Balloon Tower Tourist Bugged

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: De Dam.2961

De Dam.2961

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to get the achievement that you open 30 chests at balloon towers all over the world, but almost all of them are bugged somehow.

The chest often opens up by itself when I run to it up the staircase (that means without me pressing F) and then I press F to get loot and end up in Divinity’s Reach.

What also may happen is that the chest is already closed like I looted it already today when I didn’t, this also means it won’d add to the counter and again I end up in Divinity’s Reach.

Or the chest just floats in the air and then I can’t loot it… AND END UP IN DIVINITY’S REACH !!!

I have tried atleast 15 chests today and they all had the same issue, meanwhile my achievement counter is stuck at 11 because of it. This way I (and probably many others) can’t finish the achievement to get the mini air balloon :S

Check out my Guild Wars 2 video’s, and more :)
http://www.youtube.com/dedam85

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: selfdisplaced.5781

selfdisplaced.5781

I’m in the same boat. I don’t know why they won’t fix this. They need to do a one time reset of the chests.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s… not… bugged…

That means you already did that tower. The chests are once per map, per account. You need to go to other maps in order to finish the whole achievement.

Note – there are 2 balloons per map. That means you must visit 15 different maps.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Earlywood.7438

Earlywood.7438

IT IS BUGGED:

It’s… not… bugged…

That means you already did that tower. The chests are once per map, per account. You need to go to other maps in order to finish the whole achievement.

Note – there are 2 balloons per map. That means you must visit 15 different maps.

This bug can occur for someone clicking on their very first balloon tower chest. There are numerous threads on this and although what you say is true, there are many times where that is not what is occurring. Somehow, the chests get opened for you when a person opens it before you and you lose out on the chest/achievement and can’t come back to loot it later since the game now believes you already got credit for that tower. There is another thread where the devs said they will look into the bug, but I’m not sure if they have. I know when I completed it a few days ago they still hadn’t.

What worked for me is I just kept going to as many towers as it took until I got credit. If I saw someone running up in front of me, I would wait a sec before following them up the stairs or try to beat them to the top. not ideal but I did end up getting it done. Would be nice if they just fixed it though. 30 towers is a big portion of the map and not getting credit for some just means more running around and wasted time.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: De Dam.2961

De Dam.2961

It’s… not… bugged…

Please read the entire thing BEFORE replying, thanks

Check out my Guild Wars 2 video’s, and more :)
http://www.youtube.com/dedam85

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: selfdisplaced.5781

selfdisplaced.5781

it is bugged. i had this happen in brand new areas i know i’ve never been. it’s 100% bugged.