What is ANet's Stance On Deadeye?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Null.9743

Null.9743

Last night, a member of a certain class which I shall not mention here posted a link to their traits with the claim they were able to kill Deadeye in under 5 seconds, before his first teleport.

This thread was almost immediately deleted by mods, posts were removed and the whole thing was sent to the trash can with no Dev response.

The build in question was not anything unique and special, it was what I’d consider one of the two main zerker builds for the class. So my question is, if threads are being deleted is this considered an exploit?

Will people be punished for using the builds and bosses provided by ANet or will Deadeye rewards just be nerfed soon to be in line with Subject 7? Could informing other players of how to easily farm Deadeye be considered spreading exploits and a punishable offence? As it stands I’m reluctant to post a link to any good build in case ANet decides it’s deletion worthy.

(edited by Null.9743)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

I am actually really surprised that both deadeye and subject 7 were not nerfed in the same update. I mean with a warrior 7 was a little easier because you were not in as much danger of dieing. But with a guardian deadeye is just stupid easy. Maybe the devs are happy that they made something that is easier on classes other than warrior so they are leaving it in?

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Queen's Jubilee

Null.9743

Both 7 and Deadeye don’t even seem like they should be in Tier 3. They are both cake walks compared to Liadra, if you’d asked me to guess their ranking I’d have said late tier 2.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

I agree once you learn how to dodge for deadeye its rather easy. And for subject 7 all you need is dps.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

My only complaint on Deadeye was that you need to figure what things work and don’t during a trial by fire. I don’t mean, what traits/weapons to use I mean basic things like block. I used shield stance (a 3s block all attacks skill) on my war about 3-5 times and kept dying. I didn’t know if I was just really miss-timing things or block just didn’t work at all. Yet, when I threw on Endure Pain (a 4s invulnerably skill) that did protect me.

The same thing with immobilize. Apparently all of the bosses are immune to it, but we had no indication as such (unless I’m mistaken). I didn’t notice until I got to the ranger and his pet and kept trying to immobilize him with my bow and boas and spent 3-4 times trying to stop him until I realized it and gave up that approach.

in Queen's Jubilee

Null.9743

Blinds and reflects all seem to work on Deadeye making him very easy to zerk with a small amount of spatial awareness.

I think it might be best to switch Deadeye with the Pirate Crew from the end of Tier 2. They seemed like more of a T3 fight to me.

in Queen's Jubilee

Wallace MacBix.2089

Really? I was able to beat the Pirate Crew on my first try while it took me ~5-7 to realize what did and didn’t work for Deadeye.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

For his kill shot, only blind, evade, and invulnerability work. It’s essentially the same attack that Deadeyes in Arah Path 2 have.

But yeah, I don’t understand why the thief thread was deleted.

Retired. Too many casuals.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

i recall just sword ninja-ing him in the corner on my ranger, didnt teleport once… didnt even realise he teleported around till i saw someone else against him

(and i think all of the bosses before strugar and chompers (by extension liadri) are easy – salazan confused me a bit at first… thought i was supposed to get out of the ‘deadly fire ring’ – so dont really think a rebalance is needed)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Queen's Jubilee

Null.9743

Really? I was able to beat the Pirate Crew on my first try while it took me ~5-7 to realize what did and didn’t work for Deadeye.

I think that’s more down to trial and error/inconsistency in blocking than anything.

I actually think the Pirate Crew fight should have its difficulty increased a bit and to be moved up to Tier 3.

Deadeye is just a pansy if you’re got any ranged DPS/reflects/blinds. Pirate Crew requires you to prioritise targets, track multiple offensive objects, be considerate of the buffs they give to the rest of the party on defeat.

in Queen's Jubilee

Wallace MacBix.2089

I think that’s more down to trial and error/inconsistency in blocking than anything.

I actually think the Pirate Crew fight should have its difficulty increased a bit and to be moved up to Tier 3.

Deadeye is just a pansy if you’re got any ranged DPS/reflects/blinds. Pirate Crew requires you to prioritise targets, track multiple offensive objects, be considerate of the buffs they give to the rest of the party on defeat.

I guess that’s true. Though a warrior only has 1 long ranged blind and 1 invulnerably move both on a decently long cd (and I guess the evade on the gs). But I can see your point, I haven’t gone back to fight him again yet (still working on Liadri), but I have a feeling he won’t be that hard the next time around.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Well all the fights before liadri are a joke anyways. I would agree that the pirates fight is harder than any other fight besides liadri though.

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Are we talking about an exploit/bug here?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Queen's Jubilee

Null.9743

That’s the thing Vol, we don’t know.

The build I saw was a totally legitimate build which I had considered using months previously in an unrelated event.

The boss is a totally legitimate boss designed exactly the way ANet wanted to design him.

If it turns out there was an oversight on their part and it’s super easy to kill him using the Traits/Classes they provided, I don’t think that’s an exploit.

Even if you were to use this method of killing him fast to farm him all day long, ANet made no attempt to limit how often you can repeat a boss. They set the boss health, they set the traits, they set the drop rates. This isn’t some programming typo like when they set a karma item price way too low at launch and loads of people exploited it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

No, they’re just busy eating their words.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

Nope, it’s not an exploit. I think it’s just oversight from Anet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Null.9743

Nope, it’s not an exploit. I think it’s just oversight from Anet.

An oversight which has led them to delete multiple threads apparently. I’d rather they officially classify their stance on Deadeye rather than just deleting threads and hoping we don’t notice.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Does the class in question use long cooldown? If you have to wait for long cooldown, it wont’ matter if you can kill in 5 second.

I know guardian can kill it before it teleport, wonder what other class can do it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Wallace MacBix.2089

There was also a vid floating around of a war killing Ladri in about 1:10 with I think no dodging, just because of insane DPS and how the fight/skills work.

in Queen's Jubilee

Broadicea.8294

Does the class in question use long cooldown? If you have to wait for long cooldown, it wont’ matter if you can kill in 5 second.

I know guardian can kill it before it teleport, wonder what other class can do it.

Thief should be able to do it in the same amount of time as my guardian video or less, with lower cooldowns. I’ve tried it a few times but I’m nowhere near good on my thief so I couldn’t quite get it down.

in Queen's Jubilee

Null.9743

There was one cooldown skill which may have been helping kill him in under 5 seconds but even without it, I think it would be totally possible to kill him before his first teleport. It’s mostly weapon skills and taking advantage of clever trait/utility combos.

It’s an intentionally designed build though, one where when ANet were designing the class they’ve tried to make it a valid burst DPS build. It just so happens it also slaughters Deadeye before he can really do anything if you gear full Zerk with Scholar runes.

Also, even just mentioning that he used scholar runes now makes me worry my post is going to get deleted. This is why you need to classify your stance ANet, else it seems like legitimate aspects of the game are being considered exploitative.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

The build I saw was a totally legitimate build which I had considered using months previously in an unrelated event.

The boss is a totally legitimate boss designed exactly the way ANet wanted to design him.

If it turns out there was an oversight on their part and it’s super easy to kill him using the Traits/Classes they provided, I don’t think that’s an exploit.

Even if you were to use this method of killing him fast to farm him all day long, ANet made no attempt to limit how often you can repeat a boss. They set the boss health, they set the traits, they set the drop rates. This isn’t some programming typo like when they set a karma item price way too low at launch and loads of people exploited it.

This. If this is considered an exploit then CoF P1 speedruns should have also, but no one was banned they just nerfed it.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

I have officially figured out how to farm him now with 5 gambits every 15 secs on thief . As time progresses , im going to upgrade to 6 and so forth , oh the shinies!

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Khairiya.7240

Khairiya.7240

Well, you already know what I’m gonna ask you now.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Make him immune to blinds, bypassing reflection. Other than that, no more nerfs.

in Queen's Jubilee

laokoko.7403

I can kill it on my thief but only after 1 teleport. Beside guardian, my guess would be mesmer? That is the only class I think have not only block but have reflect projectile.

5 second means he can’t even teleport. I’m really curious what class can kill that fast.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I was going to farm him but found is teleports were random, some fights he just stood there and took it, other times he teleported 3 times within the first few seconds. There are easier things to farm.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

This. If this is considered an exploit then CoF P1 speedruns should have also, but no one was banned they just nerfed it.

Exactly I’ll say what I said in a thread that was deleted for no reason once again.
If farming deadeye (which takes perfect gear,class,build,execution) is an exploit then most every GW1 player would have seen bans, im referring to: 55 monks, 130 dervs, invincible assassins, SoS rits or rangers, WAMMOs, Mist form eles, ect ect.

(edited by KingClash.3186)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Anything anet doesn’t like is an exploit.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

lol, good one.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Queen's Jubilee

Broadicea.8294

Or a bug. “Fixed a bug that allowed players to actually make a handful of pocket change from the Aetherized Mantle.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marauding Scum.6728

Marauding Scum.6728

The inconsistency is quite disturbing if you ask me, they should either undo Subject 7 changes or make changes to Deadeye soon.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

snap have to go home and finish the achieves before ANet “fixes” anything again. XDDD

joking aside (sort of)… these people are killing these guys legit with in-game mechanics, i don’t see what’s the problem here? i guess like people mentioned, they just don’t like people farming, or if there’s something that’s being done that was not “intended”… i personally wouldn’t farm the gauntlets even if i could, but that’s a different story for anothe time i guess.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

The inconsistency is quite disturbing if you ask me, they should either undo Subject 7 changes or make changes to Deadeye soon.

apologies for double post.

sorry, i haven’t been following too much.. did they change the mechanic of the fights? or just changed the loot drops from 7?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Marauding Scum.6728

apologies for double post.

sorry, i haven’t been following too much.. did they change the mechanic of the fights? or just changed the loot drops from 7?

Just the loot from 7, it is now possible to actually lose a little bit of money if you win the fight.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cannons.8109

cannons.8109

All I see are warriors everywhere queued for the gauntlet farming deadeye. I tried doing the gauntlet for the first time today and got nasty messages from the mob of warriors telling me to leave their arenas. It was like conga lines where they would go in, kill deadeye in 3 seconds and get back in line over and over. After i died on the pirate crew, all 5 of the warriors stood around me and wouldn’t Rez me. I don’t mind the farming, but the attitudes of these people are annoying.

in Queen's Jubilee

Marauding Scum.6728

All I see are warriors everywhere queued for the gauntlet farming deadeye. I tried doing the gauntlet for the first time today and got nasty messages from the mob of warriors telling me to leave their arenas. It was like conga lines where they would go in, kill deadeye in 3 seconds and get back in line over and over. After i died on the pirate crew, all 5 of the warriors stood around me and wouldn’t Rez me. I don’t mind the farming, but the attitudes of these people are annoying.

You will find this behavior everywhere that is a money spot, try killing a champ "out of order’ in Orr and see how many people will send you nice messages.

This is pretty much the life of some people, just have pity on them and move on.

in Queen's Jubilee

laokoko.7403

I dont’ get all the rezing part. You want to save 1 minutes of your life by wasting 1 minute of other people’s life. If they don’t rez you they can queue faster. Not to mention all their fight is really fast and normal fight much longer. So they are the one that need to be patient by people doing normal fight.

And I dont’ get the warrior part. Warrior is probably one of the worst class to farm it. Long cool down and you have to wait 10 second for deadeye to teleport to you, and if you didn’t kill it in time you are dead.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Last night, a member of a certain class which I shall not mention here posted a link to their traits with the claim they were able to kill Deadeye in under 5 seconds, before his first teleport.

This thread was almost immediately deleted by mods, posts were removed and the whole thing was sent to the trash can with no Dev response.

The build in question was not anything unique and special, it was what I’d consider one of the two main zerker builds for the class. So my question is, if threads are being deleted is this considered an exploit?

I have a Ranger Build that can kill Deadeye in 12-15 seconds. Its not a super awesome warrior build or anything, but it works. The Problem is, is that Skill recharge times prevent me from just jumping back into the ring to keep fighting him, especially when I do it with 5 gambits. I can only do an awesome 12 second run every 2 minutes, and it requires utterly perfect execution, because once he teleports away from you, its game over.

Dude, That Sucks, keep reading though, I have a solution….

You will find this behavior everywhere that is a money spot, try killing a champ "out of order’ in Orr and see how many people will send you nice messages.

This is pretty much the life of some people, just have pity on them and move on.

Yeah this is true.

But want to know what’s also true? Its easy to Troll Players that think they have “Entitlements” over other Players!

Solution #1

Using the Warrior example above from Cannons, I have seen it, heard about it on map chat, and I jump right in anyways, because those Warriors can’t stop you. I do my 15 second dead eye run and jump in back of the line, and then it gets Hilarious because a bunch of Warriors are all hurt inside because I am taking 10 seconds longer than they are. You can also dance on their corpses instead of reviving them. I’ve done that too! Eventually they’ll scatter and move on. (This tactic requires you to lower yourself to their level though, and many people can’t do that.)

Solution #2 is to just find a different ring to fight in, but there’s less fun in that.

edit : P.S. : I have made about 30-40 gold from the gauntlet so far (and lost 20 of that from losing many, many matches), but…..On an offsite forum, someone did a calculation for doing a 5 gambit match every 2 minutes (like I do), for 5 hours a day (not like I do,…too boring!), for 3 weeks….The yield is over 1,000 gold. If You are a Truly dedicated Farmer, then you can easily double, triple, Quadriple that. Someone try to tell me that isn’t going to throw the game off balance in some way! That’s, a, little wrong…

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

in Queen's Jubilee

laokoko.7403

I actually bother to time it, it take 40 second 1 silver and 11 copper to move back.

I don’t know why everyone think everyone else need to rez you, especially it means just to make their queue longer.

Beside the point you said there is a long queue. So you have to wait those 40 second anyway. So if you meant to tell me you want to save 1 silver 11 copper…

(edited by laokoko.7403)