Queen Jennah is a tyrant?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DravenAU.5789

DravenAU.5789

Gladiatorial combat?
I’m starting to suspect that perhaps she is using her Mesmer powers to make us believe she is fair and just, but actions speak louder than words.

Now… fight for my amusement…. and distract the people from problems of the Empire.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Warkind.6745

Warkind.6745

Maybe she’s a robot, and likes watching the mortals suffer.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Escapulario.4871

Escapulario.4871

she always came up as a tyrant to me. she kinda was the reason Destiny’s Edge disbanded in the first place and it seems like she doesn’t care, maybe because we don’t see her as often as Logan or the others

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

She is already responsible for the genocide of adventures entering the gauntlet and then forces them to walk all the way back up to the gauntlet to die again.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

She is already responsible for the genocide of adventures entering the gauntlet and then forces them to walk all the way back up to the gauntlet to die again.

It’s like being a prisoner of war and ascending the steps of the Templo Mayor at Tenochtitlan. You venture up the ramp, knowing that your head will make a hastier retreat than will your body. At least with the Aztecs, you were forced to complete that climb only once.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

It seems to be a bit brutal, but hey, at the first glance I thought she had actually imprisoned sentient being just for them to be slaughtered by adventurers. When I realized they were just robots, it was a relief.
Still, yes, I would have never expected gladiatorial combat from Jennah.

I’m more concerned with the fact that Anise almost killed Logan. She sure has a cruel sense of humor. What was she trying to prove anyway? I know it wasn’t her fault that the robot stopped obeying her commands, but still, Logan lowered his guard when he saw Rytlock. He hesitated, and that could have killed him even if the robot had not have been tampered with. I’m sure someone as smart and cunning as Anise would know that seeing Rytlock wouldn’t be good for Logan.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

She can create multiple champion/legendary phantasms and still cant do a kitten with bandits and centaurs(not to mention dragons). Centaur boss is much stronger than modnir and could possibly kill whole centaur army solo. Well, arena script writers can’t create logical plot.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Escapulario.4871

Escapulario.4871

It seems to be a bit brutal, but hey, at the first glance I thought she had actually imprisoned sentient being just for them to be slaughtered by adventurers. When I realized they were just robots, it was a relief.

I’m more concerned with the fact that Anise almost killed Logan. She sure has a cruel sense of humor. What was she trying to prove anyway? I know it wasn’t her fault that the robot stopped obeying her commands, but still, Logan lowered his guard when he saw Rytlock. He hesitated, and that could have killed him even if the robot had not have been tampered with. I’m sure someone as smart and cunning as Anise would know that seeing Rytlock wouldn’t be good for Logan.

it wouldn’t suprise me if Anise was a member of the Aetherblades.

in Queen's Jubilee

Elbegast.6970

The robot stopped following her commands, only when it was destroyed. Until then, it was performing as intended. FYI, Anise is working for the bad guys. It’s blatantly obvious and a terrible use of cliche at that.

EDIT: Oh…and the bad guys are going to wind up being the good guys. It’s another tired cliche that ArenaNet isn’t disguising very well.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I found it to be pretty weird. Just what the hell is going on in this place? Some kind of “Running Man” or “Hunger Games” stuff or what? I still haven’t figured it out.

(edited by Araziel.7201)

in Queen's Jubilee

DravenAU.5789

I have yet to complete the entire “Personal Story” for the first time yet, so I don’t know how it pans out.
But, I was under the impression that Queen Jennah was supposed to be for the people.
Maybe it’s just my cynicism coming into Elections in Australia, but she really seems to be exploiting people to gain the favour of the masses.
I don’t like it. Don’t think I’ll support her anymore.
Unfortunately Caudecus is too much of a…. err… slimebag for me to get behind him.

For now…. on with the Hunger Games. Sacrifice the adventurers to keep the rest in line.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

In the introduction ceremony she was a bit more like a bad monarch im my eyes.

But more interesting was anise her little trick and raises the question, who would win in a fight logan vs rytlock.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chamolin.4530

Chamolin.4530

Maybe its not really her in there. Maybe the real queen has been kidnapped and replaced with a more sinister copy of herself.

in Queen's Jubilee

DravenAU.5789

That’s what I was wondering. ;-)

in Queen's Jubilee

Elbegast.6970

Maybe its not really her in there. Maybe the real queen has been kidnapped and replaced with a more sinister copy of herself.

A Watchknight in disguise, perhaps?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Ahh…this puts my mind at ease about the queen’s/human morality issue. I mean, we have this massive death-pit of slaughter, carnage and mayhem. If these opponents were living beings (depending on one’s definition) imprisoned against their will, there would be some serious issues involved.

Having said that, the Queen’s Champions ALWAYS go too far in their duels. When WE win, they get to surrender and walk away. When THEY win, we are DEAD. Big difference. Personally, I’d like the opportunity to FINISH HIM/HER! >:)

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

(edited by GamerOnline.3650)

in Queen's Jubilee

DravenAU.5789

Indeed.
And… as Elbegast was saying, I was also thinking that perhaps the queen was replaced by a Watchknight as they demonstrated that they can take any form.

I’m not sure that the opponents being robots eases my mind. It’s still a grinder that they are dropping people into. Just that the grinder isn’t being hurt. =)

I suspect that the queen is either a manipulating witch or that someone has replaced her. Right now… I’m leaning toward the first thought.
Mesmer. Has a champion under her control. Manipulating the people to have them think she’s fighting for them. Any noble that opposes her gets the Seraph and Logan (and us) kicking their butts.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mogsterfortytwo.6712

Mogsterfortytwo.6712

It’s pretty simple really;
Queen Jennah never left Caudecaus’ Manor alive. We all rescued a Charr replacement, so that they could gain access / control of the Ebonhawke Asura gate. As the Black Citadel is a colossal iron sphere, they will magnetise it to create a large gravity well (why they built it that shape), and connecting the black Citadel and Ebonhawke gates with that in the middle will sent anything travelling between the two gates back in time, a la the Stargate SG-1 episode 1969 (further reinforcing the Asura/Star gate reference). They will then use this to send back the construct to try and murder Gwen’s mum, and when they realise it didn’t work, again to send a second to assasinate Gwen. Simple.

I write this, and now kind of hope I’m right…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

It’s pretty simple really;
Queen Jennah never left Caudecaus’ Manor alive. We all rescued a Charr replacement, so that they could gain access / control of the Ebonhawke Asura gate. As the Black Citadel is a colossal iron sphere, they will magnetise it to create a large gravity well (why they built it that shape), and connecting the black Citadel and Ebonhawke gates with that in the middle will sent anything travelling between the two gates back in time, a la the Stargate SG-1 episode 1969 (further reinforcing the Asura/Star gate reference). They will then use this to send back the construct to try and murder Gwen’s mum, and when they realise it didn’t work, again to send a second to assasinate Gwen. Simple.

I write this, and now kind of hope I’m right…

I could totally support this, but only if Rodney McKay gets a cameo somewhere.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Oh, she has been acting like that from the very beginning. Look at the end of caduceus manor story – it’s clear she considers Logan to be an idiot (well, that one is understandable), and barely contains her irritation with him. Still, she does continue to string him along so she can keep his loyalty.
Everytime she shows up, she comes along as someone very cold and calculating. having cruel gladiatorial games that would satisfy population’s need for entertainment would be perfectly in line with what her personality seemed up to that point.
So would be creating an army of perfectly loyal mechanical servants subject to only her personal will. Too bad that someone interfered in that last one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Not really. She seems to let her people do whatever the hell they want.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

I have yet to complete the entire “Personal Story” for the first time yet, so I don’t know how it pans out.
But, I was under the impression that Queen Jennah was supposed to be for the people.

You don´t get the whole Queen Jennah/Logan storyline from the personal story.
Just an introduction and the rest is found in the Story modes of the Dungeons.
And the in-game storyline actually continues the novel Destinies Edge, which I have stopped reading somewhere in the middle.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Nobody is forcing you to go there.

And there’s a waypoint that will prevent your death. Those things restore you when they teleport you after defeated.

No one is in actual danger in there as long as the waypoint works.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

I don’t like it. Don’t think I’ll support her anymore.
Unfortunately Caudecus is too much of a…. err… slimebag for me to get behind him.

GW2 heroes and villains in a nutshell for you. That’s basically how Kiel and Evon were portrayed.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

She is a monarch and thus has absolute power, so by definition she is a tyrant since tyranny is laying claim to powers not granted or powers no one can claim.

FWIW, you can be a nice tyrant.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I’m not sure how having the bottom drop out of the arena cage dome meshes with her passing this off as some sort of celebration.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

She is a monarch and thus has absolute power, so by definition she is a tyrant since tyranny is laying claim to powers not granted or powers no one can claim.

FWIW, you can be a nice tyrant.

Actually she doesnt have absolute power. She shares power with the Ministry which is composed of representatives from across Kryta. The Ministry has held alot of power in Kryta since the time of Queen Salma.

Infact she actually has less power now than probably any krytan monarch since Salma.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

It’d be a neat twist. I’m growing a bit tired of everybody being all goodie goodie. Jenna using her watchknight army to eliminate the ministry and then proceeding to rule Divinity’s Reach with an iron fist would shake things up a little.