Logan because he steals her thunder. She’s the Master Exemplar of the Shining Blades, royalty’s personal guard and childhood friend of Jennah, yet Logan is the Queen’s “champion”. She’s very devoted to protecting the crown at the same time enjoys giving Logan a hard time.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I have it on good authority that the OP is a watchknight.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

I have it on good authority that the OP is a watchknight.

hes trying to cause disent within the peoples mind of the crown so im thinking hes a watchknight controlled by the aetherblades