May I please use my tickets?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

I’ve been playing around in the new area over my few characters and they’ve each found some gauntlet entrance tickets. I’d love to do the gauntlet on one of my specific characters, but trying to have fun with gambits is hard since he doesn’t have many tickets. I’ve looted over 100 on one of my other characters so far, but they’re soulbound for some confusing reason.
Why am I not allowed to use the tickets I found on the characters I want?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

They ‘fixed’ this with an earlier patch – apparently they were account bound, now they’re soulbound on acquire, for reasons I can’t really fathom either.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

It’s because people were creating characters, logging in and sending their free tickets to their main character. They would repeat this and get hundreds of tickets for little effort. I imagine it also caused problems for the game engine.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

It’s because people were creating characters, logging in and sending their free tickets to their main character. They would repeat this and get hundreds of tickets for little effort. I imagine it also caused problems for the game engine.

Was going to post this as well. Basically leave it up to the people who exploit to ruin it for everyone.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

You’d think they would do the sane path and just make the mail account bound (like the letter from Kiel, it was only sent once to your first logged in character, then never again). But I guess they, yet again, took the completely silly outrageous path and screwed over players who enjoy alts…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Basically leave it up to the people who exploit to ruin it for everyone.

How about, leave it to ANet to make everyone suffer for their shoddy, shortsighted programming?

Obviously it´s too hard for them to send a mail to every character on an account only once then mark the account as “DONE”.

It seems that “exploit” of people deleting characters and rolling new ones comes as a stunning new surprise to ANet..
EVERY
KITTEN
TIME !!1!!1!evellen!

Polish > hype

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

Why can’t the entrance tickets be account bound? I don’t get this . SMH.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

You’d think they would do the sane path and just make the mail account bound (like the letter from Kiel, it was only sent once to your first logged in character, then never again). But I guess they, yet again, took the completely silly outrageous path and screwed over players who enjoy alts…

I applaud you good sir/milady. Not only is this incredibly sensible but dare I say even constructive. Make it so!

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

Basically leave it up to the people who exploit to ruin it for everyone.

How about, leave it to ANet to make everyone suffer for their shoddy, shortsighted programming?

Obviously it´s too hard for them to send a mail to every character on an account only once then mark the account as “DONE”.

It seems that “exploit” of people deleting characters and rolling new ones comes as a stunning new surprise to ANet..
EVERY
KITTEN
TIME !!1!!1!evellen!

How about no. If people are too childish and feel the need to make tons of characters getting tickets every time with the intention to delete them they know they’re doing something wrong.

That’s not ArenaNet’s fault that’s people being people. The only alternative is making them soulbound – which they did. Thank the people who made 100s to even 1000s of tickets by doing this.

Your solution won’t work either, by the way for the same reasons they changed it. People can just keep making new characters with different names and bam – new tickets for their main character.

in Queen's Jubilee

HawkMeister.4758

Your solution won’t work either,

I see you don´t want to argue the point but just “win” an internet argument and defend beloved ANet.
Suit yourself, I´m tired of this game.
Especially when I´m supposed to argue with someone who doesn´t even understand my point.

Polish > hype

in Queen's Jubilee

TehPwnerer.7215

I see you don´t want to argue the point but just “win” an internet argument and defend beloved ANet.
Especially when I´m supposed to argue with someone who doesn´t even understand my point.

Okay.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

The solution to this crisis is to make the tickets account bound and 1-time acquire, that means if you have many alts only one of them will be getting the mail with the tickets in it. The rest of the tickets drop more than enough times during the new events to help the new achievements along, plenty for the taking there and there’s one in each boss chest as well.

Something like this shouldn’t need intervention because of a bad decision or implementation, it just requires some more thought on how to get it done right the first time. There’s always gonna be bad apples and they’ll always look to exploit every opportunity available for their own personal gain.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I have to wonder what does it matter, since you can get dozens of these tickets by zerging mobs at the pavillion and they’re only good for your personal use. Who cares if someone has hundreds of tickets?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bratpirat.6137

Bratpirat.6137

Yeah the soulbound tickets are so annoying, one reason i gave up on the gauntlet allthough its fun, but its like a bad console game with few savepoints so you have to do the same stuff over and over again aka zerging for tickets.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

They ‘fixed’ this with an earlier patch – apparently they were account bound, now they’re soulbound on acquire, for reasons I can’t really fathom either.

Is not apparently. They were account bound, and then they had to go change it for some stupid reason to soulbound. I have a bunch of tickets on my alts, that I might as well delete, cause they’ll never be used, cause they aren’t gonna be participating in the gauntlet.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

how about paying for the transfer of tickets. My mesmer has loads, but i do not think I wil start the gauntler with her.

in Queen's Jubilee

HawkMeister.4758

They were account bound, and then they had to go change it for some stupid reason to soulbound.

The stupid reason is that ANet´s stupid system keeps constantly sending these mails to newly created characters.
And instead of just switching it of, because of character deleters/creaters farming them we all get kitteneffed.

Polish > hype

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I’d like to point out I have seen Teh speak out against Anet, in particular with regards to the new fellblade look-alike.

I do so love it when people pull a fanboy attack on someone who has shown not to be just to win an argument.

But then, pulling the fanboy card has always been all sorts of stupid.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Personally, I’m not sure why they cared. The people who were rolling new characters just to farm tickets were cheating themselves out getting better loot by actually playing the game. The first floor of the Gauntlet drops tickets at a really decent rate AND provides you with gold while you’re doing it.

I would have preferred that they simply not send any tickets in the mail over making them soulbound.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Why do we even need tickets? Why can’t we just play the kitten thing as many times as we want while it’s available?

The table is a fable.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Personally speaking, I like the idea that my alts have to earn their tickets. If I can’t defeat the Queen’s Champions with an alt, then that alt probably won’t survive the gauntlet very well.

But I agree that the Email should have been limited, not the player’s choice on which character gets to use the tickets, if they so choose. The soulbound tickets were probably the easier and quicker fix.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Love how I earned tickets from doing all the other queens stuff on my main.. logged into an alt and put the tickets she got into the bank with my other stack… now my extras are all soul bound to my alt:/ GG thanks for the warning A-net

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

crap.. these are soulbound now… I had a stack of 20 or so sitting my bank from a couple toons together…

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Was going to post this as well. Basically leave it up to the people who exploit to ruin it for everyone.

Don’t blame the people for exploiting an idiotic design flaw on ANet. They learned a LONG time ago that this is how people react to this sort of thing. It’s why they stopped giving “presents” to individual characters and instead mailed it to the account as a whole. If they had given us 5 tickets for the account in the first place they never would have needed to change it to on acquire which was a ridiculously stupid move.

For me the character who has all the tickets is the one doing open world content, and she will never see the inside of the pavilion, ever. So her tickets might as well be thrown in the trash because that’s what they’re worth.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker