Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

Share you screens, since there are no titles =P

Attachments:

Light up the darkness trophy room

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I wasted 8 hours yesterday trying to beat her on my Guardian for that achievement. Couldn’t do it. Spent about 80 tickets.

Gonna spend the whole week farming more tickets and gonna try again on the weekend :|

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Congratulations! As someone not skilled enough to kill her (yet!!), I do think you guys who manage the 8 orb achievement should get a title. I know its buggy and annoying, but completing it even with those handicaps deserves a title for sure.

Nice achievment points btw!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

I wasted 8 hours yesterday trying to beat her on my Guardian for that achievement. Couldn’t do it. Spent about 80 tickets.

Gonna spend the whole week farming more tickets and gonna try again on the weekend :|

Rather keep the Tickets bcuz they will most likely be sellable again… and the Gauntlet will come back as an Activity (so free use then)

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Queen's Jubilee

Lighthammer.3280

It would be nice if people would post screens of their achievement so we can see how many people actually got it!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

My biggest achievement this year:

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

reserved tonight im getting it

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Matty.7395

Matty.7395

Got it few days ago

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Yaaarrrrrrrr

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Neno.8694

Neno.8694

Best Achievement so far.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Calmwinds.4753

Calmwinds.4753

Best achievement so far since release. Too bad there’s no way to show you got it. Bring more difficult achievements like this in the future pls.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Best achievement so far since release. Too bad there’s no way to show you got it. Bring more difficult achievements like this in the future pls.

And better rewards. I don’t think its was worth doing for just 20 arch points, but i made that to fill gc archs anyway. Why a title inst added i don’t know.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Same here bro But I bought mine instead of farming them :/

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

The most satisfying thing I’ve completed up to now

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Athidae.3870

Athidae.3870

Build: 0/15/25/10/20 Condition Clone

Weapon: Staff (Carrion)

Gear: Carrion (Undead Runes) (Earth Sigil) / Rabid based Ascended Jewelry

Boosts: “Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew”, “Master Tuning Crystal”, and Boosters.

Let me first say….. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!! This has taken me quite a while to complete. I got the initial kill a few days ago but this one…. This was harsh. I play the same build for everything and I’m not a fan of changing my core build which consists of Mesmer Staff condition build 0/15/25/10/20. My build is based on keeping clones up at all times to max out conditions. This fight made that aspect very hard so I had to adapt with swapping out utilities to “Mantra of Pain”, “Arcane Thievery”, and “Blink”. None of which I use on a regular basis short of “Arcane Thievery” for the occasional swap of feedback based on content.

Again, my build is based on clone upkeep and there was none. About the only damage was coming from my “Winds of Chaos” auto attack and you can imagine how brutal that was lol. It took severe circle strafing with blind spots to keep auto going, evading images, watching aoe, and scanning for orbs. I used “Chaos Storm” to insta-kill orbs due to staff / the occasional scepter (did not use on the actual achievement clear) auto attacks being “obstructed”.

This was a pure challenge. I think it was even more challenging staying committed to my build… But I wasn’t budging and now I’m lighting up the darkness BAYBEH!

tl;dr I almost threw my laptop against the wall but then I won so I didn’t.

Attachments:

(edited by Athidae.3870)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Gratz to the dozen players who beat it out of what 3 million?
Nice job none the less….

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Athidae I was thinking of going condi Mes for the 8 orb achievement, I’m curious how you managed to keep clones up though?

edit: to clarify I mean in part 2

(edited by shimmerless.4560)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

It took forever, but I got it! Using the utilities I have on in the picture.

Attachments:

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Athidae.3870

Athidae.3870

Athidae I was thinking of going condi Mes for the 8 orb achievement, I’m curious how you managed to keep clones up though?

edit: to clarify I mean in part 2

That was the challenge tbh. I didn’t. It’s impossible to keep clones up in this fight due to the hourglass shap coverage aoe that alternates in two positions that cover the entire arena. The extent of my clones were Phantasmal Warden (carefully timed so he could at least survive for 5 seconds :P ) which would grab her attention and take a few hits before dying. The only other clone I was using was Phase Retreat and that was just for a few seconds of added conditions before he would die.

Like I said, it was absurdly difficult as a condi staff mesmer. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone lol. If you’re comfortable with the build, go for it! Up the challenge! Best of luck!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I don’t have the achievement yet (I’m not masochistic enough to get it on my ranger), but next time the arena comes around my engi should be high enough to go for the challenge!! Or at least I hope it’ll still be there =(

PS: maybe they should give a badge for it IE: like world completion, instead if a title.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Queen's Jubilee

Lighthammer.3280

I’m sure there are more people than 8 of us who manage to pull it off.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ruby Highfarm.6073

Ruby Highfarm.6073

Hey you guys with 10k achievement points.. How the heck did you get that many? Did you do tons of dailies and all monthlies, or did you complete every part of the game?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

As a ranger with 30/0/30/10/0 build.
Will gladly help if any ranger needs help with it although I’d rather not try to do that achievement again. Still I’d say that’s the most difficult thing I’ve done in this game so far.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tropies.2351

Tropies.2351

Kapina, what utilities/weapons you used? And some tips if you can^^

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

Kapina, what utilities/weapons you used? And some tips if you can^^

Weapons: shortbow/greatsword

Utilities: Troll Unguent, Lightning reflexes, Signet of Stone, Signet of the Hunt, Rampage as one. If you are having trouble with the cripple use Healing Spring and/or Signet of Renewal.

To make that achievement in time, you have to perfect the first phase, which means you can’t miss any of the white pools during that phase. If you miss even one, I’d suggest you get yourself killed or just practice evading and abilities that round.

Doing the achievement really starts at phase 2, and unlike when you just kill her, you have to be more daring and actually sometimes stay on top of circles instead of running to safety. That way it’s easier and faster to kite the adds towards the white pools. The problem I had for a long time was that I was able to kite the adds to the pools, but I forgot the importance of also damaging the boss ALL THE TIME. You must kite, evade not only the aoe, but preferably boss’s crippling jump, and also keep firing at her with your shortbow.

Greatsword is useful for 2 things. The more important thing (even during phase 1) is to use ability number 4. It will block enemy attacks (this also means shadowbolts boss does on first phase) and it blocks the aoe. The ability number 3 comes handy if you notice orb spawning far away and the orb is at safe place.

Otherwise all I can say is, you have to be perfect at that boss to get the achievement. You have to know exactly when to dodge so you don’t waste your endurance on panic dodges.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

I finally got it last night as a Thief, best sense of accomplishment I’ve had in this game so far. Took me about 60 attempts, though 4 separate times I landed 8 orbs and had her at or below 10% health when I died. I was raging so hard by the end

Did it with 10/30/0/30/0 SB P/P. Signet of Malice, shadow step, assassin’s signet, signet of shadows, thieves guild.

Attachments:

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

(edited by Nettle.9025)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

Hey you guys with 10k achievement points.. How the heck did you get that many? Did you do tons of dailies and all monthlies, or did you complete every part of the game?

A lot of points from the holiday/temporary events. Then monthlies and dailies. plus a whole crap ton from Hall of Monuments. I think you can only get like 6kish? by doing permanent achieves.

[ICoa] Blackgate

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ele Of Yo.6253

Ele Of Yo.6253

was a lot of fun to do, ty a-net for this challenging content and hopeing for more like this.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Took me around 40 tries to get it

Attachments:

(edited by RoRo.8270)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Attachments:

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Drayan.4217

Drayan.4217

Got the achievement a few days back with my Thief. Since then done it on my Engie and Guardian. The key is to remember the patterns in phase 1 and 2. The orbs always spawn in only 2 location determined by its first spawn:

1. In the same location
2. 90 degree counter clockwise.

They also spawn at given times. This is important as once the pattern is memorised the the only rng is introduced by the orb pull so knowing where and when they spawn is key to a quick and clean kill.

Remember stay calm throughout the fight. Do not panic and dodge roll or do anything greedy. The orbs are there for a while once they spawn, so pick it up dodge if you are in the red and then throw. Liadri will always gap close to you so sometimes just throw at your feet an she walkes right into it.

The only concrete build parts you need are traits that give vigor and remove conditions, so look for the triat lines that do so and invest points into it.

P.S. Vanilla kill for Liadri is cake I have done is several times not to show people how it is done and if you need just whisper me ingame and if I am free I will be more than happy to help.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Got this a few days ago but I will admit the achievement counted with only 7 orbs, or at least I thought I only got 7 orbs. I did this on eng and she killed herself with retaliation. I can post a screen if people don’t believe me I am just too lazy, I am mostly curious how many people have pulled this off.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Latency.3907

Latency.3907

Zerker Thief was the ticket for me after about dozen tries. Did the p/p + sb thing
sig of shadows, blinding powder, and shadowstep.

I must have tried over 100 times with warrior to no avail.. couldn’t balance vigor/endurance regen with the dmg required.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

hergmagerd I did it

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Done and dusted!

A few attempts before finally getting it, I lost with her on an entire empty health bar! No red in sight, was more than slightly cut haha. YEAH!

15-20 attempts on the initial 3 orb kill
120+ for 8 orbs.

Oh, sword/warhorn & longbow, full celestial armour/trinkets with soldier runes.

Attachments:

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Artemis.4059

Artemis.4059

Done it as a thief, took me like 80 attempts.

Weapons: Pistol / dagger
Traits: 20 / 0 / 30 / 20/ 0

You can see my utilities on the screenshot. Basically my gear was mostly precision / crit damage, but for the purpose of this fight, I used poison utility + condition damage / duration food.

Best part of it was that during the fight I was sure that I had thrown only 7 orbs, so I kept Liadri at like 2% and was running after another one.

However, when I ve seen that npc starts to count 5,4,3 etc I thought that it is still better to kill her than to fall down and I shot her at LITERALLY ONE … and – BAM ACHIEV

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: sintetique.7348

sintetique.7348

Got it today.. (conditionmancer)

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Got it couple of days ago 0/10/30/30/0 Full celestial guardian. Done it with great sword only, no weapon swap.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ryiw.1590

Ryiw.1590

Got it!!! Conditionmancer build 10/30/0/30/0

Attachments:

Croatian Maniacs [CM]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: sidneijr.7051

sidneijr.7051

Just got it! ;D

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

I got it this morning:

http://youtu.be/gy56fSJ4dqw

Absolute craziness how many times I was on the verge of death and especially how I finished off Liadri as I was falling out of the Arena (lol!)

However, as I posted in another thread here, either the achievement tooltip is bugged and you only need 7 orb hits; or the achievement itself is bugged as I clearly missed hitting her with the 4th orb (as a vulnerability stack didn’t appear on her).

Or perhaps I did hit her but only ‘direct hits’ register the vulnerability stack?

I’ve since watched a few other Light Up The Darkness vids where folks miss her with orbs as well, and so something is going on…

(edited by Day Trooper.3605)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Maverick Nightfury.1258

Maverick Nightfury.1258

Just got it tonight, completing my collection of gauntlet and jubilee achievements! Probably most satisfying achievement in the game so far (I’d share a screen, but don’t have much experience on the forum, lol XP).
As an inspiration to rangers who are having difficulty with this, it certainly is possible and with a trap condition ranger nonetheless. Keep trying and you’ll succeed (and lose a despicable amount of money XD).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marauding Scum.6728

Marauding Scum.6728

Took me well over 40 tickets but this is it, been a while since I felt rewarded in any PvE content.

Major props to JustinProCrew @youtube for giving me a clear idea of what should be done.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azylir.9137

Azylir.9137

Took me probably about 200 tickets, attempting after long days at work was mostly pointless. Liadri certainly earned a few choice descriptions to my guildies on mumble, but being able to yell kitten yes when i got this was totally worth it. In comparison to beating her, normally, she’s an easy fight, this achievement made it hard. Those wanting nerfs to her, really just need to keep learning the fight because she probably cost me over 300 tickets for beating her normally and this achievement. Hardest part is learning, watching a video helps, but only way to really get better against her is trial and error. Needless to say I never wanna fight her again, and I totally wouldnt mind a title for this achievement. The mini just for beating her is pretty sick though!

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: xGreeD.6018

xGreeD.6018

100 for boss.
51 for achievement.

I ALWAYS win.

Attachments:

“Take me to wonderland…”, she said,
as she finished beating me up a mole times.
Let’s try something you’re actually good at.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tasslehoff.5738

Tasslehoff.5738

http://i.imgur.com/9Er6pTM.jpg

9 days ago, 40 tryes by necro

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

I did it, but it wasn’t satisfying. The fight was not enjoyable. This was probably the worst encounter I’ve ever done in a MMO.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: rotharos.5427

rotharos.5427

Can’t believe I did it! ~50 tries. P/D Thief. No buffs (forgot to use rather).

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: PaulDousen.2619

PaulDousen.2619

First try on Thief.

http://i.imgur.com/L7aejqk.jpg

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WildFireZERO.9201

WildFireZERO.9201

So, after 400+ attempts, 16+ hours and 80+ gold spent, I finally did it!!!

Never again.

Attachments: