NO great collapse means no cantha in gw2?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: miki.8735

miki.8735

We all know the story behind the great collapse. But now thakittens gone there is no sign of canthan culture in Divinity’s Reach ? Does it mean cantha is never gonna make it into the game?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

There never was any Canthan buildings in DR to begin with. What the hell is there to miss? And even if what you said was true how would that in any way indicate that they would never add Cantha later on? This reminds me of all the players begging for Labyrinthine Cliffs to stay because it had Asian influences in it.

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zuer.2814

Zuer.2814

I’m pretty sure they’ve already said they weren’t planning on making Cantha/Asia 2.0

Zuer
Maguuma
[AON]

in Queen's Jubilee

wookiee.4631

I’m pretty sure they’ve already said they weren’t planning on making Cantha/Asia 2.0

Asia 2.0? lol Never thought of it that way. XD

in Queen's Jubilee

miki.8735

There never was any Canthan buildings in DR to begin with.

Well there were at first thats the story behind the great collapse but now that the remnant of what used to be cantha in gw2 is no more, i can assume there can be no cantha at all

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

There never was any Canthan buildings in DR to begin with. What the hell is there to miss? And even if what you said was true how would that in any way indicate that they would never add Cantha later on? This reminds me of all the players begging for Labyrinthine Cliffs to stay because it had Asian influences in it.

I read that the original creation for DR, that area for was for the asian based culture but something with Chine and Korea not liking it for some reason so the scratched and jammed a hole there because it was too late to develop something else. Personally the hole was a great idea but I hope something below cause it and will burst out of the Pavillion! ;3

in Queen's Jubilee

wookiee.4631

Well there were at first thats the story behind the great collapse but now that the remnant of what used to be cantha in gw2 is no more, i can assume there can be no cantha at all

I’ve seen people argue about this before, so I won’t argue, I’ll only say it once to avoid conflict. In lore that district was the Art district, not the Canthan district. The Canthan District disappearing was the result of development issues, not something in lore.

EDIT: Scroll down to History on that link.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Still, in my personal opinion, it stinks for anyone of Canthan descent that can never EVER have a place to call their home in Divinity’s Reach. Why? Asian communities……

in Queen's Jubilee

miki.8735

dude ive never stated its a lore issue. (and by saying “we all know the story behind the great collapse” i meant the development issue)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

The screenshot below was the original plan for the district; before it was hastily transformed into a giant sinkhole.

At least the quarter serves some (temporary?) purpose now, but I would have rather had a full Canthan district like in the screenshot.

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU