Abaddon

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

A quick “what-if”:

How would Scarlet have been threaded into the storyline had the Abaddon fractal been chosen instead of Thaumanova? Could this previous possibility have any impact on Scarlet’s motivations?

Or is this a pointless thread?

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

Not pointless but definitely debated many many times before.

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

I was not aware, perhaps my repeated absences have caused me to miss them. Thank you for the response.

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I simply think that we wouldn’t have had Scarlet in that Fractal.
She was in the Thaumanova one because she was actually there.
She was not at the Fall of Abaddon.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Considering the importance of Thaumanova to Scarlet’s story, I wouldn’t be surprised if the election was fixed and we never had a chance at the Abbadon fractal in the first place.

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

The fact that players voted for some nonsense science mumbo jumbo over getting to see a being like abaddon (and probably other dieties in the game) and his fall is beyond me. How could ANYBODY want the first over that?

Abaddon

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

The fact that players voted for some nonsense science mumbo jumbo over getting to see a being like abaddon (and probably other dieties in the game) and his fall is beyond me. How could ANYBODY want the first over that?

Cheaper waypoints.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

because our votes didn’t actually do anything

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

Because that’s a great idea for an expansion or a full dungeon but not something for a fractal. I mean, the Ascalon one doesn’t feel very epic in such a short window.

(edited by Calys Teneb.7015)

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

because our votes didn’t actually do anything

I am more inclined to believe this, I have no reason to believe that anything we did in game actually changed the vote.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

Well if the vote really didn’t matter then Anet intentionally teased us with something we didn’t get, indicating they may have plans for his backstory later on.

If however the vote was accurate, now the chances of the backstory are close to nothing because if a boring reactor level can be more popular, why bother?

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: Jamers.1629

Jamers.1629

Was there ever confirmation that the dungeons were one or the other? I seem to recall getting the impression that the vote was mainly for which one would be released FIRST. Winner got released 2013 – but there was nothing (at least on the release page) that suggested we wouldn’t get the Abaddon fractal at all (eg, 2014). If there was a confirmation somewhere else, then I missed it.

Also, there wasn’t elaboration on what the Abaddon fractal would consist of? I don’t think we’d actually get up close with the big bad himself. The gods are supposed to be these untouchable beings of immense power and playing on their level would just negate that feeling. And if you got to play as the other five gods, your party could be dying all over the place, again, removing the feeling of them being these powerful entities. If that’s how the fractal was going to be implemented, I know plenty of players who wouldn’t have wanted that.

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I think we would fight Abaddon, it would be probably a remake of the fight from GW1.

I actually really wanted Abaddon as a fractal. The fight from GW1 was the most anticlimatic thing I’ve experienced in that game. Abaddon was built up to be this really powerful god who’s been pulling the strings all this time, and when you fight him….. he’s a giant wuss and all you do is kill trashmobs. I wanted that fight redone.

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Was there ever confirmation that the dungeons were one or the other? I seem to recall getting the impression that the vote was mainly for which one would be released FIRST. Winner got released 2013 – but there was nothing (at least on the release page) that suggested we wouldn’t get the Abaddon fractal at all (eg, 2014). If there was a confirmation somewhere else, then I missed it.

Also, there wasn’t elaboration on what the Abaddon fractal would consist of? I don’t think we’d actually get up close with the big bad himself. The gods are supposed to be these untouchable beings of immense power and playing on their level would just negate that feeling. And if you got to play as the other five gods, your party could be dying all over the place, again, removing the feeling of them being these powerful entities. If that’s how the fractal was going to be implemented, I know plenty of players who wouldn’t have wanted that.

It was confirmed in various dev posts and during the hype that it would be one or the other and that would be it. Neither was to be started until after the vote, altho they had working ideas (obviously) for both in readiness.

Only the devs can truly answer what was going to be involved in the Abaddon fractal, altho one dev suggested what they were thinking of for the Thaumatover was more interesting

Abaddon

in Living World

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Inb4 Abaddon, sleeping inside of Kormir takes her over and returns. Silly mortals, trying to hold down a god.

(Since even Kormir stated that “Abaddon” sleeps within her.)

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Abaddon

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I think we would fight Abaddon, it would be probably a remake of the fight from GW1.

I actually really wanted Abaddon as a fractal. The fight from GW1 was the most anticlimatic thing I’ve experienced in that game. Abaddon was built up to be this really powerful god who’s been pulling the strings all this time, and when you fight him….. he’s a giant wuss and all you do is kill trashmobs. I wanted that fight redone.

No.
They confirmed several times that it would be his first fall. Not his “death”.
What we saw in Nightfall was his “death”. The fall takes place many years before that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square