Defeated-by-Liadri club - Feedback.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MystF.5186

MystF.5186

So, have done this like 50 times, closest I got was to 25% health. Challenging, I like wasting my time on it.

1. The floor texture is so mottled, my eyes love it.
2. There are so many wonderful red circles with thin outline. Good you didn’t make the game draw them filled instead.
3. The dome wall and camera distance are just amazing, I can adore my character’s haircut that way.
4. Enjoying my 10-30 frames per second, the taste of true MMO!
5. Strugar really cares about his dog, feeding it every 2 seconds. How lovely! <3

Thank you, ArenaNet, for this great event. Haven’t felt so lifeless this far. Want the pet though… and achievement points.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Perhaps you should try utilizing your camera at a 45-75 degree angle so the walls will not get in the way.

Additionally, pick your Arena wisely, each one will spawn the white circles in slightly modified spots.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aktarus.5612

Aktarus.5612

Or maybe anet can just fix their kitten CAM since 1 year…and targeting system too.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Or maybe anet can just fix their kitten CAM since 1 year…and targeting system too.

But you were just offered a solution to the camera issue, and the targeting isn’t a problem at all as you just need to set up a called target and then use the assist key to re-target liadri if you in some mysterical way manages to lose your target.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I pretty much throw away every ticket I get now. I wish they wouldn’t drop out in the world, since I’m not going to go to that arena while I’m gathering in Orr. I’m not going back. That boss is one of the worst designed fights in this entire game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I pretty much throw away every ticket I get now. I wish they wouldn’t drop out in the world, since I’m not going to go to that arena while I’m gathering in Orr. I’m not going back. That boss is one of the worst designed fights in this entire game.

I thought it was pretty well done. All you have to do is carry condition removal and learn the patterns of P1, then run in a wide circle in P2.

I do sort of wish that the definition of difficulty in this game wasn’t “one-shot mechanics” though. I mean, maybe every once and a while, but all the time?

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

I thought the design was pretty good.

in Queen's Jubilee

Nilkemia.8507

Then you’re insane, because a boss with gimmicky invulnerability, one hit down/kill AoEs, orbs that can pull you from the other edge of the arena, clones that also 1 hit down/kill you, and a time limit, is NOT good design.

And even if there are patterns in all of the orbs/portals/AoEs, you know what? It doesn’t matter, because between trying to focus on everything between the lag, the frames dropping, and frustration, means I can’t notice any pattern well enough to help me. It is such an awful fight. It really comes down to luck, which means I have no chance.

Sometimes I dodge while in the AoE, but sometimes I get hit anyway, as if my dodge doesn’t count. Really?

Sometimes the light pools spawn away from the clones and shadow AoE of death, sometimes they don’t , meaning I’ll just die if I try going in.

Depending on the above scenario, sometimes I can reach light shards quickly, other times I’m too slow and they vanish before I get to them or even as I pick them up.

Sometimes I die barely 10 seconds in, sometimes I manage to get to Phase 2, and then quickly die anyway because the AoE spam gets faster and the orbs are always next to or in it.

I guess I’m just not good enough. Despite beating all the others up to this point, I’m just not good enough. And it doesn’t seem like I’m getting any better.

Forget it. Anyone who defends this awful crap fight is lying, trolling, a masochist, brain damaged, or just an idiot. And I sincerely doubt anything will convince me otherwise.

This 1 hit kill gimmick invulnerability crap needs to be thrown away and never brought back. If those fools have their way, it’ll fester and grow. What if more new bosses become like this? I dread the thought.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

You’re kind of missing the point. They put in the gauntlet, and therefore Liadri, because top end players wanted a challenge. It’s hard for a reason.

This is mostly designed for those nutters up in the top of the ratings in fractals or those spvp’ers who can shut you down and kill you in 3 seconds. Or the vocal 1% of the forums who throw the proverbial tanty and threaten to leave the game if they aren’t given something hard to do.

For me, who likes to have neatly filled in achievement sheets, it drives me insane because I know I don’t have enough skill to do this fight. And although I could probably beat her on my ranger by learning the patterns by heart, I’m not going to and I’m OK with that.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Step 1 to memorizing the pattern: Use the same arena.

in Queen's Jubilee

Nilkemia.8507

If that’s their idea of a challenge, then they should probably be playing a different game. She’s not a “challenge”. She’s a bunch of cheap gimmicks thrown together. Like I typed, I’m done. That gauntlet was a good idea done poorly, and that last fight is too rage-inducing and fun-killing. I’ll just throw away those tickets from now on.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

I enjoy it, was an interesting fight that is entirely manageable once you know what to do with a little practice. It’s nice to finally have something in this game that presents a little bit of a challenge.

By the way, the aoe in p2 drops in a predictable pattern. It’s very easy to altogether avoid if you hug the middle of the arena.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Nilkemia.8507

I’m beginning to think no one actually read that big post I made.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Null.9743

Null.9743

And even if there are patterns in all of the orbs/portals/AoEs, you know what? It doesn’t matter, because between trying to focus on everything between the lag, the frames dropping, and frustration, means I can’t notice any pattern well enough to help me. It is such an awful fight. It really comes down to luck, which means I have no chance.

I don’t get it, in the same paragraph you point out that all of your problems with Liadra stem from the poor location choice but you still criticise the fight for being badly designed. The fight is fine, it’s the cage and the location that need fixing.

Sometimes the light pools spawn away from the clones and shadow AoE of death, sometimes they don’t , meaning I’ll just die if I try going in.

The light pools, clones and shadow AoE all spawn in the same place every time. It differs slightly arena to arena so stay in the same arena and it won’t change.

sometimes I manage to get to Phase 2, and then quickly die anyway because the AoE spam gets faster and the orbs are always next to or in it.

AoE has a very predictable pattern in phase 2. Find the safe spot then just keep running in a circle dodging and killing orbs as necessary. It takes some practise but dodging the AoE in phase 2 will be the easiest part by the time you kill her.

I guess I’m just not good enough. Despite beating all the others up to this point, I’m just not good enough. And it doesn’t seem like I’m getting any better.

Forget it. Anyone who defends this awful crap fight is lying, trolling, a masochist, brain damaged, or just an idiot.

At first, you recognise that the reason you haven’t beaten Liadra is because you personally have failed to kill her. This isn’t meant as an insult, just an observation. You then go on to insult anyone who thinks maybe it’s actually a good fight, just because you personally aren’t good enough.

Maybe those of us who are good enough want challenging content. It took me 40+ attempts but the vast majority of the deaths were my own fault. When I finally learned from my mistakes, I beat it pretty quickly.

If you’re still struggling, read more guides online and try a different build. Or, just accept that maybe this content isn’t for you.

(edited by Null.9743)

in Queen's Jubilee

Nilkemia.8507

I have accepted that this content isn’t for me. I’m just throwing away the tickets now.

This one hit kill garbage is no good for actual challenge, just to frustrate and suck the fun out of any fight fast. If more of this is to come, it’ll make GW2 worse in the long run.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ilovepi.3542

ilovepi.3542

My biggest problem is that #2 in op; I really wished red circles were filled for that fight.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

My 1st time:
Mesmer 10/25/0/25/10 phantasma. full berzerker.
S/F. GS
utilities: feedback-null field- blink
1 phase: cast warden as much I can and some feedback to reduce to pressure over me and keep hitting her whit the orbs. For me as Mesmer the hard part is this phase because I worry more in get the orbs and agro the clones to portal an sometimes they just blow up killing me or I don’t notice the orbes that pull me to my deads.

Phase 2: this is the easy part I just cast berzerker phantasma and run around blinking when is needed and let my illusions made the work. I never switch to S/F at least I have 0 endurance to dodge instead I use B. F.

As zerker the damage output is amazing. She down so fast that i was surprised when I get ported back to the npc.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MystF.5186

MystF.5186

Well, I finally defeated her. Took me 70~90 tries or so.
I’m a warrior and used the backwards circles with the rifle.

Speaking of phase 2.
1. At first when I did so I failed as I got crippled and was downed by red circles.
2. Later, I tended to run out of time.

For #1, I had to be closer to the centrum of the floor, though I wasn’t rubbing the wall either. Just needed to try smaller circles. When red circles are on the ground, then the safe areas are like triangles, tip pointing towards the centrum. So I had to run circles so that I aimed for the tip part of the triangle. When arrived on the tip and further way was yet blocked, then I walked down the triangle until further way cleared.

For #2, as I was strafing I needed to hold the camera so I could see Liadri on my screen that more rifle skills would actually hit her. This tip was indeed mentioned in the source of this method (which was YouTube for me), but I gave it less attention what I was actually doing. Also applied some useful sigil to my rifle.

Gear:
Knight’s armor with Pack rune, zerky rifle and accessories.

Can’t quite recall my traits at the time, but I think I had:
10 – 2
20 – 2/7
10 – 2
20 – 1/7
10 – 6

Utility skills I had: Healing Signet, Endure Pain, Balanced Stance, Signet of Stamina and Signet of Rage.

Food: Rare Veggie Pizza (condition duration for crippling)

Hopefully these tips will help other helpless warriors out there.

(edited by MystF.5186)