Only 6 domes ???? why no instanced ??

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

So one zone with 75 people, where the ‘raid/zerg’ part requires 20-30 people. There will be merchants and there will be afk’ers. There are 6 ‘rooms’ and these all require a ticket. I think things will just be fine.

It’s an MMO, they’re trying to give us a real arena and a sense of community.

Why cant that do that AND if all arenas are full allow you to enter an instanced version rather then wait. Or even better, not make this content temporary based… something we were promised there would be more of… something we are all still waiting on…

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

The majority of these posts are all hate for the developers who work hard to bring us what I believe is a really great game. If you consider the money-to-playtime factor, this game is one of the best. $60 has kept me entertained for months now. So my advice to you all is to chill the f*** out and enjoy. Guild Wars 2 is not a way of life and you should not treat it so. If it stresses you out this much when new releases are not exactly to your specifications, then you need to see a psychiatrist or someone of a similar profession.

End rant.

well I certainly don’t hate any of the devs, I love the game and play it since release. The thing is: we’re offered something that has rarely been in the game until now: Singleplayer PvE content which seems to be challenging. So I’m very happy that the devs think about people who are all for that too.

taking it out again hurts a lot. It seems like a decision from some of the big bosses, while the designers cringe anytime something from them is released and taken out of the game again. If you’d create new content, wouldn’t you love to see it in the game forever? You could also work on “your baby” and expand it in further updates.

If this is all about policies… meh.

But you’re absolutely right, it was a spontaneous reaction to post here although none of the content is released yet. I will wait and see how it turns out. It’s not fair and you made me feel actually guilty about my comments now.

I still wonder though how big the game would be without the LS.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Queen's Jubilee

Parisalchuk.9230

The majority of these posts are all hate for the developers who work hard to bring us what I believe is a really great game. If you consider the money-to-playtime factor, this game is one of the best. $60 has kept me entertained for months now. So my advice to you all is to chill the f*** out and enjoy. Guild Wars 2 is not a way of life and you should not treat it so. If it stresses you out this much when new releases are not exactly to your specifications, then you need to see a psychiatrist or someone of a similar profession.

End rant.

well I certainly don’t hate any of the devs, I love the game and play it since release. The thing is: we’re offered something that has rarely been in the game until now: Singleplayer PvE content which seems to be challenging. So I’m very happy that the devs think about people who are all for that too.

taking it out again hurts a lot. It seems like a decision from some of the big bosses, while the designers cringe anytime something from them is released and taken out of the game again. If you’d create new content, wouldn’t you love to see it in the game forever? You could also work on “your baby” and expand it in further updates.

If this is all about policies… meh.

But you’re absolutely right, it was a spontaneous reaction to post here although none of the content is released yet. I will wait and see how it turns out. It’s not fair and you made me feel actually guilty about my comments now.

I still wonder though how big the game would be without the LS.

Well the biggest boss there, Colin, already said they wanted to add more permanent content. The issue is, as a lot in GW2, it seems like it was purely a lip service to keep the customer happy rather than an acual change in policy. If its 1 thing Anet is not lacking in, its PR writers who like to spin fancy promises that are rarely fulfilled.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

At the end of august the game will be 1 year old. The end of the first cycle, the beginning of the next. It might be entirely possible that everything that was temporal until now might return yearly. A lot of stuff is confirmed to come back like the SAB and the festivals and I support these content cycles.
It doesn’t spread the population too much, it creates very populated zones with every (re)release, makes us look forward to stuff (Most of it will be expanded on/altered) and it keeps it fresh rather then getting burned out on it.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

I guess that we will all found out tomorrow if it take ages to get a 2 minutes chance to fight. But im still thinking that making a timed event on top of temporary content is a bad idea.

Some players DON’T have time

in Queen's Jubilee

Parisalchuk.9230

At the end of august the game will be 1 year old. The end of the first cycle, the beginning of the next. It might be entirely possible that everything that was temporal until now might return yearly. A lot of stuff is confirmed to come back like the SAB and the festivals and I support these content cycles.
It doesn’t spread the population too much, it creates very populated zones with every (re)release, makes us look forward to stuff (Most of it will be expanded on/altered) and it keeps it fresh rather then getting burned out on it.

If I can expect the same general story to play out year after year I might aswell quit now. But thats not what is going to happen.

Content that will return year after year – an incarnation of Wintersday, Halloween, Dragon Bash. Those are your core holidays. The rest of the content will continue to be these living story segments filled with cookie cutter achievement missions and temporary content and the occasional SAB release.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

If I can wait 15min for SB, what is 2 min?

in Queen's Jubilee

Parisalchuk.9230

2 mins if no one is in front of you. Just saying.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

If I can expect the same general story to play out year after year I might aswell quit now. But thats not what is going to happen.

Content that will return year after year – an incarnation of Wintersday, Halloween, Dragon Bash. Those are your core holidays. The rest of the content will continue to be these living story segments filled with cookie cutter achievement missions and temporary content and the occasional SAB release.

I think he’s trying to say more along the lines of next year Jenna will celebrate her 11th year ruling (Queen’s Gauntlet re-opens with little changes), while at the same time another big living story event takes place.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Queen's Jubilee

Parisalchuk.9230

I think he’s trying to say more along the lines of next year Jenna will celebrate her 11th year ruling (Queen’s Gauntlet re-opens with little changes), while at the same time another big living story event takes place.

An celebration for someones 11th year in power… certianly sounds like festival happy Tyria.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

We should just wait and see before jumping to conclusions, it might no be so bad after a while.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

You can see how many people are waiting on the NPC who you’ll need to talk to in order to get into the arena. Most fights will not actually take two minutes. The arena will admit the next person whenever someone wins or loses as well. Also there’s a lot of other stuff going on in the map. You guys should check it out before you jump to too many conclusions.

No offense, but you (Arenanet) kind of brings this on yourselves. When you only release tid bits of info, people are going to jump to conclusions. Either release more detail, or I favor releasing less. Just let us know what to expect with each new release without going into details or allowing Beta testers to post about it.

Most of these complaint threads should not even be posted until after the content is released (or would not) if some of these small details were to be left out prior to release.

(edited by Holy Whirlwind.2067)

in Queen's Jubilee

Parisalchuk.9230

We should just wait and see before jumping to conclusions, it might no be so bad after a while.

Oh cool, so I have to wait a few days for queues to settle down to start this super hard content that only 8% of testers was able to complete over the course of weeks. Solid plan.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Isnt there a livestream planned for today, like they always do?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vewen.8016

Vewen.8016

You can see how many people are waiting on the NPC who you’ll need to talk to in order to get into the arena. Most fights will not actually take two minutes. The arena will admit the next person whenever someone wins or loses as well. Also there’s a lot of other stuff going on in the map. You guys should check it out before you jump to too many conclusions.

Rather than doing all this trouble to get us to see how long we have to wait, you should have used your resources in a better way: no waiting at all by making it instanced. If I want to see other people doing it, I’ll check the videos that will be uploaded to youtube. No matter how much other stuff is going on, it doesn’t change the core of the problem. I have to wait. If I fail, I’ll have to join the queue again. And from what I’ve heard, i’ll fail a lot. NOt that I have anything against that, I welcome it. But not through this. And all that in just a 4-week span. If I want to play in the arena, I want to play in the arena and not wait until how many people before me are done. It’s all just a daunting mechanic, really. I really thought a game should be better than having those mechanics. Especially a year after launch and all the player feedback. And most of all, after using another mechanic just the patch before (candidate trials) that nobody complained about.

(edited by Vewen.8016)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

You guys should check it out before you jump to too many conclusions.

^ This seems reasonable. Maybe we can revisit this discussion after we have seen it for ourselves. If there is no need to revisit it because it ends up being a non-issue we can all thank this dude for the level headed comment.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Parisalchuk.9230

You guys should check it out before you jump to too many conclusions.

^ This seems reasonable. Maybe we can revisit this discussion after we have seen it for ourselves. If there is no need to revisit it because it ends up being a non-issue we can all thank this dude for the level headed comment.

But there are people who HAVE seen this content or have been given more information then we had who are expressing the same concerns we are here. That the content is another clone of previous events with ‘scavenger hunt’ tasks and temporary content that is time gated and extremely difficult. Our concerns are not unfounded.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

But there are people who HAVE seen this content or have been given more information then we had who are expressing the same concerns we are here. That the content is another clone of previous events with ‘scavenger hunt’ tasks and temporary content that is time gated and extremely difficult. Our concerns are not unfounded.

The specific “concern” Anthony addresses is the concern that the wait times for the Gauntlet might be too unreasonable. Which is completely unfounded, and the only mention of wait time by people who have previewed it is Dulfy mentioning “there might be a line.”

You shouldn’t take a Dev’s word out of context.

in Queen's Jubilee

Parisalchuk.9230

The specific “concern” Anthony addresses is the concern that the wait times for the Gauntlet might be too unreasonable. Which is completely unfounded, and the only mention of wait time by people who have previewed it is Dulfy mentioning “there might be a line.”

You shouldn’t take a Dev’s word out of context.

Any wait in order to play content due to a gated gameplay mechanic is certainly not an unfounded concern. Here are the facts: 6 people can play at 1 time max, the game time max is 2 minutes. 75 people can be in the zone before an overflow is created. That is a 25 minute (2 * 75 / 6) wait at peak. Certainly not all 75 will be queued, but certainly in a full zone more then 6 people will be playing the temporary content. There will be a line in that case. How is this disputed or unfounded?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So according to what they’re showing in the preview, we have to fight a boss, leave the arena, then try to get back in to fight the next one. Is that what others have gathered? (I can only listen, cause I’m at work)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Yeah this sounds like a bad decision all around. I have a limited time that I can play during, and the devs are saying “oh well, just go do something else while you wait” :P That answer just isn’t good enough for me.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

in Queen's Jubilee

Ursan.7846

Any wait in order to play content due to a gated gameplay mechanic is certainly not an unfounded concern. Here are the facts: 6 people can play at 1 time max, the game time max is 2 minutes. 75 people can be in the zone before an overflow is created. That is a 25 minute (2 * 75 / 6) wait at peak. Certainly not all 75 will be queued, but certainly in a full zone more then 6 people will be playing the temporary content. There will be a line in that case. How is this disputed or unfounded?

It’s unfounded because you haven’t actually experienced it yet.

The bottom level has 6 world bosses which according to Dulfy is designed for 20-30 players EACH. That will keep many players busy. Not to mention the afkers, people who are spectating, etc. etc.

In the end I imagine it’ll come out to be similar waiting time for Mad King’s JP or Wintersday JP. A minute or two, while we entertain ourselves by watching or doing the Events.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Well, in fact, there is a bunch of mobs waiting at the entrance. So… just go do something else while you wait.

Guild Wars 2 Wiki FR contributor

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Actually it’s two minutes. And the map capacity of Crown Pavilion is limited to 75 before it starts to create overflows.

So that’s 25 min if your the last one in queue if everyone is queuing well I’m hoping others weren’t looking as forward to this as I was. /guest to lowest populated sever

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So that’s 25 min if your the last one in queue if everyone is queuing well I’m hoping others weren’t looking as forward to this as I was. /guest to lowest populated sever

Yeah, if everyone takes 2 minutes, which is most likely not the case.
After 2 minutes you automatically fails so I would assume most people would try (and succeed) faster than that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Queen's Jubilee

Parisalchuk.9230

Well, in fact, there is a bunch of mobs waiting at the entrance. So… just go do something else while you wait.

If I WANTED to go kill mobs sure, Ill go kill mobs, but I WANT to play Queens Gauntlet. Thats like saying… oh you want to do this dungeon, well other people are in it go pvp till its open.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

If I WANTED to go kill mobs sure, Ill go kill mobs, but I WANT to play Queens Gauntlet. Thats like saying… oh you want to do this dungeon, well other people are in it go pvp till its open.

Things like this have however been in the game since release.
There are several dungeons that requires stuff done to have the dungeons unlocked after all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Queen's Jubilee

Ursan.7846

This is the exact same concept as you had in Wintersday JP. You wait for it to start, while you entertain yourself doing other non-related things.

in Queen's Jubilee

Marcus Greythorne.6843

and you really think you’ll be among 75 other players who all just want to do QG instead of the 6 huge groupevents where people can farm champions? lol. I’d rather say soloplayers will be the minority in there and waiting times will be quite minimal.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I believe that these arenas are going to be fun in a new way that I haven’t seen before in an MMO. While there is a queue it looks like it is going to be relatively short, meaning 1-2 minutes all considered. During this time you get to watch other people attempt what you are about to. You can learn from their strategies, whether they be poor ones or great ones. Now for a bit of a rant.

This thread is the first to actually provoke a reply out of me. When I first started playing this game I thought that this game had a great community… up until I made the mistake of reading these forums. Many of those who replied above are complaining about something they have not yet even seen, have no concept of how this will function upon release, and have not put near as much thought into it as the developers have.

End rant.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us all.

Now…I would like to ask you to “chill the f*** out” and let others express their opinion as well. I have to assume others have spent the same $60 as you did as the only other option is that you paid for the other 2,999,999 copies of the game out of your own pocket and shared them with the rest of us.

When Art is offered to the public it is often subjected to criticism, both non-constructive and constructive…both can lead to inspiration, so fret not.

So thank you in advance for your understanding of others opinions as they are just as important as yours.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

This is the exact same concept as you had in Wintersday JP. You wait for it to start, while you entertain yourself doing other non-related things.

Except that the potential wait time is 10 times longer.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

So, a map has 75 players and 6 arenas. So the queue is composed of 69 players. At a rate of 6 new players that enter every 2 minutes, it means on average you have to wait 20 minutes between the time you leave an arena and can reenter to try again.

2 minutes is the maximum time you get to defeat your opponent, easy opponents will be beaten in less than a minute i bet, so waiting time’s will be lower than 20 minutes

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Queen's Jubilee

Ursan.7846

Except that the potential wait time is 10 times longer.

Yes, and every single industrial power plant has a “potential” for failure assuming EVERYTHING goes wrong. Does that mean it’s realistic?

As I mentioned previously, there are 2 Group Events occuring below which according to Dulfy requires 20-30 people participating. Not to mention the people who’re just there just to watch and observe, to afk, to explore. Then there’s the fact that your specific overflow might not even be full. Matches might not even take 2 minutes (The dev with a P/P thief cleared one stage in 1 minute. And we know how much damage P/P thieves do….)

Yes, if absolutely everything goes wrong, you may wait for a long time. But then what are the chances of that?

Regardless of what you believe in though: you should still experience the actual content before you judge.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MangoMan.3218

MangoMan.3218

Forgive me for not taking the time to read every single post made so far. This might have already been said.
But, almost all of you are assuming that all 75 people in the arena will be queued up to enter the domes. But, the domes only make up half of what’s there. Down below are more sections which represent different trials the races (or just humans, not sure) have faced, such as Flame Legion, Destroyers, etc. I’m not sure what exactly is to be done down there but I am guessing only about half of the people in the map will be in the queue for the domes. Of course, that makes about 13 minutes of waiting time, but that’s only if you’re in last place for the queue. By the way, I bet you can have some fun fighting monsters in the rest of the arena below while you wait for your turn. I think it’s a fine sacrifice to make to have the opportunity for people to interact with each other by watching people fight in the domes, and laughing as they fall to their deaths when their time runs out. These act as community-based entertainment builders. That’s why they are not instanced.

Just vanquishing the hate. | Ziios, TC
http://www.youtube.com/MangoMiner

(edited by MangoMan.3218)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i think it’s quite an interesting approach. time-gated i don’t think is bad. it will be sort of fun to be able to watch others attempt, cheer them on, and really have a sense of “community”, whatever that may mean to you. these are fights that are supposed to have spectators, and ANet is creatign that exactly.

though i guess what most people are upset with is that…
- time-gated content is not bad, hard content is definitely not bad, temporary content, is not bad either.. i know, i know, it’s been repeated before but still worth mentioning – hard, time-gated, temporary content, all mixed up in one bag? not the best combo.
- people with limited time to play each day may end up spending most of their time trying to get tickets and waiting, and may be sacrificing their dailies or WvW/dnugeonnig with their friends because they wanna check out and succeed in the gauntlet. yes, i know you mentioned we can check out other content too.. but still.
- a lot of achievement points tied to ‘em, which people are after now more so than ever. the OCD or achievements hunters will, but now most people will want to because AP’s give out rewards now! so people are being “forced” to do all this content

… just to name a few.

though again, everyone, let’s take a deep breath, don’t worry about what we can’t control and wait until tomorrow. : )) then when thigns are as bad as you’d thought or, the Six forbid, worse than what you’d expected, then come back on here.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Maybe it is 6 domes for the 6 dragons. Maybe we will see dragon minions boss fights in there eventually. 6 areas too. wink wink

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m more inclined to think it’s 6 domes because there are 6 cities. (Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, Hoelbrak, the Grove, Rata Sum and Lion’s Arch.)

in Queen's Jubilee

Marcus Greythorne.6843

tried it, waiting time almost non-existent when I started. Later I had to wait a battle or two, (less than 2 minutes each) which was interesting since I learned something about the enemies.

Lol at all those who whined they need to wait 25minutes.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Quise.5628

Quise.5628

queue is not the problem, problem is low fps at dome fight when on main arena there is 70 guys running and doing events.